yall should all get lynched

Comments

• BigBBigB 30 Posts
    For the rest of you....

This is a black issue and quite frankly most of us do not want your help solving black problems any longer ....

I respect that idea fully, and I understand the reasoning behind it.. and yet:

I worked for a white small record label owner who put out very prominent recordings of second line brass band music and gospel - stuff that gets local airplay all the time. One day he told me, in all seriousness, that black people were physiologically inferior to whites. This coming from a person who knew and worked with all the heavies in New Orleans music.

..and this:

I was going to ride in a Mardi Gras Krewe's parade. Went to one meeting in which the Krewe captains repeatedly addressed the all-white Krewe with racist jokes, using the N-word and everything. Well, I didn't ride. If this is just one Krewe, I can imagine that it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Surprising? Not really.

Alot of the people in my "community" are pretty unapologetic in their racism, pointing to the evening news and hip hop culture as justifications for their feelings... that's the extent of their education.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This is a black issue and quite frankly most of us do not want your help solving black problems any longer ....

That's not realistic. Matter of fact, it's dumb.

Nevermind

I'm gonna assume you're joking. You have to be.

I'm going to assume you're joking if you think it's dumb

• This is a black issue and quite frankly most of us do not want your help solving black problems any longer ....

Nevermind

why is it dumb? i agree with that to some extent...although black issues affect everyone just like white issues do.

are obese issues your problem if you are skinny? well, over 60% of medicare and medicaid is used to treat diet related disease...our tax dollars at work. so yes, they do.

but even, if we shouldnt be "solving black problems"...i feel its always worthwhile for anyone to discuss societal issues to gain a more well rounded understanding. ed powers, you agree or disagree?

-t

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    For the rest of you....

I respect that idea fully, and I understand the reasoning behind it...

I just can't get with whole there are white problems over here and black problems over there bullshit. I mean, is that what you're saying? Can't be.

We have more in common than not. Much more. Why don't we go from there? I recall we started from the other direction several hundred years ago. That's not working.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    . Ive seen and been in some real shit which involves these stories these dudes glamorize so it don't resonate well with me.

I just actually wanted better for my life and for others

you white ?
    yeah but the argument i was making was not 100% directed at this video. It went off on a different tangent about how the soulstrut massive dickrides crackrap. I cannot speak for black leaders and black spokespeople, but i can have my opinion of just what is right and wrong in society. Or by being white does that dismiss any credibility of mines? I understand what you are saying, but i kind of touched on the nyoil video later in my posts from an observers standpoint. Anyways I wrote a majority of what i typed at 5 am after a six pack. But i still stand by all my points, they are presented a little soapbox. The whole thing comes down to people paved the way and fought for equal rights, but the "leaders" or "talking heads" that represent the black race are fucking it all up and moving backwards instead of progressing. There is more negative black role models then positive ones and that is just fucked up. You dont have to be black to see this. Where more people know who little john is compared to rosa parks, i think we have a problem in society. Black or white. Remember when the 60's battle cry "black is beautiful"? That has been replaced by:
    I was just assuming you'd keep the coke movin
    But I got one question, Fuck y'all been doing?
    Pyrex Turs turned into Covalli furs
    The full length cat, when I wave, the kitty purs
    All my niggaz caped up, selling grey and beige dust
    Had that money right or end up in the trunk taped up
    We don't chase a duck, we only raise the bucks
    Peel money rolls until our thumbs get the papercuts

people have to understand that radio has been hisotrically so intimately connected with the consciousness of blacks that it has remained their primary source of entertainment and information well into the age of television. Even today black radio plays a huge role in shaping black taste and opinion-when it remembers its black audience. - Nelson George

Now im not saying music is the 100% problem within society and by getting rid of crack (any kind of real negative) rap you will see huge social strides, but it is the voice of the people and has a direct impact on children and teenagers. It is almost like peer pressure is being bumped on hot 97. Like your not cool until you have sold loose cracks or taking a bullet in the ass. Say what you want but that aint right.

edit: oh and to answer your question. Yes I am white.

I just can't get with whole there are white problems over here and black problems over there bullshit.

need i say more .

I just can't get with whole there are white problems over here and black problems over there bullshit.

need i say more .

yeah, you do. a lot more. take a look at the next sentence that i wrote. (that we have more in common than not.) that's the truth. but keep owning whatever you call exclusive black problems. and good luck.

but even, if we shouldnt be "solving black problems"...i feel its always worthwhile for anyone to discuss societal issues to gain a more well rounded understanding. ed powers, you agree or disagree?

The idea that people still don't understand is dead.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    black problems are not white problems by definition.
    white people problems, however, have quite often negatively affected black people. So in this way, you see, white problems are 'black problems' - but its about how you address them personally, and how your perspective informs these actions that matters. You CAN refuse to take sides in the 'the black community should be ok with crack rap' vs. 'crack rap is bad for the black community' dichotomy-of-condescension and focus on your own actions and the actions of yr 'white community'

i'm not sure i've reached a conclusion on this but its another direction for discussion.

Nevermind

why is it dumb? i agree with that to some extent...although black issues affect everyone just like white issues do.

sure there are areas where blacks are disproportionally effected. see what i wrote about VA earlier in this thread. i'm reading edpower's comments as if these issues are exclusive to whites/blacks/etc. or dichotomous. there is no such thing. maybe he's talking about some nation/fivepercenter idea where black people break off and settle their own issues. in theory, that's plausible, but simply not realistic.

the "leaders" or "talking heads" that represent the black race are fucking it all up and moving backwards instead of progressing.

I'm sorry ..Do you mind telling me who my leader is ? I missed that meeting.

There is more negative black role models then positive ones

says who?

Where more people know who little john is compared to rosa parks, i think we have a problem in society.

Do not turn a pimple into a tumor

. Remember when the 60's battle cry "black is beautiful"? That has been replaced by:

I can't say i know anyone who has that verse memorized ...but you do

people have to understand that radio has been hisotrically so intimately connected with the consciousness of blacks that it has remained their primary source of entertainment and information well into the age of television. Even today black radio plays a huge role in shaping black taste and opinion-when it remembers its black audience. - Nelson George

nobody listens to the radio anymore .....and please never quote Nelson George to me again

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    but the "leaders" or "talking heads" that represent the black race are fucking it all up and moving backwards instead of progressing.

more people know who little john is compared to rosa parks

Remember when the 60's battle cry "black is beautiful"? That has been replaced by:

I think we'd all be interested in the methodology that supports these conclusions. There is a methodology, isn't there?

if you cant understand what im saying ed, then you are truly ignorant

oh and just to clear this up.

I listen to and enjoy some crack/murda rap. I dig ghostface and MOP and kool g rap, etc... BUT Im not a 12 year old kid in the projects or shitty part of town, with a lot of bad influence in the immediate environment. I can define what is real and what is fake and right and wrong. Like i said before i believe in the right to free speech. I just dont think its right to have 9 year old girls chanting the lyrics to fergalicous or having the whole 14 year old internet community giggling about riding dirty. Its like one of those things, say your pops let you hit the joint when you were 8 and you know are smoking fat Ls when you are 20. Its out there and can be obtained and allowed to be used at your digression when you have a level of maturity, but by having that influence and accessibility at young impressionable age, it somewhat pre-determined you to be a pothead smoking an 1/8th of hyrdo a day. Same thing with a young kid who picks up the new clipse and studies the lyrics, goes online to figure out what they mean, and starts thinking this is cool casue the grownup are doing it and they look they are having so much in there beamers and benz's with cristal and hoes and with there tech nines and uwaps. And after ten years, they are in the same place as these same place as these rappers, minus the record deal and fame. Actually living these stories that the disconnected dudes doing world tours are advocating.

I think we'd all be interested in the methodology that supports these conclusions. There is a methodology, isn't there?
    turn on mtv or bet for about half an hour. Goto the allhiphop.com boards.

I just dont think its right to have 9 year old girls chanting the lyrics to fergalicous

This sounds like more of a White Problem.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Hmmmmmm.......

Im talking about the youth of america problem. These kids that are doing this are going to be the future of society. And by having some jack off rappers fucking them all up is going to be everyones problem, black or white.

Did you say something about being "truly ignorant" ?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I just dont think its right to have 9 year old girls chanting the lyrics to fergalicous

The youth will be spelling tasty "T-A-S-T-E-Y" forever!

Im talking about the youth of america problem. These kids that are doing this are going to be the future of society. And by having some jack off rappers fucking them all up is going to be everyones problem, black or white.

I see no alternative for a person of your worldview but to move to Montana, build an underground compound and stock it with automatic weapns.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    all i can do is shake my head. i am surprised at what people can dance to...not the beats, of course, but the lyrics. its especially more perplexing when its a mostly white crowd drinking and celebrating while this music is in the background. oh so strange.

Cue: Memory of a houseparty dance floor full of Beckys dancing to Dead Prez.

: : : s h u d d e r s : : :

I went to see a rock show featuring the Detroit Cobras (headliners) and the Dirtbombs on the undercard. My man J*** was really into the Dirtbombs, I hadn't really heard much of their ish, but I thought what the hell. I hadn't heard the Detroit Cobras at the time. This was probably 2002, so maybe I'm behind, but like I care.

Anyway, so the Dirtbombs come out and, for those of you who don't know, the lead dude in the dirtbombs is this black dude. Outside of maybe one or two security guys (maybe), he's the only black dude in the Metro. So what does it mean when he's up there with his white bandmates and they're singing a song with a chorus, "No more white girls" and all these indie rock-cum-punkers are shaking their fists and singing along with the chorus in unison. Now that's a helluva weird pop culture moment, to put it mildly. When I brought this up to my man J***, it bummed him out that I take everything so seriously and take the fun out of stuff like this. But to me, analyzing why those indie rock-cum-punkers are singing along to that song in that space in that crowd is fun.

Shortly thereafter, the Detroit Cobras come out and do their thing, which is to cover garage and soul/R&B songs from the 60s to great rock n roll effect. They're all white, but co-ed - the lead guitar and the lead singer are both women. Some of the songs they perform were originally written and performed by black artists, but "Shout bamalama" is hardly a black anthem the way, say, "I'm black and I'm proud" is. And they have the good sense not to cover "I'm black and I'm proud," at least not to my knowledge.

While I'm sure that the Dirtbombs find it ironic and funny that they can get a crowd full of loner plastic-frame glasses white male types to sing along to "No more white girls," the truth is that most of these dudes who are singing along would never realistically be confronted with a choice between white girls and black girls when dating. Dating is a function of social intercouse, and our society is still mighty mighty segregated into spade and whitey. Maybe they're thinking about non-black non-white girls when they singalong (cue weirdo stalkerazzis in Ms. Damn's inbox). Anyway, I do find it ironic, but I don't find it funny.

As Paul Mooney demonstrated on the Greta Van Susterren show the other day, you can make race jokes in America, but you have to have a helluva talent to make them funny.

"I've only been black for five minutes and already I hate all you white people."

Nowadays, I love the Detroit Cobras, and I don't really like the Dirtbombs.

JUDGE ME.
    JRoot

PS Who is NYOil anyway? Give me the stats. And how do you pronounce his name?

PPS You're right, I am disconnected from the streets.

PPPS CPeetz really cracked me up earlier, albeit unintentionally. Thanks.

PPPPS This has been a pretty good discussion so far. Keep it up, kids.

PPPPPS Today is my tenth anniversary dating the woman who has become my wife. I dedicate this post to her. She's white.

PPPPPPS I'm white too.

Nevermind

sure there are areas where blacks are disproportionally effected. see what i wrote about VA earlier in this thread. i'm reading edpower's comments as if these issues are exclusive to whites/blacks/etc. or dichotomous. there is no such thing. maybe he's talking about some nation/fivepercenter idea where black people break off and settle their own issues. in theory, that's plausible, but simply not realistic.

Fr**k,

You started off really good in this thread .....now you can stop.

Cocaine is a helluva drug

• BigBBigB 30 Posts
    As a white dude, it's pretty easy for me to be indifferent to black problems.

[/devil's advocate]

but the "leaders" or "talking heads" that represent the black race are fucking it all up and moving backwards instead of progressing.

I think he's talking about the black leaders the news networks have been trotting out to talk about Michael Richards. You know, people like Michael Eric Dyson and KRS-1.

Just to get sense of what you mean, please mark - (negative) or + (positive) next the black person:

Jesse Jackson
    50 Cent
    Al Sharpton
    Russel Simmons
    Barak Obama
    Louis Farrakhan
    Kanye West
    Oprah Winfrey
    Paul Mooney
    Missy Elliot
    Condi Rice
    Jay Z
    Colin Powell
    Diddy
    Lil Kim
    Tiger Woods

now you can stop.

Appreciate your opinion. And it would be nice if you'd take just a little bit of time to elaborate. Your quips aren't exactly raising the bar, my friend.

In the meantime, let me help you get one thing established in your world. Whatever it is. You don't ever fucking tell me when to start or stop. Got it?

In the meantime, let me help you get one thing established in your world. Whatever it is. You don't ever fucking tell me when to start or stop. Got it?

Uh-Oh!

FATBACK SMASH!

LOL.

OK, I stand corrected.

it think he's talking about the black leaders the news networks have been trotting out to talk about Michael Richards. You know, people like Michael Eric Dyson and KRS-1.

Just to get sense of what you mean, please mark - (negative) or + (positive) next the black person:

Jesse Jackson
    50 Cent
    Al Sharpton
    Russel Simmons
    Barak Obama
    Louis Farrakhan
    Kanye West
    Oprah Winfrey
    Paul Mooney
    Missy Elliot
    Condi Rice
    Jay Z
    Colin Powell
    Diddy
    Lil Kim
    Tiger Woods
    cues up
    http://www.unkut.com/2006/10/lynched-video-banned-by-youtube/

yeah man i really see the posts about barak obama and al sharpton and russell simmons flooding this board.

What i do see 10 to 12 pages about is clipse, young jeezy, jay z, diddy, 50, and so on. Not positive black leaders and role models that should be discussed.

i think alot of you are just real

to reality.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Jack off rappers don't fuck up kids, Black or White...

By your logic, the stupid jerk off kids that sell dope near the corner of my old house probably were encouraged to do so by 'Crack Rap'. I would bet you that these kids listen to Go Go more than any 'Crack Rap'. Go Go and 'urban radio' doesn't make these knuckleheads sell drugs, they make up their mind to do it based on countless circumstances in their personal lives, and ultimately they are responsible for their own behavior.

This is some panicky, reflexive shit going on in this thread.