THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Sean Payton made some terrible coaching decisions ...Duece should have had 10 more carries

Other than that pitch that Bush fumbled, what other terrible calls did Payton make? They moved the ball almost at will, controlled the clock, converted third downs. I agree that they could have just run Duece all day long and the Eagles couldn't have stopped it. But damn, they got 435 yds total offense and 208 yds rushing. If not for the Bush fumble, the Saints were getting ready to milk the clock all the way down to the end, just like they did in week 6.

• At the press conference he says maybe he should have went for it...

No shit?!
    With 4:00 I say punt, with less than 2:00 gotta go for it!

Yeah, Andy Reid fucked up on that one. I was just scratchin' my head when I watched them punt. Think his job may be in jeopardy? He's come up short quite a few times over the years. Almost only counts in horseshoes. Thoughts???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Naw, his job isn't on the line. Upper management loves the dude. I don't think his job should be in jeopardy, but the dude is just frustrating as hell. He's the reason that the team has won so many games for so many years, but he's also the reason that they've lost a lot of big games. Some of his decisions, be it game strategies or just basic philosophy, really have you scratching your head sometimes, like WTF?

That's because he learned from walrus face ass Mike Holmgren. He consistently punts in those situations. He also is the king of running a fb draw on a third and long. That conservative bullshit drives me crazy!!!!! I don't know why but I think we have a chance against Da Bears tommorrow. As long as our "off the street" corners don't give up big td's we should keep it close.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Chicago[/b] ...The Bears should be able to control the clock with the short passing game...When they throw to Desmond Clark they win....Jerramy Stevens didn't drop any passes last week so he's due two or three important drops ..The Bears aren't going to lose this game at home....it might get ugly

San Diego[/b] ....The Chargers are the best team in football....The defense is flawless .....The offense scores at will ...They will smash New England and make a bold statement

At the press conference he says maybe he should have went for it...

No shit?!

Yeah, Andy Reid fucked up on that one. I was just scratchin' my head when I watched them punt. Think his job may be in jeopardy? He's come up short quite a few times over the years. Almost only counts in horseshoes. Thoughts???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Naw, his job isn't on the line. Upper management loves the dude. I don't think his job should be in jeopardy, but the dude is just frustrating as hell. He's the reason that the team has won so many games for so many years, but he's also the reason that they've lost a lot of big games. Some of his decisions, be it game strategies or just basic philosophy, really have you scratching your head sometimes, like WTF?

That's because he learned from walrus face ass Mike Holmgren. He consistently punts in those situations. He also is the king of running a fb draw on a third and long. That conservative bullshit drives me crazy!!!!! I don't know why but I think we have a chance against Da Bears tommorrow. As long as our "off the street" corners don't give up big td's we should keep it close.

Yeah, you definitely have a chance, jacob. especially since I picked the Bears to win... this whole cotdamn season has been backasswards for me. I picked the Bears and Chargers for tomorrow, so i'm sure it'll be the Hawks and Pats.

• At the press conference he says maybe he should have went for it...

No shit?!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah, you definitely have a chance, jacob. especially since I picked the Bears to win... this whole cotdamn season has been backasswards for me. I picked the Bears and Chargers for tomorrow, so i'm sure it'll be the Hawks and Pats.

I was rooting on the Iggles for you son! What happened on that 4th and 10? Some sort of procedure call? I was at a bar. Would have been a incredible conversion by Garcia.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Other than that pitch that Bush fumbled, what other terrible calls did Payton make?

He got pass happy early in the 4th quarter when he should have been running.....The Eagles were giving him the middle of the field and he still forced the corners and quick passes ....the blitzing was dumb at times....and the play calling at the end of the first half was silly

• Baltimore hasn't played anybody since they lost to The Bengals....McNair is still McNair

And just so you all know....If New England beats San Diego...The Colts are going to win the Super Bowl .....San Diego is the only team left that can beat the Colts...NFC and AFC.

You have to throw the ball down field to beat The Saints....This is Jeff's weakness...

Fred Thomas is awful....If Donovan played this game he would have had 4 touchdown passes easy ... Those receivers were open all day....Garcia made several passes that should have been intercepted....the touchdown pass to Stallworth was a nasty floater ..dude just happened to be wide open...

Sean Payton made some terrible coaching decisions ...Duece should have had 10 more carries .......Reggie is beat up and he's a rookie ..Sean needs to be more careful with his play calling

Payton had me pissed off......Saints hold the Eagles to a field goal with about ten minutes left in the game. Get the ball back....3 STRAIGHT PASSES WTF????....i was heated. The D bailed them out and they got the ball back and THEN they had the run run run drive that should've ended the game had Reggie not fumbled. I think he gets enamored w/ his talent and gets cocky sometimes. Deuce is a monster. RUN HIM IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!!!!

Guys...here's the deal w/ the Saints D.....they get GASHED for big plays FOR SURE. BUT, as you can see last night, they are capapble of throwing up three to five three and outs a game and often times in crucial situations. I loved how much they blitzed LBs last night and that little rat face Garcia kept slipping away. The Saints front 4 is pretty solid though when Hollis is playing.

• Other than that pitch that Bush fumbled, what other terrible calls did Payton make?

He got pass happy early in the 4th quarter when he should have been running.....The Eagles were giving him the middle of the field and he still forced the corners and quick passes ....the blitzing was dumb at times....and the play calling at the end of the first half was silly

That last drive of the first half was a train wreck mainly because Pro Bowl LT Jamaal Brown was in teh locker room and thankfully he returned for the second half cos otherwise that game woulda been a WRAP!!!!

• Ed, this Chargers game today is gonna decide if this lil' wager goes to me or is gonna be a push...cos I imagine our last 3 picks are probably the same. Good luck! Can't wait to watch Pats/Chargers cos I think it's gonna be a tilt. Bears are gonna roll. 13 point win, easy. Watch Rexy in the bounce-back game. NEXT WEEK is the week to watch him meltdown and I don't just say that cos it's gonna be the Saints. I've watched this guy all year and I know his steez.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

San Diego[/b] ....The Chargers are the best team in football....The defense is flawless .....The offense scores at will ...They will smash New England and make a bold statement

REAL TALK

Other than that pitch that Bush fumbled, what other terrible calls did Payton make?

He got pass happy early in the 4th quarter when he should have been running

4th quarter: Saints 5 pass plays, 11 run plays (not counting kneel downs)

That one series wouldn't have been 3 straight pass plays if not for the sack on 1st down... they pretty much had to put it up on 2nd and 3rd after that.
    Payton probably does try to get too cute at times when he really doesn't have to- the Bush pitch out was not a wise move at all, just keep running straight at those tired batches. But like I said, they rolled up over 430 yards, 208 on the ground, and 27 first downs. I guess you can nitpick about every decision a coach makes, but all in all Payton coached a good game against a very good team... it's not like he was going up against a hapless 6-10 bunch of scrubs like the Dolphins or somebody, ya know

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    From the view on my TV Scott Fujita was the MVP for the Saints.

Three hellacious defensive plays in the last quarter.

I'm hoping for a Saints vs. Chargers Super Bowl.

• please G*d let the Saints win it all this year

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What happened on that 4th and 10? Some sort of procedure call? I was at a bar. Would have been a incredible conversion by Garcia.

Yeah, it was a false start. That had to have been supremely frustrating for Garcia. He stood in the pocket. took a big hit, and made a great pass for the improbably conversion, only to have it nullified because one of the linemen came out of his stance a half-second early.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    DAMN! Nobody gave the Hawks a chance and we took'em to overtime...
    The story of our season a day late and a dollar short!

GO SAINTS!

btw, did anybody notice this chick on tv during the saints-eagles game last night? ya gotta love it

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    PATS - BOLTS underway and all I can say is:

Shawne Merriman = 'ROID RAGE

• Some fucking football game going on here to end the weekend...

That was a little more conservative than I would have liked for the Pats to set up this FG attempt; let's see what the rook can do.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Textbook[/b] Pats victory - keep it close, force
    turnovers, let the other team beat themselves...a couple
    miracle plays to rescue them from the dead, a last minute
    kick for the win.

BRING ON THE PONIES!!!

• San Diego[/b] ....The Chargers are the best team in football....The defense is flawless .....The offense scores at will ...They will smash New England and make a bold statement

sike

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I feel bad for Marty Shortenheimer...

• I feel bad for Marty Shortenheimer...

Yeah, him and LDT both....

• parenparen 537 Posts
    couldn't be happier...

colts v. pats at home. - best we could've hoped for... i predict vindication next weekend.

saints v. chicago - brees is from my alma matta and purdue hasn't produced a QB with pro shine since... (who? jim everett back in '85... that jim rome ish is all he's remembered for) it's hard to root againt N.O. regardless. Chicago gets that midwest love by extension. i'll be happy to see either team win.

my first season of madden 07 months ago ended with an indy v. chi superbowl and i joked that i'd love to see it, but never thought it would never happen. turns out my ps2 might be a prognosticator. as much as i'd like to see the midwest shootout, grossman is just too weak. i predict an indy v. n.o. superbowl.

• That's 4-0 for yours truly.

I thought we had some real experts on here?

colts v. pats at home. - best we could've hoped for... i predict vindication next weekend.

You mean the Pats will be vindicated for letting Adam V go, and win?

I agree.

• parenparen 537 Posts

You mean the Pats will be vindicated for letting Adam V go, and win?

I agree.

ha. $100? holler on the PM.