NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    2:43 watch how he drops Heinrich.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

still going.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My Chicago Bulls are easily the worst team in the league.

I sat throught the whole game tonight and haven't seen a more pathetic, lost display since the Utah Jazz in Game 3 of the 1998 NBA Finals. Skiles benched the starting 7 for all but 5 minutes of the second half. Kobe will not even WANT to come here when the Feb. trade deadline rolls around. Not when the Bulls will own the worst record in the league and with Deng and Gordon leaving anyway.

They should all just give up. Seriously. Tank the season right now for a shot at the lottery. Anyone doubting me has not seen the Bulls play this year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My Chicago Bulls are easily the worst team in the league.

I sat throught the whole game tonight and haven't seen a more pathetic, lost display since the Utah Jazz in Game 3 of the 1998 NBA Finals. Skiles benched the starting 7 for all but 5 minutes of the second half. Kobe will not even WANT to come here when the Feb. trade deadline rolls around. Not when the Bulls will own the worst record in the league and with Deng and Gordon leaving anyway.

They should all just give up. Seriously. Tank the season right now for a shot at the lottery. Anyone doubting me has not seen the Bulls play this year.

Did u feel this way when they beat the Pistons?

Somethin is really wrong over there. Deng & Gordon are playing way below their skills.
    Wallace is lookin suspect as well. I dont wanna say he's old just yet.

Why do fans give up after one week into the season..........U cant judge just yet.

• Why do fans give up after one week into the season..........U cant judge just yet.

For real. Getting frustrated is one thing, but just calling it a season after 2 weeks is ludicrous! There's plenty of time to get it together, it's a loooong season. The Bulls will get it together eventually. Maybe all that trade talk had some of the Bulls kinda shook. Also, when did Skiles start allowing headbands again?

Nuggets came back fro ma 25 point deficit to win last night. The first half was as bad as the Boston game last week, but we rallied in the 2nd half, started defending, and started making smarter offensive plays. Thanks to Melo, AI and some nice defense by Kenyon at the end, we took it.

Nuggets came back fro ma 25 point deficit to win last night. The first half was as bad as the Boston game last week, but we rallied in the 2nd half, started defending, and started making smarter offensive plays. Thanks to Melo, AI and some nice defense by Kenyon at the end, we took it.

Pacers 7th Lost in a row to the Nuggets

• Nuggets came back fro ma 25 point deficit to win last night. The first half was as bad as the Boston game last week, but we rallied in the 2nd half, started defending, and started making smarter offensive plays. Thanks to Melo, AI and some nice defense by Kenyon at the end, we took it.

It looked really bad for us in the first half... I'm still mad at how bad they played, even though we won. Can't be doing that shit.

Pacers in the 2nd were just crankin' up 3 after 3 and brickin' 'em all, I don't know what they were thinking. They had us inside, we were playing zero d in the paint the entire first half.

It looked really bad for us in the first half... I'm still mad at how bad they played, even though we won. Can't be doing that shit.

Pacers in the 2nd were just crankin' up 3 after 3 and brickin' 'em all, I don't know what they were thinking. They had us inside, we were playing zero d in the paint the entire first half.

O'Brian's new O is all about the 3. But they rely on it to much.
    The Pacers want to get away from dumpin it into O'Neal and everybody just watches.

Find some balance.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

still going.

A portrait in ass-hurt:

It's one game. We're not going to play our best ball now. Right now, they are on a roll. They are not going to go undefeated. I will stand by that.

This sounds familiar ... it was his style the year he brought the
    Celtics to Eastern Conference finals - he was successful with it,
    but it certainly seemed one-dimensional and destined to eventually
    fail. Aggressive D and a strong outside shooting game, will the 07-08
    Pacers be the 01-02 Celtics redux?

This sounds familiar ... it was his style the year he brought the
    Celtics to Eastern Conference finals - he was successful with it,
    but it certainly seemed one-dimensional and destined to eventually
    fail. Aggressive D and a strong outside shooting game, will the 07-08
    Pacers be the 01-02 Celtics redux?

I hope not. What was the starting lineup for Boston then? Or more specifically - the Frontcourt?

What was the starting lineup for Boston then? Or more specifically - the Frontcourt?

Um, Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker, and then ...

We were thin at Center (for 2 decades) but got some quality
    minutes from Walter McCarty, Eric Williams & Tony Battie - and a
    mid-season trade that brought in Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers was
    a big help in the playoff push. Kenny Anderson was probably the
    third most valuable player on the team, behind Pierce & Walker.
    He was huge in the playoffs.

Walker led the league and set a franchise record for 3-point
    attempts and scored in that season and the previous one, thanks
    to O'Brian's bombs-away style. If you have the shooters, it can
    be succesful - but it gets frustrating watching the team run down
    the court and pull up at the line ALL GAME, just launching 3 after 3 -
    inevitably there will be cold streaks that are hard to watch as
    the iron clangs time after time, but the hot streaks are fun, too -
    NBA JAM come to life ... O'Brian is a great defensive coach, he just
    needs to learn to be a little more creative when it comes to offense.

What was the starting lineup for Boston then? Or more specifically - the Frontcourt?

Well after the Micro-Managing Rick Carlyse, O'Brian is a breath of fresh air..........so far.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Why do fans give up after one week into the season..........U cant judge just yet.

For real. Getting frustrated is one thing, but just calling it a season after 2 weeks is ludicrous! There's plenty of time to get it together, it's a loooong season. The Bulls will get it together eventually. Maybe all that trade talk had some of the Bulls kinda shook. Also, when did Skiles start allowing headbands again?

Skiles gave has-Ben Wallace special dispensation to wear the headband.

You have almost certainly not seen the Bulls play a full game this year. The Pistons win was lucky. They always play Detroit well in the regular season, for some reason.

40 wins, tops.

• What was the starting lineup for Boston then? Or more specifically - the Frontcourt?

i still cant believe this dude was ever considered a franchise player .. amazing

i still cant believe this dude was ever considered a franchise player .. amazing

Ehhh ... he's cool with me. When he and Pierce were co-captains,
    it made for a pretty dynamic combo. He definitely doesn't deserve
    the rep he seems to have.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Dude was a rebounding machine when he first came into the league. People don't seem to remember that.

• i still cant believe this dude was ever considered a franchise player .. amazing

Dude was a rebounding machine when he first came into the league. People don't seem to remember that.

not really. he averaged 10 once (when he played 40 mpg), but did what he usually does - 40 pct on FGs, 30 pct on threes, and 60-something pct from the line. considering how much he dominated the ball when his coaches let him it was never a recipe for success.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

not really. he averaged 10 once (when he played 40 mpg), but did what he usually does - 40 pct on FGs, 30 pct on threes, and 60-something pct from the line. considering how much he dominated the ball when his coaches let him it was never a recipe for success.

Yeah, If I was a 3-time all-star, with a ring, and career averages of 18 points and 8 rebounds...I'd consider myself a failure as well.

• yeah he really carried the heat on their championship run

Yeah, If I was a 3-time all-star, with a ring, and career averages of 18 points and 8 rebounds...I'd consider myself a failure as well.

Dude, he's a loser--intangibles.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

This is a man who's mother stood outside the Knick locker room and berated his team mates as they left after a loss.

Nuff said.

This is a man who's mother stood outside the Knick locker room and berated his team mates as they left after a loss.

Nuff said.

I love this man.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Right. Plus, Walker's the definition of "phone it in." I first thought that 'Toine was trying to pick up style points when he was dribbling. But I soon realized that he probably figured that he wasn't paid enough to lift his goddamn knees.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Right. Plus, Walker's the definition of "phone it in." I first thought that 'Toine was trying to pick up style points when he was dribbling. But I soon realized that he probably figured that he wasn't paid enough to lift his goddamn knees.

I always thought he played like that 40 year old dude drinking the 40 oz. at every playground in NYC, who tells tales of schooling various NBA and College players back in the day, before he got screwed by "the man".

He looks like he just may be able to do what he claims he can....and then, after telling an hours worth of stories, he steps on the court and plays like a guy who..........just drank a 40 oz.

CAN ANYONE BEAT THIS TEAM?

• This is a man who's mother stood outside the Knick locker room and berated his team mates as they left after a loss.

Nuff said.

I love this man.

Why oh why is this douche worth your "love"?

That said, blackmailing Isiah is some next-level shit. WHY ARE WE NOT TALKING ABOUT THIS????

• And then there is this....

"NBA talks to Lakers about remark

NEW YORK (AP) - The NBA has spoken with the Los Angeles Lakers about a sexual reference coach Phil Jackson made in a comment following Tuesday night's game in San Antonio.

The Spurs made 13 3-pointers in their 107-92 victory, and Jackson was asked if too much penetration was leading to open outside shooters.
    "We call this a 'Brokeback Mountain' game, because there's so much penetration and kickouts," Jackson said. "It was one of those games."

The 2005 film, which won three Oscars, depicts two cowboys who conceal their homosexual affair.

"The remarks are in poor taste, and the Lakers have assured us such remarks will not occur in the future," league spokesman Brian McIntyre said"