THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    colts just aint got NO answers for belichick, do they?

None whatsoever. I'd say they have sort of a Pistons/Bulls thing going on, but the Bulls eventually beat the Pistons. The Colts are just the Patriots' whipping boy.

INT, game over, and here's the part where I eat my words and a heapin' helpin' of crow.

This game was

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I never liked the Pats since that tuck rule game...GO COLTS !

Yeah, you said that already.

Damn. Pats had this game and blew it. Had to happen sometime.

Congrats to Chi & Indy fans - should be a good Super Bowl.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    wow colts bears!

this will be an interesting superbowl! go bears!!!!!

• parenparen 537 Posts

SUPER BOWL: SAN DIEGO vs. CHICAGO[/b]

LOL LOL LOL

Neither of those pretenders are getting a SNIFF at the Super Bowl!

Apologies to Bears fans, I'll eat crow on this one.
    My only excuse, I'm an AFC guy and only saw Chi play
    once all year, when they got served by the Pats.

• Holy shit Colts!

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Patriots lost, but Belichick is still a genius. He'll solve the Iraq crisis in a camoflauge short sleeve hoodie.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I never liked the Pats since that tuck rule game...GO COLTS !

Yeah, you said that already.

Damn. Pats had this game and blew it. Had to happen sometime.

Congrats to Chi & Indy fans - should be a good Super Bowl.

I feel your pain. As a Chiefs fan and a Philadelphia fan I've had my share of heartache thru the years. Just a little bit....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Peyton Manning FINALLY got the off his back. Props due!!! He showed great poise in the 2nd half of the game. Go ahead and set up my plate of crow so that I can eat it. Honestly, I was hoping they would win since I was tired of the Patriots, and so that two brothas would square off in the Super Bowl (I rooted for the Bears today too). I didn't have any other reason to cheer since my Cowboys bit the dust weeks ago. I made my call from merely an analytical standpoint. This is a historic day for the NFL and U.S.A.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    what was up with belicheks saltiness when soloman wilcox interviewed him? i know dude lost the game but still at least give the colts some daps. i aint got nothing against the pats but belichek just seems like a big asshole.

props to peyton for coming thru in the 4th.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    belicheks saltiness

do you even KNOw dude?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Just wanted to put this out there (so I can say I said it first), I don't think Bill Parcells will return to coach the Cowboys next season. Back to the topic, today we had two great NFL Division Championship games. If only the NBA could be this good, competitive, and compelling. BRING BACK FUNDAMENTALS AND DISCOURAGE EARLY (COLLEGE) DEPARTURES INTO THE NBA!!![/b]

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hey,

Just wanted to put this out there (so I can say I said it first), I don't think Bill Parcells will return to coach the Cowboys next season. Back to the topic, today we had two great NFL Division Championship games. If only the NBA could be this good, competitive, and compelling. BRING BACK FUNDAMENTALS AND DISCOURAGE EARLY (COLLEGE) DEPARTURES INTO THE NBA!!![/b]
    Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Only way that happens in the NBA is if they rid the league of the guaranteed contracts. NFL players aren't guaranteed shit, one bad year and they are outta there.

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Only way that happens in the NBA is if they rid the league of the guaranteed contracts. NFL players aren't guaranteed shit, one bad year and they are outta there.

True dat!!! The NBA violates every motivational principle known to man. Sounds like the tenure system in higher education, as some profs don't do anything afterwards (not me, I'm manic and driven).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

True dat!!! The NBA violates every motivational principle known to man. Sounds like the tenure system in higher education, as some profs don't do anything afterwards (not me, I'm manic and driven).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Its hard for me to even get mad at Jerome James or other bums who take the money and chill. Its crazy how NBA guys (especially big guys) seem to put together a good second half of a season in their contract year, get crazy paid and then get fat and chill. See Vin Baker, Candyman, Ike Austin, Benoit Benjamin, Jerome, so many of these dudes pull the same move.

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Its hard for me to even get mad at Jerome James or other bums who take the money and chill. Its crazy how NBA guys (especially big guys) seem to put together a good second half of a season in their contract year, get crazy paid and then get fat and chill. See Vin Baker, Candyman, Ike Austin, Benoit Benjamin, Jerome, so many of these dudes pull the same move.

There's no need to have love for basketball to get paid well in the NBA That's why I love NFL football WAAAAAAAAY more than NBA basketball, even though basketball was my main sport (as an athlete). Most NFLers play like they love that shit!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    A LOT of mofuckas lost some money over the weekend.

• The Colts-Pats game was one of the maybe 3 best football games i've ever seen. that was crazy. Defintion of a heavyweight fight. Two teams just slugging it out. I loved that the game wasn't decided on mistakes, but more on execution.

Oh, and Bill Pollian is a motherless fuck, and may he spend his two weeks in miami with crabs, sandy crotch rot, and a sunburn. i'd love to see peyton win, but that fucking piece of shit is gonna make it hard to root for the horseshoes.

• Ed,

You get to pick first now. Better come up w/ a tiebreak procedure. Good weekend for ya.

Props to Bears, Props to Colts, Props to black coaches.

I sure hope Deuce was hurt cos if Sean Payton just didn't use him than that's some seriously bad coaching on his part. The Saints never even tried to establish the run. Damn I'm hurtin today. Pats/Colts was amazing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Props to Black coaches.

• I loved that the game wasn't decided on mistakes, but more on execution.

Except if the Pats had caught any of those 3 completely open passes that they dropped, they might've won...

Except if the Pats had caught any of those 3 completely open passes that they dropped, they might've won...

Reche's dropped pass on the sideline and the 12 men in the huddle were the biggest mistakes, imo. But, for a game of this magnitude, a dropped ball and 5 yard penalty as the two biggest lapses? Sounds like a pretty ok game.

So, I don't get my present now?

• So, I don't get my present now?

it'll be better in a month or two; right now, it'll sting. it is best as a pump up for the next game, not an 'ouch. well, that doesn't matter now that we lost.'

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

im still recovering from the partying after this win...

the patriots caught one in the DOME... COLTSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reche's dropped pass on the sideline and the 12 men in the huddle were the biggest mistakes, imo. But, for a game of this magnitude, a dropped ball and 5 yard penalty as the two biggest lapses? Sounds like a pretty ok game.

Oh, it was a great game, one of the best I've ever seen, but I think that 2 of those dropped passes could have easily resulted in a score if they were caught, therefore the game might have been decided on a mistake. That's all I'm sayin'. Great game though, I was glued.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

when reggie wayne almost coughed up the ball in the 4th quarter...CRAZY!!!

• when reggie wayne almost coughed up the ball in the 4th quarter...CRAZY!!!

wouldn't have mattered, b/c of the horseshit Roughing The Passer call...