THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

and for the record that defense is illegal

link the rulebook on that one-- i'm not buying it.

I'm not trying to sell anything....I would assume as a basketball fan you'd already know the basic rule of illegal defense

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    blaming kareem is horseshit.

Not holding his "personal tutor" accountable is naive.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Shit was pathetic though it should also be acknowledged that the Rockets are playing with hella heart.

The LA Times are practically having a cardiac this morning, talking about the game.

the second half of that article is pretty good, but yeah, that first page is a complete author meltdown, including the ALL CAPS.

Simers is kind of like that. He's been catching shit from fans for daring to say that Manny has been a disaster for LA and this new column isn't likely to make him more friends. I do like how he asks, "why do you like this team?" (meaning the Lakers).

T.J. Simers is douchebag sportswriter #1. Don`t understand why you would want to read his column. At least Bill Plaschke is fair.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

and for the record that defense is illegal

link the rulebook on that one-- i'm not buying it.

I'm not trying to sell anything....I would assume as a basketball fan you'd already know the basic rule of illegal defense

I'd assume that the refs would call it if it was really illegal.
    I'd also assume that most basketball fans wouldn't let their overwhelming fandom get in the way of objectivity-- but I guess I am giving casual Lakers fans too much credit.

The problem with your original statement is that it's not true.
    Check here and let us know if you find it: http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_index.html

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shit was pathetic though it should also be acknowledged that the Rockets are playing with hella heart.

The LA Times are practically having a cardiac this morning, talking about the game.

the second half of that article is pretty good, but yeah, that first page is a complete author meltdown, including the ALL CAPS.

Simers is kind of like that. He's been catching shit from fans for daring to say that Manny has been a disaster for LA and this new column isn't likely to make him more friends. I do like how he asks, "why do you like this team?" (meaning the Lakers).

T.J. Simers is douchebag sportswriter #1. Don`t understand why you would want to read his column. At least Bill Plaschke is fair.

Frankly, I just find Simers more entertaining.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    If Kobe wants to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan he needs to move off his current total of three championships and get to Jordan's six. And in order to get closer to Jordan this season, he'll need to move away from his recent history of subpar performances when the Lakers are facing elimination. In his past five elimination games -- two against Boston in last year's NBA Finals, against Phoenix in the first round in 2007 and 2006 and against Detroit in the 2004 NBA Finals -- Bryant shot 38 percent (43-for-113) and averaged 25.8 points. He exceeded his career playoff average of 25 points only once in those five games, when he scored 34 points in Game 5 against Phoenix in 2007. But it took him 33 shots to get them. And after the game, he demanded changes. And a few days after that, he demanded a trade.[/b]

- J.A. Adande

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Has anyone seen the Spike Lee documentary about Kobe? I'm trying to decide if its worth my effort to track it down.

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    Has anyone seen the Spike Lee documentary about Kobe? I'm trying to decide if its worth my effort to track it down.

ESPN had it on last night, but my DVR decided to F*ck up and not record it right. I think it's on again next Saturday.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

it's like a never-ending postgame interview. kobe hamming it up because he knows that the camera is on.
    i remember watching that specific game-- van gundy mentioned that lee was filming, and kobe was awkwardly/unusually animated on the sideline. waving towels around on layups and schitt. it was weird.

That Dwele/McCafe commercial is worse than the Rockets' offense right now.

it's like a never-ending postgame interview. kobe hamming it up because he knows that the camera is on.
    i remember watching that specific game-- van gundy mentioned that lee was filming, and kobe was awkwardly/unusually animated on the sideline. waving towels around on layups and schitt. it was weird.

That is what I suspected. Its amazing how a man who seems to do everything effortlessly and brilliantly on the court always seems forced and phony in the off the court side of his career.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Haha

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yeah, the whole shit basically comes off as a PR reel.

Meanwhile, why does Ron Artest continue to think he's some sort of offensive dynamo? Is everybody too afraid of him to tell him to knock that shit off?

The Rockets are so undersized, if they can't hit jumpers they have no hope in this game.

If Kobe wants to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan he needs to move off his current total of three championships and get to Jordan's six. And in order to get closer to Jordan this season, he'll need to move away from his recent history of subpar performances when the Lakers are facing elimination. In his past five elimination games -- two against Boston in last year's NBA Finals, against Phoenix in the first round in 2007 and 2006 and against Detroit in the 2004 NBA Finals -- Bryant shot 38 percent (43-for-113) and averaged 25.8 points. He exceeded his career playoff average of 25 points only once in those five games, when he scored 34 points in Game 5 against Phoenix in 2007. But it took him 33 shots to get them. And after the game, he demanded changes. And a few days after that, he demanded a trade.[/b]

- J.A. Adande

Garbation.

b/w

who cares?

And I agree with the general consensus that "Kobe doin work" is boring. About the only thing I got from that movie was that he`s serious about the game, but we already knew that. Maybe, "a day in the life" would have been better. Show clips of him in his Lambo and clowning his teammates in practice or something. That would have been much more entertaining.

ABC`s choice of Rob Thomas for highlights = extreme

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

- J.A. Adande

Garbation.

b/w

who cares?

LOL

Weren't you praising Adande as the best writer in the game awhile back?

Maybe, "a day in the life" would have been better. Show clips of him in his Lambo and clowning his teammates screaming at his teammates while they grimace and look at the ceiling[/b] in practice or something.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And I agree with the general consensus that "Kobe doin work" is boring. About the only thing I got from that movie was that he`s serious about the game, but we already knew that. Maybe, "a day in the life" would have been better. Show clips of him in his Lambo and clowning his teammates in practice or something. That would have been much more entertaining.

K.O.B.O.R.I.N.G.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Haha

when i saw that shit I was shocked!

at least Dwele will get some $$ and maybe more people will listen to his music...but having to sing 'do-do-do-do-do' to get that recognition must have been slightly soul sucking.

slightly soul sucking.

There definitely was a lot of sucking in that ad.

- J.A. Adande

Garbation.

b/w

who cares?

LOL

Weren't you praising Adande as the best writer in the game awhile back?

Naw, I probably said something along the lines of "He's more likeable (out of the LA Times writers) than that old bitter man, Plashke."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Do Celtic fans feel signing Starbury was a mistake??

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Nah, why? He's not the reason they are about to go out in the second round.

I mean, yeah, we expected more from him, but not much. And it's not like we
    gave anything up to get him, except money.

ANYWAY, gonna take a miracle finish for the C's to win this game, as they
    decided not to show up for the start of the fourth quarter, and are down 17
    points with less than 8 minutes left. Pretty much sums up how this season has
    been going since the all-star break.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Nah, why? He's not the reason they are about to go out in the second round.

I mean, yeah, we expected more from him, but not much. And it's not like we
    gave anything up to get him, except money.

ANYWAY, gonna take a miracle finish for the C's to win this game, as they
    decided not to show up for the start of the fourth quarter, and are down 17
    points with less than 8 minutes left. Pretty much sums up how this season has
    been going since the all-star break.

Truth is that with Garnett they would have given the Cav's a run for their money.....and then some......I don't think Orlando will.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Celts played out of their minds in the playoffs without Garnett. I mean who expected them to get to the 2nd round and go 7 games. I was expecting more from them tonight, but they just got spanked.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Orlando > Cleveland

Denver > Los Angeles

MELO vs LeBron vs K.O.B.E. vs Superman 2????

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Orlando > Cleveland

Did you SEE the Celtics team that Orlando needed 7 games to beat?

EC finals going more than 5 games is highly unlikely.