NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• MOST IMPROVED PLAYA?

Chris Kaman

Other than all the turnovers, the Caveman's is pulling down some major numbers. 22 points and 22 Boards just today...11 double doubles this season so far.

Yeah he is having a good season so far. He wasn't bad 2 years ago and of course last year he didn't play. I knew he was good but I didn't know it was like that (22 ans 22)!

On another note, speaking of improved players and players coming back from injury, my guy Kenyon Martin is looking ferocious this season. Barring another injury, I think he might be back. 20 pts 8 rebounds last night. Great interior defense, lots of steals, some blocks, rebounds (on both ends), and on offense he's throwing down nasty dunks and alley oops, just really active and athletic, just what the Nuggets need with Nene out. He can jump out the gym for a big guy with multiple knee surgeries. I'm excited about his return, he lights up the arena when he's on and the fans dig it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MOST IMPROVED PLAYA?

Chris Kaman

Other than all the turnovers, the Caveman's is pulling down some major numbers. 22 points and 22 Boards just today...11 double doubles this season so far.

Yeah he is having a good season so far. He wasn't bad 2 years ago and of course last year he didn't play. I knew he was good but I didn't know it was like that (22 ans 22)!

On another note, speaking of improved players and players coming back from injury, my guy Kenyon Martin is looking ferocious this season. Barring another injury, I think he might be back. 20 pts 8 rebounds last night. Great interior defense, lots of steals, some blocks, rebounds (on both ends), and on offense he's throwing down nasty dunks and alley oops, just really active and athletic, just what the Nuggets need with Nene out. He can jump out the gym for a big guy with multiple knee surgeries. I'm excited about his return, he lights up the arena when he's on and the fans dig it.

Denver has slowly brought Martin into the mix. i dont think he's played more than 25 min yet.
    Ive been waitiong a long time for this.

• No doubt, easing him back in is working quite well. JR has been pretty impressive taking the ball to the rack lately too. If he can lock down that three pointer, he becomes dangerous. Remains to be seen though...

By the way, Melo had 30 pts in 27 minutes last night. He scores so effortlessly. I hope he gets a start on the all-star team for once, but I doubt it. He barely got in last year, along side of Josh Howard . Nothing wrong with Josh, but come on...

No doubt, easing him back in is working quite well. JR has been pretty impressive taking the ball to the rack lately too. If he can lock down that three pointer, he becomes dangerous. Remains to be seen though...

By the way, Melo had 30 pts in 27 minutes last night. He scores so effortlessly. I hope he gets a start on the all-star team for once, but I doubt it. He barely got in last year, along side of Josh Howard . Nothing wrong with Josh, but come one...

If he didnt throw a punch maybe he woulda started. Whatever.

YO!

Marbury father had a heart attack while watch his son get torched by the Phoenix Suns.

That's fucked up.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Here's the last couple years Most Improved Players award winners from 2000-2007

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

• Were T-Mac or O'neal or Arenas starting those years? Were they starting the year before?

Sorry let me answer my own question. McGrady was a starter when he was moved to Orlando in 2000. That was the year he won. So, bench guy nobody was checkin' for in Toronto emerges as a star in one season in Orlando, get's MIP. Boom.

Arenas' first year as a season long starter was the year he won it.

JO was starting all season in 00-01 for the first time and didn't win the award until 01-02, so maybe he's the anomoly.

Were T-Mac or O'neal or Arenas starting those years? Were they starting the year before?

Good question.

I know Rose was part of the Pacers Finals team.

Jalen Rose would be put into the starting line up, winning the NBA Most Improved Player award, while Austin Croshere replaced him as the sixth man.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

This award should be given more attention. It recognizes players that worked their ass off in the summer and has the desire to take it .

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

This award should be given more attention. It recognizes players that worked their ass off in the summer and has the desire to take it .

True.

But now Monta Ellis is this season.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

By the way, Melo had 30 pts in 27 minutes last night. He scores so effortlessly. I hope he gets a start on the all-star team for once, but I doubt it. He barely got in last year, along side of Josh Howard . Nothing wrong with Josh, but come on...

Melo should have been an all-star each of the past three years, no question--that schitt is pure hate.

• Here's the last couple years Most Improved Players award winners from 2000-2007

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

Definitely. Some of the players who've received this award have become all-stars (perennial even, wasn't T-mac in it a few years now?). Arenas is probably the best example on there though. It's like the commercials. "They thought I was a zero" 31st pick in his draft class now he's one of the top 10 guards in the league (IMO) and was an all-star last year.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

True.

Bobby Simmons has been MEGA chirp since getting that award. He signed a five year, $47 million contract with the Bucks right after that season. I remember talking to the mother of his daughter back in college. She was worried that might not even make it to the league. So, I can't be mad, for her sake. Otherwise, shit is a crime.

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

True.

Bobby Simmons has been MEGA chirp since getting that award. He signed a five year, $47 million contract with the Bucks right after that season. I remember talking to the mother of his daughter back in college. She was worried that might not even make it to the league. So, I can't be mad, for her sake. Otherwise, shit is a crime.

I think he had a season ending injury. And w/ Yi around dude's minutes are Poof!!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

True.

The warriors have won six in a row. Ellis had 2 30 point games and has been one of the leading scoters on the team during the streak.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    yeah dude.

Monta Ellis
    Boris Diaw
    Bobby Simmons
    Zach Randolph
    Gilbert Arenas
    Jermain O'Neil
    Tracy McGrady
    Jalen Rose

True.

You sir, have probably not been watching GSW. Monta Ellis is still ballin'.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Only half as funny as the one where you predicted the (now 0-11)
    Dolphins would go 11-5 this season ... and that Trent Green would
    be in the Pro Bowl. Holy shit that was comedy.

As for the cat bullshit, considering that it had been only 2 days
    since I posted about it, the only way I could interpret the big
    cat food ad and you calling me "meow mix" was some attempt at hitting
    me where it hurt. Because you see, where I come from, if you want to
    call someone a pussy, you come right out and call them a pussy.

Just like me calling you a bitch. Which you were (and still are) being.

• Monta was definitely killin' it when the Warriors beat the Suns last week.

16.5 last year 16.4 this year. Steady.

16.5 last year 16.4 this year. Steady.

If you were me, you would have been called out as telepathic!!!! YOU ARE LUCKY YOU ARE IN NEW YORK AND HAVE SWAG.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Alright, I'm here to collect on all the bets I made that Kevin Durant would average 30+ this season.

Oh, wait...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Alright, I'm here to collect on all the bets I made that Kevin Durant would average 30+ this season.

Oh, wait...

Flashback......

So what are people's thoughts on how Durant will do this season? I just saw him in some summer league and pre-seasong games and only a few minutes last night before I had to take my kid out for tricker treat. I see he finished shooting around 30% which was what he did before the season started. He got pushed around a lot and had to put up a quantity of shots as well.

Rockadelic said[/b]
    I think he'll go for 15-20 a night, get his ass beat from time to time, play away from the hoop as a result

And this.....

Rockadelic said[/b]
    Zach will be swallowed up and spit out by NYC and Kenyon might get 10 splinters a game.

WHICH PLAYERS HAVE A "HIGH BASKETBALL IQ"?

*Definitions of this may vary, but I like to think it's someone that may not necessarily post up monster stats, but understands how to play efficiently.

Luke Walton
    Deron Williams
    Jason Kidd
    Yao Ming
    Kevin Garnett
    Ray Allen
    Luol Deng
    Most of the Pistons starters
    Most of the Spurs starters
    Kevin Martin

who else?

• Rockadelic said[/b]
    Kenyon might get 10 splinters a game.

You do realize you were wrong about that so far, right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Rockadelic said[/b]

Please be serious; have you ever seen any evidence suggesting that Rock is capable of realizing when he's wrong?

Rockadelic said[/b]

Please be serious; have you ever seen any evidence suggesting that Rock is capable of realizing when he's wrong?

1) Martin is getting 8 points and 5 boards a night

2) Unlike Faux, I've actually made posts where I've admitted I was wrong.

And to prove it I'll do it again...

3) My mental image of Faux Rillz was very wrong which was proven when I saw a pic of him.

• 1) Martin is getting 8 points and 5 boards a night

Check his average minutes with that, first of all, plus, stats don't tell the whole story. I've seen every Nuggets game this season and most of the games where Kenyon has played well, we have blown our opponents out of the water. He has brought a defensive presence in addition to Marcus that this team desperately needed. As he gets more comfortable and his minutes increase a little, so will his stats. If he stays healthy, he could very well be the x-factor of the season for the Nuggets. His 8 and 5 are based off of him slowly coming back to the team after a second knee surgery and a full year off. Did you expect 20/10 right out the gate or what? Come talk to me later in the season when he's averaging 15+ and 8+ rbds and 2+ stls with limited minutes and tell me he isn't doing anything to help the Nuggets.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If he stays healthy

Won't happen. Dude is overrated anyway.

1) Martin is getting 8 points and 5 boards a night

Check his average minutes with that, first of all, plus, stats don't tell the whole story. I've seen every Nuggets game this season and most of the games where Kenyon has played well, we have blown our opponents out of the water. He has brought a defensive presence in addition to Marcus that this team desperately needed. As he gets more comfortable and his minutes increase a little, so will his stats. If he stays healthy, he could very well be the x-factor of the season for the Nuggets. His 8 and 5 are based off of him slowly coming back to the team after a second knee surgery and a full year off. Did you expect 20/10 right out the gate or what? Come talk to me later in the season when he's averaging 15+ and 8+ rbds and 2+ stls with limited minutes and tell me he isn't doing anything to help the Nuggets.

Are you suggesting he hasn't had many minutes, as in he's on the bench collecting splinters??

I'll be looking forward to seeing what he does the rest of the year.

Since he's a hometown guy I've followed him closely since High School.

If at the end of the year he's averaging 15/8 then I was very wrong.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WHICH PLAYERS HAVE A "HIGH BASKETBALL IQ"?

STEVE NASH