NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• OK, Nugs look like garbage right now. They aren't running any offensive plays (just like the Knicks game) and they aren't playing any defense (just like the Knicks game). I already turned it off cuz it was frustrating me. I hate to say it, but this team looks terrible right now. It might turn around when they get a PG back and start running an offense, but I can't imagine George has the offense centered around the point so I don't know what the hell their issue is.

As for Boston, they look like they been together 10 years. I'm going to tune back in in the 2nd half just to watch the "Big 3" tear it up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    [quotRolando Balkman is the 2nd best player on the Knicks, next to Starbury. Chew on that.

GTFOHWTB

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Boston is the real deal. The only real question is whether their point guard can stand up to the playoff heat.

• I like Rondo, but he was getting knocked around quite a bit tonight. It was funny watching him play defense around Camby. Camby looked at him like an elephant that may occasionaly contemplate the existance of a fly.

• [quotRolando Balkman is the 2nd best player on the Knicks, next to Starbury. Chew on that.

GTFOHWTB
    Yes, please elaborate...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Rolando Balkman is the 2nd best player on the Knicks, next to Starbury. Chew on that.

GTFOHWTB

Yes, please elaborate...

Sheeeiiit....if I were a Nuggets fan, I'd probably be disillusioned enough by what happened in that game to make the same assessment. Balkman basically took over when the Knicks needed it most, streaking up and down the floor, blocking shots, elevating and swinging through the lane for a lay ups and dunks, dishing to teammates, and other intangibles. His defense was a huge factor in shutting Anthony down in the 4th. I think he'll see a lot more minutes this season, for sure. And to think of all the boos he got on draft night...

• Hawks took out another Western Conference top dawg last night.

I'd pee-pee in your coffee if you think that Balkman is "better" than Zack Randolph.

There's a difference between an off the bench microwave player vs. a genuine starter/reliable scorer.

And I wont even bring Stephon Flawberry into this.

• Damn, I didn't expect y'all to take that Balkman statement so personally and seriously. It was just a joke, shit! Dude was ballin' the other night though, good hustle, he set the pace for NY to win that game.

Yeah the Nuggets suck right now, no swag, oh well. They'll get back to it soon enough and start shitting on teams, please believe.

• Hawks took out another Western Conference top dawg last night.

Don't sleep! I wish I coudl see more Hawks games. If I didn't just cop a dwelling I would've got league pass this year.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Hawks took out another Western Conference top dawg last night.

eh Amare was out and it was close throughout, PHX just working through the season start as usual

60 wins fo sho, best believe!!!!

Hawks took out another Western Conference top dawg last night.

eh Amare was out and it was close throughout, PHX just working through the season start as usual

60 wins fo sho, best believe!!!!

Like last year Huh?

Overhyped - Chicago Bulls

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Painfully exposed. I was reading that Big Ben ranks sixth on the team in rebounds. Joe Smith looks like a great addition but also very creaky around the knees -- only a matter of time before he's on ice. The rest of the squad is not gelling like Magellan or otherwise. Hopefully they'll get something against Detroit tonight. Not really in panic mode just yet but it hasn't been very enjoyable to watch, to say the least.

Painfully exposed. I was reading that Big Ben ranks sixth on the team in rebounds. Joe Smith looks like a great addition but also very creaky around the knees -- only a matter of time before he's on ice. The rest of the squad is not gelling like Magellan or otherwise. Hopefully they'll get something against Detroit tonight. Not really in panic mode just yet but it hasn't been very enjoyable to watch, to say the least.

They'll iron the wrinkles out.

• Overhyped - Chicago Bulls

lol. Batmon is like a good parent: he brings the tough love, then the encouragement.

• Overhyped - Chicago Bulls

I'm sayin', Nuggets are in the same position, but it's only week 2 dudes. I'm sure the Bulls and Nuggets will both get it going soon enough. Time will tell.

lol. Batmon is like a good parent: he brings the tough love, then the encouragement.

lol.

U gotta admit that mad critics, before the season started, had the Bulls or Detroit in East. And then when Boston made the change, Boston joined that "elite" group.

Deng was supposed to come out of the gate.
    Wallace,though old, was still supposed to provide his usual above average rebounding and D.
    Gordon was gonna be Gordon.
    The Noah kid was supposed to contribute right away.

I wasnt seeing what dudes were talmbout. They only really outhustle dudes.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Not to make excuses for Chicago, although that's pretty much what this is, Noah and Wallace both had pretty bad ankle sprains in the last preseason game. They have a lot of new players, especially up front, so it's going to take some time for everyone to find their spot. Gordon and Deng have yet to really make significant impacts and Captain Kirk is always in foul trouble. Wallace is playing in some low-top, $10 sneakers, which also might be bad. Noah has only played in one game so far, and I don't think Gray has seen any action.

Gordon and Deng have yet to really make significant impacts

This is the key. When they find their shooting touch things should look better.

Even after that though who is gonna score in the Paint? Tyrus Thomas? Smith cant do it like he should.

• With the Bulls, it seems like there's not one specific key, it seems like all pieces need to fall in place. Rebounding and defense from the vet, shooting from gordon and deng, emergence of joakim noah on both ends of the court, hinrich controlling hte backcourt, skiles not Frickin' it up, all these things will be pretty important for the Bulls to take it far.

• They just need to eat more salad, like my man Diop:

Mavericks Center DeSagana Diop credits much of his improved play to the increased amount of salad he has eaten recently.

He's lost at least 40 pounds through grueling workouts and disciplined eating. Recently, Diop flexed in the locker room, showing off his abs to rookie Nick Fazekas, who jokingly accused Diop of having a body shaped by too many chicken wings. Diop quickly corrected him. "It's from a lot of salad," he said with a laugh.

• Haha. Diop has played quite well so far in the early-goings. He's actually catching passes and dunking in the lane, which is an improvement over the normal Mavs-center-with-boards-glued-to-his-hands routine.

Diop has played quite well so far in the early-goings.

How is Devean George gonna fit when he comes back?

StackHouse/Jones got those minutes.

• Haha. Diop has played quite well so far in the early-goings. He's actually catching passes and dunking in the lane, which is an improvement over the normal Mavs-center-with-boards-glued-to-his-hands routine.

My dude Nene could learn from this guy. Eat some salad Nene!

• Diop has played quite well so far in the early-goings.

How is Devean George gonna fit when he comes back?

StackHouse/Jones got those minutes.

Good question. Trenton Hassel plays there too.

Jones/Hassle/George got that D, but we gotta get *some* offense out of those cats. They can afford to let George lounge on the injured list for a minute. Damps too although he's gotten back to practice I believe. We just need them dudes ready for the playoffs.

Got them Dubs tonight! Should be interesting. I don't think Josh is gonna play but they're wrecked too so no excuses on either side.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    hmmm ... looks like 2 Boston-area teams may go 16-0 this year ...

• hmmm ... looks like 2 Boston-area teams may go 16-0 this year ...

REGULAR SEASON DON'T MEAN SCHITT, SON!!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Not to make excuses for Chicago, although that's pretty much what this is, Noah and Wallace both had pretty bad ankle sprains in the last preseason game. They have a lot of new players, especially up front, so it's going to take some time for everyone to find their spot. Gordon and Deng have yet to really make significant impacts and Captain Kirk is always in foul trouble. Wallace is playing in some low-top, $10 sneakers, which also might be bad. Noah has only played in one game so far, and I don't think Gray has seen any action.

There was an article in the latest Time magazine I think that said that Wallace's shoes are actually more functional than the new Lebron's in some ways. Besides, it ain't the shoes!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This just in: FUCK DAVID STERN.

The NBA is becoming the NHL with this cronyism and bad-faith bullshit. This mess sickens me.

Guess who's inducting his good buddy Clay Bennett into the OKC Bastetbell Hall-Of-Fame soon?