NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    To paraphrase Happy Gilmore, Dirk Nowitsky has a wrinkled chest, old balls, and a "five year plan".

How's that for clon?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

He was in the NBA last year?

FUCK COLLEGE BASKETBALL.
    finally, somebody says it.

Allow me to say it one more time.

haha. You dudes.

But on the real, it is too time consuming to watch both. Unless you do that shit for a living.

• To paraphrase Happy Gilmore, Dirk Nowitsky has a wrinkled chest, old balls, and a "five year plan".

How's that for clon?

Sandler?

Him?

Next.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    GP are u really gonna sit there and tell me he gonna do the same thing he did in college.
    Put up the same numbers?

Ur sayin the competition is the same? The 82 games vs whatever those cats play.

"I watched him last year" means ur basing his game on the college level. Right?

He's going to be playing for the Sonics who still aren't that good. Somebody's gotta score points, who else on the Sonics is gonna do it now that Allen is gone?

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Last season we were starting over.

This season is going to be all about building strong team chemistry.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    GP are u really gonna sit there and tell me he gonna do the same thing he did in college.
    Put up the same numbers?

He's going to be playing for the Sonics who still aren't that good. Somebody's gotta score points, who else on the Sonics is gonna do it now that Allen is gone?

So - 20 PPG game by default is an accomplishment? If he get the most looks of course he'll score.
    How is this something to hold in high regard?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Put up the same numbers?

So - 20 PPG game by default is an accomplishment? If he get the most looks of course he'll score.

Wasn't your question is he going to "put up the same numbers" as he did in college?

And my reply is, he could definitely score 20 ppg because nobody else on the Sonics is gonna do it now.

• GP are u really gonna sit there and tell me he gonna do the same thing he did in college.
    Put up the same numbers?

Jeez dude you're gettin deep w/ it. Why the KD hate?

Some dudes think he's gonna be good. Why not table this til the season starts and see what's up. You're already loading up excuses to make when he does do good. Or WELL even.

Put up the same numbers?

Jeez dude you're gettin deep w/ it. Why the KD hate?

Some dudes think he's gonna be good. Why not table this til the season starts and see what's up. You're already loading up excuses to make when he does do good. Or WELL even.

Sorry.

U know me when it comes down to hype. Im really not questioning his skills but moreso the public's expectations. This happens ever year.

Shit.....I remember when Stackhouse was the new Jordan. And for a hot minute it looked close.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Last season we were starting over.

This season is going to be all about building strong team chemistry.

Aren't they starting over again though? Portland just picked up 5 or 6 new players and got rid of a 20/10 dude and two other guys. Seems like the real "new beginning" for Portland will be next season. I see what you mean but it doesn't really affect my point, still a young team with a lot of growing to do. It should be exciting to watch.

• The only reason I'm blowing hype on Durant is cos I saw him play so much and he was so darned impressive for a youngster. He's a natural scorer and I think that will definitely translate.

Yeah but how many other players did you watch that closely?

• Yeah but how many other players did you watch that closely?

Not many. I'll let others speak on them. Why you wan' test?

Dudes is feisty up in here today. Y'all need to take some fucking Midol.

• Some dudes think he's gonna be good. Why not table this til the season starts and see what's up. You're already loading up excuses to make when he does do good. Or WELL even.

Sorry.

U know me when it comes down to hype. Im really not questioning his skills but moreso the public's expectations. This happens ever year.

Shit.....I remember when Stackhouse was the new Jordan. And for a hot minute it looked close.

KD is legit. he'll be able to sleepwalk his way to a 25+ ppg career average. sam presti is off to a great start in seattle ... if he can keep it up and build some momentum with a good coaching staff i'm sure KD will learn how to translate his skills to wins at the pro level.

i believe that within 4 years KD will be one of the top 5 or 10 players in the league.

Sorry.

KD is legit. he'll be able to sleepwalk his way to a 25+ ppg career average. sam presti is off to a great start in seattle ... if he can keep it up and build some momentum with a good coaching staff i'm sure KD will learn how to translate his skills to wins at the pro level.

i believe that within 4 years KD will be one of the top 5 or 10 players in the league.
    Will his ascention be faster than LeBoring's?

Yeah but how many other players did you watch that closely?

Not many. I'll let others speak on them. Why you wan' test?

Dudes is feisty up in here today. Y'all need to take some fucking Midol.

Just saying, maybe you're putting a lot on Durant cuz he was the only cat you were paying attention to. I definitely think he's going to be good, but whether that's right way or in time, we shall see.

Kevin Garnett is real good........

• I'm not gonna argue about it anymore. faded_glory is generally on point w/ his basketball takes when he posts. I'm sure Rock will agree too whenever he returns.

Right. Well, I think this was merely a step in the right direction for Seattle, they need to seek another piece or two for sure, but in the meantime, they will develop Durant and Green. Those guys being good doesn't necessarily = wins for Seattle, which is what I assume you are getting at.

Do you see Seattle ending up with a better or worse record than last season with their new roster?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Do you see Seattle ending up with a better or worse record than last season with their new roster?

• Seattle plays in the West so they're still fucked wins-wise. Same w/ Portland.

Seattle will be interesting to watch, especially if they re-sign Lewis which the cats were alluding to last night. They've got some rangy dudes now. West coast teams should be high-scoring by nature...I envision them playing a lot of shootouts.

• Kevin Garnett is real good........

Mavs are quietly makin offers for this dude. Would hate to see Josh go. Aldridge is reporting it now...dallasbasketball.com has been reporting it for a week.

• Best draft day name:

JamesOn Curry

How about Jared Jordan, son of Michael Jordan? Heh.

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    I dont see it as them starting over. Just building off of the 2006 season.

You know that our 2005 roster had such such 'stars' as:

Abdur-Rahim
    Damon Stoudamire
    Ruben Patterson
    Derek Anderson
    Telfair
    Ratliff

Getting rid of those guys was gound zero in the rebulding of this franchise....which was 2006.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    GP.....ran into "Skin" the dude that hosted the Draft with Norm Hitzges last night on The Ticket. He is one half of the "Ben & Skin" Mavs post game show..... He was digging at one of the HPB spots and we had a short talk about the draft. Next time you call me I'll give you details......but he was hoping for Big Baby too.

• GP.....ran into "Skin" the dude that hosted the Draft with Norm Hitzges last night on The Ticket. He is one half of the "Ben & Skin" Mavs post game show..... He was digging at one of the HPB spots and we had a short talk about the draft. Next time you call me I'll give you details......but he was hoping for Big Baby too.

Yeah, I want to hear those details.

Big Baby has all sorts of limitations but his main strength plays right into the Mavs' needs. Second rounders are "flyers" anyway, so I wish we'da went in that direction.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    WOW. This dude doesn't move like a 7 footer.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Best draft day name:

JamesOn Curry

Dude has serious scoring skills. Needs to work everything else, including moral fibre. Still, a promising pick-up for the Bulls, considering he came in the late 2nd round.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Best draft day name:

JamesOn Curry

Dude has serious scoring skills. Needs to work everything else, including moral fibre.

He was pinched for selling weed. Give me a break. It's not exactly a string of sexual assault charges.