NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• man i'm really hoping Donny's gonna be the answer but i also feel like as long as Dolan's in charge we're stuck..

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    man. games like last night make me miss this guy being a W

the w's look tired.
    (don nelson is looking really tired on the sidelines. whoever planted that highly contagious flu bug in the W's locker room had perfect timing.)

• Beam, that's funny you mention that because we saw B Wright make a brief appearance last night. I could not help but wonder how much better GSt. would be if they still had J-Rich.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I BELIEVE.......yall aint makin they playoffs.

Beam, that's funny you mention that because we saw B Wright make a brief appearance last night. I could not help but wonder how much better GSt. would be if they still had J-Rich.

he was definitely a 'glue-guy' on the roster. At this point last year, Jackson and the beard hadn't played a full season together, and when either of them was having an off-night, JRich would step up and put 25-12 up. So when there were nights like last night when Ellis and Baron were the only ones putting up shots (jackson's 3-pt attempts were ugly, and Nellie benched him the second time he tried to back someone down in the post and failed) JRich would have been able to come through and at least keep the game close enough for some 4th quarter beard heroics.
    I think Azibuike could fill that role, (swingman that gets around the rim and drops a 3 at >35%, he just needs more PT, and as a second year d-league call up, that's never gonna happen on a Don Nelson team where the starter isn't injured.

the dubs starters have been playing like shit these last few games. totally inconsistent. S Jackson called out Pietrus in the press a few days ago for not coming back from his wimp-injury aka: being french in the NBA. It's been a mess.

give B.Wright a couple years. Dude will look like another Ellis that can rebound better and swat a shot from time to time. He needs to put about 20lbs on up top. (kid can GET UP though, right?)

playoffs are looking like a stretch, unless Denver starts Frickin' up real bad, but it looks like they've hit their stride. My hope a few weeks ago was to see GSW, Denver, Houston, PHX, LAL and Portland make the playoffs, but doesn't look like it will happen for a couple of those teams.

Just when i ve seen it all, Don Nelson puts Azibiuke at Center......

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'M BACK MOTHERFUCKERS (IN CALI). IT'S PAST MIDNIGHT (TOKYO TIME), SO I'M ABOUT TO KNOCK OUT AND BATTLE YOU GUYS WHEN I WAKE UP. I'LL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT, JET LAG AIN'T NO JOKE.

GET READY.......

I'M BACK MOTHERFUCKERS (IN CALI). IT'S PAST MIDNIGHT (TOKYO TIME), SO I'M ABOUT TO KNOCK OUT AND BATTLE YOU GUYS WHEN I WAKE UP. I'LL BE AWAKE ALL NIGHT, JET LAG AIN'T NO JOKE.

GET READY.......

CHECK BALL!!!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You can say what you want about the Mavs this year and there really isn't much to dispute ......they will be lucky to make the playoffs and wiil probably not get out of the second round, if that.

But if anyone still claims Dirk is soft they don't have a clue about what they're saying.

And I'll go as far as saying you won't find too many guys tougher than him in the league.

Someone who watched todays game against the Suns please testify that this dude is tough....out there with an injury outplaying his entire team....carrying them on his back.

• You can say what you want about the Mavs this year and there really isn't much to dispute ......they will be lucky to make the playoffs and wiil probably not get out of the second round, if that.

But if anyone still claims Dirk is soft they don't have a clue about what they're saying.

And I'll go as far as saying you won't find too many guys tougher than him in the league.

Someone who watched todays game against the Suns please testify that this dude is tough....out there with an injury outplaying his entire team....carrying them on his back.

Here, here.

Watch out for the Mavs if they do make the playoffs. That's a veteran squad and I think we have good matchups against a lot of teams.

The Mavs are being overlooked right now,and thats tahe perfect position for them.

Come from behind w/out the burden.

As far a Dork is concerned the Jury is still out.Dude has to overcome the critique and then when he leads them to the next level.....take it to the mthafuckin hole Batch!!!

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    The Mavs may make a little noise, but they thinned out their bench so much that they'll run out of gas in the second round.

The Mavs may make a little noise, but they thinned out their bench so much that they'll run out of gas in the second round.
    that is, if they make the first.
    they've beaten a warrior team that is sucking ass lately, and the suns. that's about it for teams over .500
    i'm not convinced. i think most of the majors out west could snuff them out in five games, easy.

a lakers/mavs series would be fun to watch though.

• The Mavs may make a little noise, but they thinned out their bench so much that they'll run out of gas in the second round.

they've beaten a warrior team that is sucking ass lately, and the suns. that's about it for teams over .500
    i'm not convinced. i think most of the majors out west could snuff them out in five games, easy.

BITTER MUCH?

I think we could take Nola, H-town. Maybe Phoenix. Maybe SAS. Lakers, with Bynum would probably roll us.

Watch out for the Vets mang.

BITTER MUCH?

I think we could take Nola, H-town. Maybe Phoenix. Maybe SAS. Lakers, with Bynum would probably roll us.

i'm not bitter at all, actually.
    if the dubs don't make the playoffs, it's their own fault.
    the mavs haven't played great or consistently since the jkidd trade-- or at least not to the level that the trade was supposed to have allowed them play at.
    do we really need to look at the boxscores of mavs vs. good opponents to prove this point?

if you scurred, say you scurred.

The Dream,Patrick Ewing,Pat Riley in the Hall Of Fame.

Congrats.

• I got nothing but hopes. I know we're mediocre. I still think we'd be mediocre if we hadn't made the trade, maybe even moreso. The fringe pieces outside of our "big 3" don't have the edge they used to, and we're too old and not super well-coached.

I think Dallas is the darkhorse of the playoffs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I got nothing but hopes. I know we're mediocre. I still think we'd be mediocre if we hadn't made the trade, maybe even moreso. The fringe pieces outside of our "big 3" don't have the edge they used to, and we're too old and not super well-coached.

I think the trade is turning out to be for the better. They look a lot more competitive with this line-up. J Kidd looks re-energized. Dude is running up and down the court like a 20 year old.

• I think Dallas is the darkhorse of the playoffs.

Exactly. If dudes like JKidd, JET, STack, DGeorge and Eddie Jones find that sort of "playoff next level", then you might see something besides the team that keeps losing close games to good teams.

Or you might see a team that's too old. As great as NOLA continues to look, I wouldn't mind seeing them b/c of their relative playoff inexperience. Might be fool's gold.

Jason Kidd's playoff exp is gonna be crazy valuable to Dallas this time around.

Now Dork has to get his post game up.

• Jason Kidd's playoff exp is gonna be crazy valuable to Dallas this time around.

I'm not trying to start this whole conversation again, but I dunno why you keep coming back to that. I reckon he'll be hurt the rest of this year, and besides, he's obviously never gonna get there. Luckily his stumbling, awkward, off-the-wrong-foot game is still tight.

Josh mother-frickin' Howard is the dude we need to drive more at the end of games. Dude is in love w/ his mid-range game.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• Besides, the things that make Dirk not a good post-player are the things that make him tough to guard. He's agile, not a bruiser. A mismatch for most 4s and some 3s.

He has gotten somewhat better at taking advantage when smaller guards get matched up on him.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I can see it now....Juwan Howard and Eddie Jones carry the Mavs to the Promised Land.

Devean George and Tyronn Lue mad slept on yo.

Stackhouse's Last Stand !