NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Yeah but that's just a formality at this point, Mullin's on some "It was tough to let him go" shit, I'm pretty sure both teams agreed on the proposal, the league just has to come in and say the trade was done. It took until the end of the second round to announce the trade the celtics and sonics did at the 5th pick. That's just the way it works.

• I would have taken Glen Davis

Same here.

I like that Fazekas is a Sr. and 3 time CPOY. I just don't know how good of a chance his game has of translating to the NBA level. His ceiling looks like an Austin Croshere type. Any minutes they'd think about giving him I'd rather them give to Mbenga or Pops. It's time to see what we have in these two athletic freaks.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I would have taken Glen Davis

Same here.

I like that Fazekas is a Sr. and 3 time CPOY. I just don't know how good of a chance his game has of translating to the NBA level. His ceiling looks like an Austin Croshere type. Any minutes they'd think about giving him I'd rather them give to Mbenga or Pops. It's time to see what we have in these two athletic freaks.

If Glen Davis is having weight issues right now. Imagine how he'll be 5 years down the line.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Dudes, GP is an unrepentent Big Baby rider...where you see bust, he sees Ba-Ba-BOOOM!

• Dudes, GP is an unrepentent Big Baby rider...where you see bust, he sees Ba-Ba-BOOOM!

That's my dog. He's goin to yr squad now so get the scoop. Holler.

Yi Lianjian biyotches!

• Lakers drafted the "Chinese Magic".

I was hoping he'd last to 51.

• C'MON MAVS, DJ STRAWBERRY W/ THE LAST PICK. LET'S DO THIS.

Jesus, the spurs LOVE them some intl players!

Lakers drafted the "Chinese Magic".

I was hoping he'd last to 51.

Well if Kobe leaves, I guess the Lakers will have a new breed of fans flocking to the Staples Center.

Sounds pretty good:

"Strengths: Combines good athleticism with excellent court vision. Shows some point guard skills at 6-9. Has good slashing ability and decent outside touch."

C'MON MAVS, DJ STRAWBERRY W/ THE LAST PICK. LET'S DO THIS.

so close...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Hmm. I thought it was accepted. Maybe not?

Mullin's on here sounding like they got Wright...

Don't think it's official yet.

I don't have any confidence in Jordan building a team yet. Look what he did in washiongton. I think Jordan wants to win NOW so that's why he went for Richardson. He wants older players instead of bunch of rookies.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    C'MON MAVS, DJ STRAWBERRY W/ THE LAST PICK. LET'S DO THIS.

so close...

PHX SON

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't have any confidence in Jordan building a team yet. Look what he did in washiongton. I think Jordan wants to win NOW so that's why he went for Richardson. He wants older players instead of bunch of rookies.

Jordan the exec = straight garbage

Is this some kind of backhanded slight at the Lakers!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    im gonna miss jrich but im cool with this trade. im surprised you can deal a guy w/ money left on a long term contract straight up for a draft pick.

brendan wright is 6'9 200lbs, shit im 6ft 200! hit them weights son!

im gonna miss jrich but im cool with this trade. im surprised you can deal a guy w/ money left on a long term contract straight up for a draft pick.

brendan wright is 6'9 200lbs, shit im 6ft 200! hit them weights son!

It's not. The Warriors are going to get a large trade exception back from the Bobcats which means that they will hopefully be making some more trades. It also opens up a lot of money because the Warriors need to re-sign both Beidrins and Ellis.

As for Richardson, I REALLY feel for the guy. He's lucky if he ever sees the playoffs again. I'm gonna miss ya!

Is this some kind of backhanded slight at the Lakers!

It's amazing that you some how worked the Lakers into this argument about Jordan as an exec. I have no idea what you're saying.

b/w

I was the first one to use that phrase "wants to win NOW" on this board.

Isiah, Magic, and Michael are classic examples of star athletes not knowing how to run/assemble a team.

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts
    would you like to see mr. clutch back at the helm in LA?

just curious.

It's amazing that you some how worked the Lakers into this argument about Jordan as an exec. I have no idea what you're saying.

It's not the first time.

just curious.

Yes, but it's unrealistic now. History has proved that the Buss family is capable of creating all sorts of drama in Los Angeles. I think Jerry West is too old for that stuff.

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts

just curious.

Yes, but it's unrealistic now. History has proved that the Buss family is capable of creating all sorts of drama in Los Angeles. I think Jerry West is too old for that stuff.

I would too, and i'm not a laker fan at all, but rather a west fan and i really feel like buss fucked him over. but really, west is one of few examples of truely great great players who move to the front office and can make things happen. his whole world and mindset is basketball, how he ever left LA is a mystery to me. he should own that franchise for god's sake.

Isiah, Magic, and Michael are classic examples of star athletes not knowing how to run/assemble a team.

Kevin McHale, Danny Ainge... it's the rule rather than the exception.

With Jordan it goes beyond mere incompetence, though; dude has massive ass-hurt issues.

With Jordan it goes beyond mere incompetence, though; dude has massive ass-hurt issues.

I suppose that's correct.

haha. fo real? Jordan having ass-hurt issues. That is a first, care to elaborate?

haha. fo real? Jordan having ass-hurt issues. That is a first, care to elaborate?

Mad at losing and people whom he views as losers b/w unwilling to get off the golf course and actually do the damn job.

His whole post-Bulls career has been one ugly episode of ass-hurt.

The personality traits that served him so well when he was the game's premier player have basically crippled him when it comes to doing anything else.

I highly recommend this book about his two seasons playing for the Wizards:

Mad at losing and people whom he views as losers b/w unwilling to get off the golf course and actually do the damn job.

His whole post-Bulls career has been one ugly episode of ass-hurt.

The personality traits that served him so well when he was the game's premier player have basically crippled him when it comes to doing anything else.

I highly recommend this book about his two seasons playing for the Wizards:

woah....that's heavy. I'll make sure to pick up that book.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This is one of the first times I've watched a good portion of the NBA Draft. I've noticed that Draft Day is REALLLLLLLY enlightening in that, it reveals which Owners and GMs know what the fuck they're doing, and which DON'T.

It really bothers me, that in this day and age, teams are trying to get Jason Richardson or Steve Francis or Zach Randolph or what have you to try to improve their teams. This is really pitiful.

Z-Bo is a good player, who had a career season--he's being unloaded in part because the Trailblazers have become self-conscious about "citizenship" issues.

Giving up Stevie for him is a great look for the Knicks, IMO.

Randolph has always had a tremendous offensive upside but he is a head case who decked his own teammate 2 seasons ago. It's really a matter of chemistry. He is not mature enough to be a role player behind Roy/Oden and thus too expensive to hold onto. The Blazers save close to 40 million by paying Franchise off and moving on with what they got. I say it's a very good look.

b/w

It must be nice to 3 million laying around to buy other people's late first round picks.

It must be nice to 3 million laying around to buy other people's late first round picks.

Seriously.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    No doubt that trade was a good look for the Blazers. New York heads will realize he is FOOLS GOLD.

Francis will never play a game for the Blazers. I say within the next 2 weeks he is either bought out or he is involved in that ???we can???t announce the trade for 10 days??? shit that the Blazers were teasing the fans with.

If he???s part of the trade then I expect him to be packaged with Webster or Outlaw for a SF.

Who knows what Pritchard has up his sleeve with this next trade.