yall should all get lynched

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I share damn near every sentiment expressed in that song.

wonderful to hear a song with a message about something other than a triple beam or holding down these streets type bullshit.

Of course I've always found myself in the soulstrut minority when it comes to speaking on this stuff so I'm interested how others, mainly the crack rap supporters will react.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    mainly the crack rap supporters will react.
    that shit always cracked me up around here. Whats the deal with this? For some reason i thought record collectors and dj/producer cats that dig heavily, would kind of thumb there nose at all this bullshit music that is getting released. Like dismiss all this minstrel show jive that is being dropped every month, but dudes around here eat that shit up.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i did find this part of the interview funny though

"Robbie: I liked what you said on your MySpace blog about not showing your face and letting the music speak.

NYOIL: These days before you even get to hear the music, your bombarded by images. Dudes mean mugging the camera, women half dressed - they try to sell you the album before you even heard it. They (the powers that be) have it so down pat that nine times out of ten you do buy the album without hearing more than one song. I wanted to be able to just present my music, my lyrics, the production and the message. I want to be a ???Car Stereo??? artist. When you???re in the car and you put your CD???s in, only the stuff that you are really feeling is going to get any play time. So I want to be that sort of artist."

yeah, because its definitely not because you are in a song calling for the 'lynching' of famous rap artists who are much 'bigger dudes' than you. thats not the reason at all.

wasnt really even the song that got him blown up. It was that video. That shit spread around the internet like herpes. I saw that shit like in the summer i think. With all these fake ass dudes cosigning the message way back then. i dig it and think its cool, but if it didnt have a cool little gimmicky video to accompany it, it would have never gained this much steam.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    check out the replies:

"HIP IS IS SATAN???S PLAY GROUND FILLING OUR CHILDRENS HEADS WITH DELUSIONS OF GRANDUER WITHOUT AN EDUCATION THAT YOUR CAHIN CAN HANG LOW WHICH YOUR STUNNER SHADES ON BUT NOTHING ABOUT EDUCATION FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OUR PEOPLE THE HIP-HOP RAPPERS ARE PROGRAMMING THIS GENERATION TO WALK INTO THE SLAUGHTER AND IT???S LONG BEEN OVER DO TO STOP BALMMING THE WHITE MAN BECAUSE HE HAS NO POWER FOR THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE IS OUR FATHER AND HE GAVE POWER TO US TO CONTROL THIS EARTHLY REALM THROUGH PRAYER" (PRAYER WARRIOR)

"...As much as we tolerate death among our own we seem to get upset when its directed by reason. Death may be extreme punishment just for making songs but the fact is that these songs format the computers that are the minds of the youth and this formatting disables a lot of beneficial programs from running on their minds, ya dig.

Rappers should be faced with death when they proceed to dishonor their people. Like NYOil said: ???youre self serving and uncertain.???

Rap needs strong leaders. Right now we got weakheart and Lyor Cohen runnin rap. I think Lyor Cohen is really the boss of rappers these days. The unseen one.

Anyway, the war is declared. Ive chosen my alliance. Im with the soldiers of Rightness. The God Squad as it were." (Cos Seven)

"i hope you get shot" (infantryman)

"so does anybody know the song he sampled in the chorus?" (SnP)

• mainly the crack rap supporters will react.
    makes me scratch my head to, but i dont listen to that type of shit so i dont feel in any position to be commenting on it.

its interesting how when someone tries to make a point or criticize others, their shit gets run under the microscope. but when folls talk about selling weight,shooting (black)people,disrespecting females, they get a pass.

i dont subscribe to the camp that if you arent perfect you cant criticize, comment on others, and call out bullshit. MLK and his extramarital affairs is a good example...does not tarnish his greatness in my eyes. no one is perfect, but we should all strive for personal and collective betterment.but without fail, you got dudes calling this rapper a hypocrite. cease with the character assasinations and debate the message instead.

• STOP BALMMING THE WHITE MAN

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this is the most ignorant song i???ve ever heard.

republican rap is out of control.
    Comment by noz[/b] 10.14.06

• hahaha
    day, i noticed that too
    say it aint so noz

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    STOP BALMMING THE WHITE MAN

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    This thread is either going to blow up, or become reaaaally quiet.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Even the part about lynching black men?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Like dismiss all this minstrel show jive that is being dropped every month, but dudes around here eat that shit up.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    HOLY SHIT. That was you wasn't it?

• james brown was hardly a minstrel show. take your mouth off.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

please be serious

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    People that aren't Black should be modest in their opinions about such intimate topics.

It's really not your business. Step Light.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

james brown was hardly a minstrel show. take your mouth off.
    i dunno if he was trying to say that, i thought it was more of an "AMEN BROTHA TESTIFY" response, but I might be wrong. If it is a dig at James Brown though, I think james brown was sort of a revolutionary and sort of invented and popularized a style of music. And he did lots of songs that delt with real social issues, look at "king heroin" for instance. hardly a minstrel show. All these crack rappers are just biting each over and have been raping a style of hip hop that was created in the early 90's. they are just spitting ignorance and death to there own people. We live in a market that violence, drugs, sex, hatred, etc... is glorified and promoted. Its cool now and days to be ignorant and disconnected to what is really going on in the whole social climate. It really is an embarrassment to music and expression in my opinion and just people in general. Its regression. I just cant understand the magnetism to that shit. Dont get me wrong or take this the wrong way, I am a fan of drug culture but these dudes just talk about exploiting and taking advantage of fiends. People that have a bad addiciton and cant help themselves to get better. Or they rhyme about killing people because they cant make an honest living and like easy easy money. They are fucking scumbags. Young jezzy will burn in hell along with the clipse when its all over. Sorry for the little diatribe but that music pisses me the fuck off.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    People that aren't Black should be modest in their opinions about such intimate topics.

It's really not your business. Step Light.

Step light OK I can get with that but...
    Seems to me it a larger societal problem that can be weighed in
    on by anyone who is a resident of the US.
    Can I only talk about issues dealing with 34 year old white, college educated, straight
    white men from the Northwest?
    That would be selling us all short, to limit debate to only the topics and issues that
    deal with everyone's own direct experience.
    We need more talk not less.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Can I only talk about issues dealing with 34 year old white, college educated, straight

I think those who aren't black have no right to chime in with their opinions and ideas of what's best for their community. ESPECIALLY in this case.
    And no disrespect but, considering how you can't see that, maybe it would be best for you to only talk about issues dealing with 34 year old white, college educated, straight
    white men from the Northwest.

• never heard of NYOIL before, im digging his myspace songs. the chain hang low 'remix' is on point.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    james brown was hardly a minstrel show. take your mouth off

more specifically - why is it so surprising that people who are interested in popular dance music of 1970 would also be interested in popular dance music of 2006?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

more specifically - why is it so surprising that people who are interested in popular dance music of 1970 would also be interested in popular dance music of 2006?

Noz, I can't see the video everyone is talking about....

does all this mess have to do with that Chicken Noodle Soup dance?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I thought about that same thing and as far as music goes there's a place for all kinds of shit when it comes to dance music.

HOWEVER - this song and video are about way more than music.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    HOWEVER - this song and video are about way more than music.

Yo day, I wasn't addressing this song/video, just lowendtheory.

I think those who aren't black have no right to chime in with their opinions and ideas of what's best for their community. ESPECIALLY in this case.
    And no disrespect but, considering how you can't see that, maybe it would be best for you to only talk about issues dealing with 34 year old white, college educated, straight

Cool, now I know what I can and can't have an opinion on.
    Thanks thought police!
    It's BS like that, that keeps people in "their" place thinking only
    of themselves and "their" problems.
    I can and do understand your point, when the issue is defined
    very narrowly.
    My point was that this issue gets alot bigger and broader very quickly.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Thanks thought police!
    very narrowly.

...?

I'm not going through Kramer Part Deux again.
    All I'm saying is, that video and song is discussing very serious and personal problems within the black community and I think those not involved should'nt speak on it.

Is that so hard to understand?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Dude has a point, and he managed to get us all talking about the subject, but the video and song were pretty unimaginative. It's sad that in order to get recognition for these kinds of ideas a dude has to go say some crazy shit like "y'all should all get lynched".

Plenty of rappers are writing rhymes about similar subjects, and get no love cause they don't say stupid shit like this. It's like we shy away from the political unless it becomes controversial. Same shit with Sage Francis, if he didn't say some crazy shit and have a stick up his ass all the time, no one would listen, because his music sounds like garbage. I'm tired of seeing artists get recognized for being controversial while dope music about the same subject gets ignored because it's rational and makes some sense.

Thanks thought police!
    very narrowly.

...?

I'm not going through Kramer Part Deux again.
    All I'm saying is, that video and song is discussing very serious and personal problems within the black community and I think those not involved should'nt speak on it.

Is that so hard to understand?

The way I related to this video was how the glorification of drug culture
    and all the related bullshit, in rap lyrics have an effect on communities.
    My neighborhood specificly (which is extremely diverse Approx.
    40% Latino/30% White/20% Black/10% Asian) has a drug and prostitution
    problem. The majority of the illicit activity in the neighborhood is done by
    younger males of all races, but their unifying culture is gangster culture.
    Who makes their music? People like The Game, 50, Jeezy and they all listen to it.
    Except maybe for a couple old timers still hanging around.
    I hear it pumping out of their rides daily.
    They make MY neighborhood less safe.
    So artists who perpetuate this lifestyle as a viable option for kids, help
    to keep my neighborhood the way it is.
    I have a problem with that.
    If I lived somewhere, that was untouched by these issues and you told me
    to step off, so be it...
    But I don't.