NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    David West just put a big time shot down on the Cavs with 0.6 left!

I still have no idea how far N.O. gets in the playoffs.

They're bound to be scurred to a degree. Lets see who they draw in the first round.

Chris Webber in the Hall Of Fame?

Reggie gets in w/out a Championship. So?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Chris Webber in the Hall Of Fame?

Reggie gets in w/out a Championship. So?

Nope

Upon further thought I've changed my mind.....Yes

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yuki: still taking Deron over Chris Paul?

Still wanna talk that follishness about "Chris Paul lacks a killer instinct"?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Saturday: Nuggets/Warriors may be one of the biggest games left in the season. I was really hoping Portland would surprise everybody and off the Dubs last night, no such luck. Nugs/Warriors play two times still, but right now Denver is a half game down and would go a half game up and be back in the playoffs with a win tomorrow night. Shit is heating up.

And damn, JR Smith really has been ballin' his ass off lately. And I swear AI had a dunk on a breakaway last night. Always fun to see the guy get up like that.

Saturday: Nuggets/Warriors may be one of the biggest games left in the season. I was really hoping Portland would surprise everybody and off the Dubs last night, no such luck. Nugs/Warriors play two times still, but right now Denver is a half game down and would go a half game up and be back in the playoffs with a win tomorrow night. Shit is heating up.

No Brandon Roy.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    David West just put a big time shot down on the Cavs with 0.6 left!

I still have no idea how far N.O. gets in the playoffs.

As a young team they could go out in the first round depending upon who they play. I predict second round and then out.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

No Brandon Roy.

That's why I said I hoped they would "surprise everybody". It wouldn't be a surprise with Roy in the game. Maybe Baron really is getting the flu and he won't play tomorrow or something. Kills me in fantasy, but works for the Nuggets.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

No Brandon Roy.

As a Portland fan I am actually kind of glad that B. Roy will be sitting out some games. He has proven to be injury prone, and we don't really have a chance at the playoffs this season. He could sit things out D. Wade style and be fresh for next season, when we are going to make serious moves in the West.

No Brandon Roy.

As a Portland fan I am actually kind of glad that B. Roy will be sitting out some games. He has proven to be injury prone, and we don't really have a chance at the playoffs this season. He could sit things out D. Wade style and be fresh for next season, when we are going to make serious moves in the West.

Nah dude. The young cats need ANY playoff EXP they can get. Even if you get embarressed in the first round, they get the feel for how the level of play increases. They can bring this w/ them next year and not be a deer caught in headlights.

No Brandon Roy.

Nah dude. The young cats need ANY playoff EXP they can get. Even if you get embarressed in the first round, they get the feel for how the level of play increases. They can bring this w/ them next year and not be a deer caught in headlights.

I mean there is no real chance to even make the playoffs this year. There is a theoretical chance if we win out every remaining game and one of the current bottom seeds nosedives in the standings. I agree that getting some playoff experience is invaluable, but it just ain't gonna happen.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Damn less than 10 games left in the regular. Yall are slipping like a wheat thin on Faux Rillz dome.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    KOBE

• NBA thread = why must I cry?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Anyone else watching this Nugs at Suns game? DEFINITION OF PLAYOFF INTENSITY. Nash is workin' them after he got hit in the face.

SUNS WILL WORK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    NBA thread = why must I cry?

Well - be inspired anew:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This was a very good trade for Phoenix ...They remain competitive and everybody is happy.

This was a very good trade for Phoenix ...They remain competitive and everybody is happy.

Indeed, the Suns post trade are now officially =

!BALLLINNNN' (with the shaqtus remix!)!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Still not understanding why anybody would have thought it wasn't a good trade. Marion is a good player but c'mon a broken down Shaq is goin to be more effective than him allday. Now Amare doesn't have to play center with Shaq out there and he is KILLING it. Don't know if the Suns will go to the finals but they have a better chance with Shaq than without him. More importantly as a lifelong laker hater it would be great to see Phx put them out!!

Still not understanding why anybody would have thought it wasn't a good trade. Marion is a good player but c'mon a broken down Shaq is goin to be more effective than him allday. Now Amare doesn't have to play center with Shaq out there and he is KILLING it. Don't know if the Suns will go to the finals but they have a better chance with Shaq than without him. More importantly as a lifelong laker hater it would be great to see Phx put them out!!

Amen, I was a little hesitant about it at first but "genius" Steve Kerr was right: the simple logic from the start was that you don't need a 5 man fast break, and the Suns were in dire need of a true big to rebound and take over the post so Amare could do his thing. The last 4 games he's averaged 30/10, killer MVP numbers indeed.

It's all coming together at the right time for the Suns, watch out KOBE AND TIMMY. I think the teams that the Suns have to be most concerned about are the ones that present matchup problems like the Hornets, Pistons, and Celts.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

The skepticism was due to Shaq's production w/ the Miami Heat.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

The skepticism was due to Shaq's production w/ the Miami Heat.

Clearly he was tanking it though. Dude saw the team 30 games under .500 and said fuck it.

Isiah Thomas finally out as Knicks president

Finally, sweet Jayzus! Will it make a difference? Or does the team need to be sold to some halfway intelligent ownership before the ship will be righted. Its kind of sad that an assclown like James Dolan gets to run the Knicks, which can make money in spite of being run so poorly. A smaller market team would have already folded under his management.

Isiah Thomas finally out as Knicks president

Finally, sweet Jayzus! Will it make a difference? Or does the team need to be sold to some halfway intelligent ownership before the ship will be righted. Its kind of sad that an assclown like James Dolan gets to run the Knicks, which can make money in spite of being run so poorly. A smaller market team would have already folded under his management.

As much as im dear to Donny Walsh, the Knicks are still fucked up.

Don Nelson
    Larry Brown
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Isiah Thomas
    Lenny Wilkins

How many Hall Of Fame muthafuckas are they run through.

And Pat Riley left in a huff as well.

Don Nelson
    Larry Brown
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Isiah Thomas
    Lenny Wilkins

Riley and Van Gundy were successes in NY, and the jury is still out on Nelson. Brown, Thomas and Wilkins had one unfortunate thing in common: Isiah Thomas was the team prez.

Don Nelson
    Larry Brown
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Isiah Thomas
    Lenny Wilkins

Riley and Van Gundy were successes in NY, and the jury is still out on Nelson. Brown, Thomas and Wilkins had one unfortunate thing in common: Isiah Thomas was the team prez.

Isiah was hired when Van Gundy left?

Don Nelson
    Larry Brown
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Isiah Thomas
    Lenny Wilkins

Isiah was hired after Van Gundy had already fled the sinking ship. Van Gundy and Scott Layden didn't see eye to eye. I can't remember who was the next coach after Herb Williams enjoyed one of his several stints as "assistant coach who is keeping the seat warm and will never be a head coach." I'm thinking it was Lenny Wilkins.

• Don Nelson
    Larry Brown
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Isiah Thomas
    Lenny Wilkins

Isiah was hired after Van Gundy had already fled the sinking ship. Van Gundy and Scott Layden didn't see eye to eye. I can't remember who was the next coach after Herb Williams enjoyed one of his several stints as "assistant coach who is keeping the seat warm and will never be a head coach." I'm thinking it was Lenny Wilkins.

how could you forget the glorious don chaney era

Don Nelson
    Larry Brown
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Isiah Thomas
    Lenny Wilkins

how could you forget the glorious don chaney era

My bad. So many beautiful memories, they all run together.