Philly looked hungry as f**k tonight.

C's got used to teams folding up the tent when
    being down by double digits in the fourth, but
    the Sixers just turned it on and the green went
    cold in the clutch. 19-0 run with under 8 minutes
    left nailed it down. Oof. Props to Philly, though -
    they are on a hell of a run, beating all the best
    teams down the stretch.

Celtics better wake up for the Suns and the Nola rematch.

Bench minutes are cool and all, but losing streaks to close
    out the season are definitely not.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    STILL GOT THE SWAG IN JAPAN BITCHES.

Looks like I missed some crazy action against the Dubs. Sweet revenge in Oaktown! Take that motherfuckers.

LA all day. I miss watching games.......

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yooch, you're in Japan??

Go see the Sox game tonight!

Are you anywhere near there?

POST FROM THE SOX GAME OR UR SOFT!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yooch, you're in Japan??

Go see the Sox game tonight!

Are you anywhere near there?

POST FROM THE SOX GAME OR UR SOFT!

Yup. Just visiting for 10 days.

I am way drunk to do anything at this point.

Dice-K, dubbed the prodigal son is a hero
    right about now.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Derek Fisher = bitchassedness

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That call by the Ref in the Warriors-Lakers game has to be one of the worst I've ever seen. How can you call a foul in overtime when all those guys were bear hugging each other before the ball was even inbounded??? Then the refs on the opposite side who got a view of Fisher pulling Ellis down with him didn't say a word. I thought the games were suppose to be decided by the players. This is the most blatant example of a ref placing himself into a game and decided the outcome that I can remember.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This is the most blatant example of a ref placing himself into a game and decided the outcome that I can remember.

For real, and it really sucked because it was such a good, close game. I wanted to see which team would pull out the win. Instead, we got to see the refs decide which team was going to win. That's fuckin' wack.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

for those that didn't see it, 7 minute mark is where you'll find one of the worst calls in recent memory.

• I've noticed a lot of poor ref calls lately, both in the NBA and NCAAS and concerning teams I root for and those I could give a shit about.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Wow, that was a really terrible call. Being that it was deciding the game, that makes it a lot worse. As far as the call itself, I've seen far worse and more suspect calls this year already, but not any that decieed the outcome of the game like that.

Either way, I'll take a GS loss at this point, moves Denver a half game closer to the playoffs! Heh.

I know it's impossible to know for sure, but I really think two wins against the Lakers would've given GS potentially decisive momentum. right there in teh 8 spot; really coulda used this win (and sorta deserved it IMO).

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    my homie was hoopin last night
    had some clutch plays. had to tell him he did ok guarding kobe even though kobe was killin last night

K.A. has been on fire these last couple games. Very efficient minutes off the bench, and sticking well into the positive on the +/- statistic. Dude is money around the rim too, and I've been noticing much more consistency from him lately as far as hustling to the rim after the shot is up looking for the tip in or putback. Lots of second-chance shots and key boards have resulted from his effort, and I've also noticed Nelson more at ease with relying on him on the floor during crunch-time (which is hard to do when you're a rookie or second year player on a Nelson squad, see: B. Wright, M. Belinelli).

props to your homie, kobe's gonna get his 30ppg on anyone, but Azubuike was definitely making him work for his points these last couple of games-- that's saying quite a bit for a guy coming off the bench that normally sees 20mpg.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

for those that didn't see it, 7 minute mark is where you'll find one of the worst calls in recent memory.

home court advantage.......

Did yall know Fisher did that w/ out the commentator sayin it?

YES.

he's derek fisher. flop-fest. it's what he does. he even goes the extra mile with the euro-soccer fake injury on that one. it's egregious.

YES.

he's derek fisher. flop-fest. it's what he does. he even goes the extra mile with the euro-soccer fake injury on that one. it's egregious.

devil advocate:

Should he have not pulled him down while Ellis was fallin forward?

The ref didnt see it so how can you blame him when they dont use Intstant Replay?

Yeah Fisher was actin, but isnt that the game?

fisher is a bitch but the ref is who ruined this game.

to me, that looked like a phil jackson stunt (and a smart one) to hold the two best scorers as the ball was being inbounded-- kobe was draped all over baron too. if they got called for it, it puts GSW on the line, where they are HORRIBLE, and their best free-throw shooter was inbounding the ball.
    I don't think the plan was to pull Ellis to the floor, and Fisher admitted later that the way the call went surprised him too, (he anticipated the foul being called on him, thus, the fake injury theatrics.)

The ref didnt see it so how can you blame him when they dont use Intstant Replay?
    I put just as much blame on the ref standing next to S Jax inbounding the ball for watching the whole thing from a perfect angle and not changing the call.

there's a line between selling a foul and being on some derek fisher/raja bell/manu style bitchmade theatrics. their respective games lack integrity.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    So, if this was already posted, my apologies, but it looks like Webber is going to retire:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3311954

I always felt kinda' bad for Webber because people always made fun of him. From his botched "time-out" call in college all the way through his NBA career, it seemed that so many people hated on him.

I never saw him as a legend but I think he was a solid power forward and (as the link states) he did have some dope passes for a PF. To me, his main set-back was that people looked to him to be a team leader and he really wasn't (for the majority of his career). He never could close the deal on games where his team was behind and they all looked to him. Shit just look at how Bibby completely took control during those Kings playoff's a few seasons back. I'm sure there are tons of reasons to hate on Webber, I just didn't get into it, for some reason.

I've always had him as a solid six man on my All-Star Pot Head team. Think about how dope an All-Start team consisting of marijuana offenders would be...the line up would be mad deep. Sheed', Webber, White Chocolate, the list would go on forever.

Damn. I was really hopin he'd come off the bench for Golden State in the playoffs a give me a couple of good last looks against opposing bigmen.

Dude along w/ the other Fab Five helped jumpstart the new Hip Hop steez in the game.

Thanx for the memories Chris.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

ffwd to 4:15 for tha realness

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    ..........................4:15

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    rrgg looks like the Raps are gonna fall below .500 tonight.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

to me, that looked like a phil jackson stunt (and a smart one) to hold the two best scorers as the ball was being inbounded-- kobe was draped all over baron too. if they got called for it, it puts GSW on the line, where they are HORRIBLE, and their best free-throw shooter was inbounding the ball.
    I don't think the plan was to pull Ellis to the floor, and Fisher admitted later that the way the call went surprised him too, (he anticipated the foul being called on him, thus, the fake injury theatrics.)

I put just as much blame on the ref standing next to S Jax inbounding the ball for watching the whole thing from a perfect angle and not changing the call.

there's a line between selling a foul and being on some derek fisher/raja bell/manu style bitchmade theatrics. their respective games lack integrity.

The game itself, like most professional sports, is lacking integrity and getting worse by the day.

I watched one of the better teams in the league last week and every player on the team was constantly grabbing their opponents jerseys for the purpose of getting an advantage. It was very obvious that this was part of their gameplan. This isn't good defense, it's cheating, and no one seems to care.

Cheating has become part of the game and unfortunately, an accepted way of life.

A recent poll showed that most students don't think cheating in class or on tests is wrong and you can't convince me it's always been this way.

Steroids....no big deal......filming/stealing opponents gameplans and signals...just part of the game......I recognize that it's how sports have evolved, but I don't particularly care for it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    wow, that's totally fucked.

FLOPPING IS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    OMG Rajon Rondo just turned Steve Nash INSIDE-OUT

OMG Rajon Rondo just turned Steve Nash INSIDE-OUT

"MY ANKLES!!!!!!"

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    David West just put a big time shot down on the Cavs with 0.6 left!

I still have no idea how far N.O. gets in the playoffs.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts