• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Sweatshop - Cleveland Cavaliers

MVP - LeBron James (who you think)

Rings - Spurs

Dark Horse - Warriors.......

Dont Sleep - Washington Wizards

Overhyped - Boston Celtics

Whatever - errbody sleeping on the dna level c

• Do they want to transform bynum into a duncan/kareem hybrid clone or something? I thought the kid showed some promise too when he came out, but shit. Passing on hall of fame calliber players to take a chance on a 19 year old kid? Seriously, not a good look at all for LA. They are straight gripping this young dude like he was holy grail raer.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The games last night were pretty awful. NBA opening day is usually much better than that.

SA/Portland- I only caught the last half, and other than Aldridge dropping buckets at will from time to time, the game was a snoozefest. I realize that was suppose to have been Oden vs. Duncan, but couldn't TNT cover the W's/Utah instead? SA couldn't sell out their home opener, even with the ring ceremony. Note to the NBA: NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. NOT EVEN SAN ANTONIO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. (and yes, SA is a larger market than several teams that routinely sell out games)

LAL/Houston- Everyone's favorite player to play against: Luke Walton. I was embarrassed for the dude. I wished that Bill Walton was doing commentary- I wanted to hear his take on that. T-Mac certainly seemed to enjoy that one. Kobe was trying to prove a point (WE GET IT BEAN, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD. PLAY SMARTER NOW AND WIN YOUR TEAM SOME GAMES OR YOU WILL BE SHIPPED OUT.) He's like one of those significant others towards the end of a relationship that doesn't know how to end it without being a bitch and burning all bridges. It's ok Kobe, sometimes things just don't work out, you don't have to lie about being pregnant or something-- just calm down and move on. He was forcing shots in triple coverage. He got to the line a lot and made a lot of the *madface* at the refs. Deja vu. Again. Battier- try to make all those shots and people will start thinking you're good-- good look on that last 3 though.

GSW/Utah- I'm working on a paper that researches if in fact, Jerry Sloan is a nazi. I think he is. I think the only player I enjoy watching on the Jazz is Paul Milsap. Those other dudes get the gasface. They're all pretty good, just hard to watch. Maybe Boozer too, he gets points on one of the best names in the L, but he royally fucked over the Cavs in a bitchmade way, and I don't like that so much. The W's were rusty, and if they are Mavs-kryptonite, the Utah Jazz are the W's ginormous tarpit. (Especially w/o Ess-dot.) B-Diddy did the usual, but can't do it all himself. Matt Barnes was not in the building. I have never been, and will never be on the Monta Ellis bandwagon. I miss JRich.

Some NBA preview said Portland's Aldridge is like R. Wallace without the attitude. I'm beginning to believe.

Regarding the Warriors - Utah game, the Warriors got the Mavs number, Utah has ours. They simply kill us on the boards and with second chance points. It wasn't close except for the 1st quarter.

Okay, since you quoted this wack shit. I'll say it. JimBeam, you really need a blog....Quality not quantity.

• Quality not quantity.

WOW

B-Mon, you were not kidding with Lamarcus Aldridge. 27 points on Duncan? The dude did not flinch in his presence. Maybe it was actually a blessing for Portland that Oden is getting some rest, since other players can get more touches.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Quality not quantity.

WOW

If he only listened ....

• If only you hadn't quoted his post! The boy was trying to ignore him - Thug Nasty Style!

B-Mon, you were not kidding with Lamarcus Aldridge. 27 points on Duncan? The dude did not flinch in his presence. Maybe it was actually a blessing for Portland that Oden is getting some rest, since other players can get more touches.

Big picture I think Portland was planning on playing them together. Oden at 5, Aldridge at 4. Aldridge would get more touches on offense, Oden would be the center of the defense.

Quality not quantity.

WOW

If he only listened ....

You're thicker in the head than I had imagined. And you consider yourself a scholar right? lol LOLlercoaster. Your words are bland as hell. It's a direct reflection of your tepid analysis in music and basketball, which you have only been exposed to on a second-hand basis. My posts reflect an intolerance in dealing with bitchass characters who don't seem to understand why the fuck I wyle out when i do. Shut up and stay the fuck outta my way.

If only you hadn't quoted his post! The boy was trying to ignore him - Thug Nasty Style!

The Lakers are obviously in disarray, but they may end up with a better record than both of your cities, which are still weak as hell.

Quality not quantity.

WOW

If he only listened ....

You're thicker in the head than I had imagined. And you consider yourself a scholar right? lol LOLlercoaster. Your words are bland as hell. It's a direct reflection of your tepid analysis in music and basketball, which you have only been exposed to on a second-hand basis. My posts reflect an intolerance in dealing with bitchass characters who don't seem to understand why the fuck I wyle out when i do. Shut up and stay the fuck outta my way.

If he only listened .....

Quality not quantity.

WOW

If he only listened ....

Why would I want to listen to the majority of you who seem preoccupied with Kobe bashing, and nothing else?

It's a direct reflection of your tepid analysis in music and basketball, which you have only been exposed to on a second-hand basis.

This from someone that says I just heard Grover Washington!

And i was in bands from high school to college, have appeared on 5-6 records and played in front of about 6,000 people before. What have you done lately? Prepared your halloween costume for the parade today at school?

Quality not quantity.

WOW

If he only listened ....

Why would I want to listen to the majority of you who seem preoccupied with Kobe bashing, and nothing else?

Are you gonna cry? ORRRR bust out with the "faggot" comments? SS is waiting....

Quality not quantity.

WOW

If he only listened ....

Are you gonna cry? ORRRR bust out with the "faggot" comments? SS is waiting....

Are you merely instigating or trying to get this bullshit out the way, so we can discuss ball? I'm working on the latter.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    The games last night were pretty awful. NBA opening day is usually much better than that.

SA/Portland- I only caught the last half, and other than Aldridge dropping buckets at will from time to time, the game was a snoozefest. I realize that was suppose to have been Oden vs. Duncan, but couldn't TNT cover the W's/Utah instead? SA couldn't sell out their home opener, even with the ring ceremony. Note to the NBA: NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. NOT EVEN SAN ANTONIO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. (and yes, SA is a larger market than several teams that routinely sell out games)

LAL/Houston- Everyone's favorite player to play against: Luke Walton. I was embarrassed for the dude. I wished that Bill Walton was doing commentary- I wanted to hear his take on that. T-Mac certainly seemed to enjoy that one. Kobe was trying to prove a point (WE GET IT BEAN, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD. PLAY SMARTER NOW AND WIN YOUR TEAM SOME GAMES OR YOU WILL BE SHIPPED OUT.) He's like one of those significant others towards the end of a relationship that doesn't know how to end it without being a bitch and burning all bridges. It's ok Kobe, sometimes things just don't work out, you don't have to lie about being pregnant or something-- just calm down and move on. He was forcing shots in triple coverage. He got to the line a lot and made a lot of the *madface* at the refs. Deja vu. Again. Battier- try to make all those shots and people will start thinking you're good-- good look on that last 3 though.

GSW/Utah- I'm working on a paper that researches if in fact, Jerry Sloan is a nazi. I think he is. I think the only player I enjoy watching on the Jazz is Paul Milsap. Those other dudes get the gasface. They're all pretty good, just hard to watch. Maybe Boozer too, he gets points on one of the best names in the L, but he royally fucked over the Cavs in a bitchmade way, and I don't like that so much. The W's were rusty, and if they are Mavs-kryptonite, the Utah Jazz are the W's ginormous tarpit. (Especially w/o Ess-dot.) B-Diddy did the usual, but can't do it all himself. Matt Barnes was not in the building. I have never been, and will never be on the Monta Ellis bandwagon. I miss JRich.

Some NBA preview said Portland's Aldridge is like R. Wallace without the attitude. I'm beginning to believe.

Regarding the Warriors - Utah game, the Warriors got the Mavs number, Utah has ours. They simply kill us on the boards and with second chance points. It wasn't close except for the 1st quarter.

Okay, since you quoted this wack shit. I'll say it. JimBeam, you really need a blog....Quality not quantity.
    I JUST WOKE UP FROM A NAP TO THIS?

Yuichi and Whitebelt have joined forces for a board takeover today! Beware of the coup!

• Man, what is with all the booing in these first games? Support your team, people.

JVGundy is hyper on the broadcast tonight. It's amusing.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Man, what is with all the booing in these first games? Support your team, people.

JVGundy is hyper on the broadcast tonight. It's amusing.

Diop and Bass looking good.

I miss JRich.

That trade was Frickin' dumb.

I don't expect to see the Dubs in the playoffs this year.
    there was no official word on it, but those in the know believe that JRich was traded in a failed attempt at landing KG. (whymusticry?-related)

That's part of the rumor mill but probably just to avoid dealing with the real reason, $$$. The Warriors have a slew of free agents next year and need money to sign them. Those include Davis who wants a re-up, Biedrins and Ellis to name three.

I just read that at the end of the season the Warriors will only have TWO players guaranteed signed to a contract at the end of the season as of now, Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington. Davis and a couple others will be restricted, and then the rest will be unrestricted.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    fuk clevland

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    fuk clevland

We aint won shit in any sports in YEARS and mofo's trippin....on what?

• Man, this latest Kobe rumor has the Lakers getting fucked even worse than the proposed Mavs deal. Lakers get Artest and Big Ben, Chi gets Kobe and Sacto gets Gordon and PJ???? WACK. Bucher was talking about it like it was halfway serious though.....Artest and Wallace???? LOL. Makes J-Ho and JET sound lovely.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Man, this latest Kobe rumor has the Lakers getting fucked even worse than the proposed Mavs deal. Lakers get Artest and Big Ben, Chi gets Kobe and Sacto gets Gordon and PJ???? WACK. Bucher was talking about it like it was halfway serious though.....Artest and Wallace???? LOL. Makes J-Ho and JET sound lovely.

I love how P.J. Brown is in there. Like how is he even a bargaining chip for the Bulls? Is he still restricted or something?

I honestly hope the Bulls stand pat. I'd like to see them trade up some of their pieces but not for Kobe. Sure I'd get used to him but I'd rather not. I'm not one of the frothing-at-the-mouth Bulls fans who doesn't want to break up the "deepest team in the history of sports" (as some dude commented either on ESPN or the Chicago Tribune) but I'm not that far off either, haha.

• You got half the bball analysts out there talmbout "Bulls in 08 finals" with the team they have right now, seems silly to fuck up your chemistry for an ego-driven scoring machine with a fucked up contract, and in the process, deal your team's leading defender. I'm not saying it wouldn't work out to be a good thing, but I am saying it would turn the Bulls into a totally different team and probably set them back a bit to build up their new game plan.

You got half the bball analysts out there talmbout "Bulls in 08 finals" with the team they have right now, seems silly to fuck up your chemistry for an ego-driven scoring machine with a fucked up contract, and in the process, deal your team's leading defender. I'm not saying it wouldn't work out to be a good thing, but I am saying it would turn the Bulls into a totally different team and probably set them back a bit to build up their new game plan.

• The way the drama is playing out now, I don't know if any contending team would even want to mess w/ the Kobe drama.

The way the drama is playing out now, I don't know if any contending team would even want to mess w/ the Kobe drama.

Exactly. Why even tamper w/ the team enviorment.

Now teams that are one player away from being a contender like - Orlando.....

• In other news...

I sat 6 rows behind the Sonics bench to witness Kevin Durant's first ever regular season NBA game last night. I was happy to see the Nuggets easily dispatch the Sonics. I will say that Chris Wilcox has been and still is a beast, easily the best player on the Sonics. Dalonte West was no joke last night too. Durant showed some poise, made some shots, showed some hustle. I was not unimpressed.

But the Nuggets, they were on fire. K-Mart was a little slow-going, Nene too, but LK was sinking threes like free throws and had almost 20 points, Melo was in top form with 32 points, 5 asts, 5 rebounds, a block, and a steal. AI was quietly murdering shit all night and ended up with 13 asts, 25 points, 7 steals. and 5 rbds, Diawara got the start with Atkins in the injured list, and he did alright. MFin' Najera was even sinking threes last night. Great team effort, decent defensive effort. The Nugs look good!

I sat 6 rows behind the Sonics bench to witness Kevin Durant's first ever regular season NBA game last night. I was happy to see the Nuggets easily dispatch the Sonics. I will say that Chris Wilcox has been and still is a beast, easily the best player on the Sonics. Dalonte West was no joke last night too. Durant showed some poise, made some shots, showed some hustle. I was not unimpressed.

But the Nuggets, they were on fire. K-Mart was a little slow-going, Nene too, but LK was sinking threes like free throws and had almost 20 points, Melo was in top form with 32 points, 5 asts, 5 rebounds, a block, and a steal. AI was quietly murdering shit all night and ended up with 13 asts, 25 points, 7 steals. and 5 rbds, Diawara got the start with Atkins in the injured list, and he did alright. MFin' Najera was even sinking threes last night. Great team effort, decent defensive effort. The Nugs look good!

There were MANY times the Sonics were outhustling the Nuggets. This was not a blowout at all.
    The Nuggets were lookin like Cruise Control for long spurts.
    I like the Denver Bench alot.

PJ Calisimo's fire is gonna rub off on these Sonic dudes.