NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    That was the best i've seen a Laker team look since Shaq was traded...No Bullshit.....Best part about it was Kobe only played 25 minutes........Meanwhile...The Bulls are a mess......Deng and Thomas for Kobe sounds like a fair trade to me.

Gordan
    Hinrich
    Kobe
    Noah/Smith
    Wallace

Crittenton
    Deng
    Odom
    Thomas
    Bynum

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Suns gotta get it together bigtime against the Cavs tomorrow.

YI SOFT? Never that, putting up some numbers tonite (and even some defense) against a lackluster Bulls team. Def gonna have some Bucks games on my NBALP this year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That was the best i've seen a Laker team look since Shaq was traded...No Bullshit.....Best part about it was Kobe only played 25 minutes..

The Suns were tired from the Sonics game.

Regardless the Lakers passing game was crazy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mav's got 25 out of this dude last night on 9-11 shooting

Plus Josh Howard had 27 in his first game back.

Only 79 more games before it means something!!!

Barea is that dude. Maybe y'all shouldnt have gave Harris that money......

Y'all been biggin Barea up last week.

At 5:11 he's a defensive liability.

But having him and Jet Terry coming off the bench is

At 5:11 he's a defensive liability.

But having him and Jet Terry coming off the bench is

No doubt.

I curious to see how Eddie Jones is gonna work out at the 2 spot.

• Early results: Jones can still D. Mavs need him to hit the 3 with consistency and he'll be a solid contributor.

BAREA!!!!! I got the game Tivo'd. I'm gonna have to watch it for the Barea burn.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm gonna have to watch it for the Barea burn.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Bulls are a mess......Deng and Thomas for Kobe sounds like a fair trade to me.

This isn't even a fair trade after watching these two dudes play last night...They still have another two/three years left to develop

Bulls are in trouble

So what are people's thoughts on how Durant will do this season? I just saw him in some summer league and pre-seasong games and only a few minutes last night before I had to take my kid out for tricker treat. I see he finished shooting around 30% which was what he did before the season started. He got pushed around a lot and had to put up a quantity of shots as well.

I think he'll go for 15-20 a night, get his ass beat from time to time, play away from the hoop as a result, and after he gets a little tougher be a cross between Garnett & Bosh 3-4 years down the road.

Maybe in terms of body type but not in style of game. Garnett & Bosh are good shooters but nowhere near what ive been seein from Durant. Dude is on that Ray Allen/ReggieMiller/Dale Ellis/Allan Houston/WaterShooters....

I'm sticking to Durant averaging 30+ this season. He had 27 last night. He's just warming up.

I hesitate to say this for fear of encouraging Shied, but the 24 points on 53% shooting, 8 rebounds and 5 assists in 36 minutes that Durant had against the Clips earlier is a pretty nice stat line for your third game in the NBA.

"It's tough when three of your point guards are injured and not playing and A.I. is playing the point all the time and you also don't have the ability to put another ball-handler on the court," Karl said. "And the conditioning of my team is not great. The injuries, the limited minutes on Kenyon [Martin] and Nene."

Karl said he might put 'Melo at the point, but Anthony said Wilks expects to be back soon.

Chris Wilcox

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The Bulls are a mess......Deng and Thomas for Kobe sounds like a fair trade to me.

This isn't even a fair trade after watching these two dudes play last night...They still have another two/three years left to develop

Bulls are in trouble

They have looked downright terrible. Hopefully they hit their stride soon. So far, their whole operation has been smothered in

Chris Wilcox -- I noticed a funny play where he was called for a foul against the Suns and he walked about 10 feet then set the ball on the floor and walked away, forcing the official to go grab it. I'm not sure if refs whistle that as a technical or something, but it was pretty disrespectful.

Yes, ::yousoundwhite::

• Chris Wilcox -- I noticed a funny play where he was called for a foul against the Suns and he walked about 10 feet then set the ball on the floor and walked away, forcing the official to go grab it. I'm not sure if refs whistle that as a technical or something, but it was pretty disrespectful.

some guys get mad at a call and then just toss the ball down to the other side of the court...as if to say, you just fucked that call up, now run and get the ball asshole. but, you can basically convey the same message by doing what Wilcox did... you avoid the technical and still make the refs take a stroll to get the ball back.

what i do is pass the ball to the ref(s) who didn't make the call, even if they are on the other end of the court. same message, but now its like, that ref deserves my respect, not you.

what i do is pass the ball to the ref(s) who didn't make the call, even if they are on the other end of the court. same message, but now its like, that ref deserves my respect, not you.

• "It's tough when three of your point guards are injured and not playing and A.I. is playing the point all the time and you also don't have the ability to put another ball-handler on the court," Karl said. "And the conditioning of my team is not great. The injuries, the limited minutes on Kenyon [Martin] and Nene."

Karl said he might put 'Melo at the point, but Anthony said Wilks expects to be back soon.

Yeah Melo came in at the point the other night when Young Wilks came out with the injury. I can't believe this shit, first the Detroit Lions slaughtered the Broncos and injured our last reamining starters, pretty much, and then the Nugs play New Orleans and lose our 3rd point guard to injury (plus JR Smith is out, yet another benched guard, but he comes off suspension for tomorrow's Knicks game, how fitting). So now we got AI, Yakouba Diawara, and JR will be back, no actual point guard. Hopefully Wilks comes back OK. I don't see why they haven't been fuckin' with Von Wafer more, especially with the current lack of point guards. He was fire in the pre-season and was nice on the 14ers squad in the D league last year from what I remember.

Wilks looks good though, I don't even know where this guy cam from but we just signed him before the season started. Kenyon looks pretty good, I'm excited to see him coming back. He's playing limited minutes, but you can see the willingnes to play hard. He just needs to ease back in. Jury's still out on Nene. Camby DPoY again, please. AI is a quiet killer this year. Nugs in 08 batches! Fuck a poing guard!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm not sure if refs whistle that as a technical or something, but it was pretty disrespectful.

^Delay of game

• I hesitate to say this for fear of encouraging Shied, but the 24 points on 53% shooting, 8 rebounds and 5 assists in 36 minutes that Durant had against the Clips earlier is a pretty nice stat line for your third game in the NBA.

watch the game. the way he scores is even more impressive than the box score.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I hesitate to say this for fear of encouraging Shied, but the 24 points on 53% shooting, 8 rebounds and 5 assists in 36 minutes that Durant had against the Clips earlier is a pretty nice stat line for your third game in the NBA.

Durant has been great to watch during his first few games in the L. I didn't see much of him in college, but he scores so gracefully, even in tight situations.

It only gets better?

• I hesitate to say this for fear of encouraging Shied, but the 24 points on 53% shooting, 8 rebounds and 5 assists in 36 minutes that Durant had against the Clips earlier is a pretty nice stat line for your third game in the NBA.

Durant has been great to watch during his first few games in the L. I didn't see much of him in college, but he scores so gracefully, even in tight situations.

It only gets better?

Ahem. Some of us tried to tol' y'all......

It only gets better?

Prior to Durant's Freshman year Texas coach Rick Barnes called a press conference at which he proclaimed Kevin "the best college player in the country".

I think he was right.....Oden included.

I think some folks in our SS Fantasy league was surprised that I picked him 2nd.

It only gets better?

Shit, at second overall pick in a strong draft, he better be as good as you all say! It's only 3 or 4 games into the season though. I just hope the guy bulks up a bit so he can bang with NBA players. We don't need another soft 7 footer with a graceful jumpshot in the league... or do we?

What's your take on the Nuggs/Knicks game tonight, GB?

What's your take on the Nuggs/Knicks game tonight, GB?

Game of the night:[/b] Will the Nuggets need help peeling themselves off of the Boston Garden floor or bounce back from last night's showdown?

Game of the night:[/b] Will the Nuggets need help peeling themselves off of the Boston Garden floor or bounce back from last night's showdown?

Nuggets by 10

• What's your take on the Nuggs/Knicks game tonight, GB?

Been mad busy, my fault.

THAT SHIT WAS WACK. WAA WAA YEAH I CRY. In my opinion, the Knicks were getting some, umm, "special treatment" last night but we still should have closed them out. Bunch of bullshit. Nuggets need a point guard of some kind. They were clueless without a floor leader, playing 1 on 1 at each offensive possession, and the D was in shambles. Some good defensive plays, but overall, total confusion as far as team D. Dudes didn't even know who they were guarding. I was pretty embarrassed for them. They fell apart at the end of the game just like they did half of last season. It's still early though, and we are playing without our starting and backup PG. The Knicks do look a stitch better than they did last year though. Good win for them. We meet at the Pepsi Center again in a couple weeks I believe, redemption, batches! Rolando Balkman is the 2nd best player on the Knicks, next to Starbury. Chew on that.

• Game of the night:[/b] Will the Nuggets need help peeling themselves off of the Boston Garden floor or bounce back from last night's showdown?

As long as the lack of a poing guard doesn't get us all dumb again, we should be able to take it to the Celtics. Is this shit on any major channel? I need it in HD dmamnit! My local channel only does one game in HD every 7 or 8 days or so. Broke ass Stan Kroenke! Haha.