NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I's hate to think what Griffin is gonna look like once he has a jumpshot.

• Griffin is indeed fun to watch now, and I agree a solid jump shot would put him over the top.

Looking forward to the Lakers in their slump stage coming to the Hive in NOLA tonight.
    I have no illusions, but a regenerated DWest, an out-of-his-shooting-slump Ariza and
    CP3 in his prime have a good chance against a 70-80% Laker squad.
    Kobe always makes CPaul play better, imo.

I miss Chandler. Stupidest thing the old coach/GM ever did.

In other Louisiana news, is Glen Davis becoming a real-deal NBA star (not superstar)
    in year 3 of his career? Between him and Marcus Thorton coming outta LSU, and
    Shaq still performing admirably, this is a great time to be a Louisiana NBA fan.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Larry Nance isnt as agile but at 6'9/ 6'10 gets up and has power.

I got Kemp...Amare....KG.....that's about it.

And for you non hoops fans and/or futbol fans.....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The worse part is that Griffin is on the Clippers meaning his whole career is going to be hell unless he gets traded. whatever good thing the Clips get going they always find a way to destroy it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    He got that Tim Duncan demeanor, which is pretty fuckin' entertaining, especially after he puts one on someone. Let the Blake Griffin love fest continue....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Larry Nance isnt as agile but at 6'9/ 6'10 gets up and has power.

I got Kemp...Amare....KG.....that's about it.

And for you non hoops fans and/or futbol fans.....

Hey Rock,

Don't forget about Tom Chambers and Antonio McDyess (before his injuries).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"Cavaliers Give Homeless Man A Home, Job

It may be a little late, but the perfect Christmas story comes to us today out of Cleveland, where the Cavaliers are looking for a little positive karma to kick off the new year. Ted Williams, a homeless man, has been standing on street corners holding a sign claiming that he has the "god-given gift of a great voice." Rather than looking for food or a hand-out, Williams really was looking for a job. Now, thanks to the Cavaliers, he has one.

"The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house! A house! A house!" Williams told local radio station WCNI. "I've been out there about a year; I just didn't know anything like this would ever happen. There's so many words. I've already been compared to Susan Boyle. I'm just so happy. ... Just to get back to some normalcy and responsibility.. If I can get a job, whether it's a $25,000 or even $18,000, I'd be happy. At least I know God has me where he wants me."

You really don't want to miss the YouTube video series of how this guy got his job . . .and you'll be amazed by his voice. Check it out here!

At this point the Cavaliers have hired Williams as a supplementary PA announcer and will give him some other responsibilities in and around Quicken Loans Arena, as well.

Nice way to kick off the new year for the Cleveland Cavaliers, and proof that the American Dream is still alive and well."

• Options
    The Rondo & Ray Show spiked the Spurs tonight despite some last minute stupidity from the officials. Rondo is just ridiculous and should be the 1st team PG this year by the time it's all over.

BobDesperado said:
    The Rondo & Ray Show spiked the Spurs tonight despite some last minute stupidity from the officials. Rondo is just ridiculous and should be the 1st team PG this year by the time it's all over.

The Spurs played last night.

Do u get pumped up beating a 'tired' back to back evening team or a fresh team?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    BobDesperado said:

Wait - how is a 2pt win a "spike" especially after Ray shanked two free throws?

That said - 22 assists? YOWZERS

Lakers and Clippers get the win!

D'Andre Jordan is BEASTING as of late especially with blocks, rebounds, and finishes around the rim. Really taking advantage of Kaman's absence.

Can't wait til the Clips go above 500.

yuichi said:
    Lakers and Clippers get the win!

D'Andre Jordan is BEASTING as of late especially with blocks, rebounds, and finishes around the rim. Really taking advantage of Kaman's absence.

Can't wait til the Clips go above 500.

I cant wait to see you jump ship.

Clippers are already more exciting to watch than the Lakers. That's for sure.

Speaking of talent.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Is this a play on Batmon's Starbucks? I don't get it. McCafe is convenient sometimes.

yuichi said:
    Is this a play on Batmon's Starbucks? I don't get it. McCafe is convenient sometimes.

Latte Pas since i already posted the story here.
    Im actaully sorry i did. Dude is getting hyped up doin interviews w/ everyone.
    Saw dude this morning on the local news.

• Options
    batmon said:
    BobDesperado said:

The Spurs played last night.

Do u get pumped up beating a 'tired' back to back evening team or a fresh team?

No KG, dude.

• Options
    mannybolone said:
    BobDesperado said:

Wait - how is a 2pt win a "spike" especially after Ray shanked two free throws?

That said - 22 assists? YOWZERS

Triple double and 6 steals.

Just a massive game.

• SEEN

Lakers 112 Cavs 57

ouch....

• yuichi said:
    Lakers 112 Cavs 57

ouch....

R.I.P to all the broken hearts of the few remaining Cavaliers fans that stuck around to watch the tragedy to the end.

• yuichi said:
    Lakers 112 Cavs 57

ouch....

I guess Kobe couldn't screw this game up even if he TRIED. That thing looked like a scrimmage with a Division II team.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    It's been about a year since I got the recommendation on here, but I can now agree with faux that this is an excellent read...

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    yuichi said:
    Lakers 112 Cavs 57

ouch....

I guess Kobe couldn't screw this game up even if he TRIED. That thing looked like a scrimmage with a Division II team.

My team is pa-the-tic

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I've been reading some straight up ridiculous columns regarding Carmelo and possible trade packages. You would think that after the debacle of sports journalism during the 2010 free agent summer that some of these dudes would dial it back some, but nope. This gem was in an article over the weekend by Mark Stein and Chris Broussard:

The Clippers' Blake Griffin is one of Denver's dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected. The Nuggets have also made numerous attempts to acquire the comparatively unheralded Nicolas Batum from Portland but have been repeatedly rebuffed.

What planet are these guys on?

white_tea said:
    I've been reading some straight up ridiculous columns regarding Carmelo and possible trade packages. You would think that after the debacle of sports journalism during the 2010 free agent summer that some of these dudes would dial it back some, but nope. This gem was in an article over the weekend by Mark Stein and Chris Broussard:

The Clippers' Blake Griffin is one of Denver's dream targets in an Anthony trade, but sources told ESPN.com that those overtures have been consistently rejected. The Nuggets have also made numerous attempts to acquire the comparatively unheralded Nicolas Batum from Portland but have been repeatedly rebuffed.

What planet are these guys on?

They get paid to report rumours and speculation.

GO MOTHERFUCKIN' CLIPPERS!!!!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude, this score is :face_melt:

I'm speechless.

Just curious, in other sports, do fans of perennial powerhouses, suddenly become fans of a now-winning perennial loser of the same city? (sorry that was awkward)

For example if the Mets starting winning big, will Yankees fans start rooting for them?

At this point, it's hard NOT to root for them Clippers!! Exciting as hell to watch and hard-working.

• yuichi said:
    GO MOTHERFUCKIN' CLIPPERS!!!!!!

I guess karma really is a bum.