NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I think I agree w/ pretty much everything you're saying there. I think, if anything, if Marion gets traded, his ppg may go up, but his reb/ast/blk numbers will probably drop. Dude is unique in that front court because that frontcourt itself is unique. Outside of the Warriors, there isn't another one I can think of that is that undersized. Sure, Marion can jump out of the gym, but put him next to a PF or true C (he would inevitably be a SF on most other teams) that is 6'10" or taller, and his non-point numbers will drop. It's interesting to watch the way he portrays his own situation though, I think he knows that him being allowed to run a full court sprint w/o the ball on a (frequently) fast breaking offense, and expect the ball at the other end for a quick jam is something that is unique to being on the Suns. It would be a weird situation to be in: Your current team loves what you give b/w you think you could give more if they focused on you b/w they are in payroll cap hell b/w you're not the focus of their future b/w knowing your performance will drop if you're traded elsewhere.
    I think him doing what he's currently doing with the "I'm a 30 a night guy" in the press is him hoping to convince another team to give him 30 a night money if he gets moved-- it's pretty smart.
    edit: also, he's well aware that most GM's outside of the Boston organization (which is incapable of anything) know exactly what he would be capable of in their systems. Maybe he's contributing what he can to his own image of 'being undervalued' in the hopes that he wont get moved at all. I think he wants to stay in PHX, would maybe like some sets run for him in the future.
    Also- As someone who enjoys the current Suns starting five, I think the only person I would eventually be ok with in Marion's spot would be Gerald Wallace.

• If Atlanta is Basketball Purgatory where is Basketball Hell!!

A a born an bred Knick fan I heartily

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I want Ray Allen in a Pacers uniform.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    What are the Nets doing? Is Zack Randolph coming over for Jefferson.
    And If Jefferson joins the Blazers what would the starting 5 look like?

Oden - Center
    Aldridge - Power Forward
    Jefferson - Small Forward
    Roy - Shooting Guard
    Jack - Point Guard

link please

• I see Noah slotted to go to Chicago. Him and Thomas on the frontline? That's two crazy fools right there. Feelin it.

I know some of you Bulls dudes aren't feelin Thomas so much but I think you need to give him more time. Very young and raw.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Atlanta is Basketball Purgatory

Their rationale is getting to the level of "mind-blowing"

Knight points out that Pachulia and Shelden Williams are the only Hawks who are wide in the thighs. "They are the only two guys we have who aren't what we call narrow butts,'' Knight said. "The other guys are thin guys, slender builds, so you need some physicality on your team.''

So he's looking for one more wide butt?

"It depends on the butt,'' Knight said. In which case Horford may well be their pick.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/06/22/hawks.garnett/1.html

PAUSE. --I don't know how to make that font bigger.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I see Noah slotted to go to Chicago. Him and Thomas on the frontline? That's two crazy fools right there. Feelin it.

I know some of you Bulls dudes aren't feelin Thomas so much but I think you need to give him more time. Very young and raw.

Really? Everyone I know in Chicago LOVES Tyrus Thomas and his big puppy paws. He had some of the most exciting plays for the Bulls, and a lot of folks think he shouldn't have been starting in the playoffs over P.J.

I'm not so keen (yet) on Noah. I think offense should be more of a priority at this point but John Paxson continues to insist that he'll select the best player available. After his first few drafts -- which got Chicago: Ben Gordon, Deng, Thabo Sefalosha and Tyrus -- I trust his judgment.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The Lakers are looking like they'll have a hard time getting KG, partly because Odom needs to be paid $20+ mil over the next 2 years. Which would make the deal for the Wolves less attractive.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Uggh... if Steve Kerr sends Amare to Charlotte, he will earn my undying enmity.

It makes me ill to even think of them doing Amare that way.

Kerr is obviously still shook from Jordan's Punch in practice.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    If Atlanta is Basketball Purgatory where is Basketball Hell!!

A a born an bred Knick fan I heartily

My wife and the Dolans. The Knicks must have been losing that night from the look on Jim's face.

• Uggh... if Steve Kerr sends Amare to Charlotte, he will earn my undying enmity.

He hasn't already (enmity-related)?

b/w

Linkage?

b/w

Amare roaming next to a true big like Okeafor????? Just sayin....... You got no Suns ties.

BATMON:

The Nets have apparently ofered Jefferson, Krstic and Jason Collins to the Pacers for J.O.

Are you feeling this deal? Will the Pacers then start three white dudes?

He hasn't already (enmity-related)?

b/w

Linkage?

b/w

Amare roaming next to a true big like Okeafor????? Just sayin....... You got no Suns ties.

Dude, that franchise is gonna be garbage for as long as Bob Johnson writes the checks. Amare's contract is gonna eat up like 70% of the money Johnson has allotted to salaries, and he will never, ever, ever get any help. I doubt they put up the money to re-sign Gerald Wallace and I doubt they put up the money to extend Okafor (doesn't he have back issues, too?).

BATMON:

The Nets have apparently ofered Jefferson, Krstic and Jason Collins to the Pacers for J.O.

Its good for the Nets and Jermaine but Jefferson's presense would stifle Granger.
    Collins is a Joke and Krystic would start along side either Foster or Murphy depending on the matchups.
    Bird is doing his best to Un-Hip Hop the Pacers. Send some of the dead weight to Seattle for Allen and ill make that trade for Jefferson. Id like to see J.O. on a West Coast team for obvious reasons and I think he'd flourish w/ a less "banging" Low Post style out there.

Send some of the dead weight to Seattle for Allen Luke Ridnour and ill make that trade for Jefferson.

Send some of the dead weight to Seattle for Allen Luke Ridnour and ill make that trade for Jefferson.

Luke Ridenhour
    Mike Dunleavy
    Richard Jefferson
    Nenad Krystic
    Troy Murphy/Jeff Foster

Luke Ridenhour
    Mike Dunleavy
    Richard Jefferson
    Nenad Krystic
    Troy Murphy/Jeff Foster

And as a throw-in you get RJ's "roommate"

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    BATMON:

Its good for the Nets and Jermaine but Jefferson's presense would stifle Granger.
    Collins is a Joke and Krystic would start along side either Foster or Murphy depending on the matchups.
    Bird is doing his best to Un-Hip Hop the Pacers. Send some of the dead weight to Seattle for Allen and ill make that trade for Jefferson. Id like to see J.O. on a West Coast team for obvious reasons and I think he'd flourish w/ a less "banging" Low Post style out there.

What's Ray Allen got left in his NBA career? A year or two? And wasn't he out a grip last season with injuries? He is one of the best pure shooters in the league though.

What's Ray Allen got left in his NBA career? A year or two? And wasn't he out a grip last season with injuries? He is one of the best pure shooters in the league though.

He does need to be Tracy Mcgrady/Vince Carter at this point in his career. On a well oiled offense he can still get you 17-20 per. It would be up to Jamal Tinsely to have the one season cats have been praying for him to have for this to really have any success.And the odds of that are whatever.

He does need to be Tracy Mcgrady/Vince Carter at this point in his career. On a well oiled offense he can still get you 17-20 per.

A little better than that--he was 5th in the league in scoring last year (26.4 ppg)... although he did miss about thrity games.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think I agree w/ pretty much everything you're saying there. I think, if anything, if Marion gets traded, his ppg may go up, but his reb/ast/blk numbers will probably drop. Dude is unique in that front court because that frontcourt itself is unique. Outside of the Warriors, there isn't another one I can think of that is that undersized. Sure, Marion can jump out of the gym, but put him next to a PF or true C (he would inevitably be a SF on most other teams) that is 6'10" or taller, and his non-point numbers will drop. It's interesting to watch the way he portrays his own situation though, I think he knows that him being allowed to run a full court sprint w/o the ball on a (frequently) fast breaking offense, and expect the ball at the other end for a quick jam is something that is unique to being on the Suns. It would be a weird situation to be in: Your current team loves what you give b/w you think you could give more if they focused on you b/w they are in payroll cap hell b/w you're not the focus of their future b/w knowing your performance will drop if you're traded elsewhere.
    I think him doing what he's currently doing with the "I'm a 30 a night guy" in the press is him hoping to convince another team to give him 30 a night money if he gets moved-- it's pretty smart.
    edit: also, he's well aware that most GM's outside of the Boston organization (which is incapable of anything) know exactly what he would be capable of in their systems. Maybe he's contributing what he can to his own image of 'being undervalued' in the hopes that he wont get moved at all. I think he wants to stay in PHX, would maybe like some sets run for him in the future.
    Also- As someone who enjoys the current Suns starting five, I think the only person I would eventually be ok with in Marion's spot would be Gerald Wallace.

It completely depends upon the team and system he would play in. Without a good point guard Marion = nothing because he can't create a shot by himself if his life depended upon it. A half court team would also limit his production because he fits best with a running team. etc.

• faux, I'ma need yr take on Joakim Noah's "get up".

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Dogs, I LOVE THE NBA draft.

After the fucking slog of the NFL draft, this is some great, fast paced evening of entertainment. By the time dude poses, and Stu Scott gets down with him...David Stern is walking up for more. Well done, NBA.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Ray Allen --------> Boston

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Ray Allen --------> Boston

Danny Ainge---> JayZ in Tevas.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Can I just say fuck yeah. Rings are on order.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Can I just say fuck yeah. Rings are on order.

Tap the brakes Doc.

• Rock....I'm gettin nervous...

DALLAS MAVERICKS YOU BETTER NOT TRADE FOR YI!!!!!!

I'm not hating on this dude. His profile is the antithesis of what we need right now though. Sure is a lot of Del Harris talk though.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rock....I'm gettin nervous...

DALLAS MAVERICKS YOU BETTER NOT TRADE FOR YI!!!!!!

I'm not hating on this dude. His profile is the antithesis of what we need right now though. Sure is a lot of Del Harris talk though.

Crazy