THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    To me, the funniest part is that back in week 8 when both teams were 7-0, nobody would have been surprised with a Bears/Colts Superbowel. Time makes fools of us all.

Trivia: This is the first time two teams with quadruped mascots have faced each other in the big game.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    wouldn't have mattered, b/c of the horseshit Roughing The Passer call...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Go Burrs! I do not want to see this down syndrome looking redneck Manning all over my TV set as a Super Bowl champ endorsing everything under the sun.

• wouldn't have mattered, b/c of the horseshit Roughing The Passer call...

that call was awful. i don't think it changed the outcome of the game, but it was a bad call. roughing the passer has been a problem all season, and i hope the change the way it is called next season. in fact, you could argue it was beneficial to the Pats, moving the colts 12 yards, therefore giving them more time.

Saying a call was bad or horseshit isn't crying for the waaaaaaambulance.

• Can you imagine if this guy wins a Super Bowl? You won't be able to get away from him. Atleast Brady shys away from the spotlight.

REAL MOTHERFUCKIN TALK

Did you care about Jordan's ubiquitous endorsements?

Fuck the Bears. Go Colts!

I love Wayne's, Addai's, and Manning's game. Been a Dungy fan since he was the D coordinator in MN. He was straight up robbed in Tampa. He deserves this one.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Can you imagine if this guy wins a Super Bowl? You won't be able to get away from him. Atleast Brady shys away from the spotlight.

REAL MOTHERFUCKIN TALK

Did you care about Jordan's ubiquitous endorsements?

I don't watch basketball Or Saturday Night Live. I do watch lots of football and Peyton Manning is on every fucking commercial during every game... Tom Brady, none. There was one AMEX commercial I remember a few years back and he was in the commercial with his teammates.

• That's true.

The down syndrome comment was funny.

I still like Manning.

• wouldn't have mattered, b/c of the horseshit Roughing The Passer call...

KK knows how supremely disinterested I was in the winner of Colts/Pats by about 5 PM yesterday......w/ that prelude out of the way: That call *was* complete horseshit even given the strict adherence to those particular sets of rules.

Dood....Reche Caldwell freaks me out. He always looks like he just heard the most shokcing news ever.

• Yeah, gene...sorry about your team. if it was our teams down there in MIA, I was gonna work on getting you a tickie.

all for naught now...this place is weird, though, i'll tell you that. Half the players cleaned out their lockers, did their exit pysicals, and went HOME home (like the south/west/etc.) when they got home last night at 3:30. It seriously feels like someone just flipped off the football switch. strange feeling.

• Yeah, gene...sorry about your team. if it was our teams down there in MIA, I was gonna work on getting you a tickie.

all for naught now...this place is weird, though, i'll tell you that. Half the players cleaned out their lockers, did their exit pysicals, and went HOME home (like the south/west/etc.) when they got home last night at 3:30. It seriously feels like someone just flipped off the football switch. strange feeling.

Thansk for the thoughts dood.

No team meetings at the bar to reminisce about the one that got away, huh? "Bidness is bidness" I guess. Who knows how many of those cats will even be back...

Thansk for the thoughts dood.

No team meetings at the bar to reminisce about the one that got away, huh? "Bidness is bidness" I guess. Who knows how many of those cats will even be back...

yeah...i talked to a pr guy, and he said a few players get to keep their lockers year round. (#s 12, 93, 54, etc...) but, most dudes just bolted. i'm sure the desire to sit and chat was also shot because of how they lost.

crickets in here, though. last week, espn and the nfl network are calling every 15 minutes. now, i feel like a cheap hooker left to clean up their used rubbers...

• Dood....Reche Caldwell freaks me out. He always looks like he just heard the most shokcing news ever.

lol. dude has some bug eyes permanently...real creepy shit

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    wouldn't have mattered, b/c of the horseshit Roughing The Passer call...

It was a bullshit call...I think the Colts were lucky when they didn't get called for pass interference in the endzone. oh well

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Hey !!

Soul On ice

You get to pick first now.

I'm not falling for the banana in the tail pipe

Props to black the winning coaches.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Hey !!

Soul On ice

Yeah, losing the AFC Championship by 4 points sure
    makes for a bad season - I'll admit I'm envious of
    the powerhouse that was the 2006-2007 Miami Dolphins

So, I guess I have to drag this out - from page 1 of this thread:

Final Standings[/b]

AFC EAST[/b]

Miami
    New England
    Buffalo
    NY Jets

Final Four[/b]

Miami vs Cincinnati

Seattle vs Dallas

so if you aren't
    confident you're porpoises can take the AFC East, I understand.

Dolphins 11-5[/b]

@Pittsburgh .....win
    Buffalo ........win
    Tennessee ......win
    @Houston .........win
    @New England ......win
    @N.Y. Jets .......win
    Green Bay .......win
    Week 8 BYE
    @Chicago ........win
    Kansas City ......loss
    Minnesota .....win
    @Detroit ......win
    Jacksonville ......loss
    New England ......loss
    @Buffalo 1:00pm .....loss
    N.Y. Jets 8:30pm .....win
    @Indianapolis 1:00pm .....loss

Patriots 10-6[/b]

Buffalo .....win
    @N.Y. Jets .....win
    Denver .....loss
    cincinnati.......loss
    Miami ......loss
    Week 6 BYE
    @Buffalo 1:00pm ......loss
    @Minnesota 8:30pm .....win
    Indianapolis 8:15pm ......loss
    N.Y. Jets 1:00pm ......win
    @Green Bay 1:00pm .....win
    Chicago 1:00pm ......loss
    Detroit 1:00pm ......win
    @Miami 1:00pm ........win
    Houston 1:00pm ........win
    @Jacksonville 1:00pm .......win
    @Tennessee ....win

The 2006 Miami Dolphins don't even belong
    on the same field as the Chargers or Colts,
    never mind have the ability to beat or take
    them to the final possesion of a playoff game.

PS

LOL at Cam Cameron. Good luck and all that.

PPS

LOL at I'm not falling for the banana in the tail pipe

Yeah, losing the AFC Championship by 4 points sure
    makes for a bad season

I admit ...it was a nice farewell tour

But...You got some old ass dudes playing important positions on defense ...and it showed

Let's not forget Troy Brown is 50 years old.....so Reche Caldwell will probably be your #1 receiver next year.................... (pun intended)

The Dynasty is done[/b]

The Dynasty is done[/b]

We got 2 first-round picks, a solid young D core,
    one of the best O lines in the game, a top quarterback
    in his prime, a proven head coach, a money young kicker,
    a RB with potential (although he fell off at the end, you
    have to give him rookie slack for not being used to a grind
    like the Pats had to go through this year. Not too much came
    easy to them, give them that.) and Dillon can go another 2 seasons
    with light-load work punching in TD's on 1st and goal.

We're probably losing Asante Samuel which sucks and hurts.
    Rodney's looking pretty fragile these days, and if he's out
    that's another big hole, he may have another run in him, though.
    He sure as hell works to get back on the field.

There's work to be done, but the Patriots aren't going away.

pun intended

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

We're probably losing Asante Samuels which sucks and hurts.

this would be painful.

sometimes the salary cap is a bitch.

in ny, people are already clamoring for the jets to sign him.

if anything, this loss shows the patriots are/were more than just brady and belichick.

as long as they have both, they will be a GOOD team, but it takes guys like Ty Law, Willie McGinnest, Teddy Bruschi, Deon Branch, Richard Seymour, Lawyer Molloy, Rodney Harrison, etc etc for them to a GREAT team...

i def feel you about Maroney and Stephen Polish Name kicker guy, they were both great this season... and i think they can squeeze a season or two out of Dillon...

i feel like it's the D that was missing this year compared to past teams, where the D was more the focus than the offense for the pats...

as much as i admire Belichick and Kraft's system, no matter how good you defensive schemes are, shit goes better when Ty Law is your cornerback instead of Earthwind Moreland...

i feel like it's the D that was missing this year compared to past teams, where the D was more the focus than the offense for the pats...

gotta disagree there, I think the D was pretty crucial
    this year. They gave up the second fewest points in the
    league, behind Baltimore. And in most of the games where
    they gave up alot of points, the O picked up the slack.
    The D was dead in that game yesterday. Gassed going in and
    killed once and for all by having to be on the field for
    the last half of the second quarter and almost all of the
    third. Even then, they forced a 3-and-out in the 4th quarter
    that put the O in position to win it - and they had to settle
    for a field goal, because of poor execution and a boneheaded
    bench penalty. The Pats D was actually pretty damn solid, even
    when they hit the wall.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

The D was dead in that game yesterday.

could you picture the 2003 patriots D blowing a 21-3 lead?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Superbowl XX Bears (McMahon, Payton, Perry, Singletary) v Current Bears?

That Buddy Ryan D was tighter than a fishes sphincter.

• You get to pick first now.

I'm not falling for the banana in the tail pipe

Using your theory...you "won the last hole" thus you tee off on the next one first dood. 'Tis what you made me do. Deal.

You're ahead a game with 1 game left...... Deal.

when they hit the wall.

• You're ahead a game with 1 game left...... Deal.

Thought we were tied. I was up 2 after you picked the Jints. We each went 3-1 in Divisional round right? Last week you had Colts and Bears and I took Saints and Pats so I thought we were squared up. Correct me if I'm wrong cos I'll take a one game lead belee' dat.

• i feel like it's the D that was missing this year compared to past teams, where the D was more the focus than the offense for the pats...

when they hit the wall.

The Pats were in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game having beaten the #1 seed on the road, and facing the #3 seed on the road with the following people on the field:

Ray Mickens
    Eric Alexander
    Rashad Baker

These guys were in because there were problems/injuries to the following studs:

Tully Banta-Cain
    Artrell Hawkins

Look. If you can keep a dynasty going with those guys, and dudes like Mike Wright plugging your holes, you're not going to fall off a cliff. They need LB's bad this offseason, and some DBack help. Asante will probably go get overpaid somewhere else (and to any Pats fan about to cry over that, I was watching tape of Ty Law on Harrison in the 2003 AFC Championship game on Saturday, and 'Sant can't hold Law's jock as a cover corner). And, that will hurt, but they'll move past it. They have 2 first round picks, and handful of compensatory 3rd round picks, and a proven history of turning guys who were on the street into servicable NFL players.

And, if you're response is that they aren't servicable, I would say it wasn't you that I saw playing in the AFC Championship game the other night.

Now, would different players have put them in the Super Bowl? Perhaps. But, to maintain a dynasty/perennial power in the age of the salary cap, the Patriots have gone the route of not locking too much money into a small amount of players. They would rather overpay for what they see as key positions (QB, DLine, OLine- all of which are locked up for at least another 2 years) and fill in the other positions with free agent signings and waiver wire pick ups. Is this plan fool proof? NO.

BUT, in the last 6 seasons, they have won 3 Super Bowls, been to the AFC Championship, and been among the final 8 teams, with ONE non-2nd round of the playoffs season. They've never been under .500 and they've set an NFL record for consecutive wins.

I'm not saying they're going to come back and win it all next season, because I'll be the first to acknowledge they have a lot of questions. But, until they are dead and buried, I'm not about to start shoveling dirt.

(BTW, their schedule is tough next year- 5 preseason games including the China trip; the NFC East; AFC North; AT Indy. That could be a factor...)

• daaaaaam.... NO superbowl talk up in this bitch?