NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I think Kobe should get it because of his play, but I think he has a better team than NO. Amare not shit before Shaq? No.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think Kobe should get it because of his play, but I think he has a better team than NO. Amare not shit before Shaq? No.

Dont take my Amare statement literally. Dude was playing well, but if he was an MVP candidate before Shaq, they wouldnt have made a trade for Shaq.

Amare's game has opened up because of Shaq's presence. Before that dude was your average All-Star F/C who is defensively Retarded.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I think Amare's problem is that he's on a team with other great players which seems to be a curse MVP-wise. Burgeoning team with one "My Ball!"-er seems like an easier win.

I think Amare's problem is that he's on a team with other great players which seems to be a curse MVP-wise. Burgeoning team with one "My Ball!"-er seems like an easier win.

Huh?

After Iverson there is no MVP that gets it w/out help.

Dork has Howard/Terry
    Nash has/had Martix & STAT
    Hakeem had Kenny Smith/Vernon Maxwell
    Barkely had K.J. & Thunder Dan
    Jordan had Pippen
    Larry Bird had Mchale/The Chief
    Garnett had Cassell/Sprewell....i think

Are u sayin if STAT went to a bum team he would make them the team w/ the most wins, have an incredible individual year, and be a championship contender?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Huh?

Dork has Howard/Terry
    Jordan had Pippen

Are u sayin if STAT went to a bum team he would make them the team w/ the most wins, have an incredible individual year, and be a championship contender?

Chris Paul

Huh?

Dork has Howard/Terry
    Jordan had Pippen

Chris Paul

David West was an All-Star this year and Tyson Chandler is a Monster.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Every year, the criteria for MVP selection seems to be different.

Nash got it, cuz he "made his teammates better."

Dirk got it, cuz he was "the best player on the team with the best record."

• The way I look at it, NOLA made hardly any significant changes in the offseason, save adding Peja. Yet they improved by leaps and bounds into a WC #1 seed contender. LAL only really got there after Memphis bent over for them. Look, I won't be mad if they give it to Kobe. He is definitely "due" and he has earned it. To my untrained eye, Chris Paul is "the most valuable" player. Lebron is #3.

Batmon, I'm going to need to see statistical evidence that CP has "not sustained in the last month". I'm not seeing it.

Batmon, I'm going to need to see statistical evidence that CP has "not sustained in the last month". I'm not seeing it.

Ok the last three games, I was exageratin'. His FG% has been suspect.

• REACHING.

I bet the vote will be real close between Paul and Kobe w/ everyone else distant. It really is a two-man race.

REACHING.

I bet the vote will be real close between Paul and Kobe w/ everyone else distant. It really is a two-man race.

Yeah, his last week numbers shouldnt play into the voting. Dude is nice.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    REACHING.

Yeah, his last week numbers shouldnt play into the voting. Dude is nice.

No doubt, it's a tight race. CHRIS PAUL IS NICE. Fast as hell and his moves are so damn sharp....Different kind of speed than a Tony Parker or Monta Ellis...

BUT

David West was an All-Star this year and Tyson Chandler is a Monster.

I was watching the Hornets game. The above statement is truth. Peja was like 6-10 from threes. You talk about spreading the floor. He does that. And Chandler was catching everything. EVERYTHING. He's the westcoast version of D Howard. You throw it up anywhere around the rim and he can throw it down.

Yet they improved by leaps and bounds into a WC #1 seed contender.

Besides they're #2 right now.

LAL only really got there after Memphis bent over for them.

x 100. You ever hear of Bynum and Ariza? They were actually a better team pre-Gasol. Gasol's defense is highly suspect.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    you've got to put this ariza-riding to bed. bynum-- fine. that kid is good, but ariza?
    5 ppg.
    no-impact bench-warmer, injury prone.
    deal.

you've got to put this ariza-riding to bed. bynum-- fine. that kid is good, but ariza?
    5 ppg.
    deal.

Ariza was nice with the Lakers before the injury.

5 ppg.
    deal.

Ariza was nice with the Lakers before the injury.

Exactly....I different look at the 3 position than Walton. Way better defender and can jump w/ the best of them. Perfect role player for that system.

He'd be off the bench if they were at full strength w/ Bynum at 5,Gasol at 4. and Odom at 3.

5 ppg.
    deal.

This is pretty embarrassing.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    5 ppg.
    deal.

agreed. dick-riding a 5ppg bench warmer is nagl for days.

5 ppg.
    deal.

agreed. dick-riding a 5ppg bench warmer is nagl for days.

HENRY ABBOTT ANAL RETENTIVENESS FOR DAYZ SON.

Meanwhile Micheal Beasly needs to up his vocab and MELO got arrested for DUI.

Meanwhile Micheal Beasly needs to up his vocab and MELO got arrested for DUI.

haha. oh shit. Melo shouldn't even be driving! Don't even have his own driver or something?!

I'm not sure why everyone thinks this was such a bad trade for Memphis...Pau wasn't going to work in Memphis playing the style they want to play.....Now they get 10 million to spend.....Two first round draft picks in one of the deepest drafts in years.......They have three young legit point guards,so they can package a trade with Mike Miller.....Not to mention they'll have two more first round picks next year.....They have Pau's younger brother who has been developing very nice in Spain .......If they play it right Memphis can be the next Portland....all from the Gasol trade ....The Laker offer was the best offer out there by far.........Maybe people would have been happier with a *insert Knick garbage* to Memphis trade.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks this was such a bad trade for Memphis...Pau wasn't going to work in Memphis playing the style they want to play.....Now they get 10 million to spend.....Two first round draft picks in one of the deepest drafts in years.......They have three young legit point guards,so they can package a trade with Mike Miller.....Not to mention they'll have two more first round picks next year.....They have Pau's younger brother who has been developing very nice in Spain .......If they play it right Memphis can be the next Portland....all from the Gasol trade ....The Laker offer was the best offer out there by far.........Maybe people would have been happier with a *insert Knick garbage* to Memphis trade.

I have no problem w/ the trade at all. Gasol wanted to be traded. LA wasnt a lock to go deep,so he helped them get better,and Memphis created cap room.

Pacers Done.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    sorry warriors

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

That's because Memphis could've done this deal with a team with a much worse record and got MUCH better draft picks. Trading with the Lakers assures them of picks at the end of the draft, which are almost always crap shots.

That's because Memphis could've done this deal with a team with a much worse record and got MUCH better draft picks. Trading with the Lakers assures them of picks at the end of the draft, which are almost always crap shots.

At this point do u think they should be adding more kids to the mix.

Mike Conley & Rudy Gay.....+ dont u think Gasol deserved to go to a playoff team?
    No really deserves anything,but dumping him w/ the Clippers seems foul.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

At this point do u think they should be adding more kids to the mix.

Mike Conley & Rudy Gay.....+ dont u think Gasol deserved to go to a playoff team?
    No really deserves anything,but dumping him w/ the Clippers seems foul.

Memphis is crap and they don't have that many good players. They need as many good picks as possible and to sign someone with their money. In that situation, you go for the best deal, not can they ship their star to a good team so he gets to play for a contender.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    sorry warriors

And the Warriors now are a footnote in NBA history: the winningest team not to make the postseason since the league expanded the playoffs to 16 teams in 1983-84

Nelson has a lot to answer for IMO.

Nelson has a lot to answer for IMO.

I don't really think Nelly is at fault. You can blame the system, but 48-33 is pretty damn decent, especially in the West. That would have easily made the playoffs in the East for example.....

This year was exceptionally tough....

HOWEVER, you just can not expect your team to win consistently, giving up 108/game (#1 in the NBA). You can score 110/game (also #1), but that's a slim 2 point differential......BASICALLY A COIN FLIP.

GS has some very nice athletes like Azubuike, Ellis, Jackson....if they played just as hard on the defensive end, you'd probably be seeing a tough playoff contender.