THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    People sleep on Bledsoe

LOL more like Bledsoe lulls them to sleep!

Here's a pic of Throw-It-Away-Drew's all-time favorite receiver:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Miami 27 - Pittsburgh 17

• kemskems 120 Posts
    DALLAS[/b]- People really believe this is a Super Bowl quality team. You gotta be kidding me! Maybe, and I mean MAYBE if they get Romo in there they'll do better. Their defense does look solid. But the T.O. circus will destroy whatever this squad has going for them... it's only a matter of time.

Everyone in Philly seems to forget about the first year T.O. was in Philly when he damn near single handedly kept them in the super bowl. I have no worries for the first year. You may be right for next year, I hope not.

T.O. was a distraction that first year too... believe me, by the end of the season McNabb and lot of the other players were SICK of the whole media circus surrounding this dude. They were just such a powerful team that they were still able to perform regardless of all the bullschitt. T.O. is a magnet for controversy and he loves every minute of it. Just wait til that garbage o-line can't protect Bledsoe, he can't get away from the rush and T.O. doesn't get the ball on a consistent basis... reporters will put microphones in front of "that player" and he throw EVERYBODY under the bus... linemen, line coaches, front office for not getting better players, offensive coordinator, Parcells, you name it. Dude cannot help it, that's just him.

In all honesty I hope I am wrong and that T.O. behaves himself, because although mentally he is from another planet, he's a GREAT player and I want to see him do what he do (just not against Philly). He's not gonna behave himself, though... it's not in his makeup.

I love Philly (the city) but Eagles heads sure are bitter. Get at me man, I look forward to killing the Eagles and Lumin's Redskins this year.

Sheeeeeee... I think those NFC east games are gonna be great this year. Folls is gon' be SCRAPPIN'. I still think any team is capable of winning the division, even the Deadskins. Any team is capable of coming in 4th, too. Of course I hate Dallas, that's what we do here in Philly. But it is what it is... I just don't see how they're a Super Bowl level team. They didn't even make the playoffs last year, what's the big diff this year? T.O.??? Philly was already right there before they got T.O., Dallas is NOT right there. We will see how it plays out, though.
    Expect to see Bledsoe on his back a LOT when your Pokes come to Philly... it ain't gonna be pretty.

I love it!!!! Philly a super bowl contender? Ernesto must have put something in the air up there. The only people that are gonna be on their back alot are Westbrook and McNabb when the revival of the Doomsday visits the 215. We'll see how it goes down man. I wish your squad no luck.

The Redskins are going to be exposed in Week 2. I'll be Bach....

• kemskems 120 Posts
    People sleep on Bledsoe

LOL more like Bledsoe lulls them to sleep!

Here's a pic of Throw-It-Away-Drew's all-time favorite receiver:

C'mon man that's a bit harsh (nice picture though). Not even mentioning his career stats (although it was mentioned that he is top 10 all time in passing statistics). Just look at his stats last year: 23 TD's, 3639 yds, 60% completion %, and 17 TD's (admittedly a bit high). Those are pretty damn good numbers and probably would have been better if the O-line would not have been decimated by injury. Granted he needs protection, but if the big dogs can step up, Drew will Deliver. Throw away those Z's man.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Miami 27 - Pittsburgh 17

You better be right man or you're gonna be raw meat tomorrow.

• Miami 19 Pittsburgh 16. Low scoring affair.

• How in the HELL was Ronnie Brown the No. 2 overall pick last year??? Man, he is DOO DOO

• How in the HELL was Ronnie Brown the No. 2 overall pick last year??? Man, he is DOO DOO

I don't see the Miami team who took the field tonight in the super bowl.

they lettin' this Batch get all up in that ASS now!

they lettin' this Batch get all up in that ASS now!

I would say that Pitts is playing in another sloppy preseason game...but, seeing how ugly their 20th game of last season was, this is just par for their course.

• Refs LOVE Pittsburgh

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Oh, man, I was just about to post about how great regular season football is, that the last 3 minutes of a game will have all the drama you needed. But just now, Porter,

Football is back, beyotches.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yo the Super Bowl will definitely be in Miami this year -

but Miami ain't gonna be in the Super Bowl!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    STEELERS, FOLLS!

• Good win for the Steelers. Joey Porter doing that stupid Daunte "roll" was worth the three hours of my time alone.

If I'm Dolphins fan, I have a tad bit of concern about Daunte. I wouldn't shit on Ronnie Brown cos he couldn't get off against Blitzburgh's D. Dood ran hard. His second TD was gangster.

Football that counts. I'm all over it.

My man Wes Welker was killin it in the first half.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    My man Wes Welker was killin it in the first half.

Yeah he was. Where the fuck did that guy come from?

• I wouldn't shit on Ronnie Brown cos he couldn't get off against Blitzburgh's D. Dood ran hard. His second TD was gangster.

Yeah, but I been studyin' this dude since he came into the L... I'm sayin', 2nd pick overall???? He is AVERAGE at best. You want to see some hard runnin', go up to Tampa and see Brown's old backfield mate Cadillac Williams POUND THAT ROCK.

Pep self destructed in this game (edpowers saw this coming last year), but he's gonna need help from the running game if he's gonna be the answer at QB for the Fins. Can Ronnie Brown give this team the balance they need??? I dunno, but i'm really not seein' it from this guy.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Pep self destructed in this game (edpowers saw this coming last year), but he's gonna need help from the running game if he's gonna be the answer at QB for the Fins.

Phill is 100 % correct

The Dolphins have two SERIOUS holes on the team

#1) Safety ...I knew this was our biggest concern ..but i didnt know it was this bad ....

#2)Ronnie Brown ....Dude makes poor decisions,has no burst and he stops on his cut backs...he has no fluid motion..The Dolphins haven't had a respectable running game since 1976 ....looks like the same story this year ....I still think we'll win the division because The Patriots have a suspect defense

I'd actually like to see Joey Harrington ...I haven't given up on Dante yet but he tries to do too much when he gets behind in a game ...He gets the jitters and goes for the kill ...He has the protection ...he has the receivers..he has the arm...dude just needs to relax ...a 4 yard dump pass is the same as a 4 yard run .....please to calm down Dante and stretch the field a different way

I like Nick Saban but dude is too passive ....The red flag controversy was no big deal...they would have scored ....but dude...throw the flag like a man.....yell,kick,cuss and maybe your players would toughen up because they quit in the 4th qtr

now excuse me while i mend my sore throat from screaming like a girl when we recovered that fumble on the goal line

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Refs LOVE Pittsburgh

Al Michaels was ing that call all night

• Refs LOVE Pittsburgh

Al Michaels was ing that call all night

Man, I hate the Steelers, but that was just bad. Move on, Al. Nick Saban was Mr. Nonchalant, and it bite him in the ass. Oh well...Bet he won't make that mistake again.

Side rant: I HATE when announcers use their time to moralize at me. see: Joe Buck protecting the youth of america from Randy Moss' fake moon.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Yo the Super Bowl will definitely be in Miami this year -

but Miami ain't gonna be in the Super Bowl!

I'm still not backing off my Miami over Carolina prediction. One game does not make a season. And this game wasn't that bad. I think most of Miami's mistakes & shortcomings on offense (no run game, floating passes, dropped TDs) can be attributed to rust and playing a very good Pittsburgh D. They'll have 3 games against the Bills, Titans, and Texans to get adjusted on that side of the ball before facing New England.

As for the defense, they did look weak. Jason Taylor and the whole d-line got handled. Zach Thomas played a good game. But that secondary was suspect. If that D can gel before their BYE week, Miami will cruise into the playoffs.

The Patriots are the only respectable team they face before their BYE, after which they get to the meat of their schedule. I really don't see them having the same problems they did last night at that point in the season.

I guess we'll see. I'm hyped for Sunday's games.

• no way the Steelers lose tomorrow

• I like Saban but that challenge was weak sauce. You gotta get in that ref's grill, Nick!!

Daunte Culpepper severely out-statted by C. Batch. Daunte is officially a "turnover machine". 2 INTs a game for his last 8.

lol @ Ed already calling for Joey Piano Fingers. That dood sucks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Culpepper looked like pudding in the pocket.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Culpepper looked like pudding in the pocket.

Even before the game he was quoted on ESPN saying that he wasn't going to risk injury in the pocket. Dude said he'd rather get rid of the ball and move onto the next plan than get hit.

• Aaron Brooks = straight water, exponential, Randy Moss might get a few touches but dude is gonna be jumping up and down waving his hands alot. Jumping jacks. Dude will be doing jumping jacks.

Miami is not that good. Why y'all jock them so hard. Their o-line pretty suspect, and their db's look kinda toast.

Y'all keep sleeping on the Colts. Edge is gone but they still have a squad.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'd just like to know when Aaron Brooks snuck into every home in America just to empty every cookie jar he could find.

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Miami 27 - Pittsburgh 17

Sorry man. But all this crazy analysis is really on one game. I think people should chill and let the season play out. Of course, the guy is going to be tentative on his completely reconstructed knee in his first "real" game situation. I'm sure shit will balance out, that's the beauty of the NFL. By balance I mean no BIG BOWL for the Fins, but it isn't that bad either. Remember Saban has only been there one year and the fins are definitely headed in the right direction. The guy is not gonna build a champion in one year.

• not to beat this into the ground, but there was no way the Steelers were losing yesterday.

Not only was yesterday in Pittsburgh the beginning of NFL season, it was also the funeral of Pgh's late mayor O'Connor, a typical Pgh good-ol-boy, who died in office last week, two months after being diagnosed with a raer brain cancer, six months after being elected.

So during the funeral, held in the city's most ornate cathedral, the 1800 people in attendance joined in singing the Steelers Polka (sung to the tune of the Pennsylvania Polka). Basically God is a steelers fan. no way you Dollphish dudes were gonna upset yesterday. better luck next time though, i'd still like to see you beat the Patriots.

• Did y'all see the second of those "Briscoe High Football" commercials for Nike? Killer. Lee Corso showing up had me rolling.