NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And hey, if you don't like his style, bully for you. But he got an MVP behind that, so whatever big dog.

albeit one that was generally scoffed at by basketball fans everywhere...

MVP Presentation Ceremony. Fantastic:

MVP Presentation Ceremony. Funny/Sad:

CUBAN COULDN'T EVEN TUCK IN HIS SHIRT, LET ALONE WEAR A SUIT OR KEEP FROM CRYING.

CUBAN FOUND THOSE JEANS IN THE WOMENS' SECTION OF THE THRIFT STORE

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    offensive basketball

I do find Dirk's brand of basketball to be rather aesthetically offensive.

I do find your takes to be those of a man who's got the box scores and transactions of today's newspaper memorized, but doesn't have a good handle on the synergy of the game. The "soul" if you will.

Dude, your argument appears to be the one premised upon stats or whatever, not mine.

You're saying he packs the box score and his teams amass winning records (I think--I can't imagine what else one would say in his defense); I'm saying it pains me to watch him.

Yeah okay. Look bro, you're obviously a smart dude, but this is just the dumbest shit ever.

Answer me this: why do you have such an axe to grind against dude? Are you Jewish? Is this a German thing? I know that sounds outlandish but I can't imagine why you would hate the dude so much. It utterly confounds me.

WOW

• I see you faux. You've yet to actually engage w/ me on this topic and that's fine. I can play a role. Hopefully it's entertaining to others at least. I figured you'd be more the sporting type though, not the fish-in-a-barrel type. Getting me riled up is as easy as Bizzo getting a coked up hore into his Hummer.

• ...and nba players need to learn about the wonders of tailoring and finding suits that fit.

yo, but is this an nba thread? i haven't seen kobe or lebron's name mentioned.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

• offensive basketball

I do find your takes to be those of a man who's got the box scores and transactions of today's newspaper memorized, but doesn't have a good handle on the synergy of the game. The "soul" if you will.

Dude, your argument appears to be the one premised upon stats or whatever, not mine.

You're saying he packs the box score and his teams amass winning records (I think--I can't imagine what else one would say in his defense); I'm saying it pains me to watch him.

Yeah okay. Look bro, you're obviously a smart dude, but this is just the dumbest shit ever.

Answer me this: why do you have such an axe to grind against dude? Are you Jewish? Is this a German thing? I know that sounds outlandish but I can't imagine why you would hate the dude so much. It utterly confounds me.

WOW

SAY SOMETHIN THEN FOOL.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    offensive basketball

WOW

SAY SOMETHIN THEN FOOL.

"Faux Rillz: Harrassing ******* on the internet since '03"

I would assume this provoking shit is a lawyer tactic. Maintaining one's cool until the other implodes.

I can't wait til the season starts, so we could have other fine contributors jump in and display their NBA prowess!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    ...and nba players need to learn about the wonders of tailoring and finding suits that fit.
    YES. They should also learn that the only people pulling off four button double breasted are either a Beefeater or Shaq.

...and nba players need to learn about the wonders of tailoring and finding suits that fit.
    YES. They should also learn that the only people pulling off four button double breasted are either a Beefeater or Shaq.

JimBeam, you're like the male version of Elise.

No wonder you keep blowing up my PM box with "LMIRL!!!" requests.

b/w

What does that even mean?

b/w

Should I? I don't wanna hurt any more e-feelings. Just stay outta my way, and we're good. ya HeRD?

b/w

Should I? I don't wanna hurt any more e-feelings. Just stay outta my way, and we're good. ya HeRD?
    uh, yeah. loud and clear.
    your mom wants you to do the dishes before she gets home from work.

b/w

uh, yeah. loud and clear.

your mom wants you to do the dishes before she gets home from work.

Next time try to stay away from alcohol before 4pm.

in other news, francisco elson broke his eye socket in euro play.
    he prob wont miss any NBA PT though: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2996344&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

In Yi's defense, there have been plenty of players that refused to play for the teams that drafted them and forced a trade.

Can you knowledge me on some NBA players in the top ten who've done this with an outright refusal to sign after the draft? Publicly? Most of the times I've heard of this happening, it was dealt with behind closed doors. I just feel like that's some lame shit. I know he isn't the first ever, but it still pisses me off, plus I'm in a kinda rowdy mood today.

The one I can remember right off the top of my head was Steve Francis was drafted by the Memphis Grizz in 1999 as the 2nd pick in the draft. He refused to go there and forced a trade to the Rockets. The only way he got the deal done was by going public. There have been others.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Another one would be Danny Ferry.

Probably the second hardest thing to live up to besides "Air Apparent".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I missed the female mudwrestling up in herr.

I missed the female mudwrestling up in herr.

I was flashing the Bat signal multiple times to get some help!

Mawfuggas tossing terds at each other. While me, I just do me. I'm a gangsta.

• I'm a gangsta.

You are made of cake, low in calories and coated with frosty cream.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm a gangsta.

As my Dad told me when I was a youngster...

"Real gangsters don't ever admit they're real gangsters"

I'm a gangsta.

As my Dad told me when I was a youngster...

"Real gangsters don't ever admit they're real gangsters"

Yall need to stop

and recognize my internet thuggery.

Ill never doubt K.O.B.E. on the defensive end again. I knew he can get down, but to sacrifice his O to stop a cat is that shit.

Ill never doubt K.O.B.E. on the defensive end again. I knew he can get down, but to sacrifice his O to stop a cat is that shit.

ya heard? I intentionally kept it out of discussion....BUT since you brought it up. That 20lb weight loss is doing wonders ain't it? He's dunking a lot more as well.

Suns will have some slippage.

I wanna see Grant Hill in the Suns system.

Suns will have some slippage.

I think he'll do well, cuz he's not really forced into any position or role. He'll get what he can get. Suns style is like that.

I think he'll do well, cuz he's not really forced into any position or role. He'll get what he can get. Suns style is like that.

Scientifical Telepathic Gangsterism.

Scientifical Telepathic Gangsterism.
    You know!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    What part of the Suns offense will have to be changed because of Hill though? The guy can't hit a consistent 3 pointer and that has always been a dominant part of the Suns system? Will they expect him to play inside more instead?