NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Got them Dubs tonight! Should be interesting. I don't think Josh is gonna play but they're wrecked too so no excuses on either side.

Mavs squeaked out a lucky win tonite. This game makes me wanna fast foward to the post season and see these two teams meet again.

• This just in: FUCK DAVID STERN.

The NBA is becoming the NHL with this cronyism and bad-faith bullshit. This mess sickens me.

Guess who's inducting his good buddy Clay Bennett into the OKC Bastetbell Hall-Of-Fame soon?

It seems like Stern and Bennet's friendship was never really picked up on by the media. Everyone thought hoped that Stern would eventually intervene in this fiasco because Seattle is such an obviously valuable market. But now it seems the opposite is true. Stern would like to make an example of Seattle because they won't fork over public money to an NBA franchise. This is a really, really bad look. Stern can most definitely eatadickup. The NBA deserves better leadership.

• Mavs squeaked out a lucky win tonite. This game makes me wanna fast foward to the post season and see these two teams meet again.

Right. Or watch Steve Nash lose to the Spurs yet again. Fuck yo' "lucky".

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Mavs squeaked out a lucky win tonite. This game makes me wanna fast foward to the post season and see these two teams meet again.

Right. Or watch Steve Nash lose to the Spurs yet again. Fuck yo' "lucky".

HAHA! Come on, just admit you guys have no answer to Baron Davis and when the GSW shooters get hot, even that kid Azebukie. Don Nelson playing mind games with Avery, man I love watching the matchups. Bring it!

• Got them Dubs tonight! Should be interesting. I don't think Josh is gonna play but they're wrecked too so no excuses on either side.

Both games last night on TBS were fun to watch. Tyrus was ballin'. Joe Smith was the truth. I fell asleep at the end of the DAL/GSW game, but it was a good game while I was awake. I thought GSW was gonna do it. Diop really did drop a lot of weight. Salad diet is what's up I guess. Baron scored 37 points. Shied had 36. They both lost. Good for fantasy, bad for team record.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    even that kid Azebukie

Somebody here @ Soulstrut is affiliated w/ this cat. Damn when Stephon Jackson comes back the Doobs are gonna be loaded at the swingman spot.

• I remember somebody here saying they knew him somehow last year, cuz the Nugget dancer chick who worked for me knew him too. I was trying to remember why his name was so familiar to me...

I remember the Nugget dancer chick who worked me . .

• even that kid Azebukie

Somebody here @ Soulstrut is affiliated w/ this cat. Damn when Stephon Jackson comes back the Doobs are gonna be loaded at the swingman spot.

Lumin

This just in: FUCK DAVID STERN.

The NBA is becoming the NHL with this cronyism and bad-faith bullshit. This mess sickens me.

Guess who's inducting his good buddy Clay Bennett into the OKC Bastetbell Hall-Of-Fame soon?

It seems like Stern and Bennet's friendship was never really picked up on by the media. Everyone thought hoped that Stern would eventually intervene in this fiasco because Seattle is such an obviously valuable market. But now it seems the opposite is true. Stern would like to make an example of Seattle because they won't fork over public money to an NBA franchise. This is a really, really bad look. Stern can most definitely eatadickup. The NBA deserves better leadership.

The NBA becoming the NHL...........

The L is becoming or is the most international L compared to all the other Budweiser sports.

Broadcasting & Playing overseas, expanding the fanbase and accumulating talent outside the country.

Stern is doin it, while the other Leagues cater to BeerBelly Billy.

• This just in: FUCK DAVID STERN.

The NBA becoming the NHL...........

The L is becoming or is the most international L compared to all the other Budweiser sports.

Broadcasting & Playing overseas, expanding the fanbase and accumulating talent outside the country.

Stern is doin it, while the other Leagues cater to BeerBelly Billy.

Dude. These takes are ludicrous. Have you ever been outside Gotham?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If folks in Seattle should be pissed at anyone it shouldn't be Stern or Bennett....you should be mad at the local group who sold the team in the first place.

Dude. These takes are ludicrous. Have you ever been outside Gotham?

Are they? Football aint shit outside of America. Baseball is hot in Japan/Souf america/Carribean.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    even that kid Azebukie

Lumin

my homie did aight last night. that team needs free throw practice
    shouldve won that one

• Dude. These takes are ludicrous. Have you ever been outside Gotham?

Are they? Football aint shit outside of America. Baseball is hot in Japan/Souf america/Carribean.

Not really contending that point. Most people in most countries don't have the money or strong American build to play football. All they can afford is a ball and grass or a ball and a hoop. I don't like your snide little shots at real Americans. You sound like a Communist. I'ma give you a BeerBelly bump when I see yo' ass on the Gotham screets.

The L is cool but it is sooooooo flawed. Just cos you can't hang w/ football you gots to be a hater. Call me the Joker.

The L is cool but it is sooooooo flawed. Just cos you can't hang w/ football you gots to be a hater.

do the math

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    even that kid Azebukie

Somebody here @ Soulstrut is affiliated w/ this cat.

i predict consistency from azubuike. not huge numbers, but double-double type shit in a year or two if he gets decent tic. it's good to see him perform like that though- he was doin that for a minute in the d-league too.
    Damn when Stephon Jackson comes back the Doobs are gonna be loaded at the swingman spot.
    YES. However, it is important to note: their entire roster consists of the swingman spot. seriously-- it's a team of 2-guards that can all jump 42 inches. I would have loved to sit in a room w/ jackson last night watching tv as that game was going on-- the agonizing must have been epic. i would imagine that it set all new intensity records for 'man screaming at television'. it was a good game, (but it appears that the W's front office will not let nellie spend on a coach/consultant dedicated to teaching free throws like he was allowed to in dallas.)

also: all you folks confused about the nba/swag relationship, and wishing the word would disappear: you sound old. for help defining 'swagger', watch baron's pose after the putback on the nba.com top ten video today.

and to the chicago fans: tyrus!!!!

• also: all you folks confused about the nba/swag relationship, and wishing the word would disappear: you sound old. for help defining 'swagger', watch baron's pose after the putback on the nba.com top ten video today.

Would that they had that type of swagger against any other team in the league. I'd be frustrated if I were a Dubs fan. That put-back dunk was 'nanners though.

NO PLAYOFFS IN OAKTOWN THIS YEAR.

• "LOOK AT HIM POSE!!!!!!"

TEH GHEY.

also: all you folks confused about the nba/swag relationship, and wishing the word would disappear: you sound old. for help defining 'swagger', watch baron's pose after the putback on the nba.com top ten video today.

Would that they had that type of swagger against any other team in the league. I'd be frustrated if I were a Dubs fan. That put-back dunk was 'nanners though.

AllCaps Brian is my favorite TV show.

• also: all you folks confused about the nba/swag relationship, and wishing the word would disappear: you sound old. for help defining 'swagger', watch baron's pose after the putback on the nba.com top ten video today.

YOU SHOULDA SEENT THE POSE I DID AFTER I TYPED THAT SHIT.

YOU SHOULDA SEENT THE POSE I DID AFTER I TYPED THAT SHIT.

I didnt watch the game last night. I went to bed after the Pistons/Bulls game.
    Did Matt Barnes even play?
    And how did my boy the Old ass Eddie Jones fare against the Doobs?
    I noticed he didnt start - yall had a Harris/Berea backcourt.

• Barnes did play, him and HArris almost got into it, both got T'ed up. Barnes looked energetic last night. Even with the finger handicap.

• Batmon, I fell asleep in the LaZBoy and woke up to the second half. I don't think Eddie Jones played. I'll defer Matt Barnes takes to the Dubs fans.

It's all about JET. He's been our MVP so far this year. The bench suits him. He's carrying us in 4th quarters right now. The Dubs played a good, hard game like they always do against us and B. Diddy owned. We made our free throws and we made the shots and got the boards at the end to squeak it out. That was a really cool o-o-b play the Ws ran to get Davis and great look that amazingly he missed as time was running down.

It's all about JET. He's been our MVP so far this year.
    and therein lies the reason Dallas will not win a championship this season.

Post Play > Jump Shooting

• It's all about JET. He's been our MVP so far this year.

I like what I think Reggie said last night during the Bulls game. If you're going to rely on jump shooting to win games, you have to create more shot opportunities than the other team. This is so important. Even the best shooting team still needs the opportunities to take those shots.

That said, I still think the Bulls have what it takes even if they are a little lacking in post play. Thomas can get in there, Deng can too. They just don't have the size down low. Bigger teams can stop them. It all depends on who they end up against in the post-season.

It all depends on who they end up against in the post-season.
    your sentiment could not ring any more true to fans of a certain texas squad...

I like what I think Reggie said last night during the Bulls game. If you're going to rely on jump shooting to win games, you have to create more shot opportunities than the other team. This is so important. Even the best shooting team still needs the opportunities to take those shots.

That said, I still think the Bulls have what it takes even if they are a little lacking in post play. Thomas can get in there, Deng can too. They just don't have the size down low. Bigger teams can stop them. It all depends on who they end up against in the post-season.

Well I cant name a championship team that Out Shot their competition.

And dont bring up the Bulls because Grant was good PF.

Reggie's Team that went to the Finals had Rik Smith & the Davis boys.

• It's all about JET. He's been our MVP so far this year.

So by your logic Dubs won't win any games this year? Because obviously the first 1.5 weeks is the blueprint.