NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• You goin down this week Tittyz.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You goin down this week Tittyz.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    wow, you sound mad.

I guess I was dreaming, thinking there wasn't hate.

I don't really check ESPN, and especially ESPN.com,
    so I missed the love-fest. The games have been mostly
    entertaining, that's all I'm really looking for right now.

There was bound to be a natural backlash to all the craziness.
    I cant hatt on the players or the franchise but ESPN/NBA is foamin at the mouf.

1) Celtics vs Lakers Rivlary - GTFOHWTB. These mofos are on some WWF bullshit. There's no rivalry anymore.
    The players on both teams dont have the same tension.

2) Big 3 Big 3 Big 3 Big 3 Big 3.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3) Danny Ainge = Genius.......GTFOHWTB. McHale gets the credit for this shit. He hit his old team off w/ The Big Ticket. Mofos try to paint the picture like Ainge masterminded this big trade.PAUSE.

Regardless, Ill take the Celtics doing well over the played out/overhyped LeBoring/Cavaliers.

did you take the Pacers(speaking of played the fuck out) over the Cavs also????

No, but i did imagine my Pacers taking at least one game when we went to the Finals.

No, but i did imagine my Pacers taking at least one game when we went to the Finals.

let me imagine this......30 points 11 rebounds and 10 assists oh my fault that shit did actually happen..... it's funny reading your little pot shots at LBJ then he just drop a triple double on your Pacers.

let me imagine this......30 points 11 rebounds and 10 assists oh my fault that shit did actually happen..... it's funny reading your little pot shots at LBJ then he just drop a triple double on your Pacers.

Oh, were you listing Jamal Tinsley's Line?

• BATMON'S ANTI-LEBRON CAMPAIGN IS STRAIGHT BULLSCHITT.

BATMON'S ANTI-LEBRON CAMPAIGN IS STRAIGHT BULLSCHITT.

LeBoring is on some MVP shit out the gate this year.

But he has to play that way or theyll lose.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dudes PHX at GSW is already poppin off!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    How about them Knicks? Nice win v. the Jazz tonight. Not convincing, but solid.

I think Eddie and Zach finally realized that even though the offense runs through them, if they get the ball and are double teamed KICK IT BACK OUT TO THE OPEN MAN!

Can they make it three in a row v. Boston on Thursday???

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Warriors just ran the Phoenix Suns off the court. Monta Ellis was BALLIN in the 4th!

The Warriors just ran the Phoenix Suns off the court. Monta Ellis was BALLIN in the 4th!

Indeed, I'd personally like to see a PHX vs GSW playoffs. It would be the ultimate run and gun series evar.

Nash committed a bunch of silly turnovers and Amare was asleep. Monta Ellis blazed past Marion..it was pretty awesome.

Can't hatt at all, that was the best game I've seen so far this season, and the Suns lost!

Yeah, the Warriors play by play guys kept on saying they were surprised that the Suns kept on making mistakes and throwing the ball away.

Oh, were you listing Jamal Tinsley's Line?

Tinlsey did not have a triple double....almost....close.....but no cigar....and plus his/your team lost.

Speaking of the Cavs, what's up with Varejao holding out?

Last season, Anderson Varejao played a key role as the Cleveland Cavaliers won the Eastern Conference title -- he was arguably the Cavs' best young player behind LeBron James.

This season, Varejao is playing in a gym more than a thousand miles from Cleveland in Vitoria, Brazil, while the Cavs struggle to replace Varejao's defensive intensity in the middle.

What's he doing? Working on his jump hook. Trying to stay in shape. And most importantly, waiting.

Varejao is a fan favorite for his all-out hustle and curly locks.

He's waiting for the lucrative contract he thought he'd sign this offseason.

And waiting for Cleveland general manager Danny Ferry to "show me that he values my contribution to the team," Varejao told ESPN.com by phone in a rare interview.

"I just want to be treated fairly and I don't think Danny's done that."

Varejao expected to be helping the Cavs defend their East crown by now.

"I wanted to come back," he said. "I love the fans and I really love my teammates. But there are others there that have made it very difficult. It's gotten to the point that I don't want to play there anymore. I'm just hoping for a sign-and-trade at this point."

Varejao, who turned 25 in September, was a vital part of the Cavs' run to the NBA Finals. As the Cavs' sixth man, his basic stats were modest: 6.8 points and 6.7 rebounds in 23 minutes per game. But he led the league in drawing charges, and his energy and interior defense were invaluable to the team. His adjusted plus-minus numbers last season said he was the 22nd-best player in the league.

The question for the Cavs is, how much do you pay for those less tangible contributions?

The Cavs' popular forward wants considerably more than the team is offering.[/b] He turned down the Cavs' one-year, $1.2 million tender offer. (To retain a restricted free agent, a team must make a tender offer.) He also refused Cleveland's opening offer of five years, $20 million, and then its latest offer of five years, $32 million, with a starting salary slightly below the midlevel exception.

(read more)

How much is this clown worth?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Speaking of the Cavs, what's up with Varejao holding out?

Last season, Anderson Varejao played a key role as the Cleveland Cavaliers won the Eastern Conference title -- he was arguably the Cavs' best young player behind LeBron James.

This season, Varejao is playing in a gym more than a thousand miles from Cleveland in Vitoria, Brazil, while the Cavs struggle to replace Varejao's defensive intensity in the middle.

What's he doing? Working on his jump hook. Trying to stay in shape. And most importantly, waiting.

Varejao is a fan favorite for his all-out hustle and curly locks.

He's waiting for the lucrative contract he thought he'd sign this offseason.

And waiting for Cleveland general manager Danny Ferry to "show me that he values my contribution to the team," Varejao told ESPN.com by phone in a rare interview.

"I just want to be treated fairly and I don't think Danny's done that."

Varejao expected to be helping the Cavs defend their East crown by now.

"I wanted to come back," he said. "I love the fans and I really love my teammates. But there are others there that have made it very difficult. It's gotten to the point that I don't want to play there anymore. I'm just hoping for a sign-and-trade at this point."

Varejao, who turned 25 in September, was a vital part of the Cavs' run to the NBA Finals. As the Cavs' sixth man, his basic stats were modest: 6.8 points and 6.7 rebounds in 23 minutes per game. But he led the league in drawing charges, and his energy and interior defense were invaluable to the team. His adjusted plus-minus numbers last season said he was the 22nd-best player in the league.

The question for the Cavs is, how much do you pay for those less tangible contributions?

The Cavs' popular forward wants considerably more than the team is offering.[/b] He turned down the Cavs' one-year, $1.2 million tender offer. (To retain a restricted free agent, a team must make a tender offer.) He also refused Cleveland's opening offer of five years, $20 million, and then its latest offer of five years, $32 million, with a starting salary slightly below the midlevel exception.

(read more)

How much is this clown worth?

This cat has the serious big head (hair).... thinks he is worth at least 10 million a year. He thinks he should make more than the Cavs starting forward Drew Gooden does...

yo Yuichi, would you like a Hummer with some KOBE?

Do a search on ebay motors for "Kobe" !

This is worth seeing again, or if you haven't already - Jamal Crawford's fast break cross on Deron Williams last night:

• 3) Danny Ainge = Genius.......GTFOHWTB. McHale gets the credit for this shit. He hit his old team off w/ The Big Ticket. Mofos try to paint the picture like Ainge masterminded this big trade.PAUSE.

Regardless, Ill take the Celtics doing well over the played out/overhyped LeBoring/Cavaliers.

Plus I think its fun to watch those three together..I'll always ride for my Knicks but its just so f'in hard these days with the Dolan/Thomas/Marbury trifecta of doodoo...i almost miss Scott Layden right now

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Looks good. But I believe it only runs on DIESEL?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

H3 = soccer mom Hummer

• yo Yuichi, would you like a Hummer with some KOBE?

H3 = soccer mom Hummer

I dig Hummer and the H2 but y're on-point. Sooooo much wasted space on the interior. It's barely comfortable.

[/threadjaack]

• dudes PHX at GSW is already poppin off!!!

Ellis was ballin' for real, but nobody played defense, obviously. Well, GS actually did a bit in the 4th. Other than that I felt like I was watching a streetball game.

It was fun to watch though. The Suns looked a little out of sync at times, but golden state was ready to score on every posession, which they pretty much did. 72 at the half? Wow.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I was talking about the package, but carry on.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

H3 = soccer mom Hummer

H3 = Ghetto Range Rover

Ellis was ballin' for real, but nobody played defense, obviously. Well, GS actually did a bit in the 4th. Other than that I felt like I was watching a streetball game.

It was fun to watch though. The Suns looked a little out of sync at times, but golden state was ready to score on every posession, which they pretty much did. 72 at the half? Wow.

The Suns need games like the one last night to get them going. Hopefully Grant Hill and STAT stay healthy...Remember, regular season don't mean schitt!!! Haha!

• This is worth seeing again, or if you haven't already - Jamal Crawford's fast break cross on Deron Williams last night:

oooooooweeeeeeee!!!

The Suns need games like the one last night to get them going. Hopefully Grant Hill and STAT stay healthy...Remember, regular season don't mean schitt!!! Haha!

It was good to see that Hill was fitting into the system. That first game that we discussed here, he looked totally out of place lobbing 3s. Now he's driving, rebounding, etc which is much more his style and benefits the team more.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I was talking about the package.