THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Los Angeles Lakers > Utah Jazz - in 6 - I cant sleep on Sloan.Portland Trailblazers > Houston Rockets - in 6 - Roy is my dude.Denver Nuggets > New Orleans Hornets - in 6 - Melo better kill shit.Dallas Mavericks > San Antonio Spurs - in 7 - Spurs could smack a bitch.Cleveland Cavaliers > Detroit Pistons - in 6 - the last gasp for Motor-City.Miami Heat > Atlanta Hawks - in 7 - Good-Ass matchup!Boston Celtics > Chicago Bulls - in 7 - Bulls could pull an upset, but 2 young.Orlando Magic > Philadelphia 76ers - in 7 - Im watchin this shit!I dont wanna see a Garnett-less Celtics face the Lakers in the Finals.Lebron vs K.O.B.E. is the common prediction.Private Mind Garden Finals - Portland vs. Orlando.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Batmon is right on the money with these picks.

Upsets in the East are likely.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I dont wanna see a Garnett-less Celtics face the Lakers in the Finals.

Even as a die hard Celtics fan, I'll say you won't. No way are the Celtics taking Cleveland in a 7 game series without home court advantage and without KG. I'd be mad, but I actually really like LeBron as a player and a dude. On the flipside, f*ck everything about the Lakers!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I used to "hatt" the Lakers & LeBoring but that's really the only two teams w/ real drama if they meet in the Finals.

Unless Wade & Them somehow show some new shit.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Trailblazers will win it all.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Los Angeles Lakers > Utah Jazz - in 5 - Utah, like New Orleans, hasn't found the rhythm this year that has made them dominant in the past. the jazz have been looking lost lately (lost to golden state in utah-- gs had 7 players. 7.)

Portland Trailblazers > Houston Rockets - in 5 - maybe even a sweep. ron artest shouldn't be anyone's main offensive threat. yao's a beast, but he'll get fronted in the post by legit bigs and be shut down.

Denver Nuggets > New Orleans Hornets - in 6 - Melo better kill shit -- agreed.

Dallas Mavericks < San Antonio Spurs - in 7 - probably, even without ginobli. if there's a way both teams could be eliminated at the same time, it should be explored for the good of the L. either way, no texas teams make it past round two this season.

Cleveland Cavaliers > Detroit Pistons - in 4 - show of dominance. i don't even think i care to watch this series.

Miami Heat < Atlanta Hawks - in 6 - it will be the backcourt. wade/jj cancel each other out-- bibby has lost a step, but still plays smarter than quinn/head

Boston Celtics > Chicago Bulls - in 5 - Bulls are the lowest performing 7 seed i've seen in a while-- they had a nice little run @ the end of the season, but it ends quickly here.

Orlando Magic ? Philadelphia 76ers - I have no clue. philly's up and down performances all year and orlando's recent depths of suckitude. tough to call.

Finals: Lebron vs K.O.B.E.

PMG Finals - Portland vs. Atlanta.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts

Private Mind Garden Finals - Portland vs. Orlando.

Yes, that would be a great finals. If this went down, how would you call it? I'm thinking the Magic's chances are as good as any other team.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I dont wanna see a Garnett-less Celtics face the Lakers in the Finals.

Even as a die hard Celtics fan, I'll say you won't. No way are the Celtics taking Cleveland in a 7 game series without home court advantage and without KG. I'd be mad, but I actually really like LeBron as a player and a dude. On the flipside, f*ck everything about the Lakers!

BRING IT ON, BITCHES.

You know the NBA is f*cking praying for a LeBron/Kobe finals (read: watch for some funny officiating

Seriously though, Lakers/Utah in 6? You think Utah is going to take 2 off the Lakers? C'mon now.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    This years playoffs is so badass. If its like lastyear the bottom seeds and young teams will be fun to watch. Look forward to watching the Bulls, Sixers, and Hawks. Josh is my dude on Atlanta.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Lakers/Celtics in the finals again. Lakers will win in 6.

• No way Celts make the finals sans KG.

the C's can't catch a break right now.
    not that i really want them to, but this sucks.
    Danny Ainge hospitalized after minor heart attack

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    No way Celts make the finals sans KG.

DAMN.

Orlando's won 2 out of 3 against Cleveland....could get interesting in the East.

In the meantime, Jazz vs Lakers is gonna be boring as hell.

• Just don't see it... Cavs were the better team in regular season.

Cavs now have, 1) home court advantage, and 2) KG is out.

Not to mention that they were the better team throughout?

Cavs from the East.

• Jim Beam wrote a bunch of bullshit.

who loves ya dunny?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LAKERS V CAVS FINAL WITH CAVS WINNING

DEALTH

• Mavs take out the Spurs w/ ease, Denver slightly less so, then the Fakers, then LeBron. Make-good for the 06 Job-Out.

PEACE.

FIRST ROUND EXIT FOR DORK. IT IS HAPPENING. MAYBE HE CAN GO ON ANOTHER VISION QUEST IN AUSTRALIA, THE LAST ONE SEEMS TO HAVE HELPED.

LAKERS V CAVS FINAL WITH CAVS WINNING

DEALTH

Now you're on to "WITNESS CHALK HANDCLAPS IN YO EYEZ DEALTH"?

(Insert eyeroll graemlin)

• No KG ruins this shit for me.

but still, F*ck the Lakers.

FIRST ROUND EXIT FOR DORK. IT IS HAPPENING. MAYBE HE CAN GO ON ANOTHER VISION QUEST IN AUSTRALIA, THE LAST ONE SEEMS TO HAVE HELPED.

I wish I understood the hate for Dork.

• FIRST ROUND EXIT FOR DORK. IT IS HAPPENING. MAYBE HE CAN GO ON ANOTHER VISION QUEST IN AUSTRALIA, THE LAST ONE SEEMS TO HAVE HELPED.

He's the poster boy for all these nouveau-NBA-poseur-bloggeur types to hate on. They can disassociate from their own whiteness through it.

All the dude has done is dominate in the L for a decade now.

Hating on Dirk Nowitzki in '09 is like being called out on Soulstrut for calling somebody a fag in '04. Both NAGL.

He's the poster boy for all these nouveau-NBA-poseur-bloggeur types to hate on. They can disassociate from their own whiteness through it.

BINGO!!

• NBA Threads in the 09: It's not about where I been, it's about where I'm going.

Not researched, uneducated guesses:

Los Angeles Lakers > Utah Jazz - in FIVE

Portland Trailblazers > Houston Rockets - in 6

Denver Nuggets > New Orleans Hornets - FIVE

SAN ANTONIO SPURS > Dallas Mavericks - in SEVEN

Cleveland Cavaliers > Detroit Pistons - SWEEP

ATLANTA HAWKS > Miami Heat - in 6

Boston Celtics > Chicago Bulls - in FIVE

Orlando Magic > Philadelphia 76ers - in FIVE

• I like Dirk.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

BINGO!!

Dominate???

Dude. Your boy can BARELY break the playoffs.

Come on now.

YOUR BOY IS BARELY > TRACY MCGRADY

JET > DORK

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    His "dominance" is over. Just because his numbers are still good doesnt mean shit. Teams arent scurred of Dallas anymore. Its a wrap.

So they beat the old Spurs...and?

It will only be a story if they get to the WC Finals.

If not,its the same old shit. Good/great Player - mediocre team that needs a some NEW swagger. This is still the same culture that went to the Finals.

The Jason Kidd experiment hasnt made them elite.

Bitchin about Dallas is like talmbout Hipsters. Yawn.

Its clearly The Lakers that are on some hungry shit.
    W/ Portland on the come up and Denver gelling at the right time w/ out a dominant big man.