NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Anyone watching FIBA games?

Summary here for those that didn't or you can go to ESPN.com

(shouts to Batmon for the gettyimages link.)

Yes, Carmelo has been killing it. Kobe too. Everybody, really. Kidd is having a field day just chucking up lobs to anybody and nobody. We have yet to face a real challenge though. Argentina will be the only potentially challenging team in our division. We'll see what happens in China next year. Them Greeks are tough.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Them Greeks are tough.

They're on fire!!!

By the way, I love how your blog writes off Carmelo (who shared the highest score of 21 points with LBJ, but also led the team in rebounds with 10 and being the only player in the game to get a double double, all in 17 minutes of play) as being the beneficiary of easy buckets, and barely mentions him again. CARMELO HATER.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

By the way, I love how your blog writes off Carmelo (who shared the highest score of 21 points with LBJ, but also led the team in rebounds with 10 and being the only player in the game to get a double double, all in 17 minutes of play) as being the beneficiary of easy buckets, and barely mentions him again. CARMELO HATER.

My outlook on him has slightly changed since my last bashing, but in all hoensty, I didn't catch the first quarter where he got the bulk of his points.

Celtics sign Jamey Posey. Defensive Small Forward off the bench who is a streaky 3 point threat.

Good pick up by the Celts! Looks like Ainge knows what he's doing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Looks like Ainge knows what he's doing.

DUDE

• Looks like Ainge knows what he's doing.

DUDE

Years and years of horrible GMsmanship erased w/ one MLE.

Them Greeks are tough.

They're on fire!!!

I say 95% likelihood that U.S. is gonna get gold.

DUDE

I'm judging him soley based on this year. KG, Ray Allen, and a good role player in Posey. Sounds like a good summer to me.

DUDE

I'm judging him soley based on this year. KG, Ray Allen, and a good role player in Posey. Sounds like a good summer to me.

Dude, he made what would been an absurdly ill-advised move in acquiring Allen, which only looks good in hindsight because he had the incredible good fortune to land KG.

One fortuitous event does not redeem one of the league's worst GMs.

DUDE

Dude, he made what would been an absurdly ill-advised move in acquiring Allen, which only looks good in hindsight because he had the incredible good fortune to land KG.

Says one of 10 NBA fans on this board, approving of every Isiah Thomas move.

[vent]Speaking of these FIBA games, btw, Bill Walton needs to get the BAN from announcing. He makes me want to fall asleep. He starts talking and forgets there's a basketball game going on. You'll see some notable sequence happen and he's talking about kids in third world countries or some shit, completely ignoring the game for 5 or 6 transitions. Dude, you're calling the game, not pitching a story for Dateline. Please to shut the fuck up and do your job. Thanx.[/vent]

I think USA will take the Gold next year too, and Carmelo will lead the world in scoring. Kobe will do some amazing shit too. It will be glorious.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

DUDE

At least Thomas' moves are entertaining in the "let's see how bad this train wreck can get" sense. Ainge went from funny/sad 5 or 6 seasons back to just plain pathetic. It's absolutely horrible what he has done to that storied franchise over the last 10 years. Hopefully, if/when Boston has any success this season, it's attributed to the players, not the front office.

DUDE

Isiah >>>>>>>>>>>> Ainge

At least his Knicks have always had swag.

[vent]Speaking of these FIBA games, btw, Bill Walton needs to get the BAN from announcing.
    I used to think the same thing. I have no idea how after the last couple of seasons, I've learned to enjoy Walton's mental meanderings. Dude gets absolutely lost in his own little world, and it's entertaining to me.
    I mean, c'mon. This shit is so over the top it's hysterical.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ainge got lucky. And Dont think for a second McHale wasnt a factor in this. Dude scratchin each others back.

Im still excited though. Celtics vs Knicks.....maybe that the Soulstrut game we should bumrush.
    Tickets are gonna be hella hard to cop.

DUDE

Isiah >>>>>>>>>>>> Ainge

SWAG. lol

• LA is one of the teams that has been robbed of its swag in recent years.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Walton is a genius. All those years of Dead Concerts has revved up his lyrical game.

[vent]Speaking of these FIBA games, btw, Bill Walton needs to get the BAN from announcing.
    I used to think the same thing. I have no idea how after the last couple of seasons, I've learned to enjoy Walton's mental meanderings. Dude gets absolutely lost in his own little world, and it's entertaining to me.

I mean, c'mon. This shit is so over the top it's hysterical.

hahhahahah. I'm a Bill Walton fan (he does drop knowledge btw), but that was funny.

LA is one of the teams that has been robbed of its swag in recent years.

says the dude who can't decide which team to root for.

oh wait, nevermind. That sorta fandom mentality is antiquated.

DUDE

Isiah >>>>>>>>>>>> Ainge

SWAG. lol

^^^^^SO SWAG-DEFICIENT THAT HE LAUGHS NERVOUSLY AT THE VERY NOTION

• LA is one of the teams that has been robbed of its swag in recent years.

I am a fan of two teams - The Warriors and The Knicks. They represent the two places I have lived, for almost equal portions of my life.

You don't even know what it's like to root for a team like either of those two. You don't have what it takes son. You drink bubble tea and your heart pumps kool-aid.

I am a fan of two teams - The Warriors and The Knicks. They represent the two places I have lived, for almost equal portions of my life.

You don't even know what it's like to root for a team like either of those two. You don't have what it takes son. You drink bubble tea and your heart pumps kool-aid.

Dude is made of cake with sugary purple and yellow frosting.

hahhahahah. I'm a Bill Walton fan (he does drop knowledge btw), but that was funny.

One knowledge nugget in a sea of over-exaggerated and misinformed "old man" opinions does not equal "dropping knowledge" in my book, but hey, to each his own.

Bill Walton sounds like he's always talking with food in his mouth.

One knowledge nugget in a sea of over-exaggerated and misinformed "old man" opinions does not equal "dropping knowledge" in my book, but hey, to each his own.

he's got a few speech problems. i've seen him talk about his horrible stutter before.

i just re-read that sentence. i guess my grasp of the english language isn't all there today either. ugh.

Sure he may "engage in hyperbole", as Steven A. admitted about himself too, but if you get beyond these things, a perceptive fan will realize they drop a ton of knowledge on a nightly basis. For instance, I actually listened in, word for word to how Walton described the game yesterday. Makes perfect sense.

I'm glad I don't know what it's like!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I'm glad I don't know what it's like!

I'd say over the next 5-6 years you'll know EXACTLY what it's like.

Hell...I root for a team that was the worst sports franchise for an entire decade!!

• YUICHI, ARE YOU GONNA LET THOSE BUTTER SOFT NYC CATS TALK TO YOU LIKE THAT? I WOULDN'T TAKE THAT IF I WERE YOU SON. I BET FAUX_RILLZ IS SHORTER THAN YOU IN REAL LIFE.