NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Just curious, in other sports, do fans of perennial powerhouses, suddenly become fans of a now-winning perennial loser of the same city? (sorry that was awkward)

For example if the Mets starting winning big, will Yankees fans start rooting for them?

At this point, it's hard NOT to root for them Clippers!! Exciting as hell to watch and hard-working.

If Blake Griffin leaves will you continue to create Go Clippers threads?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Just curious, in other sports, do fans of perennial powerhouses, suddenly become fans of a now-winning perennial loser of the same city? (sorry that was awkward)

For example if the Mets starting winning big, will Yankees fans start rooting for them?

At this point, it's hard NOT to root for them Clippers!! Exciting as hell to watch and hard-working.

If Blake Griffin leaves will you continue to create Go Clippers threads?

No

Just curious. Cuz all the Laker fans are all on facebook now, and suddenly Clipper fans as well.

WHAT IN THE HELL DOES CHRIS WEBBER ALWAYS GET RILED UP ABOUT???

Dude is like the C.L. Smooth of the broadcasting game. I'm surprised Kenny Smith hasn't bitchslapped that dude for not making ANY sense at all.

D. Rose vs D. Wade was ILL AT SHIT at the end there.

Wade is definitely back.

Rose is the truth.

Blake with the most in the NBA this season with 47.....

BEAST

MODE

Clips got so many options. Baron playing well too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    yuichi said:

19 of 24 FG
    9 of 11 FT
    14 Boards

Dude better make the All-Star Team

Rockadelic said:
    yuichi said:

19 of 24 FG
    9 of 11 FT
    14 Boards

Dude better make the All-Star Team

Pretty sure he will, either through the fan voting or at worst
    through the coachs' pick.

I can't think of any single player that's more exciting to watch
    than him right now........

Clippers get 9 in a row at home. Now to take it up a notch and get some wins on the road!

Celtics still scare the hell out of my soft Lakers team.

Check this little dude out....Earl Boykins on steroids....

EVERY dunk since Dunk Contest inception?! My friend sent this to me.....ENJOY!

http://hoopism.com/?p=961

• Options
    A sportswriter tries to ruin the NBA and Joy Division at the same time:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/02/the-works-how-joy-division-explains-the-all-star-starters/

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ron artest wants out?

pcmr said:
    ron artest wants out?

Before the ship sinks.

Could the Lakers get a little more production out of their back-up point guard position? Sure. But let's look at the big picture. The Lakers are $20 million over the luxury tax threshold and they don't have a single attractive contract to offer in trade. They're not about to move Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom or Andrew Bynum, and all that's left after that are older players with long-term deals and small contracts that won't return anything of value in terms of advancing the championship cause.

No, what's far more likely is that Phil Jackson and Mitch Kupchak are using the trade talk as motivation for their existing players. If they "leak" Ron Artest's name will it get him back on the same page as the rest of the team? If they talk about how they just aren't sure they can compete with the group they have, will that group finally hear what Bryant has been telling them about valuing each and every game like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals?

This is all about motivation for the Lakers.

No matter how much they may be seen as "struggling" because they're only in the West's second seed and not 15 games ahead of everyone else, the Lakers are still the team to beat. There's not a team in the NBA that relishes the thought of seeing the Lakers in a seven-game series. The regular season and its obligatory trade rumors is just a little bit of pre-show melodrama to whet the appetite of the Lakers' faithful for another long postseason run.

• Options
    batmon said:
    There's not a team in the NBA that relishes the thought of seeing the Lakers in a seven-game series.

The Celtics do.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mitch isn't the type to use "trade" as a motivational tool...and Phil has said several times the team will be ok by the start of playoffs.......I don't believe Artest wants to be traded...I'm thinking its the same old BSPN bullshit...but if Ron really does want out its great news for The Lakers...He's starting to become a distraction and Matt Barnes should be the starter.......When Jerry West spoke the other day about the team getting old it was his way of telling Mitch it was time to make a deal......The most likely Laker to be dealt is Pau..which is fine with me if they can get Melo.......Time for the Lakers to start building a team for Dwight Howard when he becomes available

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Mitch isn't the type to use "trade" as a motivational tool...and Phil has said several times the team will be ok by the start of playoffs.......I don't believe Artest wants to be traded...I'm thinking its the same old BSPN bullshit...but if Ron really does want out its great news for The Lakers...He's starting to become a distraction and Matt Barnes should be the starter.......When Jerry West spoke the other day about the team getting old it was his way of telling Mitch it was time to make a deal......The most likely Laker to be dealt is Pau..which is fine with me if they can get Melo.......Time for the Lakers to start building a team for Dwight Howard when he becomes available

Melo talk seems to be a non-starter and regardless, I can't see the Lakers giving up Pau to get him.

Frickin' Bynum and his contract. Millstone with weak knees.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    So apparently Shaq is with Hoopz from Flavor of Love. That sounds about right, actually.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    edpowers said:

Melo talk seems to be a non-starter and regardless, I can't see the Lakers giving up Pau to get him.

Frickin' Bynum and his contract. Millstone with weak knees.

At times I feel bad for Bynum..only because Kareem ruined any chance the kid had at being great. When Shaq was here Kareem tried to "help" him...Shaq pretty much told dude to fuck off......Vaginum's contract is up the same year as Howard so I can tolerate dude and his paper knees another year

51 vs. the Magic?

DAYUMN

mannybolone said:
    51 vs. the Magic?

DAYUMN

Giving up 37 points in the fourth to win by 4 points?

MCDYESS!

Damn, he came up big in the finish--the offensive rebound to get Parker the second shot (which I can't believe he missed), and then the tip-in for the win. Fuck yeah, Dice!

DJ_Enki said:
    MCDYESS!

Damn, he came up big in the finish--the offensive rebound to get Parker the second shot (which I can't believe he missed), and then the tip-in for the win. Fuck yeah, Dice!

Sigh.

So. Close.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i watched the whole game
    it's funny how lebron can be beasting and lazy at the same time
    his jumper is set in stone now
    they almost got the game tied at the end because of of his lazy inbound play

Just watched the Mavs beat Boston at home.

The highest career ppg vs. Boston at home in history is as follows...

MJ
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Dork

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I know that boy yuki's gonna be slathering this crap on.

Already got two bottles...

Jerry Sloan to resign?. I thought I'd never see the day. That guy seemed like he'd coach forever. If he's really leaving, that's a big loss for the NBA.

This is a sad day for basketball.

When the season opened i saw a Utah game, and he looked very tired and aged.

Theyll be alright, but im sorry to see him go during the season.

One of my top 5 coaches ever.

Rockadelic said:
    One of my top 5 coaches ever.