THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Orlando > Cleveland

Did you SEE the Celtics team that Orlando needed 7 games to beat?

EC finals going more than 5 games is highly unlikely.

Every series comes w/ a different set of problems/issues.

The Matchups are different. Plus....the EXP they gained from playin the undermanned Champions w/ benefit them.

Im not gonna bring up the regular season which Orlando won, cause that doesnt mean shit.

Its matchups. Van Gundy is wack.

LeBron cant take it to the hole as often w/ Howard in the paint.

As much as i want to see Kobe vs LebBron - Im going w/ the 2 "underdogs".

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'll agree that LA is looking bad and Denver will have the upper hand that might lead them to the championship round. I got Cleveland over Orlando however. That team still takes too many 3s and doesn't get Howard the ball enough.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LA/Denver is gonna be a good one. Lakers are very inconsistent (again), but this should be the series that they use more of Bynum and Gasol. Houston was more determined on defense, Denver will try to run up the score like LA. When all is said and done, I think LA will come out on top. 4 games at Staples. If LA takes ONE at Denver, the series should be a wrap.

Orlando/Cleveland. Cleveland is taking some time off, which might mean they come out rusty. I haven't seen enough of Orlando to really comment on their team. I do know that they took 2 out of 3 in the regular and they do match up well. If the bench comes out strong for Orlando (apparently they did in their wins), they should do well. Otherwise, Cleveland is looking like the favorites in this series as well.

Possible Finals Matchups:

LA/CLEVELAND = 55% (Cleveland wins in 5)

DENVER/CLEVELAND = 35% (Cleveland wins in 6)

LA/ORLANDO = 5% (LA wins in 6)

DENVER/ORLANDO = 5% (Denver wins in 6)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    SCIENCE!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    SCIENCE!

haha

but seriously yuichi dont underestimate the nuggets playoff defense and they must have studied the tapes

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    LA/Denver is gonna be a good one. Lakers are very inconsistent (again), but this should be the series that they use more of Bynum and Gasol. Houston was more determined on defense, Denver will try to run up the score like LA. When all is said and done, I think LA will come out on top. 4 games at Staples. If LA takes ONE at Denver, the series should be a wrap.

Orlando/Cleveland. Cleveland is taking some time off, which might mean they come out rusty. I haven't seen enough of Orlando to really comment on their team. I do know that they took 2 out of 3 in the regular and they do match up well. If the bench comes out strong for Orlando (apparently they did in their wins), they should do well. Otherwise, Cleveland is looking like the favorites in this series as well.

Such a bad look.

If you're going to subscribe to an obsolete single team-oriented mode of fandom whose primary determining factor is an accident of geography, then at least RIDE WITH YOUR TEAM.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Denver did scare me until everyone jumped on the bandwagon..The Nuggets can't handle being picked to make it to The Finals by so many...Birdman always gives the Lakers trouble along with Chauncey but thats about it...Dudes must not remember George Karl is still their coach and Carmelo is the new C.Webb....If Denver tries to outscore The Lakers they are in trouble and i dont see them learning how to play defense overnight....Most important.. The Nuggets play like shit in Staples ..they are something like 2-20 in Staples INCLUDING CLIPPERS GAMES.....

Lakers in 6

Orlando is going to give Cleveland hell....That Cavs defense means nothing to Orlando...The only stat that matters in this series is rebounding....Cleveland has a sneaky advantage at the Center position (yes i said Cleveland) but for the first time all year Mike Brown is going to have to actually coach...My heart rides with Orlando but because i think it's going 7 games i can't go against The Cavs at home in the deciding game

Cavs in 7

That team doesn't get Howard the ball enough.

Dwight Howard is a mess in the post.

Such a bad look.

If you're going to subscribe to an obsolete single team-oriented mode of fandom whose primary determining factor is an accident of geography, then at least RIDE WITH YOUR TEAM.

SCIENCE > FANDOM

ed,

you must be watching a different game. Denver plays defense now, even Mello. Orlando misses Howard on so many pick and rolls alone its ridiculous, and he has developed a nice post game as well.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    how effective will dwight howard be defensively if he has to step out in the perimeter to guard zydrunas?

also, im looking forward to watching kenyon martin manhandle pau gasol.

ed,

you must be watching a different game. Denver plays defense now, even Mello. Orlando misses Howard on so many pick and rolls alone its ridiculous, and he has developed a nice post game as well.

I'll admit i don't watch much Orlando Magic basketball so maybe i'll give Howard's post game another chance....

The only dude on Denver that plays defense is Birdman ...it's easy to look like your playing defense against Old Antonio and Dallas.....

San Antonio and Dallas may have been the easiest route to the Conference Finals in recent history

Lakers in 3

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ed,

i am one up one down on this

nuggets defense is for real now, they listen to the coach and i m sure they have learned from the rockets success
    maybe enough to steal a game at staples
    plus they are deeper than the lakers if both benches are performing to the maximum
    however none of my analysis matters until we see game 1

on the other hand i agree with ED about howard, he has moves but noweghere near as dominant as he should be

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I think Nuggs/Lakers will come down to how the Lakers' Bigs show up.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

If you're going to subscribe to an obsolete single team-oriented mode of fandom whose primary determining factor is an accident of geography,

WOW!

Heart of a twenty year old milk dud left in a freezer related.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If you're going to subscribe to an obsolete single team-oriented mode of fandom whose primary determining factor is an accident of geography,

WOW!

Apparently the modern day model of sports fandom is not unlike playing the Stock Market.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

WOW!

Apparently the modern day model of sports fandom is not unlike playing the Stock Market.

If only T.I. played point for the Hawks, the price on homerism would be up.

Denver did scare me until everyone jumped on the bandwagon..The Nuggets can't handle being picked to make it to The Finals by so many...Birdman always gives the Lakers trouble along with Chauncey but thats about it...Dudes must not remember George Karl is still their coach and Carmelo is the new C.Webb....If Denver tries to outscore The Lakers they are in trouble and i dont see them learning how to play defense overnight....Most important.. The Nuggets play like shit in Staples ..they are something like 2-20 in Staples INCLUDING CLIPPERS GAMES.....

Lakers in 6

"I've beat K.O.B.E. before!"

I think Nuggs/Lakers will come down to how the Lakers' Bigs show up.

That's pretty much it. Spread the floor. Denver's man to man coverage is bad. This is gonna be a scorer's series.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Clipper fans should rejoice....Blake Griffin is the true.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    What the fusk is up with this?

Denver are idiots. They want to lose this game.

What a thriller........Faux Rillz, take notes on the science. 55% that Cavs/Lakers meet is exactly that.

SPIKE CHEERING ON THE LAKERS! YOU GO SPIKE.

What a thriller........

Melo was kinda beasting. There's no way in hell KB can guard him by himself.

Ariza's Steal was thst shit.

JR Smith looked like he might have sprained an ankle on that last play.

Ariza's Steal was thst shit.

Ariza man-to-man defense = surprisingly vulnerable

Ariza playing the passing lanes = "LAVA"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What a thriller........

Kobe: 40
    Carmelo: 39