NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• There have been a few college teams in the past that could fuck w/ some NBA steez. The Florida squad you mentioned might be worthy. They were damn talented.

LJ/Anthony/Hunt/Augmon/Ackles were pretty sick. I'd give them a fighting chance.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LIKE I SAID DUDES.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS AN NBA VS COLLEGE THING.

GO BACK TO GENEP'S EMBRASSING COMMENT ABOUT CURRENT-DAY HEAT
    CAPABLE OF RUNNING THROUGH THE NCAA TOURNAMENT WITH EASE.

THIS IS THE POINT I WOULD LIKE TO EMPHASIZE.

ALL CAPS BITCH. DON'T MAKE ME USE BOLD FONT.

I'M TRYING TO SHOW YALL THE LIGHT!!!

BUT YALL ARE TRYING TO BLOCK IT OUT WITH
    YOUR GUCCI (NBA) FRAMES.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Miami

Jason Williams/Marcus Banks - PG
    Dorell Wright/Deaquan Cook/Ricky Davis - SG
    The Matrix - SF
    Adonis Haslem - PF
    Earl Barron/Mark Blout - C

Pat Rilet - Coach

vs.

Any NCAA team now.

• LIKE I SAID DUDES.

I tell you what Yuki. I respect the opinions of the heads in this thread.

Who should be more embarassed by their take?

You sound like you started watching bball 5 years ago, holmes.

LIKE I SAID DUDES.

I tell you what Yuki. I respect the opinions of the heads in this thread.

Who should be more embarassed by their take?

You sound like you started watching bball 5 years ago, holmes.

This is yet another embarrassing response.

Now I see why FP does not take you seriously.

Miami

Jason Williams/Marcus Banks - PG
    Dorell Wright/Deaquan Cook/Ricky Davis - SG
    The Matrix - SF
    Adonis Haslem - PF
    Earl Barron/Mark Blout - C

Pat Rilet - Coach

vs.

Any NCAA team now.

I fold. There's no use with this particular private mind garden battle.

All the NCAA tournament games are online and free right now.
    Live

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yuki. dude. shutup.
    seriously.
    you don't know what you are talking about.

the current heat lineup would smoke any college team in the nation. this is not subjective. this is a statement of fact.

• What is FP?

To hear you talking about being taken seriously is high-comedy. Grown folks comedy.

I am pretty sure I can ball up JimBeam and Genep at the same time. LOL "This is a statement of fact."

I'd like to see what Rock or PhillyPhil gotta say about this one.

"Heat will take the NCAA tourney by storm!"

haha. still laughint at that.

• I am pretty sure I can ball up JimBeam and Genep at the same time. LOL "This is a statement of fact."

I wouldn't argue this, completely unrelevant, point.

the current heat lineup would smoke any college team in the nation.

^^^^Got a thing for dudes with rows and tats.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This coincidentally is the first year I've watched any of the big college games. The best college teams have far superior team chemistry and execution than the bottom tier NBA squads.

Anyway, I doubt many of you have watched enough NCAA games to make that call though.

How can YOU make that call, saying this is the first year you've watched any of the big college games...when the biggest college games of the year have yet to happen?

I'm pretty sure that also means other folks in this thread probably have more NCAA knowledge and perspective than you do.

In the regular season dude.

LOL, regular season NCAA games are really meaningless.

You see that sort of assumption the pros can make. Not you, a casual fan.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I am pretty sure I can ball up JimBeam and Genep at the same time. LOL "This is a statement of fact."

A WORKING IS IMMINENT, SON.

This Dallas/Boston shit is goin' to the wire.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This Dallas/Boston shit is goin' to the wire.

TEXAS TRIANGLE SWEEP?

• I don't see how those weren't fouls on Dirk at the end there. Reggie is talking about "no contact" while #5 has his left arm implanted on Dirk.

Great contest though. C's defense is suffocating. Sucks to be the Mavs right now.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    NOLA just slowed the Celtics' roll.

Great game, though. Tight.

My sorry Pacers are tied w/ New Jersey for the 9th spot. Im trying to see a Boston/Indiana first round matchup. Evn though id like to see Atlanta get in.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I hope Dirk's injury isn't as bad as it looked. I was cringing at every replay.

b/w

GINOBILI!

Rondo

Rondo skated as a kid while growing up in Louisville, Ky. But it wasn't until the movies "Roll Bounce" (2005) and "ATL" (2006) arrived, which featured rhythmic roller skating, that he became interested again.

Two years ago, Rondo started skating in the offseason with friends back home in Louisville for as long as three hours at a time. He has watched "Roll Bounce" and "ATL" countless times to help pick up tricks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Rondo

Rondo skated as a kid while growing up in Louisville, Ky. But it wasn't until the movies "Roll Bounce" (2005) and "ATL" (2006) arrived, which featured rhythmic roller skating, that he became interested again.

Two years ago, Rondo started skating in the offseason with friends back home in Louisville for as long as three hours at a time. He has watched "Roll Bounce" and "ATL" countless times to help pick up tricks.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

HI.

HI.

WE GOTTA A NEWJACK UP IN THIS MUTHAFUCKAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill trade my American Spirits for him.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    NBA fam, I'm back for a week.

OK, so my Nuggets have been killing me this season. They still might make the playoff, but all in all, I'm pretty let down with the way the season has gone, despite having the best record in however many years. 9th place in the conference ain't getting it done. If the Nuggets don't make the playoffs, or if they just get handled in the first round like usual, here are things I think are worth considering for the summer:

New head coach, bye bye George. You don't coach, you just collect checks and tell them everything will be OK.

Sign & Trade Iverson. Love ya AI, but you add to the chaos. There's too much other talent on this team for you to dominate the ball as much as you do.

Trade Camby. Love ya Camby, but you're old and you won't be worth shit in a year or two, and then we have no Center and even less of a defensive presence.

Trade Nene. 77 games in three years. $60mil contract. The fuck out of here. If they can find somebody willing to take that on, by all means...

Trade Atkins. Came to the Nuggets, was injured preseason, injured again after 10 games. Enough is enough. Dump these injury-proned players!

Pick up a 1st round draft pick (Shooting guard, maybe).

Pick up 2 good bigs (either a combo of a true Center and a PF/C type, a couple PF/C types, or a PF/C and a SF/PF type).

Pick up an actual starting point guard. A good one. One who can run the team on the court.

Lineups would be somethin' like:

-pg-
    JR
    Melo
    Kmart
    -big1-

bench:

Carter
    Atkins/LK/rookie SG
    LK
    Najera/-big2-
    -big2-

Wishful thinking. I don't know who I would even look at in terms of bigs and point guards out there. Andre Miller would be a great guy to get back on this team. David Lee from the Knicks could be a solid PF/C off the bench. Starting Center is a tough one though. We'll see if Stan does naything at all this summer.

well its safe to say Kidd isnt workin out in Dallas. W/ Dork out maybe Dallas will open up the offense and let Kidd improvise. This will be a true test to his leadership. They are now less dependant on Dork. Howard has to step up for real.

Walsh is leaving Indiana totally to Larry Bird. I dont know if this is good. These ex-Celtics suck donkey dick in terms of managing teams. And dont even try to throw Ainge into the mix because of the Garnett assist from Mchale.
    Donnie will be missed. He had the Pacers in the playoffs for most of his tenure.

So now the Suns are the new HOT team this week. Fuckin Rockets a just a damm 6th seed after their historic run. WTF?

I had Denver as my WestCoast Rep in the Finals. It aint over yet.
    If Dallas starts to smell, maybe Denver can move up some slots.
    They still have no low post presence.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Derek Fisher = bitchassedness