NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Really feeling the Zach Randolph trade and getting rid of Francis/Frye. 20+ and 10 a game last year will bring a lot of fire power to the Knicks next season. Money has a nice touch around the hoop.

Also loving what Detroit did in getting Stuckey and Afflalo to back up Billups and Hamilton. Gotta give it up to Joe D. for picking talent.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Really feeling the Zach Randolph trade and getting rid of Francis/Frye. 20+ and 10 a game last year will bring a lot of fire power to the Knicks next season. Money has a nice touch around the hoop.

Curry - C
    Randolph - PF
    Richardson - SF
    Crawford - SG
    Marbury - PG

David Lee - 6th Man
    Balkman - SF
    Collins - PG

Dickau > Robinson in terms of PG duties.
    Now if Jerome James would stop feelin sorry for himself.

Zack Randolph : Yeah, he's a "headCase". He's no more crazy than half of these fatherless millionaires.
    Isiah knows how to deal w/ this type. If Zack can provide rebounding which Curry wont put his mind to doing,this would help. U cant ask David Lee to start at the 4 and get u 18 points per night. Plus Zack can stretch the defense w/ his 3 point shot which he better not go nut w/ here in NYC.

Frye was a great character player. "Good" kid but was soft like Charles Smith.Some cats just dont blend well w/ that NY shit. No swag at all. I hope he'll flourish somewhere else which is what happens historically w/ Ex - Knickerbockers.

Portland Fans - How far are you gonna get next season? Playoffs? Do you factor in team chemistry?
    U guys really have a different team. How fast can u gel?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    All the way baby, all the way............................................

to the playoffs.

All the way baby, all the way............................................to the playoffs.

Who's Slot will u take?

Nuggets
    Mavs
    Clippers
    Lakers
    Suns
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Jazz

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Zack Randolph : Yeah, he's a "headCase". He's no more crazy than half of these fatherless millionaires.
    Isiah knows how to deal w/ this type. If Zack can provide rebounding which Curry wont put his mind to doing,this would help. U cant ask David Lee to start at the 4 and get u 18 points per night. Plus Zack can stretch the defense w/ his 3 point shot which he better not go nut w/ here in NYC.

Frye was a great character player. "Good" kid but was soft like Charles Smith.Some cats just dont blend well w/ that NY shit. No swag at all. I hope he'll flourish somewhere else which is what happens historically w/ Ex - Knickerbockers.

Seriously. I can't believe dudes are trying to act like this is a bad look for NY.

Let me remind you clowns what we gave up: Steve Francis and his ridiculous contract. Stevie basically = Steph, except not good. And Channing Frye who, as BATMON pointed out, lacks the swag necessary to play in NY and whose production actually declined from his rookie year.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    All the way baby, all the way............................................to the playoffs.

Who's Slot will u take?

Nuggets
    Mavs
    Clippers
    Lakers
    Suns
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Jazz

I think we could be better than everyone save SA, PHX, DAL and UTAH.

Yeah, I just said that.

And Channing Frye lacks the swag necessary to play in NY and whose production actually declined from his rookie year.

I heard this was due to the arrival of Curry who eats up the paint. Before that, Frye was the "Inside Man".
    He got pushed out of the paint and was forced to shoot more jumpers and get less put backs/etc.

And Channing Frye lacks the swag necessary to play in NY and whose production actually declined from his rookie year.

I heard this was due to the arrival of Curry who eats up the paint. Before that, Frye was the "Inside Man".
    He got pushed out of the paint and was forced to shoot more jumpers and get less put backs/etc.

Well, I confess to not having watched the Knicks much during the past two seasons (just too painful), but didn't Curry and Frye get there at the same time? I thought Curry arrived summer of '05?

Unless you meant "arrival" in the sense of Curry's talent having blossomed or something.

Well, I confess to not having watched the Knicks much during the past two seasons (just too painful), but didn't Curry and Frye get there at the same time? I thought Curry arrived summer of '05?

Unless you meant "arrival" in the sense of Curry's talent having blossomed or something.

I might have to check my mental rolodex.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Who's Slot will u take?

Nuggets
    Mavs
    Clippers
    Lakers
    Suns
    Spurs
    Rockets
    Jazz

I think we could be better than everyone save SA, PHX, DAL and UTAH.

Yeah, I just said that.

The only team I can see the Blazers knocking out of the playoffs this year is the Clippers because, well, they suck and haven't done shit about it yet. Rockets, Jazz, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, these are all solid regular season contenders who aren't likely to lose more games than the Trailblazers who have a nucleus of rookie and second year players. The Nuggets and Lakers have more experienced star power than the Blazers and more experience playing a regular season and in the playoffs, and I expect the Nuggets to have a 50+ win season this year. If Kobe leaves the Lakers, then both LA teams are looking like they need to start over and you have a better chance. Also, you've now got to deal with Seattle, who have made some really good moves to rebuild their roster as well. So they will be battling for a playoff seed too. It ain't gonna be a walk in the park, but good luck!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    As long as Kobe is capable of scoring 50 points in a game multiple times in a season, the Lakers will have a chance to make the playoffs although probably at the bottom unless they make some moves.

The Warriors on the other hand, despite their great run last year, are vulnerable.

The Clippers? Well they're the Clippers and need to figure out what to do with their point guard situation.

New Orleans also almost made the playoffs last year.

There is a lot of competition in the West for those last couple slots in the post season.

That's what im sayin. Theres a gang of teams that already have gelled and are just looking to tweak.
    Whereas these baby teams I dont see leapfroggin into the Playoffs.
    Seattle just lost Lewis & Allen - that's their scoring bulk right there.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That's what im sayin. Theres a gang of teams that already have gelled and are just looking to tweak.

Last night they were saying that Seattle now intends to re-sign Lewis and play him alongside Durant. Some twin tower out on the perimter thing I guess.

Last night they were saying that Seattle now intends to re-sign Lewis and play him alongside Durant. Some twin tower out on the perimter thing I guess.

That's silly. Theyre the same type of player,but Lewis can play some 4.

• Durant will easily score 20-22 ppg next year. Easily.

Durant will easily score 20-22 ppg next year. Easily.

not with lewis along side him.

• Durant will easily score 20-22 ppg next year. Easily.

Pffft. You not knowin up there in NY. I watched dude all year. I don't care who he plays with, he's gettin 20. Believe it.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    im gonna miss jrich but im cool with this trade. im surprised you can deal a guy w/ money left on a long term contract straight up for a draft pick.

brendan wright is 6'9 200lbs, shit im 6ft 200! hit them weights son!

It's not. The Warriors are going to get a large trade exception back from the Bobcats which means that they will hopefully be making some more trades. It also opens up a lot of money because the Warriors need to re-sign both Beidrins and Ellis.

As for Richardson, I REALLY feel for the guy. He's lucky if he ever sees the playoffs again. I'm gonna miss ya!

this trade: I cry.
    Beidrins, although he had his moments, should not be a huge contract. Same with Ellis, who I definitely think is going to suffer Boris Diaw syndrome. Dude will not be as productive as he was during the 'breakout' season.

Durant will easily score 20-22 ppg next year. Easily.

Pffft. You not knowin up there in NY. I watched dude all year. I don't care who he plays with, he's gettin 20. Believe it.

He was in the NBA last year?

FUCK COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

• FUCK COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

Never that, son. Respect all levels of play.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    The Blazers were only 4 games out of the playoffs last year.

I see the 7th or 8th spot as a very realistic goal.

GP are u really gonna sit there and tell me he gonna do the same thing he did in college.
    Put up the same numbers?

Ur sayin the competition is the same? The 82 games vs whatever those cats play.

"I watched him last year" means ur basing his game on the college level. Right?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

FUCK COLLEGE BASKETBALL.
    finally, somebody says it.

• GP are u really gonna sit there and tell me he gonna do the same thing he did in college.
    Put up the same numbers?

Ur sayin the competition is the same? The 82 games vs whatever those cats play.

"I watched him last year" means ur basing his game on the college level. Right?

I just think he's that good.

He led his conference (one of the top 3 in the country) in points and rebounds.

He averaged 26 last year in the NCAAs, so, no, I'm not predicting "the same thing".

I'm no scout. He passes my 'eye test' though. Dude is the truth. He'll be a better pro than Oden. Not saying Portland shouldn'tve took Oden either.

"I watched him last year" means I'm projecting NBA success based on the skill-set, raw talent and winning attitude I saw dude display game-in and game-out.

And ask anyone 'round here...I fucking HATE UT athletics. But respect due.

Rock...help me out...tell these dudes how good Durant is.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The Blazers were only 4 games out of the playoffs last year.

I see the 7th or 8th spot as a very realistic goal.

You're not going to play the same game you did last year though. Your team is pretty much starting over. You will need time to develop. There is no guarantee that your young squad is going to measure up to the rest of the west. That's all I'm sayin'. Is there a chance? Absolutely. Is it a given? Definitely not. Is it the same chance as last year? Definitely not. It's realistic in terms of goals, (7th or 8th spot that is), but the rest of the west is still tough. Remember, Oden hasn't played in the NBA yet. NBA and College basketball are damn near 2 different sports... I like your team though, looks good in a couple years. They will be a great team to watch develop.

People really need to stop basing NBA talent level on college play in this thread though, in general...

FUCK COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

Allow me to say it one more time.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    As for Richardson, I REALLY feel for the guy. He's lucky if he ever sees the playoffs again. I'm gonna miss ya!

Bobcats waive Brevin Knight. Maybe some more moves will be made....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

FUCK COLLEGE BASKETBALL.

Allow me to say it one more time.

Hey,

Just to drive the point home further, anyone remember these guys?

-Al Wood.
    -Bo Kimble.
    -Sam Bowie.
    -Adrian Branch.
    -Phil Ford.
    -Pearl Washington.
    -Marcus Liberty.
    -Felipe Lopez.
    -Rodney Monroe.
    -Milt Wagner.
    -Gene Banks.
    -Michael Dickerson.
    -Danny Ferry.
    -Steve Alford.
    -Yinka Dare.
    -Alfredrick Hughes.
    -Walter Berry.

That's enough for now. Please add on.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• You guys, as always, never fail to bring the comedy.

Marcus Liberty had the ill 'stache.

'MEMBER BABY JORDAN??????