NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    that one rivals Gifloppli's academy award winning flops

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    asstro said:
    I will not be shocked at all if Baron pulls a Plaxico to get out of reporting to CLE. He was barely motivated to play on the Clips with talented teammates, he will be sinking to Vin Baker-esque levels on the CAVS.

I don't say this all that often, but I think Bill Simmons has this one right:

[blockquote]I want NBC to give Baron a show called "Bizarro Biggest Loser," since he's probably going to gain 10 pounds a week over the next three months. If you were going to create a "How Fast Can Person X Balloon?" scale, Baron getting shipped to a hopeless lottery team to play for a coach he feuded with in New Orleans has to rank up there with DeNiro playing Jake LaMotta and any woman in her mid-40s who just found out she was pregnant with in vitro twins. We're 48 hours away from Baron firing his personal chef and replacing him with Jack from Jack in the Box.

As a Clippers season-ticket holder, I'm torn: Baron is one of those guys who feeds off the crowd, but if the crowd sucks, he just feeds himself. They should have known that before they wasted $60 million on him. After drifting through that mammoth deal for two-plus years, Baron reinvented himself as Blake's duke muse and got himself into reasonably mediocre condition -- although it's worth mentioning that, on Saturday night, my friend Kevin joked, "I can't believe the dunk contest referees are in better shape than Baron Davis."

The real shame is that, had Baron been healthy and motivated from the get-go, Blake would have singlehandedly re-established him as an elite point guard. So you get what you deserve. I liked Baron Davis personally, but as a paying customer, I remain disappointed that he quit on the Clippers over trying to turn them around. If you're getting paid like a franchise player, you need to act like one ... right? That the Clippers included an unprotected 2011 lottery pick just to dump his ample rear end should tell you something. [/blockquote]

Dude's gonna turn into a fat-assed chucker.

• Denver seems to be playing BETTER from what I see, although they won against a depleted Celtics team. But without Melo around, it seems as if they're a much faster-paced team that could probably outrun the more long-winded teams in the West like Los Angeles and San Antonio. Whether or not that fast-paced offense vs. giving the ball to Melo and waiting for him to create his own shot will equate to many wins is yet to be determined. 2-0, however, is a nice start. It's odd seeing Melo is blue and orange, but I know it's a sight for the sore eyes of Knick fans who haven't been to a playoff game since Alan Houston and Ewing roamed the Garden.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    batmon said:

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    My kid plays for his school's 7th grade basketball team. They played on Wednesday and this kid flopped twice! I could not believe that shit. The second time he did it he elbowed his defender in the chest and then flopped right afterward! Luckily the ref did not give him the foul either time. However, after the second one there was a time out and a kid from my son's team flopped on the ground saying WTF is this kid doing, and the ref called him for a technical foul. What is the world coming to???

NAGL

• batmon said:

NAGL

Captain Kirk. Still one of my favorites out there, but AYAH! Is that a high-rise sock or some sort of new brace for the legs?! Oh, you mean the jersey?! I think he'll fit well in Atlanta. They'll benefit from having another experienced point guard other than Bibby.

• batmon said:

I didn't know Jeff Goldblum plays for the Hawks!

• Snapping said:

I didn't know Jeff Goldblum plays for the Hawks!

This trade is actually a good look for the Hawks. Hinrich brings defense at the point guard position which Bibby totally lacked.

• Options
    Snapping said:
    Hinrich brings defense at the point guard position which Bibby totally lacked.

Aw c'mon.

pcmr said:

EVERY MONTH IS BLACK HISTORY MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The more I tatke time to think about it, I can easily see Chicago make it to the Finals and possibly even bringing a seventh championship back. My only concern is that the hype machine people are now creating for them will make them even bigger targets than they previously were. All I can say is that I can smell a Chicago/Boston Eastern Conference Final. I just pray it's at least HALF as epic as their seven-game first round series two years ago.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    No doubt, I am definitely bullish on these Bulls. Being the homer that I am, I am always reluctant to make predictions for teams I hold dear. That said, I don't think anyone wants to play Chicago during a seven-game series. Noah, Boozer, Taj Gibson, our Turkish dude Asik and Kurt Thomas (who is our strongest defender and just waiting on the bench for the stretch), are a VERY strong front court. Deng, Brewer and Bogans are all super solid defensively and Korver can make those threes. That's just about everybody, right? Oh, forgot about C.J. "It's Elementary," Watson -- decent off-season pickup, especially for a guy who never got drafted.

• That was awesome. LOL @ the Heat. Ultimate fail tonight. Cats were catchin mad feelings after it was done too.

The refs even tried to give it to them and everything.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    That was awesome. LOL @ the Heat. Ultimate fail tonight. Cats were catchin mad feelings after it was done too.

Hey GP....some unidentified team has won 18 of their last 19 with their one loss being a buzzer beater on the road.

Shhhhh!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Checking back in with slightly tempered enthusiasm on the Bulls. Korver stroked an air-ball three at the buzzer in a crushing loss to ATL. Big game tonight at Disney World and Chicago always struggles against the Magic. Bulls took the first two against Miami and odds say Sunday goes by way of the Heat. Hope I'm wrong.

• Rockadelic said:

Shhhhh!

Rockadelic said:

Shhhhh!

Rockadelic said:

Shhhhh!

Rockadelic said:

Shhhhh!

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    That was awesome. LOL @ the Heat. Ultimate fail tonight. Cats were catchin mad feelings after it was done too.

Hey GP....some unidentified team has won 18 of their last 19 with their one loss being a buzzer beater on the road.

Shhhhh!

Does that team have a 50 year old point guard?

• Chicago is going to be scary come postseason. Baron Davis just might be a nice fit in Cleveland. And I think that all the Miami doubters have good reason to, but I have some odd feeling that they might turn the light on the last few days of the regular season and show off in the postseason.

• Options
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Chicago is going to be scary come postseason. Baron Davis just might be a nice fit in Cleveland. And I think that all the Miami doubters have good reason to, but I have some odd feeling that they might turn the light on the last few days of the regular season and show off in the postseason.

Smoked by 30 by the Spurs tonight. That's gonna have to be a very big light.

incompletejigsaw said:
    . And I think that all the Miami doubters have good reason to, but I have some odd feeling that they might turn the light on the last few days of the regular season and show off in the postseason.

So a newly assembled good regular season team, that cant beat the ELITE teams, will somehow GEL even more in the Post -Season despite not having any Post-Season EXP as a team?

Fuck Miami and New York. They need time. Fuck all the hype.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    . And I think that all the Miami doubters have good reason to, but I have some odd feeling that they might turn the light on the last few days of the regular season and show off in the postseason.

So a newly assembled good regular season team, that cant beat the ELITE teams, will somehow GEL even more in the Post -Season despite not having any Post-Season EXP as a team?

In all fairness, Lakers seem to be on some "wake us when it's April" tip too

mannybolone said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

The Chip runs thru LA, Miami doesnt have that luxury.

• batmon said:
    mannybolone said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

That luxury could end up being a liability as well. I hate to say it, but this year's Lakers are much softer than last year. I don't know if it was the new addition of Artest that brought about a new kind of vibe or what last year, but it doesn't look like the Lakers quite have that vibe. In the West the two teams I think that will give LA some REAL trouble will be Oklahoma City and San Antonio. I'm leaning more towards Oklahoma City because last year during the series it was highly contested and there were many close games. San Antonio, although "experienced," aren't as quick as they need to be to outperform LA.

And I know that Derrick Rose is a favorite of many to win MVP, but what about Kevin Love?! I know he plays for a Timberwolves team that isn't doing so well, but the man broke the record for most consecutive double-doubles, had a 30 point-20 rebound game four times I believe and made the All-Star Team. Albeit he was a reserve, but he made it.

incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    mannybolone said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

That luxury could end up being a liability as well. I hate to say it, but this year's Lakers are much softer than last year. I don't know if it was the new addition of Artest that brought about a new kind of vibe or what last year, but it doesn't look like the Lakers quite have that vibe. In the West the two teams I think that will give LA some REAL trouble will be Oklahoma City and San Antonio. I'm leaning more towards Oklahoma City because last year during the series it was highly contested and there were many close games. San Antonio, although "experienced," aren't as quick as they need to be to outperform LA.

And I know that Derrick Rose is a favorite of many to win MVP, but what about Kevin Love?! I know he plays for a Timberwolves team that isn't doing so well, but the man broke the record for most consecutive double-doubles, had a 30 point-20 rebound game four times I believe and made the All-Star Team. Albeit he was a reserve, but he made it.

Do u WATCH basketball?

• incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    mannybolone said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Do u WATCH basketball?

Yes I do, although my opinion of it is not the kind that is subscribed by many. Not even few. But in regards to the MVP comment, I said "what about Kevin Love?!" I'm not saying I want him to win or that I think he will, but I think he's been one of the more outstanding players this season. He's not on a great team, but he's a great player. And that, in the end, is who the award goes to. A player.

incompletejigsaw said:
    batmon said:
    mannybolone said:
    batmon said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Do u WATCH basketball?

Yes I do, although my opinion of it is not the kind that is subscribed by many. Not even few. But in regards to the MVP comment, I said "what about Kevin Love?!" I'm not saying I want him to win or that I think he will, but I think he's been one of the more outstanding players this season. He's not on a great team, but he's a great player. And that, in the end, is who the award goes to. A player.

Gettin double-doubles doesnt make one the MVP of the entire league.

They are a 14-49 team.

C'mon dude seriously? A great player would have more than 14 wins.
    Dont make this dude out to be Dork. Just stop.