the fact that they played so poorly and were down by as
    many as 20 in the second half to arguably the best team
    in the East, and STILL came back to bring it down to a
    1 possession game with a shot to win it at the buzzer tells
    me that they have some real guts and the ability to suck it
    up when a win is needed. Do I think they will win it all in
    2007-2008? No. But they are certainly in the mix in the East,
    and are damn more entertaining to watch than they have been
    in years if not decades. There's a reason for the hype.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I watched the Boston/Pacers Game and y'all got smacked around. Just sayin.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I watched the Boston/Pacers Game and y'all got smacked around. Just sayin.

YOU HAVE FINALLY ENTERED THE REAL TALK ZONE.

Quiet as Churchmouse last year and now u talkin shit. I luv it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just firing back, dog. I didn't even have my shit drawn
    until I was ducking shots from your direction.

• I watched the Boston/Pacers Game and y'all got smacked around. Just sayin.

YOU HAVE FINALLY ENTERED THE REAL TALK ZONE.

Quiet as Churchmouse last year and now u talkin shit. I luv it.

Bring on the shit talk SoI! We needed some new blood in this thread.

I think I might get some semi-baller seats for the Boston @ Nuggets game in March or whenever that is.

By the way, anybody caught one of these recent Nuggets blowouts? The bench has been getting some valuable minutes in the 4th quarter. We got a pretty firm second unit, which is a huge plus this year. LK, Bobby Jones, Mike Wilks, Najera, Yakouba Diawara, these guys all been playing solid so far. Von Wafer has had a couple minutes, Steven Hunter still hasn't played as far as I know. Anthony Carter is still injured. Beefing up the bench and working on defense were the two biggest issues from last season, both look really good so far. Watch out now!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I hear ya. Has RJ ever been an allstar though? I think he deserves some votes too. It's tough to get 'em when you're on a team with two other all-stars who are likely to get more votes than you already.

Vince Carter dunks more so he'll get more votes. RJ is holdin that team down so far.

After years of watching the dude, I've realized this.

Carter must be one of the most awkward-moving shooting guards in the league. Every time I watch one of his highlights, it seems the dude loses his handle, picks up the rock, and goes up for a one-hand flush or something.

I hear ya. Has RJ ever been an allstar though? I think he deserves some votes too. It's tough to get 'em when you're on a team with two other all-stars who are likely to get more votes than you already.

Vince Carter dunks more so he'll get more votes. RJ is holdin that team down so far.

Carter must be one of the most awkward-moving shooting guards in the league. Every time I watch one of his highlights, it seems the dude loses his handle, picks up the rock, and goes up for a one-hand flush or something.

Take away Kidd and really see the diff.

• I hear ya. Has RJ ever been an allstar though? I think he deserves some votes too. It's tough to get 'em when you're on a team with two other all-stars who are likely to get more votes than you already.

Although the Nets can't seem to win games without Big Vince.

whos your favorite redhead in the L.....

Brain Scalabrine

Matt Bonner

or

Rob Swift...................Get Busy....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    GOAT

goat.....

• whos your favorite redhead in the L.....

• goat.....

Too bad these weren't out in his day:

• whos your favorite redhead in the L.....

Dalonte West has red hair?

• Dalonte West has red hair?

Q: Why does your tattoo say ???REDZ????
    A: I???m the only one in the family who came out with red hair. My brother and sister both have black hair, so I came out with kinda fair skin and red hair, and that kinda stuck with me. People always called me ???Red???. ???

• huh. could have fooled me. he is usually bald or looking like he has brown hair everytime I see him.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Although the Nets can't seem to win games without Big Vince.

See, I don't think Vince is a big game winner. His shot selection gets careless in the closing seconds when they need him most.

Take away Kidd and really see the diff.

True. On the Kidd-related tip, Bynum has been impressive in the early going. The kid really took KB's heat really well. Well that, and he has one of the GOAT (Kareem) backing him up all the way. Lakers 6-3. It is not all that bad so far....

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    never fallin' short w/ the entertaining statements. This Stephon quote is cracking me up the way 50's "I already got money, I'll see you later..." interview was:

"If I didn't play the way how I played, I wouldn't have gotten no max contract," he said. "They can talk about whatever they wanna talk about me, because I got maxed. I'm a max player. Don't get mad at me, because I'm telling you what's real. One plus one is two, all day long, and it's never gonna change. And that's factorial[/b]."
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-306/Tommy-Craggs-on-Stephon-Marbury.html

factorial. heh.

• J. Kidd = Whitesnake fan. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-304/Jason-Kidd--Bitter.html

Also, I love how they have to do a 5 part treatise on how the Mavs didn't get jobbed out versus the Heat.

Also, I love how they have to do a 5 part treatise on how the Mavs didn't get jobbed out versus the Heat.
    ehh. it's more a personal piece w/ salvatore and some of the calls he's made over his career. It's actually a pretty interesting series in that the NBA hardly EVER lets refs speak w/ the press in such a candid way (even though there were some big brother-ish types in the room) Abbott writes concisely, and is honest with criticism without turning into the sports writer/sneering child phenomenon which seems so popular on espn these days...
    (but you can read it as all about the mavs gettin' burned if you want.)

but for real... that video angle-- dirk fouled him, dude.

[color:white] just let it go...[/color]

• How much is Stern paying you and Batmon, anyway?

Sean Williams - Elastic Man....the future of New Jersey.

Sean Williams - Elastic Man....the future of New Jersey Brooklyn.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SKINNER MADE HIS FIRST THREE PT. SHOT FROM 40 FT AGAINST THE KINGS AT THE END OF THE SECOND QUARTER

THEY PLAYED EDDIE HAZEL CALI DREAMING DURING THE JOHN SALMONS PIECE AT HALFTIME

WHO ELSE IS FEELIN THIS GAME?????

Bynum. Double double. Ownage of recovering J. O`neal.

Farmar. Ice water running through veins.

Brian Cook (only good for stand-still jumpers) and Maurice Evans (younger version of Devean George) for Trevor Ariza (supposedly defensive-minded). YES PLAESE!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I wanna see a Suns v Lakers matchup soon, D'Antoni trash talking to Phil Jackson at the end of that blowout, hehe. Suns don't play the Celtics until Feb, I cry.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    After a crappy start and some injuries the Warriors have just won 3 in a row giving an ass kicking to the Knicks who look to be a dysfunctional family on and off the court right now. The real test is tomorrow when we face the Celts. Can't wait to see it.

I wanna see a Suns v Lakers matchup soon, D'Antoni trash talking to Phil Jackson at the end of that blowout, hehe. Suns don't play the Celtics until Feb, I cry.

Bynum will show Stoudamire the exit. Ariza will lock up Marion. Bryant will dunk on Nash (again) and end his career.

The fierceness of this man's dunks,