yall should all get lynched

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, mufuckaz acting like if jeezy stopped rapping drugs would disappear or some shit

fuck outta here with that shit

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Seems to me it a larger societal problem that can be weighed in
    on by anyone who is a resident of the US.
    Can I only talk about issues dealing with 34 year old white, college educated, straight
    white men from the Northwest?

I think those who aren't black have no right to chime in with their opinions and ideas of what's best for their community. ESPECIALLY in this case.
    And no disrespect but, considering how you can't see that, maybe it would be best for you to only talk about issues dealing with 34 year old white, college educated, straight
    white men from the Northwest.

Cool, now I know what I can and can't have an opinion on.
    Thanks thought police!
    It's BS like that, that keeps people in "their" place thinking only
    of themselves and "their" problems.
    I can and do understand your point, when the issue is defined
    very narrowly.
    My point was that this issue gets alot bigger and broader very quickly.

...?

I'm not going through Kramer Part Deux again.
    All I'm saying is, that video and song is discussing very serious and personal problems within the black community and I think those not involved should'nt speak on it.

Is that so hard to understand?

It's easy to understand, but too simplistic to believe in. It's thinking about the black community as being completely isolated from the rest of the world. Point well taken that the issues are very specific to the black community, but we are all involved in the problem, and we all have to be part of the solution in order for things to work.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    edit: i meant to quote brian

nah man it aint like that. But these dudes are the posterboys for slinging drugs and glamorize: that by selling drugs, you can buy that new car, those new shoes, you will get pussy,etc... bottomline - they advocate that its easy money and status. These guys are the mascots for the cocaine trade and there message is hitting kids in grade and highschool. So that in turn makes more pieces of shit in the long run. If jezzy, clipse, dipset, stopped rapping, nothing would change, but little kids in school wouldnt be singing there anthems about pushing blue tops and having them think that this lifestyle is okay and actually desired. These dudes are these kids heros. Isnt that warped?

This nyoil shit has a good message, and is important, i just think that dude is using this message to somewhat get on. But i would rather have dude get big off of something like this compared to the newest crack anthem. But the whole reason that we are even talking about this shit is because of the video. The lynching lyric isnt what got the buzz going for this song, its the video that provides shock value, which in turn makes you watch it and pay attention to the lyrics. Its a little sad that you need to have a extreme video to get a song out that means something, but hey whatever works to help kids and impressionable people to start thinking about the nonsense they are supporting.

aight im a little drunk so if my points sound a little fucked, my bad. peace.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    NEW MUSIC SUCKS HIP HOP STOPPED BEING GOOD IN 1986 CHANGE MY DIAPER

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It's thinking about the black community as being completely isolated from the rest of the world.

Point taken, but in no way am I saying that.
    All I'm trying to say is, 34 year old, college educated, white dudes from the northwest (and the tons of other dudes like him on this board) might not be the most qualified to say what black folks should or shouldn't do to make things better within their community.
    Shit is funny. Dude cares because it makes his neighborhood feel unsafe (!)

The way I related to this video was how the glorification of drug culture
    and all the related bullshit, in rap lyrics have an effect on communities.
    My neighborhood specificly (which is extremely diverse Approx.
    40% Latino/30% White/20% Black/10% Asian) has a drug and prostitution
    problem. The majority of the illicit activity in the neighborhood is done by
    younger males of all races, but their unifying culture is gangster culture.
    Who makes their music? People like The Game, 50, Jeezy and they all listen to it.
    Except maybe for a couple old timers still hanging around.
    I hear it pumping out of their rides daily.
    They make MY neighborhood less safe.
    So artists who perpetuate this lifestyle as a viable option for kids, help
    to keep my neighborhood the way it is.
    I have a problem with that.
    If I lived somewhere, that was untouched by these issues and you told me
    to step off, so be it...
    But I don't.

I think things are extremely out of balance with rap and the shit he's kicking in that video has some truth to it regarding music, but those problems in your neighborhood do not exist because of ganster/crack rap. Those problems (drugs, prostitution etc) have been around FOR FOREVER, and the fact that you even reached that conclusion speaks volumes.

If the only message people got out of that video is "camron needs to get lynched" then you're missing the point.

NEW MUSIC SUCKS HIP HOP STOPPED BEING GOOD IN 1986 CHANGE MY DIAPER
    man i never said that. I said that people need to take some accountability for the brainwashing they are doing on kids. I cant believe people are trying to diss for trying to promote positivity. Nobody needs to hear the same rehashed songs about selling crack. Lets advance the game instead of regress it homie. Shit is tired and trifling if all your rhymes have to be about crack and birds and bundles. Or glocks, nines, and teks.

on that note
    *cues up http://download.yousendit.com/BDC743045EE3566C*

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

cool man. well apparently we can tell whos NOT the brains in the whole rub operation.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    one time i listened to the clipse for like three hours straight and then i started selling all kinds of drugs and shot up a bunch of people

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Yeah man I'm really dumb. You got me pegged.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Shit is funny. Dude cares because it makes his neighborhood feel unsafe (!)

Why is caring about your neighborhood and the people in it funny?
    I care cause I like to see people have a decent life.
    As far as feeling unsafe, naw that's only part of it,
    it's more about people getting shot.
    That shit sucks.

but those problems in your neighborhood do not exist because of ganster/crack rap. Those problems (drugs, prostitution etc) have been around FOR FOREVER, and the fact that you even reached that conclusion speaks volumes.

Did I say that rap created crack and hookers?
    C'mon, you know that wasn't what I said.

We can have differing opinions on this issue...
    You don't have to belittle me and my perspective.
    I didn't do that to you, so the least you can do is be somewhat repectful.

one time i listened to the clipse for like three hours straight and then i started selling all kinds of drugs and shot up a bunch of people
    dont you live in hawaii and work at a coffeeshop? But for real you identify with clipse? or is just a funny little novelty to you guys to pretend to be gangsters for 3 mins? And when the tracks over you go back to reality which is probably not so bad or threatening if your posting on a computer online. Im not trying to pull out my keeping it real card, but i grew up in staten island, plainfield nj, and live out in wilkes pa. All three cities I was and currently reside, all have bad crack problems and i was in the middle of that shit. My friends and me would goto crack spots and dope spots at 4 in the morning in the bad part of town when we were young and stupid. On a daily basis. Ive lost a few friends to overdoses and straight up violence like people getting stabbed over a $40 bike. Or getting shot in the hand on some crazy drug deal. Or how bout lil infants crying while there mom is fucking 3 dudes at once for a bundle out in newark. My best friend since Ive known since 3 is doing almost 20 years for having 20 bundles of heroin and 40 rocks of crack and a loaded gun in his car. And hearing about some asshole rapper promoting that shit like its all fun and games and its a cool thing to do bothers me. I dont find that shit cool or fun or hip. Ive seen and been in some real shit which involves these stories these dudes glamorize so it don't resonate well with me. The fucked up part though is all my friends who were into this shit and living like this all bumped crack rap. Like by hearing it on cd, it sort of justified it to them. Not made them start but certainly didn't make them quit. Actually propelled them to get deeper into the game. So put your little in your post and try to front on me like I have no business talking about this shit like you know me. I just actually wanted better for my life and for others, instead of smoking blunts on a stoop and trying to flip some coke where some of my boys still are at.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    is this the, "you don't know me but i know everything about you" post? at least try to use some paragraphs so someone will bother reading that shit without their eyes falling out

whatever man. I could give a fuck what you people think. And thats real.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    why the fuck are you posting then?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    When you explain it like that, it takes on another dimension than "rappers should rap about positive shit." I've been around that shit all my life too, on both ends of the barrel. It almost killed me. I know exactly what you're talking about, and when you explain it like that it makes more sense. But I still disagree with you. It's art and I enjoy it. I don't feel like artists have a responsibilty to set a positive example for children. If they did, we'd all be holding hands singing Kumbaya.

• I think those who aren't black have no right to chime in with their opinions and ideas of what's best for their community. ESPECIALLY in this case.
    And no disrespect but, considering how you can't see that, maybe it would be best for you to only talk about issues dealing with 34 year old white, college educated, straight
    white men from the Northwest.

...?

I'm not going through Kramer Part Deux again.
    All I'm saying is, that video and song is discussing very serious and personal problems within the black community and I think those not involved should'nt speak on it.

Is that so hard to understand?

Sorry to jump into this Day, but yes it is.

This past September I turned 38.
    Since about the time I was 15 until now, I've lost nearly 20 people who were all an important part of my life - about a half dozen of whom I considered to be extremely close friends.
    All of them were young black men murdered by other young black men with guns.
    Shocker.
    I knew most, if not all of the murderers as well.
    And if they themselves aren't dead by now, they're still walking the streets.

All but one of them are free men. The one who is indeed incarcerated is doing a bid on a completely unrelated theft charge that will see him free within a matter of a couple of years.
    We'll say his name is "E", and growing up with him, it was pretty clear that he wasn't a bad kid.
    At some point his life made a sharp turn for the very worse though.
    In the early 90's, he got jumped and stabbed and wound up in the hospital with his guts hanging out of a bag. He recovered physically but never mentally.
    About a year or so later, he shot and killed a close friend of mine - Leonard White - in his back with over 100 witnesses present, simply because my friend was trying to break up a fight that "E" wasn't even involved in (Lenny was a fucking Mormon to top it all off).

I sometimes recall these facts here on the strut every so often whenever I feel the subject warrants it.
    Like now.
    That's just one anecdote out of many that I can recall for you.
    If I was actually there the night Lenny Diss was murdered by my childhood friend and actually watched Lenny gurgle and drown in his own blood, would I have clammed the fuck up like every single asshole there that night and not cooperate with the police?
    That's something I grappled with for a good, long minute after the murder.
    "Never snitch" is what I heard over and over and over after the murder.
    Okay, fine.
    The impression I got was that someone who saw what happened that night was going to take care of it in the streets.
    I can post up all kinds of local mix tapes where cats used to swear up and down that Lenny Diss would be avenged, blah, blah, blah.
    Never happened.
    In fact, fast forward years later and "E" is still walking the streets alive and free.
    Not only that, but apparently in the meantime, he managed to catch a few more bodies in Boston and down south.
    So much for street justice.
    So now he's doing his little bid for grand theft.
    When he gets out, will Lenny see justice?
    I tend to doubt it.

So what's my point in all this?
    These are people who were, and are, a part of my life.
    I repeat, my life[/b].

But because I'm not black, I "shouldn't speak" on any of this?
    Because I'm white, I should keep what I have to say on this issue to myself?
    And that, it's really all irrelevant anyway, since I am not a part of "that community"?

Not only is that just flat out wrong, it's also incredibly offensive to me personally.

When you explain it like that, it takes on another dimension than "rappers should rap about positive shit." I've been around that shit all my life too, on both ends of the barrel. It almost killed me. I know exactly what you're talking about, and when you explain it like that it makes more sense. But I still disagree with you. It's art and I enjoy it. I don't feel like artists have a responsibilty to set a positive example for children. If they did, we'd all be holding hands singing Kumbaya.
    Yeah its art, but you have to understand when you get famous to the point where you are a household name with little children, i think you have to factor in your social responsibility and that supersedes your rhymes about how you and your mans and them sell crack and put bullets in peoples brains. Thats what this video is saying. People paved the way for a good life for blacks. People died and struggled to get freedom and get black people the respect they deserve as human beings. And now some clown ass motherfuckers are taking advantage of this and are just going for themselves with is bitches, guns, and drugs with no respect or dignity for the people that came before them. Little kids know more about wamp wamp or the snowman then they do about civil rights. What would martin luther king or malcom x think if they heard Young Jeezys new album? Dont get me wrong, there stories may be real, but when you are hitting that level of fame I feel you have to look in the mirror, and really understand what you are saying or portraying is influencing millions of people. Young impressionable people that don't know no better. Casue the only roll models they have, are telling them to do it the ski mask way and if you cant work hard and earn it, just kill someone to get it. I don't believe though in censoring any type of music and suppressing any of it ever, I'm an extremely liberal person when it comes to freedom of speech and human rights, but i feel that it shouldn't be so accessible to the point of where its on TV and radio being played 10 times an hour. Thats not right. That is brainwashing and little kids should not be subjected to that.

So what's my point in all this?
    These are people who were, and are, a part of my life.
    I repeat, my life[/b].

But because I'm not black, I "shouldn't speak" on any of this?
    Because I'm white, I should keep what I have to say on this issue to myself?
    And that, it's really all irrelevant anyway, since I am not a part of "that community"?

Not only is that just flat out wrong, it's also incredibly offensive to me personally.
    some real talk

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Paul, first of all that really sucks about your friends. Day correct me if I'm wrong but I think the point is that folks far removed from the community you grew up in aren't really qualified to talk about it with any authority. The fact of the matter is that most white people in the US (and on this board) didn't grow up in situations like you, or Tony, or me, or any of the other white people we know who came up in predominately black, poor areas. I agree that it's wrong to generalize based on race but you know who he's talking about right? If I'm out of line I'll fall back, just trying make peace a little.

• I agree that it's wrong to generalize based on race but you know who he's talking about right? If I'm out of line I'll fall back, just trying make peace a little.

I actually don't. So maybe I jumped the gun.
    I probably assumed when I shouldn't have and saw a generalization when perhaps there wasn't one.
    Sorry Day. I fall back now.

:5pager:

im not trying to speak for day, but the whole topic is centered around that video which somewhat does center on blacks. The video and song by nyoil deals with alot of issues of black history and the black community as a whole. yall should all get lynched is talking about the people that are representing the black race right now at this point in time. I think that is the point day was trying to make. So you would really have to be from the black community to have that black experience and opinion on how your people are being represented and who are the spokespeople for your race.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Paul - you make a good point though.

Of course it's wrong to say 100% of white people don't get what it's like to live in the hood so no white person's opinion on these issues is valid. But there is a lot of gray area and I think that the majority of white people DON'T know what it's like and aren't informed on the matter and therefore shouldn't speak on it with authority any more than I should try to lecture my Polish father-in-law about how people who grew up in Poland should feel about Communism. You know?

Lowend - Regarding the Jeezy crack issue I think a huge part of it is the Marilyn Manson thing, ie are kids able to separate fantasy from reality. And I think they are. Lots of forces pressure people to make bad decisions in their lives, like the examples you and Paul gave, but I would rank 50 Cent, Grand Theft Auto and Scarface very low on that scale compared to environment, parenting, education, economic opportunities, policing, etc. If it's offensive to you personally, I can't argue with that.

Regarding the Jeezy crack issue I think a huge part of it is the Marilyn Manson thing, ie are kids able to separate fantasy from reality. And I think they are. Lots of forces pressure people to make bad decisions in their lives, like the example you gave, but I would rank Young Jeezy low on that scale and put it more on environment, parenting, education, economic opportunities, policing, etc.
    i hear that man. I was just using jeezy as an example, but you are exactly correct. It starts at the family life and environment to raise your kids proper and it does come to the parents responsibility. But I find that shit is just more fucked up in the hood. There is a lot of broken homes, there are a lot of drugs, there is a lot of violence, there is a lot of abuse. So a good majority of kids living in the projects, black, white, hispanic, aren't being raised in beaver cleaver environments. So that kind of defeats any positive influence. I saw something a little while ago on another forum that kinda bothered me.
    http://www.filecabi.net/video/bbq-fight-kids.html
    Now after this dude posted this a bunch of the people that post there said comments like...
    "This kinda **** has been goin on for years. Not so much form money but just for whatever. Cant be no punk through out ya life lookin for a gun everytime you have some **** go down. Kids dont fight one on one anymore they either jump someone as a group or run for the nearest gun. you cant go through life being affraid of an asswhoopin."

"well that kinda reminds me of the first time I fought.....the old heads egged me on to fight dude....."

"I was 7 or 8 and kids 12 and up woud beat me up tke my stff and my dad found out and said if you don't fight them you got to fight me. Then he punhed me in te eye. I got my a** beat by a grown man all my life. These kids can't hit as hard as him."

Now i can understand what these dudes are saying about defense, but I dont think any kid should be subjected to anything remotely like that video. Thing was this was a common bond between a lot of these dudes on this forum, black and white, which was a hip hop production forum. They identified with this. Im not saying this is the definitive way the hood raises kids, but it did have a pretty big response with a lot of these dudes that were from the hood. So the parenting out in the hood is a little more likely to be rough and not so good. Same thing with the schools.

Music is the only thing that a lot of these kids pay attention to and escape with. in the hood you mainly hear the new mixtapes, and like the urban rap stations with the new jeezy and the new clipse or nonsense like chicken noodle soup. I think if more positive messages started coming thru, maybe people would start to try a little and start unifying again like in the 60's and 70's to take a stand and start protest this bullshit that is being feed to them. Like a black panther movement but doesnt have to be with just blacks. Anyone who is being oppressed.

I know this is gonna get some hates, but i have to give it up to kanye a little bit. And lupe. These dudes are trying a little to make people think more and challenge whats going on and to strive for better. Dont get me wrong they have there sell out and just straight gaye moments, but with shit like touch the sky, all falls down, no place to go, there is a message in those joints. And it is being heard by the kids on mtv and is actually getting props. Music is how you get to anybody. A big chunk of the black funk soul music coming out of the vietnam era was progressive and had a uplifting message or a social message like say curtis mayfields joints which made people unify and was somewhat the soundtrack for the fight for civil rights. I think the hip hop musicians black, white, or hispanic, should respect that and try to bring that back to popular music. And then maybe if it starts catching on this crack rap shit i dislike so much will phase it self out and the trend will pass on owning platinum chains but not being able to pay your child support. Or getting that new pair of sneakers instead of paying your water bill. And maybe just maybe society as a whole can feel a little dent. and then everyone on soulstrut will clown you for liking crack rap, and praise the new public enemy with minstrel free flava flav.

• It's art and I enjoy it. I don't feel like artists have a responsibilty to set a positive example for children. If they did, we'd all be holding hands singing Kumbaya.

Yeah, artists shouldn't be held responsible for setting a positive example for children, but it sure would be nice if they did so more often nowadays.
    I would just like to see more of a balance if that's at all possible, ya heard?
    I don't think it can be argued that life does indeed imitate art from time to time.
    I see it. I'm sure you've all seen it to some extent.
    And more of a balance is all I ask for these days.
    Not too much to ask for, now is it?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I love crack rap. I can't say I'd be happy if people sold crack where I live, though. I've already been through that & I'm happily disconnected today. I can't see the video. Is this song about killing drug dealers?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    PEOPLE GET READY

THERES A TRAIN A COMIN'

THE SUPER POWERS OF GOOD AND EVIL ARE PREPARING FOR A SHOWDOWN

UNDER CHUCK D AND DEAD PREZ'S TUTILAGE LUPE WILL NULLIFY AND VAPORIZE LYOR COHEN

AND KANYE WILL FIGHT AND DESTROY JIMMY IOVINE TILL HE IS DEAD FROM BOREDOM OR PROSTATE CANCER,,,,,,,,,,,,WHICH EVER HAPPENS FIRST
    CUZ IT'S ON
    LIKE THURSTON
    HOWELL OR MOORE?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Of course it's wrong to say 100% of white people don't get what it's like to live in the hood so no white person's opinion on these issues is valid. But there is a lot of gray area and I think that the majority of white people DON'T know what it's like and aren't informed on the matter and therefore shouldn't speak on it with authority any more than I should try to lecture my Polish father-in-law about how people who grew up in Poland should feel about Communism. You know?

Good point Urrs.

Is my opinion valid and somewhat informed, I think so.
    I've had some experiences similar to lowend and Paul Nice over the years.
    Do I think I can speak on this issue with the same perspective as a black man,
    even though I'm white.
    Definitely not.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Good point Urrs.

Is my opinion valid and somewhat informed, I think so.
    I've had some experiences similar to lowend and Paul Nice over the years.
    Do I think I can speak on this issue with the same perspective as a black man,
    even though I'm white.
    Definitely not.

who is this guy?

like kissinger is the antichrist and the day is long