yall should all get lynched

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

10 to 12 pages about is clipse, young jeezy, jay z, diddy, 50, and so on.[/b]

Not positive black leaders and role models that should be discussed. [/b]

zippidy fucking doo.

between you and edpowers i'm gonna miss my DAR meeting tonight.

les do it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

yeah man i really see the posts about barak obama and al sharpton and russell simmons flooding this board.

What i do see 10 to 12 pages about is clipse, young jeezy, jay z, diddy, 50, and so on. Not positive black leaders and role models that should be discussed.

Soulstrut is now a proxy for the real world, rather than a music discussion board?

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    whatever. I made my points and thats that. Im bowing out of this thread now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    So, Faux, what did you think of the song and video, and the calling of your favorite rappers "coons"?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

yeah man i really see the posts about barak obama and al sharpton and russell simmons flooding this board.

What i do see 10 to 12 pages about is clipse, young jeezy, jay z, diddy, 50, and so on. Not positive black leaders and role models that should be discussed.

Soulstrut is now a proxy for the real world, rather than a music discussion board?

You didn't get the memo?

Better check your spam-guard!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    So, Faux, what did you think of the song and video, and the calling of your favorite rappers "coons"?

Surely you know me better than to think I'd actually click on such a thing?

kids that sell dope near the corner of my old house

That's because you were in Maryland. DC kids do exactly what rappers (and their white PR coordination firms) tell them.

Surely you know me better than to think I'd actually click on such a thing?

Sigh.

• all i can do is shake my head. i am surprised at what people can dance to...not the beats, of course, but the lyrics. its especially more perplexing when its a mostly white crowd drinking and celebrating while this music is in the background.

its interesting how when someone tries to make a point or criticize others, their shit gets run under the microscope. but when folls talk about selling weight,shooting (black)people,disrespecting females, they get a pass.

yup

whatever. I made my points and thats that. Im bowing out of this thread now.

Oh, come on! At least fill out my Positive Black Role Model assessment tool before you go over to the white people thread.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

now you can stop.

Appreciate your opinion. And it would be nice if you'd take just a little bit of time to elaborate.

on what ? Crack Music ? White help ? soulstrut? whats the topic ?

Hey, thanks for telling me I started off good. But let's see, your first post in this thread was asking thelowendtheory if he was white. I know, I know. That was a joke and it was soooo funny. Sigh.

Anyhow...

For the rest of you....

This is a black issue and quite frankly most of us do not want your help solving black problems any longer ....

Thanks to everyone who listed their credits

"Just say no"

THIS. What the fuck is this supposed to mean? Elaborate. I been trying to guess and drowning in my own peckerwoodness hoping for some tip-off from the streets. Thank you.

Actually, I want to hear what you think about the song/video.

• i think alot of you are just real

to reality.

sorry to jump in at the last minute, but wouldn't you be the one who is "disconnected from reality" when you base the world's view of who black leaders are on what people post about on soulstrut?

I too wonder who you would consider a negative black leader. You gotta realize that behind some of what you view as negative is actually something positive, for young people and adults alike. It's called becoming successful. Argue as you like as to whether or not success is a positive thing when it utilizes elements of negativity (and yes I realize some of this negativity isn't always good for all impressionable young people), but the way I look at it, more people are likely to rap about being a drug dealer after listening to the Clipse than to actually begin dealing drugs. Sometimes it takes something negative to make something positive. Sometimes rapping about drugs might actually keep you from selling them, if you're getting money just for rapping. There's a lot to be argued with in what I'm saying, I realize this, but I think this point has been somewhat overlooked in this thread. I mean really, how many people do you know that started dealing drugs and robbing people because they were into Ready To Die??

• BigBBigB 30 Posts
    People will try to blame everything from rap to pork to pants sizes. But let's face it, these are the lingering effects of slavery and this society continues to distance itself from real discussion about this. That's so sad.

.....and we reduce this discussion to 'crack rap' vs. everything and confuse the symptom with the roots of the problem.

I won't deny that celebrating the symptoms - that dudes have to live and die over crack to survive - just leaves me cold... though I am occassionally known to enjoy a good 'crack rap' in the safety of my home.

as well as a chardonnay.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    your first post in this thread was asking thelowendtheory if he was white. I know, I know. That was a joke and it was soooo funny. Sigh.

Actually it wasn't a joke .....i really needed to know based on his "...a better life for me and my family" comment

For the rest of you....

This is a black issue and quite frankly most of us do not want your help solving black problems any longer ....

"Just say no"

hoping for some tip-off from the streets. Thank you.[/b]

I'm not "the streets" ...I'm a role model .Thank you.

And what i meant was ..There are some issues in black & Latino communities that need to be resolved without the influence,advice and consultation of whites.

Is that a problem ?

Or as you said is it "unrealistic" for anything to be accomplished this way.

• to keep things record-related, anyone know what sample dude flipped in this song/video?

shit is soothing...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    to keep things record-related, anyone know what sample dude flipped in this song/video?

shit is soothing...
    Joe Pass "A Time For Us" from Guitar Interludes.

• Thank you!

• Just to get sense of what you mean, please mark - (negative) or + (positive) next the black person:

Jesse Jackson
    50 Cent
    Al Sharpton
    Russel Simmons
    Barak Obama
    Louis Farrakhan
    Kanye West
    Oprah Winfrey
    Paul Mooney
    Missy Elliot
    Condi Rice
    Jay Z
    Colin Powell
    Diddy
    Lil Kim
    Tiger Woods

Can we do it as less negative to real negative? Almost all of the people on that list really isn't doing a damn thing.

If anybody I'd say Paul Mooney is the one who I would mark with a positive. Maybe Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson.

but whatever.....

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

i think alot of you are just real

to reality.

sorry to jump in at the last minute, but wouldn't you be the one who is "disconnected from reality" when you base the world's view of who black leaders are on what people post about on soulstrut?

I too wonder who you would consider a negative black leader. You gotta realize that behind some of what you view as negative is actually something positive, for young people and adults alike. It's called becoming successful. Argue as you like as to whether or not success is a positive thing when it utilizes elements of negativity (and yes I realize some of this negativity isn't always good for all impressionable young people), but the way I look at it, more people are likely to rap about being a drug dealer after listening to the Clipse than to actually begin dealing drugs. Sometimes it takes something negative to make something positive. Sometimes rapping about drugs might actually keep you from selling them, if you're getting money just for rapping. There's a lot to be argued with in what I'm saying, I realize this, but I think this point has been somewhat overlooked in this thread. I mean really, how many people do you know that started dealing drugs and robbing people because they were into Ready To Die??
    This logic is so warped. Does anyone else see the ridiculousness of this? lets play pretend and glorify living horribly instead of actually being a positive successful role model like the dudes that first started this music without talking about death and destroying communities did? Im done though defending my points to all you crabs in a bucket. Go back and read the middle pages of this thread to get some insight into what im saying instead of trying to call me out for one mis-phrased or bad comparison on my part after about ten posts of what i consider real talk that correlates directly to the topic at hand. I do have to shit to do today though so im done talking about race relations and problems withing society(my society which im a part of, not the internet, my actual real physical life)with a bunch of lawyers and business executives that bump the new jeezy and know every lyric, but lock there car doors when the see a black man cross the street in the "bad" part of town. But are quick to call to arms and defend the "thug life" Have fun fellers. This time Im out.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i predict at least two more lowendtheory exit posts before he actually stops posting in this thread.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Jesse Jackson.

Mr. "Hymie Town"

• Just to get sense of what you mean, please mark - (negative) or + (positive) next the black person:

Jesse Jackson
    50 Cent
    Al Sharpton
    Russel Simmons
    Barak Obama
    Louis Farrakhan
    Kanye West
    Oprah Winfrey
    Paul Mooney
    Missy Elliot
    Condi Rice
    Jay Z
    Colin Powell
    Diddy
    Lil Kim
    Tiger Woods

Can we do it as less negative to real negative? Almost all of the people on that list really isn't doing a damn thing.

If anybody I'd say Paul Mooney is the one who I would mark with a positive. Maybe Farrakhan and Jesse Jackson.

but whatever.....

Did you familiarize yourself with the philanthropy the individuals named above engage in before you decided that almost all of them weren't "doing a damn thing"?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Jesse Jackson.

Mr. "Hymie Town"

Louis Farrakhan

Apparently Anti-semitism is a positive

your first post in this thread was asking thelowendtheory if he was white. I know, I know. That was a joke and it was soooo funny. Sigh.

Actually it wasn't a joke .....i really needed to know based on his "...a better life for me and my family" comment

For the rest of you....

"Just say no"

hoping for some tip-off from the streets. Thank you.[/b]

I'm not "the streets" ...I'm a role model .Thank you.

And what i meant was ..There are some issues in black & Latino communities that need to be resolved without the influence,advice and consultation of whites.

Is that a problem ?

Or as you said is it "unrealistic" for anything to be accomplished this way.

I like how you all of the sudden include Latinos in your "argument". How's that work? Are you Latino?

I have a problem with the implication that a white person has no place working to solve issues that disproportionally effect black people. And, for your own good, you should accept the reality that whites control the reins of power and public policy in this country.

But tell you what, since you understand things about drug use, crime and violence better than me, I'm gonna try it your way. Next fiscal year, my detention center grants (mentioned above) are up for renewal. We currently have 50% of the juvenile detention centers in VA funded for assessment and referral services for offenders with severe emotional problems and/or mental disorders and we hope to move to 100%. I'm gonna suggest that all white people be removed from projects in communities where the black population is above 75% and that only black members of the Virginia General Assembly will be able to review those projects and request evaluation data. I'll tell them to send the requests through you first. My consultant. What's your address?

Jesse Jackson
    50 Cent
    Al Sharpton
    Russel Simmons
    Barak Obama
    Louis Farrakhan
    Kanye West
    Oprah Winfrey
    Paul Mooney
    Missy Elliot
    Condi Rice
    Jay Z
    Colin Powell
    Diddy
    Lil Kim
    Tiger Woods

but whatever.....

Did you familiarize yourself with the philanthropy the individuals named above engage in before you decided that almost all of them weren't "doing a damn thing"?

Yer sarcasm meter broken?

but yo...

I am serious about the Paul Mooney thing. He doesn't pull punches or backpeddles when dealing with race in America. Aside from his recent appearance on T.V. he always discusses race head-on without caring about whether it will ruin his career. Case In Point: When he called out Howard Stern on his Master Race comedy album ("Fuck that....that white boy shit does not fly with me...fuck that"). I doubt a lot of comedians would do that.

• I like how you all of the sudden include Latinos in your "argument". How's that work? Are you Latino?

HI FRANK!!!!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    When he called out Howard Stern on his Master Race comedy album

whats this about?
    he was on howard a couple weeks ago.