NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• The Nuggets starting 5 is stout, even with Diawara, who I watched in Summer League and I thought was impressive. I'm not ready to buy the SAS bombast on that team though.

• 17 point victory is not a blowout?

No i feel you though, it was a game all the way up to the 4th quarter. The difference was that we closed out, whereas last year, we would win tons of games in the first 3 quarters and fall apart in the 4th. And I guess you can look at it like we were out hustled at times, but they were kinda laying back on the d and pushing the ball pretty hard on offense. RUN N GUN WC STYLE. I'd like to see Denver be able to slow the pace and play against half court teams. I know they can run, but the ultimate question is, can they beat a team like the Spurs? It's up to George to keep the patient team defense alive this season.

• Man, this latest Kobe rumor has the Lakers getting fucked even worse than the proposed Mavs deal. Lakers get Artest and Big Ben, Chi gets Kobe and Sacto gets Gordon and PJ???? WACK. Bucher was talking about it like it was halfway serious though.....Artest and Wallace???? LOL. Makes J-Ho and JET sound lovely.

name one trade in the history of the nba where the team that dealt a superstar ended up with a great deal. it doesn't happen. artest and wallace isn't terrible. stephen smith said the deal was vetoed by kobe, who has the right, under his contract, to nix any trade he doesn't like.

the "drama" factor is bullshit and even if it was true it would be irrelevant to trade talks. kobe sells tickets. all these coaches talking about disrupting team chemistry are forgetting that the nba is for entertainment. owners have the finals say on trades, not coaches.

• name one trade in the history of the nba where the team that dealt a superstar ended up with a great deal. it doesn't happen.

This may be true. I just think the youth and potential of Josh and shooting of JET is much better in return than those two oldsters. Obviously I'm biased.

And I'm just using this for a comparison. I'd rather my team stayed pat at this point.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    MFin' Najera was even sinking threes last night.
    that's my dude right there (no ayo)

damn, i check back and the thread is dyin off down page one already! THE SEASON JUST STARTED.
    oh, wait:

kobe

there, that should kick start it again.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fuck K.O.B.E. - he cant go to a contender - end of story.

K.O.B.E.
    color me disconnected: what, pray tell, is the acronym short for?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    K.O.B.E.

Sorry you asked?

• That reminds me. The "Thug Nasty" shit is even more brilliant given that I think Kobe dubbed himself "The Thug Poet", no?

K.O.B.E.

Sorry you asked?
    i should've figured it was another self-authored nickname. still though, i've never heard the record. does he explain the acronym on there?
    I'll guess:
    King
    Of
    Bathing
    Exfoliants
    ?
    Killer
    Offensive
    Basketball
    Engineer
    ?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    That reminds me. The "Thug Nasty" shit is even more brilliant given that I think Kobe dubbed himself "The Thug Poet", no?

He sure did. That's actually the flip of the "K.O.B.E." single.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Just to Set Thangs STR8:

I am breathing a little easier on this. Maybe it would have worked out, maybe it still will be worked out. But this seems to put a stop on this short-term as far as the Bulls.

Paxson puts Kobe rumors to rest
    GM says there will be no deal to bring Lakers superstar to Bulls[/b]

By K.C. Johnson

Tribune staff reporter

2:48 PM CDT, November 1, 2007

Kobe Bryant is not coming to the Bulls.

General manager John Paxson put an end to more than a week of feverish speculation, declaring, "There's not a deal to be done" in the Bryant sweepstakes following Thursday's practice.

"It's time to put it to rest," Paxson said.

Paxson had grown weary of responding to the endless speculation regarding Bryant's future and wanted to ease the minds of his team, which many consider an Eastern Conference favorite.

Paxson acknowledged having several conversations with the Lakers regarding Bryant but refused to divulge specifics. It's known that the Bulls engaged in multiple talks trying to engineer three-team trades, but nothing ever got close, Paxson said.

Paxson refused to say his team was distracted by the daily rumors regarding the incident, saying merely that the Bulls "played poorly" in Wednesday's season-opening loss the Nets.

But Paxson wanted to make sure the situation didn't become a distraction.

"Today sends a message that our guys don't have to worry about anything anymore," he said.

Would the Lakers just get O'Neal and call it a day.

nice wrap-up of recent knicks history @ esquire
    http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/knicks-timeline

• Would the Lakers just get O'Neal and call it a day.

Seriously, before that's not an option anymore and Kobe runs his contract out and leaves the lakers floundering...

nice wrap-up of recent knicks history @ esquire
    http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/knicks-timeline

An enlightening recap!

Taken together, it's worse than I thought.

I like how Ewing got two "complimentory blowjobs"

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    So what are people's thoughts on how Durant will do this season? I just saw him in some summer league and pre-seasong games and only a few minutes last night before I had to take my kid out for tricker treat. I see he finished shooting around 30% which was what he did before the season started. He got pushed around a lot and had to put up a quantity of shots as well.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    So what are people's thoughts on how Durant will do this season? I just saw him in some summer league and pre-seasong games and only a few minutes last night before I had to take my kid out for tricker treat. I see he finished shooting around 30% which was what he did before the season started. He got pushed around a lot and had to put up a quantity of shots as well.

I think he'll go for 15-20 a night, get his ass beat from time to time, play away from the hoop as a result, and after he gets a little tougher be a cross between Garnett & Bosh 3-4 years down the road.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    K.O.B.E.

Sorry you asked?

I'm not sure it stands for anything.

But Tyra Banks did sing it so lovely.

Roots stans: remember when Black Thought was gonna do a solo LP and that other Philly lyrical scoring machine was gonna be the sole guest?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Grant Hill shooting 3s in tonights game, not a good look. Some here talked about how he'd be integrated into the Suns attack and it looks like it's still a work in progress.

I think he'll go for 15-20 a night, get his ass beat from time to time, play away from the hoop as a result, and after he gets a little tougher be a cross between Garnett & Bosh 3-4 years down the road.

Maybe in terms of body type but not in style of game. Garnett & Bosh are good shooters but nowhere near what ive been seein from Durant. Dude is on that Ray Allen/ReggieMiller/Dale Ellis/Allan Houston/WaterShooters....

Grant Hill shooting 3s in tonights game, not a good look. Some here talked about how he'd be integrated into the Suns attack and it looks like it's still a work in progress.

I think he diversifies the offense w/ his midrange game and ball handling.
    His game looked good to me last night.

Hill did look pretty good though 1-7 on threes was a little ehh. The Suns as a whole looked pretty sloppy when I was watching. Looks like Nash had seven turnovers.

Hill did look pretty good though 1-7 on threes was a little ehh. The Suns as a whole looked pretty sloppy when I was watching. Looks like Nash had seven turnovers.

Yeah that game was crazy all over that place - turnovers and shit. That's not entertainment.IMO.

BUT,

The Supersonics look very good. The have a bright future.
    Their young though, so I imagine them hitting a wall down the line.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Maybe in terms of body type but not in style of game. Garnett & Bosh are good shooters but nowhere near what ive been seein from Durant. Dude is on that Ray Allen/ReggieMiller/Dale Ellis/Allan Houston/WaterShooters....

I'm sticking to Durant averaging 30+ this season. He had 27 last night. He's just warming up.

I'm sticking to Durant averaging 30+ this season. He had 27 last night. He's just warming up.

That's K.O.B.E. level shit. And every rookie usually hits a wall in his first season.

And every rookie usually hits a wall in his first season.

At Texas he showed he had the skill to play inside, with his back to the hoop. It's just that he'll have to get a little stronger and more savvy to do so in the NBA.

Maybe he'll be more like Dirk....big man with unstoppable outside shot

At Texas he showed he had the skill to play inside, with his back to the hoop. It's just that he'll have to get a little stronger and more savvy to do so in the NBA.

Maybe he'll be more like Dirk....big man with unstoppable outside shot

Dirk is takin it to the hole this year......Watch out!!!!