THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• I could see the Dolphins coming out w/ the "W" tomorrow night

um i don't think so

Steelers will be lucky to win that division this year, bruh. Look out for the Ravens.

I'm still trying to figure out how Cowher FINALLY got a ring last year.......oh yeah, the refs.

• I'm sayin. Lets gamble beezies. I'm only willin to bet on my team (I don't care if Philly goes 8-8 etc..). We will make it back to the Bowl. All the haters and naysayers picking the Panthers are on the crack rock. If I recall we beat them in the NFC title game by 30 points or some shit.

Yeah, I forgot about how the Seahags took it to Carolina in that game. Holmgren clearly outcoached Fox in that one. I'm tryna remember, did the Panthers have any players out w/ major injuries in that game? Regardless, it is a new year, Weezy. I like Seattle's chances as well as anyones, but I just think it's gonna be a dogfight in the NFC this year. There's no clear cut favorite IMO. I hope we gets to play y'all batches again after that 42-0 debacle on Monday Night Football last season. It is NOT goin down like that this year, I assure you.

yes, most notably carolina was down to their 3rd string RB, nick goins, and never established any running game... as far as seattle goes, teams that lose in the super bowl are rarely very good the next year... who has lost a super bowl recently and gotten back the next year?

• It is almost insane to start throwing out Super Bowl predix for the Dolphins. Not saying they are not a very solid team that is up and coming w/ an absolutely dynamic coach. If they were in the NFC, they'd have a better chance. They are in the better conference against some tried and true teams though.

Hey G*****, I ended up getting Maroney in my draft...keeper league so it's more of a "for the future" pick. How much do I have to pay you to go "Gillooly" on Corey Dillon's knee though?

I was going to ask you about that...I'll tell you that everything I've heard here has people REALLY high on him, and with Branch 99.9% gone, the running game is only going to be a bigger part of the NE Package. I think it was a good pick up for you; now, just pray he doesn't get hurt.

One beat writer was saying they should let him do most of the heavy lifting, then bring in a fresh Dillon to wear down a defense in the 4th Quarter. If that is the gameplan, and it works, that could be

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    1) aaron brooks is caca wilson
    2) don't predict the whole season based on the preseason
    3) with that said washington will be in the playoffs
    4) giants have a freakin tough schedule this year. thank you lord
    5) dallas has some kinks to work out but they will be in the mix
    6) eagles look aight this year
    7) is there anything else besides the nfc east?

phil you may be cool but we are mortal enemies come september 11th since you are an eagles fan and i adore the redskins
    its nothing personal. you understand

• 1) aaron brooks is caca wilson

phil you may be cool but we are mortal enemies come september 11th since you are an eagles fan and i adore the redskins

The redskins offense is awful. if they make the playoffs (which i doubt) and play the bears, the score might end up 2-0.

• The NFC East is no joke. All 4 teams have a shot to win it. Don't sleep on the Iggles. Chunky McNabb is gonna blow up this year.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts

The redskins offense is awful. if they make the playoffs (which i doubt) and play the bears, the score might end up 2-0.

let me guess, you are basing that on the preseason
    please read point #2
    thanks

• 1) aaron brooks is caca wilson

please read point #2
    thanks

I'm basing that on last year...and the preseason, yes...and the fact that mark brunell is their quarterback.

Dude. their offense could be a serrrrrrrrious problem. their best QB might be playing wide receiver.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    New England is easily a better team than Miami.

Amen, but the sad thing is that the schedules for both of these teams is so damn easy that if both of them don't make the playoffs it should be considered a sin. And to top everything off, one of Miami's only tough games just got a whole lot easier with Berger being out.

Let's Go Batch.....

• let me guess, you are basing that on the preseason
    please read point #2
    thanks

C'mon man......take off the hog nose and dress. Y'alls offense was bad last year. Brunell ain't getting any younger and Portis is dinged. I believe Ladell Betts is starting on Sunday.

I'm not ready to write them off by any means, but Gregg Williams better keep that defense razor-sharp like the end of last year or it will be a problem.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    cant a man live in denial?

yeah the offense needs to step up this year
    honestly i feel that ill be seeing quite a bit of campbell and collins behind the center this season

• kemskems 120 Posts
    DALLAS[/b]- People really believe this is a Super Bowl quality team. You gotta be kidding me! Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if they get Romo in there they'll do better. Their defense does look solid. But the T.O. circus will destroy whatever this squad has going for them... it's only a matter of time.

Everyone in Philly seems to forget about the first year T.O. was in Philly when he damn near single handedly kept them in the super bowl. I have no worries for the first year. You may be right for next year, I hope not. People should really chill with all the Romo talk. He is the heir apparent, but it's Drew's team til he gets concussed again (please lord no).

I love Philly (the city) but Eagles heads sure are bitter. Get at me man, I look forward to killing the Eagles and Lumin's Redskins this year.

• DALLAS[/b]- People really believe this is a Super Bowl quality team. You gotta be kidding me! Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if they get Romo in there they'll do better. Their defense does look solid. But the T.O. circus will destroy whatever this squad has going for them... it's only a matter of time.

Everyone in Philly seems to forget about the first year T.O. was in Philly when he damn near single handedly kept them in the super bowl. I have no worries for the first year. You may be right for next year, I hope not. People should really chill with all the Romo talk. He is the heir apparent, but it's Drew's team til he gets concussed again (please lord no).

I love Philly (the city) but Eagles heads sure are bitter. Get at me man, I look forward to killing the Eagles and Lumin's Redskins this year.

Yes, but Philly's QB in that season was leaps and bounds better than an aged Drew Bledsoe, and Dallas' line is not sharp enough to protect that statue. Count me down as one who does not see the Dallas love, and that has little to do with TO (who I love to defend as a player...)

• kemskems 120 Posts

please read point #2
    thanks

I'm basing that on last year...and the preseason, yes...and the fact that mark brunell is their quarterback.

Dude. their offense could be a serrrrrrrrious problem. their best QB might be playing wide receiver.

Has anyone noticed that Jason Campbell looks alot like the "Hello" Lionel Richie?????

• DALLAS[/b]- People really believe this is a Super Bowl quality team. You gotta be kidding me! Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if they get Romo in there they'll do better. Their defense does look solid. But the T.O. circus will destroy whatever this squad has going for them... it's only a matter of time.

Yes, but Philly's QB in that season was leaps and bounds better than an aged Drew Bledsoe, and Dallas' line is not sharp enough to protect that statue. Count me down as one who does not see the Dallas love, and that has little to do with TO (who I love to defend as a player...)

BTW, this isn't to say I'm down on EVERYTHING NFC East. I think the Giants will take it- Good (not great) QB with a GREAT RB, Great D Line play, and some experience in there. I think they could go deep in the playoffs.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    DALLAS[/b]- People really believe this is a Super Bowl quality team. You gotta be kidding me! Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if they get Romo in there they'll do better. Their defense does look solid. But the T.O. circus will destroy whatever this squad has going for them... it's only a matter of time.

Granted we lost Larry Allen, but I think we did pretty good job in beefing up as anyone in the league. Marco Rivera was a good pickup. I'm just scared that Flozell Adams will not make it through the year like last year. That would be a huge blow. I think we're decent at the offensive line. And you can't blame me for loving to see a statue back there. Troy was a beautiful sight back there (yes homo and all that). I'm not used to seeing that new age mobile QB for us and I don't think Parcells is either. People sleep on Bledsoe and I'm fine with that and If Romo does have to come in it's good to know that the team will have confidence in him because the kid can ball. Let's dance bitches....

• kemskems 120 Posts

BTW, this isn't to say I'm down on EVERYTHING NFC East. I think the Giants will take it- Good (not great) QB with a GREAT RB, Great D Line play, and some experience in there. I think they could go deep in the playoffs.

The Giants are definitely the Boys' biggest competition in the division, but i wish all the worst luck on them. Hopefully that will work. If not then we'll just have to go to war as usual and hopefully Tiki Barber doesn't kill us like he has a history of doing. NFC East is way too rough...

• cant a man live in denial?

honestly i feel that ill be seeing quite a bit of campbell and collins behind the center this season

Ha, sorry man. I'm a Saints fan. Right now I'm living in the state of "brutal reality"

Good luck to your Skins. I by no means have a dog in the NFC East fight. Well, maybe any team that plays the Cowgirls.

Y'all are trippin though. Dallas is gonna be really good this year, and it has nothing to do w/ T.O. really. Their defense is coming together and will be very nasty.

• It's obvious Phil Most has a REGIONAL BIAS against Dallas cos he said, I believe, that the Mavs were garbage last year and wouldn't make the playoffs.

I don't even like the Cowboys, but c'mon kid.......

Ha, sorry man. I'm a Saints fan. Right now I'm living in the state of "brutal reality"

Good luck to your Skins. I by no means have a dog in the NFC East fight. Well, maybe any team that plays the Cowgirls.

Y'all are trippin though. Dallas is gonna be really good this year, and it has nothing to do w/ T.O. really. Their defense is coming together and will be very nasty.

Agree on their D...just call it a Bledsoe bias.

I don't blame you. I laughed at the Cowboys when they signed that guy. When given time though, he will kill you. He musta found a mini-fountain of youth or something...I thought he was done after Buffalo.

I don't blame you. I laughed at the Cowboys when they signed that guy. When given time though, he will kill you. He musta found a mini-fountain of youth or something...I thought he was done after Buffalo.

I know...his numbers are crazy...top ten all time in passing. He CAN pass. He CAN'T move.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    game recognize game....

Everyone in Philly seems to forget about the first year T.O. was in Philly when he damn near single handedly kept them in the super bowl. I have no worries for the first year. You may be right for next year, I hope not.

T.O. was a distraction that first year too... believe me, by the end of the season McNabb and lot of the other players were SICK of the whole media circus surrounding this dude. They were just such a powerful team that they were still able to perform regardless of all the bullschitt. T.O. is a magnet for controversy and he loves every minute of it. Just wait til that garbage o-line can't protect Bledsoe, he can't get away from the rush and T.O. doesn't get the ball on a consistent basis... reporters will put microphones in front of "that player" and he throw EVERYBODY under the bus... linemen, line coaches, front office for not getting better players, offensive coordinator, Parcells, you name it. Dude cannot help it, that's just him.

In all honesty I hope I am wrong and that T.O. behaves himself, because although mentally he is from another planet, he's a GREAT player and I want to see him do what he do (just not against Philly). He's not gonna behave himself, though... it's not in his makeup.

Sheeeeeee... I think those NFC east games are gonna be great this year. Folls is gon' be SCRAPPIN'. I still think any team is capable of winning the division, even the Deadskins. Any team is capable of coming in 4th, too. Of course I hate Dallas, that's what we do here in Philly. But it is what it is... I just don't see how they're a Super Bowl level team. They didn't even make the playoffs last year, what's the big diff this year? T.O.??? Philly was already right there before they got T.O., Dallas is NOT right there. We will see how it plays out, though.
    Expect to see Bledsoe on his back a LOT when your Pokes come to Philly... it ain't gonna be pretty.

• It's obvious Phill[/b] Most has a REGIONAL BIAS against Dallas cos he said, I believe, that the Mavs were garbage last year and wouldn't make the playoffs.

I don't even like the Cowboys, but c'mon kid.......

I also said that I really don't know schitt about the Western Conference... Li'l Avery got them folls playing some DEFENSE at last, who would've thunk it?

I gots no probs with the Dallas region itself... cool if for no other reason that it's the first place I ever saw Asians with thick southern accents.
    I gots NO LOVE for them hated Cowgurls, though! It's a Philly tradition, like throwing D batteries at Santa and pissing on the crowd from the upper deck.

• I'll relish every moment of a TO implosion in Dallas. Believe me.

I'd put the odds at 65/35 against right now. I'm giving TUna the benefit of the doubt.

You make a good point about Dallas, same one I made about Miami. The difference may be that the NFC is much weaker and much more wide-open. Not sold on the supposed "powers" in Carolina and Seattle while I will allow they are the two best teams on paper. Chicago is nice w/ their running game and beyound stout on defense, but that QB........

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I gots NO LOVE for them hated Cowgurls, though! It's a Philly tradition, like throwing D batteries at Santa and pissing on the crowd from the upper deck.

But I know you gotta love T.O.!!!!!!

• I gots NO LOVE for them hated Cowgurls, though! It's a Philly tradition, like throwing D batteries at Santa and pissing on the crowd from the upper deck.

I'm with you on this. Transplanted SAints fan who graduated HS in D-Town during the heyday so yeah I was mad doggie. Youtube got the clip of Philly Fan cheering as Irvin was stretchered off the field after the Philly Turf Monster ate him up?

• All this talk about FOosBaLl and yall Skurd to join the Soulstrut Fantasy Leauge? OH man!

• All this talk about FOosBaLl and yall Skurd to join the Soulstrut Fantasy Leauge? OH man!

I would do it but I'm in 3 leagues and running 2. I'm maxed out on FF.