NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    You're such a class act.

I was minding my own business Mr. Mix ...

I don't remember going out of my way to call you irrelevent.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If that's supposed to be some kind of crack because
    I said on here that I was upset about my cat dying
    last week, you are really just showing what a pathetic
    asshole you are. But we already knew that - you're Ed
    Powers, the guy whose posts consist of "NO" "WRONG" and
    nothing more. Enjoy your real world moves, bitch.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I didn't realize there was beef in cat food??

• Buzzer beaters and last second shots aren't always "big shots"

Big Shots can only be made in big games

Early season Bobcat and Raptor games aren't big games

NO early season games are big games. Big games don't happen until it's make it or break it for the playoffs and beyond. Either way I disagree, a big shot is not synonymous with a big game. A game winner is the biggest shot you can make in any game, period.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Buzzer beaters and last second shots aren't always "big shots"

Big Shots can only be made in big games

Early season Bobcat and Raptor games aren't big games

NO regular[/b] season games are big games.

Fans of mediocre teams get excited about individual regular season wins.

Fans of shitty teams get excited about individual regular season plays.
    (See: Lakers/Knicks)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fuck The Cavaliers.

Sleepin on the BUCKS???

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I agree, I mean, they are the Eastern Conference Champions, whether you consider it a fluke or not. They are the team to beat. If they were in the Finals last year, you can't really count them out this year just yet.

exactly
    [hokey espn-like rant]

I'm not counting them out, just pointing out that last year, they were a terrible team that made it to the finals. They didn't make any significant off-season changes, and are thus, still a terrible team (although 4 weeks in, it looks like a completely different conference, catalyzed by the major moves in Boston.) They met an efficient western team and were swept in the finals last year. I predict a first round exit this season, but I could be wrong. LeBron needs some more help besides Gooden on that squad, especially in the back court.

I don't think that the Cavs of last year would have made the playoffs in the West (if they had, it would have been a first round exit.) I wouldn't call their successes last season a fluke so much as the result of periodic talent/power shifts between conferences.

I don't think they are really the "team to beat" in the East so far this season-- it's true they are the EC Champs, but everyone knows it was a pretty sorry EC last season. The teams to beat right now are the Magic and Celtics.

The Cavs have a powerhouse of a superstar, but rely on him to do too much. I'm simply amazed that formula has worked out so well for them so far, but success relying on the performance of one player is not sustainable.[/hokey espn-like rant]

A terrible team??? There record from last year speaks other wise.. you dont win 50 plus games as a terrible team and their record against west coast teams was respectable also.....

I will agree with you 100% on your last paragraph..it amazes me that really only having lebron and maybe two other some timey players was worked.. thats shit may burn LeBron out which would make that Batmon cat extremly happy.

Fuck The Cavaliers.

This is the best you came come up with...they beat your Pacers and the Celtics (whom I think you picked over the Cavs)......funny real funny...why are you soo salty?

Fuck The Cavaliers.

This is the best you came come up with...they beat your Pacers and the Celtics (whom I think you picked over the Cavs)......funny real funny...why are you soo salty?

Let give you my gripe.

My problem is w/ the hype machine and the fans who fall for it. They are not that good dude. Last year's Win/Loss total doesnt tell the whole story. Ive said this a bunch of times. The East was in Transition last year and they took advantage of this climate. They showed you who they really were in the Finals - an overachieving team that relies on James' heroics.

The Celtics still have yet to become the team that theyre gonna become.
    The Pacers are in a new system as well.
    So those wins arent any real achievement.
    The Cavs are the same culture since last year minus a very integral bench contributer in Varejo.

And I didnt pich the Celtics over the Cavs. I'm just glad the NBA has put the King James/Cavs hype machine to the back burner and has focused on another bullshit hype machine... The Big 3 myth.

It sells tickets......but that's the extent of it.

• "big 3" = myth
    lebron = truth

"big 3" = myth
    lebron = truth

LeBoring is nice, but im not sold on the Cavs brand of Basketball. He still needs help.

• Would you view the Cavs differently if they added, say, a J. Kidd, and dumped Larry Hughes with Gibson as the bench PG and maybe some defensive adjustments?

• it seems like i say this every season, but it's scary to think what lebron could do with a real front office backing him up. if you've watched lebron play at all this year you know how much he's improving. this man is on his way to becoming one of the best to ever do it and if you can't see that then i just can't help you

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I'm already sick of hearing "Dwight" and "Beast" in the same sentence.

Would you view the Cavs differently if they added, say, a J. Kidd, and dumped Larry Hughes with Gibson as the bench PG and maybe some defensive adjustments?

Yes. even a Mike Bibby if he still has some left in the tank. But this isnt the case and Ferry has sat on his ass and didnt make any moves. Im super-skeptical for this "East Coast Champion".

Id even look at Webber as an option to handle the ball so LeBoring doesnt have to do everything.

• I'm already sick of hearing "Dwight" and "Beast" in the same sentence.

Accept it. It's the best possible way to describe him right now. 39 and 16 last night, I mean, come on. Yeah it was just the Sonics, but still...

Accept it. It's the best possible way to describe him right now. 39 and 16 last night, I mean, come on. Yeah it was just the Sonics, but still...

At least its w/out all the Second Coming hogwash. Dude is fuckin the League up.BOOM.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

At least its w/out all the Second Coming hogwash. Dude is fuckin the League up.BOOM.
    Howard is looking to get back in the dunk contest this season, (now that it's understood that he was robbed last year (as was andre the year before)). 12'6" last time out-- he's talking about grabbing the top of the backboard this go-around.

You know....one dude can be good.....and another dude can be good too! These aren't tough concepts.....LEBRON OWNS YOU.

You know....one dude can be good.....and another dude can be good too! These aren't tough concepts.....LEBRON OWNS YOU.

I dont hatt LeBoring. I own 4 pairs of his Nikes.

Howard/Lewis.........LeBoring/??????????

I dont hatt LeBoring. I own 4 pairs of his Nikes.

Howard/Lewis.........LeBoring/??????????

LeBron/Lil' Bron

Fuck The Cavaliers.

Let give you my gripe.

My problem is w/ the hype machine and the fans who fall for it. They are not that good dude. Last year's Win/Loss total doesnt tell the whole story. Ive said this a bunch of times. The East was in Transition last year and they took advantage of this climate. They showed you who they really were in the Finals - an overachieving team that relies on James' heroics.

The Cavs are the same culture since last year minus a very integral bench contributer in Varejo.

And I didnt pich the Celtics over the Cavs. I'm just glad the NBA has put the King James/Cavs hype machine to the back burner and has focused on another bullshit hype machine... The Big 3 myth.

Ok so what about the year before last when the Cavs once more had 50 wins..... besides that one point I can see and agree with alot of your gripes regarding Lebron (and the marketing of LeBron) and Danny Ferry's inability to get better players around LeBron.... it seems as though since the team has been somewhat successful Ferry feels as though he doesnt really need to improve or change alot. I tend to think that Ferry is dead wrong..for starters the Cavs coach doesnt have a clue as far as how to implement offensive plays...just pass the ball to LeBron watch him dribble, penetrate (sp?), and possible pass the ball to one of his standing still team mates and the fact that Ferry has not been able in two years to get a semi decent pg and now he needs to get another big and hasn't done that either.

Howard is looking to get back in the dunk contest this season, (now that it's understood that he was robbed last year (as was andre the year before)). 12'6" last time out-- he's talking about grabbing the top of the backboard this go-around.

Haha, well, it's still debatable. Is the dunk contest about how high you can jump or about how flashy you can dunk? I think the bigger controversy was the year before when Nate Robinson "won" after his 200 attempts that missed... Iguodala should have taken that one, I agree.

Didn't Gerald Green win last year by doing the Dee Brown "no look" dunk while rocking the reebok tennis pumps? That shit was pretty entertaining, especially for the throwback crowd that actually remembers watching the one Dee won. A winning dunk? I don't know, apparently the judges thought so...

Now, if Howard grabs the rubber on the top then yes, he better win it.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i'm more pissed about the fact he didn't make it out of round one last year in the dunk contest.
    the world didn't get to see the "kiss the rim"

Fuck The Cavaliers.

Let give you my gripe.

Ok so what about the year before last when the Cavs once more had 50 wins..... besides that one point I can see and agree with alot of your gripes regarding Lebron (and the marketing of LeBron) and Danny Ferry's inability to get better players around LeBron.... it seems as though since the team has been somewhat successful Ferry feels as though he doesnt really need to improve or change alot. I tend to think that Ferry is dead wrong..for starters the Cavs coach doesnt have a clue as far as how to implement offensive plays...just pass the ball to LeBron watch him dribble, penetrate (sp?), and possible pass the ball to one of his standing still team mates and the fact that Ferry has not been able in two years to get a semi decent pg and now he needs to get another big and hasn't done that either.

Mike Saunders is a good defensive coach but that give it to LeBron and get out of the way, style of play...is why its LeBoring.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    LOL @ the Knicks ... Celtics with a 50 point lead in the 4th

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This Boston-NYK game is fantastic. Can Boston win by 60? Let's find out!

LOL @ the Knicks ... Celtics with a 50 point lead in the 4th

I guess the Zack/Curry Exp isnt workin. I turned it off at the haff.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    If that's supposed to be some kind of crack because
    I said on here that I was upset about my cat dying
    last week, you are really just showing what a pathetic
    asshole you are. But we already knew that - you're Ed
    Powers, the guy whose posts consist of "NO" "WRONG" and
    nothing more. Enjoy your real world moves, bitch.

Hold up ...Did you just call me a bitch ?

I need a minute to digest that ...