NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Looks like Ainge knows what he's doing.

DUDE

Years and years of horrible GMsmanship erased w/ one MLE.

I'm judging him soley based on this year. KG, Ray Allen, and a good role player in Posey. Sounds like a good summer to me.

Tell me the dude on that team who'll want to take the big shot.

Any of the big three are capable of taking the big shot.

Hell.. Smush Parker is "capable" of taking a big shot....When have any of those dudes done anything when it really mattered ?

Well, I don't know about you but I'd be comfortable with either Ray Allen or KG taking the last shot.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Well, I don't know about you but I'd be comfortable with either Ray Allen or KG taking the last shot.

I don't think they'd want to .

I don't think they'd want to .

We'll just have to see I guess. Ed, you need to be around more, so you could stir up the action!

• Looks like Ainge knows what he's doing.

DUDE

Years and years of horrible GMsmanship erased w/ one MLE.

I'm judging him soley based on this year. KG, Ray Allen, and a good role player in Posey. Sounds like a good summer to me.

Tell me the dude on that team who'll want to take the big shot.

i mean come on dude

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I said "big shot"...not "last second shot"

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

hahhahahah. I'm a Bill Walton fan (he does drop knowledge btw), but that was funny.

One knowledge nugget in a sea of over-exaggerated and misinformed "old man" opinions does not equal "dropping knowledge" in my book, but hey, to each his own.

Bill Walton sounds like he's always talking with food in his mouth.

Sure he may "engage in hyperbole", as Steven A. admitted about himself too, but if you get beyond these things, a perceptive fan will realize they drop a ton of knowledge on a nightly basis. For instance, I actually listened in, word for word to how Walton described the game yesterday. Makes perfect sense.

What part of the game was starving kids in africa?

I'm just saying, I know he can speak truth, the guy is a legendary basketball player, dubbed one of the greatest 50 to play the game, of course he has some knoweledge. If he didn't, he'd be completely worthless to the broadcasting world. He just has an extreme tendency to fall off track when talking about the game, missing important moments that could've been commented on. The majority of shit he says about the game is obvious filler crap that doesn't need to be said, he just likes ot hear himself talk. When he does say pertinent and intelligent shit, I don't get surprised, I just wish he were more efficient in his delivery.

• I said "big shot"...not "last second shot"

great point!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

hahhahahah. I'm a Bill Walton fan (he does drop knowledge btw), but that was funny.

One knowledge nugget in a sea of over-exaggerated and misinformed "old man" opinions does not equal "dropping knowledge" in my book, but hey, to each his own.

Sure he may "engage in hyperbole", as Steven A. admitted about himself too, but if you get beyond these things, a perceptive fan will realize they drop a ton of knowledge on a nightly basis. For instance, I actually listened in, word for word to how Walton described the game yesterday. Makes perfect sense.

I'm just saying, I know he can speak truth, the guy is a legendary basketball player, dubbed one of the greatest 50 to play the game, of course he has some knoweledge. If he didn't, he'd be completely worthless to the broadcasting world. He just has an extreme tendency to fall off track when talking about the game, missing important moments that could've been commented on. The majority of shit he says about the game is obvious filler crap that doesn't need to be said, he just likes ot hear himself talk. When he does say pertinent and intelligent shit, I don't get surprised, I just wish he were more efficient in his delivery.

I'm not a big Walton-commentator fan. You need to wade through too much crap to get to any real insight into the game. He's MUCH better in a one on one situation or interview where he gets to talk about the game than doing play by play.

I'm not a big Walton-commentator fan. You need to wade through too much crap to get to any real insight into the game. He's MUCH better in a one on one situation or interview where he gets to talk about the game than doing play by play.

That may be true. But the first time I heard "Throw it down big man!" on national t.v. it had me smiling.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

That may be true. But the first time I heard "Throw it down big man!" on national t.v. it had me smiling.

Yeah, well that's usually in the midst of comments like "He's the greatest big man since blah blah blah" after ONE move!

Yeah, well that's usually in the midst of comments like "He's the greatest big man since blah blah blah" after ONE move!

That's what makes him great. Apparently Boris Diaw reminds him of the Romance Era?! Hilarious.

I remember at the end of Chick Hearn's career as a Laker broadcaster, he'd be messing up the names frequently! Eddie Jones would be shooting, and he'd be like "Nick Van Exel pulls up for a 20fter". My point is that, like Chick Hearn, he knows a lot about basketball and his comments are good-natured.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    After I heard Walton say that Richard Jefferson was the best athlete to ever play in the NBA I couldn't take him seriously anymore.

After I heard Walton say that Richard Jefferson was the best athlete to ever play in the NBA I couldn't take him seriously anymore.

haha. At that time, he probably was one of the best athletes in the game though. I mean let's not forget, the boy can get up.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

haha. At that time, he probably was one of the best athletes in the game though. I mean let's not forget, the boy can get up.

Yeah...that......and he was Luke's room mate at Az.

Yeah...that......and he was Luke's room mate at Az.

Oh yea? haha. I knew they both went to U of A, but didn't know that.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I remember a broadcast where dude said that Steve Nash was the "most finely tuned athlete on the face of the planet" and I just started dying. That's why I like Walton, he is so way off the mark with so many comments, it's entertaining.

I don't have the time to write a full page on it, but Mexico is ALRIGHT dudes.
    They got some legit talent. Nolan Richardson (former Arkansas coach) is looking like a genius.

steve nash on charlie rose last night

there's a couple interesting points, nash says he's "not surprised" by the ref scandal, etc. but cotdamn, charlie rose is horrible. could he possibly interrupt anyone any more than he does?

You know what I thought about on my way to work today? That Leandro Barbosa would be an incredible soccer player if he wasn't playing basketball. And that him, Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker, would form a dope team if they all of them chose to be professional soccer players instead.

Which NBA players can you imagine being a multi-sport athlete? and which sport would they play besides basketball?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Kobe got his ankles broke by Romel Beck.

Kobe got his ankles broke by Romel Beck.

Yea he did. But KB is looking good man. He's getting some extra lift on his dunks and seemingly has more energy in general, due to the weight loss.

That center/power forward dude was solid as well. Supposedly gonna play in the L soon.

These Frenchies know how to throw it down.

Skip to my Lou getting kinda disorderly?
    Skip charged with stabbing someone

he's already got witnesses in the bar that said the whole thing is bullshit. they released him with no bail, etc. etc.
    Alston's lawyer claims that the victim's story is hogwash, and that he's already got two bouncers lined to clear his client. Alston was released without bail last night.
    doesn't sound like they are too worried about it. just another club hanger-on trying to get their fifteen minutes.

he's already got witnesses in the bar that said the whole thing is bullshit. they released him with no bail, etc. etc.
    Alston's lawyer claims that the victim's story is hogwash, and that he's already got two bouncers lined to clear his client. Alston was released without bail last night.
    doesn't sound like they are too worried about it. just another club hanger-on trying to get their fifteen minutes.

Yea, it's not like him to do something like that.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    The Bucks finally signed Yi.

Thoughts anyone?

Is Milwaukee ready for an international superstar?

For some reason I was holding on to the pipedream that the Chinese would force the Bucks to trade Yi, possibly to the Bulls for Noah and change. Oh well.

All this ref BS has really clouded the league. I was excited for this season too, but it's totally tainted.

Yi finally signs

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Yea, it's not like him to do something like that.

Can you share any further personal insights into Skip's character that you have gained while partying with him?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The Bucks finally signed Yi.

Thoughts anyone?

Is Milwaukee ready for an international superstar?

For some reason I was holding on to the pipedream that the Chinese would force the Bucks to trade Yi, possibly to the Bulls for Noah and change. Oh well.

All this ref BS has really clouded the league. I was excited for this season too, but it's totally tainted.

Yi finally signs

Fuck Yi. Softbatch. How you gonna get drafted to the NBA and complain about what team picked you? That's fuckin' bullshit if you ask me. I think he'll be a huge bust.