NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• HEY STU SCOTT, THIS DUDE DIDN'T GET DRAFTED AGAIN.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    ATL =

(those new unis are imo though)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    San Antonio and Utah both made great late round picks!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Zack Randolph will provide consistant Low Post Scoring for the Knicks. Channing Frye isnt the banger they needed. Francis is gone and will hopefully find his game in Portland. Dickau & Jones....whatever. If Francis does rekindle his swag that's a big plus for Portland.

But what's the starting 5 now?

Francis/Jack
    Roy
    Webster- dont sleep
    Aldridge
    Oden

Noah's Seersucker suit was an almost. That bold lapel was wack IMO.
    He at least looked different than the other "earftone/Bad blue" country-ass cats.
    Dude dont never add any extra flair to their suit game. Shit always look generic.

Telfair/Rondo
    Allen
    Pierce
    Jefferson
    Perkins

Allen deserves a better chance than Boston.Its a fuckin shame.
    Id like to see him on Dallas or even Charlotte. He and Pierce = suspect.

Denver still has some changes to make. Somebody is leaving that bitch.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Does Telfair even play still? He caught another felony gun charge I think. Doesn't the NBA have rules about that shit? Suspension or something?

I was kinda disappointed to see Allen go to Boston as well. I'm not buying Allen/Pierce, and even if it does work, it's only for a year or two then they're right back where they started. Sonics made out nicely though, don't sleep on them the next couple of years...

As for Denver, I'm really starting to feel like Camby is going to go somewhere. They just HAVE to deal with this salary issue and he is the most likely candidate to go. Thing is, some people seem to think we need a pure shooter or a point guard, but I can't see how that helps us more than another defender. We averaged over 100 points a game last season, I don't think a shooter is top priority at this point, although a perimeter scoring threat would definitely put the icing on our offensive cake with melo/nene/iverson able to score from anywhere else on the court.

So again, what are the prospects for Camby? I really can't figure out where he goes now.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This is one of the first times I've watched a good portion of the NBA Draft. I've noticed that Draft Day is REALLLLLLLY enlightening in that, it reveals which Owners and GMs know what the fuck they're doing, and which DON'T.

It really bothers me, that in this day and age, teams are trying to get Jason Richardson or Steve Francis or Zach Randolph or what have you to try to improve their teams. This is really pitiful.

I THINK IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY THAT PLAYERS GET AT LEAST 3 YEARS IN COLLEGE. SHII-T. What yall think?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Francis is gone and will hopefully find his game in Portland.

They're planning to buy him out.

And what kind of sense is Allen/Pierce supposed to make?

Can't wait til Simmons weighs in on that schitt.

They aren't really trying to get those players to improve their teams as much as they are trying to get rid of other players. It's kinda funny in that neither team is going to benefit that much talent wise, but both get rid of a player they've been itching to deal for a while. It kinda doesn't make sense in the end, but it kinda does.

I love the fact that the commentators on the draft are heard in the entire arena and they talk maaaad shit and everybody gets to hear it. hilarious.

This is one of the first times I've watched a good portion of the NBA Draft. I've noticed that Draft Day is REALLLLLLLY enlightening in that, it reveals which Owners and GMs know what the fuck they're doing, and which DON'T.

It really bothers me, that in this day and age, teams are trying to get Jason Richardson or Steve Francis or Zach Randolph or what have you to try to improve their teams. This is really pitiful.

Z-Bo is a good player, who had a career season--he's being unloaded in part because the Trailblazers have become self-conscious about "citizenship" issues.

Giving up Stevie for him is a great look for the Knicks, IMO.

It depends on the system. If ur lookin for those dudes to be the engine/savior,it aint gonna happen. But place them on a team that needs a Stackhouse type of dude to run the second unit ..... fine w/ me.

The Knicks needed a scoring threat opposite Curry and a decent rebounder.
    Francis....the jury is still out if he can "comeback"
    Richardson....is still a top 10 SG in this L. He and VC & TMgY & Ray are just ur run of the mill overhyped NBA scorers who dont make the team "better" but can create their own shot. Its all in context IMO. And unfortunately theres angang of franchises who cant improve even if they traded for Jesus/Buddha/Silver Surfer.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Allen/Pierce makes NO sense, despite what my coworker who went to UCONN says.

Older, more expensive guy with a history of back issues who plays the same position as your best player? This makes zero sense to me.

I THINK IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY THAT PLAYERS GET AT LEAST 3 YEARS IN COLLEGE. SHII-T. What yall think?

Tracy Austin won the Open at like 14 years old.

If a dude is good enuff to bang w/ men...let it be.

I dont want to bring this debate up - its much too late now.
    The culture has already changed. Did Jordon graduate?

Older, more expensive guy with a history of back issues who plays the same position as your best player? This makes zero sense to me.

Pierce should move to the 3 at his age. If they dont have a pg to get tem the ball.......whatever.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    GP.....Fasekas came out of nowhere....never even mentioned here.

If he had come out last year he would have gone in the 1st round.

I would have taken Glen Davis

Pierce should move to the 3 at his age. If they dont have a pg to get tem the ball.......whatever.

Rondo may be able to get them the ball...but, neither of those dudes have the first step they used to have. I don't see these two creating their own shot.

I would have taken Glen Davis

YOU SOUND LIKE AN OBESE SHAQ FAN

Rondo may be able to get them the ball...but, neither of those dudes have the first step they used to have. I don't see these two creating their own shot.

They both are savvy enuff to still create space.Both cats arent dead at all. its just the systems their in.IMO.

Individual sports are another matter.

All this "potential" coming in to the league....is really weak. "In 5 years, he may or may not be a great player". This is the NBA, supposedly the world's highest level of play. It's very weak that the culture has become what it has become, where uninformed and clueless Owners/GMs pick up players in an attempt to excavate the next Superstar athlete. While, all of that is good, there's less chance of them actually building a contender and more chances of them being involved in trades and shaking things up almost in an arbitrary fashion in order to find the right combination.
    That to me, seems really weak. Get some proven talent, those that know how to win ball games.

3 years mandatory college. Learn to swing the ball to the open man, box out on every possession, and play some help D.

They both are savvy enuff to still create space.Both cats arent dead at all. its just the systems their in.IMO.

I'm positive you know more about this than me, and that is no joke...

At the same time, knowing how many free Celts tickets I've turned down in the last three seasons (they are EVERYWHERE), I'll believe this when I see it; color me a skeptic.

Ray Allen/Paul Pierce combo. Who knows maybe they'll make it to the playoffs cuz they're in the East! When the grand opening fireworks are over, there ain't gonna be much to see after that.

New York is gonna make some noise. 6th seed at best though.

All this "potential" coming in to the league....is really weak. "In 5 years, he may or may not be a great player". This is the NBA, supposedly the world's highest level of play. It's very weak that the culture has become what it has become, where uninformed and clueless Owners/GMs pick up players in an attempt to excavate the next Superstar athlete. While, all of that is good, there's less chance of them actually building a contender and more chances of them being involved in trades and shaking things up almost in an arbitrary fashion in order to find the right combination.
    That to me, seems really weak. Get some proven talent, those that know how to win ball games.

3 years mandatory college. Learn to swing the ball to the open man, box out on every possession, and play some help D.

But if the cream of the crop of college kids leave for the L what is the college game developing, the leftovers?

Im w/ u on develping character/fundamentals but the Golden State/Phoenix fans want points. Points sell. I just dont see the culture reverting back to the early 80s anymore. Its a wrap,and ive learned to deal w/ it as a fan.
    Should Kobe have waited?

Should Kobe have waited?

BATMON plays his rhetorical trump

Wow, I missed J-rich to Charlotte for the 8th overall pick. Just caught it.

Should Kobe have waited?

I was waiting for that...

But if the cream of the crop of college kids leave for the L what is the college game developing, the leftovers?

Im w/ u on develping character/fundamentals but the Golden State/Phoenix fans want points. Points sell. I just dont see the culture reverting back to the early 80s anymore. Its a wrap,and ive learned to deal w/ it as a fan.
    Should Kobe have waited?

Yea, college should be a place where players get developed.

Yea, I know that fact too. Points sell. But I think shit is weak.

KB was obviously an exception but I'm sure even Kobe would have found merit in learning to work with what you got, on a college team.

Wow, I missed J-rich to Charlotte for the 8th overall pick. Just caught it.

wait...I thought this was a "proposed" trade? Steven A. was just bashing Jordan for even thinking of making this trade. And I agree. You don't need J-Rich.

Hmm. I thought it was accepted. Maybe not?

Mullin's on here sounding like they got Wright...

Hmm. I thought it was accepted. Maybe not?

Mullin's on here sounding like they got Wright...

Don't think it's official yet.