THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Nobody likes those teams.

Naw, I like Chi and want/expect them to win, but after
    seeing the Colts finally learn how to scrap it out in
    the playoffs, and the momentum they have coming off that
    comeback against the Pats, I can't just write them off.
    There is potential for a classic here, I'm just still too
    mad doggie about the Pats getting bounced to be very excited.

I'll say Bears 24 - Colts 21[/b]

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm thinking the Bears will cover but the colts will win...

• Nobody likes those teams.

why does this not surprise me?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    i love these teams.

rain may be a factor.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    lead change... colts are moving the ball pretty easily. if they can avoid giving up the big plays, it looks good for naptown.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    PRINCE IS THAT DUDE!!! purplemiamisuperbowlrain. let it go. seriously.

• Y'all heard it right? Going into the chorus of "Let's Go Crazy," where dude normally sings "let's get nuts" he instead said....

clear as day....

"LET'S GO DUMB!"

I hope someone taped this schitt.

• for the last two weeks, i got really sick of all the 'rex is the worst qb in the super bowl'. dudes, chill. that's kneejerk overstatement...he had some atrocious games, but ended the season with the 2nd most games of any NFL qb with a passer rating of over 100.00. He was catching waaaaay more flack than he deserved. Not that he's Manning or anything, but...

THAT SAID- that INT was awful. Between that and all the fumbled snaps...

(btw, as I typed, he threw the second INT. Game over. quit punting, rex.)

• parenparen 537 Posts
    i'm gonna go ahead and get this out of the way now... much respect to chicago and my dudes there, but seriously... naptown, batches!

• for the last two weeks, i got really sick of all the 'rex is the worst qb in the super bowl'. dudes, chill. that's kneejerk overstatement...he had some atrocious games, but ended the season with the 2nd most games of any NFL qb with a passer rating of over 100.00. He was catching waaaaay more flack than he deserved. Not that he's Manning or anything, but...

THAT SAID- that INT was awful. Between that and all the fumbled snaps...

(btw, as I typed, he threw the second INT. Game over. quit punting, rex.)

seriously, fuck grossman. this is not all his fault by any means, but for real...i have given him the benefit of the doubt all season, but this is just terrible.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's a 12 point game with seven minutes left, batches. Game is still ripe for the pickin'!

Maybe not with Rex the Hex at QB... CONGRATS COLTS FANS!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    BTW Superbowl commercials were a vast improvement over last year. Comeover beard commercial with Paleforce dude got me laughing.

• parenparen 537 Posts

• congrats to indy.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    rex grossman =

Rex Grossman =

Seriously - that dude and Tony Romo are gonna be doing the
    ad that K-FED was in, during next year's Super Bowl.

Total terd performance.

• sloppy as hell game, and i'm not putting all that on the rain. the first half was at least entertaining- rex took all the suspense out of the end of the game, though. oh well.

glad to see manning win; he's a hell of a qb, and now we can let the skip baylesses of the world move past their, 'he can't win the big one.' let's just play some football, and let the chips fall where they may.

Ok. that's it for 2006. who you got for next season?

Yeah, I definitely don't want to take anything
    away from the Colts at all - they earned a lot of
    respect from me over these playoffs, and probably
    deserved to win. They hit their stride right at
    season's end, dug in and didn't let anybody have
    the last word on them, for once. Respect.

I just hated how Grossman took over the game
    in a very negative fashion, and turned a potential
    "classic" into a "sloppy goat show."

• I just hated how Grossman took over the game
    in a very negative fashion, and turned a potential
    "classic" into a "sloppy goat show."

exactly. two slop fests in back to back superbowls.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I wonder how much Dungy had on the over

• I wonder how much Dungy had on the over

Don't question that GENIUS ed. He made me $125 with that brilliant decision.

But just to be devil's advocate....the Bears had a better chance of scoring off a blocked kick or somesuch nonsense at that point than they did of actually "matriculating the ball down the field".

Don't question that GENIUS ed. He made me $125 with that brilliant decision.

i had a beautiful parlay rollin ....

Colts +7

Colts +4 in the second half

Field goals over 4

Vinatieri's missed FG fucked me

i made a few dollars on the under ...but only enough to break even

The Saints would have killed Indy

• The Saints would have killed Indy

I appreciate that sentiment but don't know if I can agree. You do remember, the Saints have Fred "Burnt Toast" Thomas to overcome.... But more importantly, watching Addai and Rhodes make swiss cheese out of that Bears' D makes me wonder why Deuce and Bush only had about a combined 10 carries (against Chicago) to the Colts' 41. C'mon Coach Payton.........

• the pats would have KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED the bears.

makes me wonder why Deuce and Bush only had about a combined 10 carries (against Chicago) to the Colts' 41.

I really dont know wtf Sean was doing in the Chicago game ..Chicago's weakness has been up the middle all year...I think he was ego coaching

The Saints score too many points and would have been too fast for Indy ...Colston would have had a field day against those midgets ...Duece would have ran over those skinny d-linemen and Reggie is too fast for Cato June

Fred is garbage but it wouldn't have mattered

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I can't see the saints beating Indianapolis.

Grossman blew it, but as a Bears fan lets be real; my team blew it on pretty much every level. Its not grossman's fault that the defense let peyton hit 4-5 yard passes every down for a combined 498 yards or whatever that ridiculous total was. Bears got knocked around.

It didn't help having lost Tommie Harris and Mike Brown tho

• parenparen 537 Posts
    all this absurd speculation warrants another reminder:

for real.

--

i was out of the office yesterday and arrived this a.m. to find that i'd won $100.00 off the final score squares. good day... let it snow.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    and by the way, major lol @ talking heads saying this would be a low-ratings superbowl since it was two midwest teams... 2nd most watched super bowl in bowl history

Grossman blew it

Rex is being blamed too much ...It was a terrible offensive & defensive game plan.....and they made no adjustments....it was a coaching loss

The commercials sucked ass

Prince was dope