NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    The Bucks finally signed Yi.

Thoughts anyone?

Is Milwaukee ready for an international superstar?

For some reason I was holding on to the pipedream that the Chinese would force the Bucks to trade Yi, possibly to the Bulls for Noah and change. Oh well.

All this ref BS has really clouded the league. I was excited for this season too, but it's totally tainted.

Yi finally signs

Fuck Yi. Softbatch. How you gonna get drafted to the NBA and complain about what team picked you? That's fuckin' bullshit if you ask me. I think he'll be a huge bust.
    I'm pulling for Yi. He's playing at a decent level for a rookie, his summer league games were alright, and I kinda enjoy seeing a foreigner cop an attitude like that. From what I've seen, he's got a good sense of team and camaraderie. [predictable Yao comparison]Remember, until Yao was saying "YOU CAN'T FUCKIN' STOP ME" (which was AWESOME), he was getting punked on a regular basis- he had to develop the 'take-no-shit' attitude that Yi already has.[/predictable Yao comparison]
    His teammate gets dunked on by Pau Gasol pretty hard here, then Yi returns the favor in Pau's face after beating him off the dribble, giving him the 'you're not actually there' shoulder on his way to the foul line... Call me nuts, I like seeing that from a foreigner. SWAGGER.

i just watched that again. Yi's dunk came first, it was edited backward. He does the pull up on the rim ass in your face to spain for no reason.
    that is MORE SWAG.
    like this!

• mark cuban to participate in dancing with the stars 5

As if Dallas needed any more fodder for "soft" accusations

• The Bucks finally signed Yi.

Thoughts anyone?

For some reason I was holding on to the pipedream that the Chinese would force the Bucks to trade Yi, possibly to the Bulls for Noah and change. Oh well.

All this ref BS has really clouded the league. I was excited for this season too, but it's totally tainted.

Yi finally signs

Fuck Yi. Softbatch. How you gonna get drafted to the NBA and complain about what team picked you? That's fuckin' bullshit if you ask me. I think he'll be a huge bust.

er, lots of players in pro sports across the board complain about what team drafted them. and some force trades or refuse to play for teams. should it matter that much just because yi is foreign, like he should be thankful to be playing in the nba?

i think yi'll be fine, and i'm excited for the milwaukee bucks to have such a player.

Go tell Floyd Mayweather he's soft too, mmkay, you big bad NYC dude you.

• i think the warriors should try and get Yi. (maybe even the kings for that matter) anytime you have a potential superstar in a market where kids have been shouting his name for years (yiii yeee --> bay area stand up) i'd say it's a good thing.

Cuban's a tool bro. You and I know it. If that were the owner of the Knicks, you would have jokes for days.

This just fits a picture of behavior for your team, that I'm afraid is not what they need at this time.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    mark cuban to participate in dancing with the stars 5

Cuban's a tool bro. You and I know it. If that were the owner of the Knicks, you would have jokes for days.

This just fits a picture of behavior for your team, that I'm afraid is not what they need at this time.

Cedric the Entertaining had a hilarious bit on this in his last HBO special, talking about how Jerry Rice needed to "man up" his moves.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    he's already got witnesses in the bar that said the whole thing is bullshit. they released him with no bail, etc. etc.
    Alston's lawyer claims that the victim's story is hogwash, and that he's already got two bouncers lined to clear his client. Alston was released without bail last night.
    doesn't sound like they are too worried about it. just another club hanger-on trying to get their fifteen minutes.

Yea, it's not like him to do something like that.

Can you share any further personal insights into Skip's character that you have gained while partying with him?

Well for starters, I can recite word for word, Skip's interviews from the ESPN Streetball documentaries.

This is just the sort of filler that needs to be kept out this season. Sorry.

Thoughts anyone?

Yi finally signs

I'm pulling for Yi. He's playing at a decent level for a rookie, his summer league games were alright, and I kinda enjoy seeing a foreigner cop an attitude like that. From what I've seen, he's got a good sense of team and camaraderie. [predictable Yao comparison]Remember, until Yao was saying "YOU CAN'T FUCKIN' STOP ME" (which was AWESOME), he was getting punked on a regular basis- he had to develop the 'take-no-shit' attitude that Yi already has.[/predictable Yao comparison]

His teammate gets dunked on by Pau Gasol pretty hard here, then Yi returns the favor in Pau's face after beating him off the dribble, giving him the 'you're not actually there' shoulder on his way to the foul line... Call me nuts, I like seeing that from a foreigner. SWAGGER.

I'm all for Yi. His potential is there. But like many players in the L, it may only take a couple seasons until the novelty wears off. For Yi, and other star international players in their respective countries, I can see why they can get picky about which city to play in. After all, as Scoop Jackson noted about LBJ, "Lebron James is not a human being, he's a multi-million dollar business. And he and his associates need to think like that."

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Thoughts anyone?

Yi finally signs

I'm all for Yi. His potential is there. But like many players in the L, it may only take a couple seasons until the novelty wears off. For Yi, and other star international players in their respective countries, I can see why they can get picky about which city to play in. After all, as Scoop Jackson noted about LBJ, "Lebron James is not a human being, he's a multi-million dollar business. And he and his associates need to think like that."

That's a load of bullshit. Any player coming into the NBA should be happy to get drafted by any team, period. Fuck a business, any top player can do well wherever he goes. The worst teasm always get the top picks, that's how it works. The Nuggets sucked before Melo, he wasn't bitching about coming here. The Cavs sucked before Lebron. He wasn't bitching about going there. Yi is no more important than anybody else in the top ten of the draft. He did go 6th for a reason - he wasn't good enough or valuable enough for anybody to take him 1-5. Dude should be happy the NBA wanted him. It's not like he's the only 7 footer left in the world with some skills.

Sorry? Be sorry for your blog's lack of popularity or your team's lack of Power Moves. Do not be sorry for me. I will say what I please and you must deal. What are you going to do, leave?

Thoughts anyone?

Yi finally signs

er, lots of players in pro sports across the board complain about what team drafted them. and some force trades or refuse to play for teams. should it matter that much just because yi is foreign, like he should be thankful to be playing in the nba?

i think yi'll be fine, and i'm excited for the milwaukee bucks to have such a player.

I didn't say anything about what country he came from, I don't give a shit about that. anybody given an opportunity to play in the NBA should be happy with the fact that they will soon be extremely rich to play ball. I think he should be a little more positive about being drafted, at least externally, and I think he will be a good addition to the Bucks as well. If he didn't want to go to Milwaukee, you know, maybe he should have just kept that to himself and worked with the owners/GM to work out a trade. Coming out and straight refusing to play for the team that picked you in the draft is horse shit. I'm glad he came around finally.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Sorry? Be sorry for your blog's lack of popularity or your team's lack of Power Moves. Do not be sorry for me. I will say what I please and you must deal. What are you going to do, leave?

Heaven forbid!

We will be as a group of blind men packed onto a rudderless dinghy mercilessly jostled by a storm of basketball-related news and statistics without the Scientist to guide us.

Thoughts anyone?

Yi finally signs

That's a load of bullshit. Any player coming into the NBA should be happy to get drafted by any team, period. Fuck a business, any top player can do well wherever he goes. The worst teasm always get the top picks, that's how it works. The Nuggets sucked before Melo, he wasn't bitching about coming here. The Cavs sucked before Lebron. He wasn't bitching about going there. Yi is no more important than anybody else in the top ten of the draft. He did go 6th for a reason - he wasn't good enough or valuable enough for anybody to take him 1-5. Dude should be happy the NBA wanted him. It's not like he's the only 7 footer left in the world with some skills.

What the hell? It's a business decision and a country's decision. Not a personal one. What part of "Multi-million dollar business" do you not understand? There's a whole lot more merit in the short and long-run, playing in a big city like LA or New York or Chicago, where there's a significantly larger Chinese population and media presence. Also, it's a big deal for a young relatively non-English speaking dude to relocate overseas and be dropped off in Milwakee of all places. He has a greater chance of international exposure and realizing his potential (whatever that may be) in a more suitable climate. Again, this is a decision not only for him, but for his peoples as well.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Thoughts anyone?

Yi finally signs

I didn't say anything about what country he came from, I don't give a shit about that. anybody given an opportunity to play in the NBA should be happy with the fact that they will soon be extremely rich to play ball. I think he should be a little more positive about being drafted, at least externally, and I think he will be a good addition to the Bucks as well. If he didn't want to go to Milwaukee, you know, maybe he should have just kept that to himself and worked with the owners/GM to work out a trade. Coming out and straight refusing to play for the team that picked you in the draft is horse shit. I'm glad he came around finally.

In Yi's defense, there have been plenty of players that refused to play for the teams that drafted them and forced a trade. Yi also made it pretty clear he only wanted to go to a few big markets and refused to workout for many teams. If I remember correctly, he did not work out for the Bucks, and they had no contact with him at all before draft night. That being said, I'm glad he's signed and going to play this year. He has a lot of potential, with his main drawback being a lack of strength and bulk. During the summer league he just got bumped and banged right out of the post by guys half his size, but he did consistently go to the post which I liked because before I thought he was more of a perimeter jump shooter.

If by "tool" you mean "best owner in professional sports", then I agree.

This is side shit that ain't got nothin to do w/ nothin but the fact that you think it means ANYTHING and are somehow making a stand behind it is hilarious. Cuban is the owner. He can do what he wants. He's got Pimp Juice Jr. to run his team.

Look, there's two teams I'll say are better than mine: Spurs and Warriors. All you other lil' dudes w/ your lil' teams aint sayin or seein shit. Y'all tawmbout Knicks got some swag? Knicks fucking suck. Our games against them were A JOKE last season. They haven't done shit in years so we don't need to talk about them or how much SWAG they got. So you can take your cries of SOFT or whatever the fuck and jam 'em right there cos we don't give a fuck. We run y'all. DEAL.

I'M TIRED. PEACE.

ps - Warriors won't make the playoffs this year. Mavs to hoist the trophy. Ya heard?

Blog's lack of popularity. lol Trust me, the last thing I'm thinking about is making any sort of money off my writings on the internet or gaining huge popularity. I just put up a link to my site on Insidehoops, Laker forum, and I got 8 hits today! Just trying to get in the habit of writing, and if I see that people actually come back to read what I write, that's great. It means I'm probably doing something right.

We will be as a group of blind men packed onto a rudderless dinghy mercilessly jostled by a storm of basketball-related news and statistics without the Scientist to guide us.

I don't provide statistics, I just provide the truth.

In Yi's defense, there have been plenty of players that refused to play for the teams that drafted them and forced a trade.

Can you knowledge me on some NBA players in the top ten who've done this with an outright refusal to sign after the draft? Publicly? Most of the times I've heard of this happening, it was dealt with behind closed doors. I just feel like that's some lame shit. I know he isn't the first ever, but it still pisses me off, plus I'm in a kinda rowdy mood today.

his main drawback being a lack of strength and bulk.

Yo Gene, I advise you to set up an auto response that goes "Fuck you bitch! You have as much clout as a dead goldfish".

• Yo Gene, I advise you to set up an auto response that goes "Fuck you bitch! You have as much clout as a dead goldfish".

Whatever. It's all a journey. I welcome the "discourse".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

If by "tool" you mean "best owner in professional sports", then I agree.

This is side shit that ain't got nothin to do w/ nothin but the fact that you think it means ANYTHING and are somehow making a stand behind it is hilarious. Cuban is the owner. He can do what he wants. He's got Pimp Juice Jr. to run his team.

Look, there's two teams I'll say are better than mine: Spurs and Warriors. All you other lil' dudes w/ your lil' teams aint sayin or seein shit. Y'all tawmbout Knicks got some swag? Knicks fucking suck. Our games against them were A JOKE last season. They haven't done shit in years so we don't need to talk about them or how much SWAG they got. So you can take your cries of SOFT or whatever the fuck and jam 'em right there cos we don't give a fuck. We run y'all. DEAL.

I'M TIRED. PEACE.

ps - Warriors won't make the playoffs this year. Mavs to hoist the trophy. Ya heard?

Damn, dude, you sound wilde emotional.

• Methinks you all doth protest too much.

• Damn, dude, you sound wilde emotional.

This is different how?

MAN CANNOT LIVE ON PRESEASON FOOTBALL AND OFFSEASON NBA TALK ALONE. I AM DYING OVER HERE. I FEEL LIKE A CAGED ANIMAL.

Nice comeback JP. Seriously.

Methinks you all doth protest too much.

Come up with something worth reading, please. "softbatch "

I don't provide statistics, I just provide the truth.
    THIS JUST IN: DATA =/= TRUTH.
    THIS THREAD IS AWESOME TODAY.

GP is fired up. that is good.
    DIRK CAN EAT 7,000 WEE WEES AND DIE.

My brain is spent, I am not fit for discussion today.

wilde emotional.
    GP. ^^^NEW LOC PLAESE.^^^