NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    He was a beast in college, and that game will transfer over to the NBA. It's not his fault he is stuck on the dysfunctional Clippers.

That's it. Ya know, college ball is a pretty good (not perfect) barometer of what's to come.....just sayin'.

ed o'bannon

Ed O'Bannon was the shit at UCLA along w/ his lil brother and Tyus Edny. No NBA Translation.

FUCK College. The NBA is another level. Some dudes peak in College. Corliss Williams anyone???

JJ Reddick? Tyler Handsbrough?

Absolutely.

The players that usually star in college and fail in the NBA either A) Are obviously lacking in some areas of the game like being 1/2 a step slow, not being able to create their own shot, can't play defense, are pure shooters and nothing else(Adam Morrison anyone)....or are.....B) The flashy athletic player that jumps out the gym and can dunk on any/every 1/2 step slow, pure shooting, no defense playing college competition.

Blake Griffin is what you would call a 5-tool player in baseball......no weaknesses in his game.

Shoot (Create their own shot)
    Rebound (in a crowd)
    Pass (assists)
    Play-D (blocks, steals, stops)
    High B-Ball IQ

Usually if you have 3-4 tools you're gonna be a decent pro player.....having all 5 guarantees stardom as long as they stay healthy.

I can't think of any non-knucklehead, healthy, 5 tool players that have failed at the pro level.

• batmon said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yuichi said:
    He was a beast in college, and that game will transfer over to the NBA. It's not his fault he is stuck on the dysfunctional Clippers.

That's it. Ya know, college ball is a pretty good (not perfect) barometer of what's to come.....just sayin'.

ed o'bannon

Ed O'Bannon was the shit at UCLA along w/ his lil brother and Tyus Edny. No NBA Translation.

FUCK College. The NBA is another level. Some dudes peak in College. Corliss Williams anyone???

during his stay in tronto, his nickname among my friends was "cor-lost on defense-son". we thought we were sooooooooo clever.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Griffin is goin to be a player . Deal with it

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Stop sucking up to a Sooner. It's not becoming.

HarveyCanal said:

Go back and see what I said about Durant when he was drafted.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

U called him first on the Strut.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Rock deserves his credit for riding early, but I was saying Durant would be a 30-point a night NBA scorer back when he was a frosh at Texas. Took him 3 years to get there, and now we're looking at a jump to 35 a night and an ever deeper playoff run really soon.

HarveyCanal said:
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Rock deserves his credit for riding early, but I was saying Durant would be a 30-point a night NBA scorer back when he was a frosh at Texas. Took him 3 years to get there, and now we're looking at a jump to 35 a night and an ever deeper playoff run really soon.

I bet they get stopped. The expectations are high now and teams will take the Thunder seriously.

Remember the hype the Warriors got post Dallas upset?

I think they are a Big man away from doin REAL damage. Scaring the Lakers isnt a big deal IMO.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    In summary, fuck a Chris Webber all day.

I know a gang of you west coaster hatt CW, but if u wanna talk about 6'10 dudes that do it all look kno further.

Passing Big men like Garnett, Webber, and Shaq, are much more of your so called rarity claim.

He ran the Adelman offense from the Post because of his passing skills.

How old are u. Bringing up Detroit - he was gone by then. That was just a political move to bring him home. He was in the L for 18 years by then. Dude scored 20 per in Philly. Do u watch basketball?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/webbech01.html

Trust me, most dudes in the league can get 20 on any given night. It really doesn't mean anything.

Webber was good. I'll admit that. But like I said, it was Jason Williams and Vlade that really made that team a pass-friendly one. If you wanna talk about passing big men, Vlade was one of the best in the game at that. I'll give him more credit than CWebb on the Kings.

I'm almost getting to 29. I obviously never watched as carefully as I do now, but NBA on NBC, Charles and Reggie Miller prime time and all that. Trust me, I was around. lol

I think they are a Big man away from doin REAL damage. Scaring the Lakers isnt a big deal IMO.

Not a fair comparison with the Warriors. They got dismantled the year after their playoff run. The Thunder are not in that situation.

I bet they get stopped. The expectations are high now and teams will take the Thunder seriously.

It wasn't that close in the Thunder/Lakers series last year, as some sports dudes make it out to be.

The difference between that Warriors squad and the Thunder is day and night....One plays D and has real talent.....you figure it out from there.

They need a STAR big man though....those are tough to come by. Although those younguns protect the paint with their length pretty damn well. An upset IS possible out west. Just saying it's gonna be difficult.

Rockets got some scorers too. Brooks, Martin, Scola. Again, they need more heavy inside presence....Seems to be the issue with most squads TRYING to be a contender.

Like I said "pretty good (not perfect)" barometer for NBA success. There's plenty of Ed O'Bannons (I loved that UCLA team)
    and Khalid El-Amins (loved this Huskies team) of the College Hoops world. But obviously when you're talking about the #1-10 picks, most of the time teams know what they're drafting. There's usually gonna be one or two real stars that emerge.

Chris Paul/Tim Duncan (Wake Forest), Deron Williams (Illinois), Ray Allen/Rip Hamilton (Uconn), B-Roy (Washington), Shaq (LSU), Melo (Syracuse), Derrick Rose (Kentucky). Them dudes all had success in the college ranks.

My personal favorite is Jay Williams from that championship Duke squad....dude woulda been a terrific pro if he hadn't sustained that career-ending injury.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    In summary, fuck a Chris Webber all day.

I know a gang of you west coaster hatt CW, but if u wanna talk about 6'10 dudes that do it all look kno further.

Passing Big men like Garnett, Webber, and Shaq, are much more of your so called rarity claim.

He ran the Adelman offense from the Post because of his passing skills.

How old are u. Bringing up Detroit - he was gone by then. That was just a political move to bring him home. He was in the L for 18 years by then. Dude scored 20 per in Philly. Do u watch basketball?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/webbech01.html

Trust me, most dudes in the league can get 20 on any given night. It really doesn't mean anything.

Webber was good. I'll admit that. But like I said, it was Jason Williams and Vlade that really made that team a pass-friendly one. If you wanna talk about passing big men, Vlade was one of the best in the game at that. I'll give him more credit than CWebb on the Kings.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DrWu said:
    Jesus Christ Rock I hope you took a bath after typing W#### B####'s name. That dude was one of the lamest humans to ever suit up in the NBA.

"The Truth" as he was called at St. Johns was the first player to expose me to the "knucklehead effect".

One of the most talented offensive players I have ever seen with little to nothing in the way of smarts.

It taught me a good lesson as a young dude that raw talent alone won't make you a great, or even good NBA player if you are a knucklehead.

Chris Washburn.....Roy Tarpley.....I've seen and recognized it many times in the subsequent years.

This is a thraed in itself.

Isaiah Rider - all that hype.

Some knuckleheads thrive w/ the right system and teamates to keep them in check.

One of the all time biggest knuckleheads. My next door neighbor is an attorney. The other day he was telling me about handling the infamous coke can pipe Rider was caught smoking with out here oh so many years ago. We just started laughing, thinking about this multi-millionaire, pulling off the highway and getting high like a high schooler. Maybe the best post up little dude ever (up there with Dantley). Such a waste(oid).

KNUCKLEHEAD HALL OF FAME

Alfredrick Hughes - Tells his coach in San Antonio during the first day of Rookie Camp "I don't play defense"

John Brisker - Pittsburg Pipers ABA - Pulls gun on his team mates at 1/2 time and demands to have the ball passed to him more in the second 1/2.

James "Fly" Williams - Robs a bank during the off-season. Also the basis behind the greatest cheer in the history of sports while at Austin Peay..."Fly is open, Let's Go Peay".

Booger Smith - NYC playground legend goes to Junior College and averages 50 points a game for half a season. During one game he dribbles the ball off the court in the middle of a play to get a drink at the water fountain....kicked off team....back to NYC....shot during robbery.

Thomas Payne - 7:2 center at Kentucky with NBA future rapes a number of women by climbing through their dorm window. The identification Police Line-Up must have been a site.

Feel free to add on.

Lloyd Daniels. I remember dude was even in the video games w/ the Spurs.

I never heard about dude in NYC. I wasnt until his NBA run that I heard the drama.

I wouldnt label him as a Knucklehead, but Im still amazed at how Len Bias o'd on cocaine.

They made it sound like it was his first time and dude took too much, or did he has some heart problem that set shit off. Was he hangin around the wrong folks? The picture was painted like he was some Shane Battier clean cut dude. I find that weird.

Warriors 2-0 baby!!!! After years of suffering you gotta start somewhere. We played Houston on opening night and Ellis had to score 46 to win and we got killed on lay-ups and offensive rebounds by Scola. Last night we shut down almost everyone on the Clippers and had a blowout.

Rondo......OH SNAP

Shaqueeta

Boston/LA on a collision course AGAIN.

Miami ain't doing too shabby either.

I really do like how the younguns are starting to develop though...

Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo being the notable two.

And I am REALLY feelin' how the elite teams are already playing like
    they're ready for the playoffs.

Clippers be sucking. They need to dump Baron's ass. He's supposed to be the leader, and the dude comes in out of shape, and is injured already. WTF. Blake Griffin is in for a big reality check. They have a lot of young lanky talent that tends to get lost in a half-court set. They would do so much better if they pushed the ball up the court more often. Make that, NEED TO. I really would like to see this team succeed.

• Options
    Rondo had 17 assists and zero turnovers tonight.

He's playing like he's the best player in a higher league.

(Even though they were playing Detroit, who look epically bad this year.)

BobDesperado said:

As Tim Legler or whoever mentioned, he's on the break and he got like 4 options. THAT helps too.

Still, probably top 3 PGs in the league right now. Dude is beasting.

• Options
    yuichi said:
    BobDesperado said:

As Tim Legler or whoever mentioned, he's on the break and he got like 4 options. THAT helps too.

Still, probably top 3 PGs in the league right now. Dude is beasting.

And I didn't even mention that he did this in only 36 minutes since it was a blowout.

MATT BARNES

STEVE BLAKE

FTW

Both dudes are already contributing in big ways. Them dudes are super role players.

Now if Bynum can get healthy, this shit's a wrap in the West.

Dude is SO FOCUSED right now, after he had a summer with Team USA.

He was just talking to Demarcus Cousins on the bench (who's a talkative mofo), then proceeds to get the rock, goes between his legs, steps back and drains a three...

SWAGGER ON.

CLIPS GET THE WIN!!!!!!

17 and 8 dimes for my man. Baron's ass needs to stay sidelined.