THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I like Orlando in 7 now

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    whatsup joel?

i'm not very hopeful for the nuggets. not enough experience and killer instinct...yet. when the games on the line, kobe is going to throw daggers. but i'd like to see the nuggs win.

Yeah, that's my feeling. The Nuggest just can't finish going after last nights collapse.

Dude, you did see the Lakers-Rockets series, right?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

That said, Orlando had to play catch up. NAGL.

Kinda harsh to NAGL a team that steals game 1 against the top seed.

Regular season dont mean shit.

I'm for Orlando. The fact that they had to play catch up vs. a clear beatdown is worth pointing out.

Stealing a game is different than spankin that ass...imo.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Of course - but it stands to reason that they have to work to beat
    the Cavs, especially on the road. Now they have proven to everyone
    including themselves that they can - and have that as their mindset
    moving forward. Wanting them to dominate this game was unrealistic.

Of course - but it stands to reason that they have to work to beat
    the Cavs, especially on the road. Now they have proven to everyone
    including themselves that they can - and have that as their mindset
    moving forward. Wanting them to dominate this game was unrealistic.

I didnt expect them to dominate at all. I was hoping for an even game.
    That wasnt the case. If I were an Orlando fan, this steal/win isnt anything to gloat about.

Orlando > Cleveland

Did you SEE the Celtics team that Orlando needed 7 games to beat?

EC finals going more than 5 games is highly unlikely.

So Cleveland will sweep from here?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Not looking likely. It's OK, I can handle being wrong.

I wasn't selling Orlando short so much as I was a true
    believer that Cavs were steamrolling. That's why I'm impressed.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    that was a pretty good game. it's crazy how much stronger melo is than kobe-- just throws him around in the paint.
    a few things:
    -ariza's length bothered chauncey, who is more effective when he gets to blow by his defender and either lay-up or kick out. trouble is, he couldn't get around ariza.
    -sasha vujacic is absolutely worthless this post season, however, seeing shannon brown getting some playing time is a good look.
    -pau played like shit, except for the couple of blocks. dude was invisible on offense-- can't bang w/ denvers bigs
    -once jackson adjusts to get pau more touches further from the hoop, he'll be creative enough to move closer, score and become an offensive contributor.
    -jr smith was off all night, i wouldn't be comfortable with that as a lakers fan, he wont continue to do that.
    -kobe is one tech away from a game suspension now, and it's quite obvious that the physical nature of these games will get to him-- not saying that it will shut him down offensively (last night proved he can still go off, even if 12 of his 40 were charity), but i could easily see him bitching about a call and getting teed, esp. when they go to denver.
    -george karl was f*cking HEATED in that post game conference... i want to know what that was about.
    -that reach in foul that swung the game by putting kobe on the line and taking away denvers two for one opportunity in the final minute was a clean steal.

I didn't get to see CAVS/MAGIC, but I bet you Cleveland won't allow as many points next game.

I didn't get to see CAVS/MAGIC, but I bet you Cleveland won't allow as many points next game.

Orlando is averaging 103 points against Cleveland this year, so expect more of the same....Cleveland would be better served playing faster because their half court set plays right into Orlando's hands.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    lebron's jumper has improved leaps and bounds its pretty impressive
    but this 49 point performance in a loss is a reminder of their last playoff stint

i really want to see the nuggets continue with the same intensity and have JR blow up so that chauncey (the only killer instict guy on the team) can close out the 4th quarter

The Cavs cant stop Orlando's "big" 3.

Orlando cant stop LeBron.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Nuggets are playing jetlagged or some shit w/out getting on a plane. Sheeeit.

Classic Bavetta......whistle happy in the 4th

terrible calls on both sides

Let em play you old fart

Homecourt Advantage eradicated.

This series looks to be kind of nice.
    And in general, how great have these playoffs been?

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    At least one compelling series every round. Very nice playoffs.

Go Nuggets.
    Go Cavs.

This series looks to be kind of nice.
    And in general, how great have these playoffs been?

The Cavs ran thru the first 2 rounds - BORING

The Celtics gave their last hurrah against the Bulls and finally lost steam against Orlando.

Lakers ran thru Utah and got a wake up call against Tru Warior and them.

Denver ran thru the Hornets and Mavs.

The Conference Finals is doin it.

I hatt to say it but K.O.B.E. and them look like they might have missed the boat last year. They just dont look dominant.

This is Denver's first time gettin this deep so like you see, they tend to fusk themselves. But their physical play is mad disruptive to LA.

LA is soft as fusk. After K.O.B.E., Fisher, and A.R.I.Z.A, they rest of them are str8 bitch. But they have been here before and should know how to handle this.

Mo Williams is not Scottie Pippen.

128 free throws in two games[/b]

this has to be a record

Here's a couple things that are bothering me about the Lakers:

1) KENYON MARTIN
    2) Gasol's inability to get good post position (b/c of quickness and strength)
    3) Gasol as a defensive liability.
    4) Ariza's overrated defense. His lateral movement sucks, which means he gets burned easily.
    5) Chauncey's deceptive ability to get inside the paint with his quickness and big frame at the PG position.
    6) Overreliance on Kobe's playmaking in tight situations.

1) KENYON MARTIN

Kenyon is one of those dudes that looks like he's doing something but he aint doin shit....dude has played almost 40 minutes in both games and has 10 rebounds as a power forward (that's pathetic) and 30 points total....He pretty much fucked off game one ...and was outplayed by Ariza in Game 2

2) Gasol's inability to get good post position (b/c of quickness and strength)

Gasol is not a post player ...he's trying to do Bynum's job because Bynum is a pussy

3) Gasol as a defensive liability.

he's trying to do Bynum's job because Bynum is a pussy

4) Ariza's overrated defense. His lateral movement sucks, which means he gets burned easily.

He's guarding Carmelo Anthony....NOBODY can guard Carmelo Anthony

5) Chauncey's deceptive ability to get inside the paint with his quickness and big frame at the PG position.

yes...this is a problem

6) Overreliance on Kobe's playmaking in tight situations.

This is more Kobe's fault...but of course we won't blame Kobe

Regarding Kenyon Martin: He gets overshadowed cuz of Chauncey and Melo, but the dude really gives them defensive toughness and he's good during scramble plays where he could get easy buckets.

Regarding Pau: I mean, Pau is getting pushed around by dudes 2-6" shorter for boards, position, etc.

Regarding Trevor's D: In this game, I believe he was guarding someone else too and he was getting burned. Good for steals, not necessarily the best defender.

I might add regarding Sasha's D: Noticeably frenetic at 30 feet from the rim and reaches in far too often. In other words, sucks.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    im a heat fan, so im relatively unbiased

anyways, i used to always stick up for kobe, but after heavily following LA in the post season.....dude cries to much about no-calls (yes i know wade does this too, but not as bad as kobe)

go nuggets

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    ???

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    so was this exciting to watch...im on espn gamecast (ugh!)

The last 4 minutes were heat.

1.0 seconds and LeBron hits that fusker. History Made.

Dude rescued the series.

Dude rescued the series.

That last second shot was incredible but how exactly did he rescue the series? He rescued *a game*. The fact that the Magic, at Cleveland, have come back to take leads in the final seconds of the game = NAGL for Cleveland, no matter how godly LeBron is.

• That last second shot was incredible but how exactly did he rescue the series?
    In the sense that if Cleveland lost, they'd be 2 in the hole, and with the next game in Orlando, that's tough to bounce back from.

Dude rescued the series.

That last second shot was incredible but how exactly did he rescue the series? He rescued *a game*. The fact that the Magic, at Cleveland, have come back to take leads in the final seconds of the game = NAGL for Cleveland, no matter how godly LeBron is.

He rescued the series cuz Cavs woulda been down 0-2 heading to Orlando.