THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What a thriller........Faux Rillz, take notes on the science. 55% that Cavs/Lakers meet is exactly that.

SPIKE CHEERING ON THE LAKERS! YOU GO SPIKE.

That shit was hilarious. I wonder what Knicks' fans are thinking.

You catch ESPN doing a refocus move on Jack in back of Karl?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You catch ESPN doing a refocus move on Jack in back of Karl?

that was a great shot

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Ariza's steal was a bad inbound pass.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Michael Wilbon said it best though. This game was stolen from the Nuggets down the stretch.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ariza's steal was a bad inbound pass.

I agree, but Anthony Carter at 6'2" or whatever, shouldn't have been inbounding.

Martin commited a BAD foul.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Nuggets let that shit slip away.

Put themselves in position to steal game one and
    home court, and got sloppy at closing time.

Still - this series looks to be hott.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    George Karl is still an idiot.

Andrew Bynum wears a thong.

How the hell do you shoot 35 free throws and still lose ?

Carmelo is still Lil C.Webb.

Odom is gone after this year.

Adam Morrison will take Sasha's place next year.

Dahntay Jones guarding Kobe = lmao

Mark Jackson is annoying

I like Orlando in 7 now

Jerry West is a genius

Andrew Bynum wears a thong.

There goes the "How Their Bigs Play" Theory.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    that was a pretty good game. it's crazy how much stronger melo is than kobe-- just throws him around in the paint.
    a few things:
    -ariza's length bothered chauncey, who is more effective when he gets to blow by his defender and either lay-up or kick out. trouble is, he couldn't get around ariza.
    -sasha vujacic is absolutely worthless this post season, however, seeing shannon brown getting some playing time is a good look.
    -pau played like shit, except for the couple of blocks. dude was invisible on offense-- can't bang w/ denvers bigs
    -once jackson adjusts to get pau more touches further from the hoop, he'll be creative enough to move closer, score and become an offensive contributor.
    -jr smith was off all night, i wouldn't be comfortable with that as a lakers fan, he wont continue to do that.
    -kobe is one tech away from a game suspension now, and it's quite obvious that the physical nature of these games will get to him-- not saying that it will shut him down offensively (last night proved he can still go off, even if 12 of his 40 were charity), but i could easily see him bitching about a call and getting teed, esp. when they go to denver.
    -george karl was f*cking HEATED in that post game conference... i want to know what that was about.
    -that reach in foul that swung the game by putting kobe on the line and taking away denvers two for one opportunity in the final minute was a clean steal.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Mark Jackson is annoying
    everything he says is an attempt at coining a new catch phrase that he alone will use. it's awful.

-that reach in foul that swung the game by putting kobe on the line and taking away denvers two for one opportunity in the final minute was a clean steal.

homecourt advantage

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Mark Jackson is annoying
    everything he says is an attempt at coining a new catch phrase that he alone will use. it's awful.

Somebody should hit him with a brick the next time he says, "Mama, there goes that man again!"

I think Kobe needs TWO more technicals to get suspended, no?

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    i like mark jackson. he was hilarious during the rockets vs. lakers series when he said that scola is like that old dude at the ymca that keeps schooling you and you can't figure out why... comedy. no where near as bad as reggie miller, who is the WORST!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Lakers-Nuggs series will be entertaining, but after last night's debacle I have given up the idea that Denver has a chance. They just aren't smart enough to get it done down the stretch.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I like Orlando in 7 now

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I may have to eat my words

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wow I was gonna go to bed after the first quarter, expecting an easy Cavs win. Orlando now leading for the first time.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damn, 2 great conference finals in the making!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ashame my homie delonte couldnt get it in

still, go cavs! (in 6)

That was a much better finish than the Nuggets-Lakers game. Both series look to be exciting.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    whatsup joel?

i'm not very hopeful for the nuggets. not enough experience and killer instinct...yet. when the games on the line, kobe is going to throw daggers. but i'd like to see the nuggs win.

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    i am very disappointed in the way the cavs reverted back to watching lebron in the 2nd half. they really should not have let the magic back in this game.

Homecourt Advantage eradicated.

Amazing. I caught about the first 2/3rds at a bar in Long Beach but then had to hop the freeway home and missed the end of the game (ESPN radio is real wack out here for some reason) but shit man, you would have thought the Cavs had this on wrap based on the first half, especially with Lebron hitting jumper after jumper. That 3/4 shot at the end of first was ridic! But damn, the Magic really did the damn thing.

They reverted back to LeBoring.

Someone else on that Cavs team has to break out.

I dont want that bullshit in the Finals. I want a team effort.

That said, Orlando had to play catch up. NAGL.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That said, Orlando had to play catch up. NAGL.

Kinda harsh to NAGL a team that steals game 1 against the top seed.

whatsup joel?

i'm not very hopeful for the nuggets. not enough experience and killer instinct...yet. when the games on the line, kobe is going to throw daggers. but i'd like to see the nuggs win.

Yeah, that's my feeling. The Nuggest just can't finish going after last nights collapse.