THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• Dolphins over Vikings-[/b] Both of these squads are beginning to look like we thought they'd look at the beginning of the year.
    49ers over Seahawks-[/b] UPSET SPECIAL
    Chargers over Broncos-[/b] DEFINITELY don't bet this one. There's no way that SD, without Lights Out and coming from a tough win on the east coast last week to a big game in that mile high atmosphere this week, should win this. I just think that the Chargers are the better team (very possibly the BEST team in the league), so I'm rolling with them.
    Jaguars over Giants-[/b] The G-men just have too many injuries... if they don't get well soon they might fall right off the NFC playoff map

I don't understand the Vikings comment...unless you thought they were gonna suck at the beginning of the year. But yeah, they are coming off of losing to SF and at home to GB (they never used to lose in the Dome to Favre).

SF is quietly doing some things. On the low. Big ups to Mike Nolan, he's done a good job this year.

I don't know what to make of the Chargers. I keep waiting for MartyBall to implode. Rivers is impressive. LT is otherworldly.

Same w/ the Jags. WTF? You get swept by Houston? Still, I like them to put it on the Gints as well.

• Bengals over Saints-[/b] Cincy is due for a win, NO is due for a loss... simple as that

Don't understand why that is necessarily the case bro. N.O. is 1-2 in its last 3 and coming back home after a two game roadie. The Dome is going to be bananas. Still Cinci's backs are against the wall. For the second straight week, the Saints face a team that is in "desperation mode". We need this win as bad as they do though, so that haters like Messrs. Powers and Most will get off our nuts. Cinci can't stop anybody. Horn and Thomas return from injury. Saints 38-Bungles 35.

You're right- forgot NO lost last week. I was thinking they were 7-2. I still like Cincy... they're probably not gonna make the playoffs this season but I still don't see them at 4-6. Game's basically a toss-up IMO (I'm still mad at the Saints for taking that game from Philly that we gift wrapped for them).

And as for Minny... yeah, I thought they were gonna suck from the gate this year. I don't think many people saw them starting out as hot as they did with a rookie head coach, no receivers and old ass Brad Johnson at QB.

• Yeah, it's a total toss-up on Cinci vs. NO and I'm already gripping. We really need that game. Can't go 1-3 vs. the AFC North.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Cowboys over Colts-[/b] I like Romo at home. Indy is ready to go DOWN
    Bengals over Saints-[/b] Cincy is due for a win, NO is due for a loss... simple as that
    Ravens over Falcons-[/b] Atlanta and Vick are just too hot and cold to have any faith in... B-more looks a lot more stable
    Panthers over Rams-[/b] In a normal year, this would be about the time where the contenders begin to distance themselves from the pretenders... although this is not a normal year, I will stick with that theory and bet against the pretenders (St. L), even though I'm not all that thrilled with the contenders (Carolina)
    Patriots over Packers-[/b] Favre has done well to have the Pack looking halfway respectable this season. Time to get a reality check, cheesedomes.
    Dolphins over Vikings-[/b] Both of these squads are beginning to look like we thought they'd look at the beginning of the year.
    Chargers over Broncos-[/b] DEFINITELY don't bet this one. There's no way that SD, without Lights Out and coming from a tough win on the east coast last week to a big game in that mile high atmosphere this week, should win this. I just think that the Chargers are the better team (very possibly the BEST team in the league), so I'm rolling with them.
    Jaguars over Giants-[/b] The G-men just have too many injuries... if they don't get well soon they might fall right off the NFC playoff map

Except this one.....

Jets over Bears-[/b] Why not? Hard to imagine the Jets beating NE and da Bears back to back, but also hard for me to see Chicago beating both NYC teams in the Meadowlands back to back.

nah dude ...aint happenin' ...The Jets have reached their peak...they'll be happy finishing 500% and beating the Patriots once...teams will actually prepare for The Jets now......... and after losing to The Dolphins, The Bears will take this game serious

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Philly Phill......you ready to send me some Drakes Coffee Cakes???

I'll take Indy

And I got Mexi-Coke backin' me up.

• Cowboys over Colts-[/b] I like Romo at home. Indy is ready to go DOWN

I'll take Indy

Naw, that's okay. I'm Philly, cousin... we do NOT bet on the Cowboys under any circumstances. I'll just wait to get that next shipment of Mexis from you right after Xmas, okay?

• BTW, Bills fans (if there are any on here)... time for your team to end the JP Losman experiment. The boy's another Joey Harrington... I had hopes for the kid, but he ain't got it. Buffalo betta cut bait and move in another direction asap. They could be challenging for a playoff spot right now if they were at least competent at the qb position. They're not.

I'll take Indy

Naw, that's okay. I'm Philly, cousin... we do NOT bet on the Cowboys under any circumstances. I'll just wait to get that next shipment of Mexis from you right after Xmas, okay?

S'cool....I can't believe a real Philly man would even PICK the Cowboys!!

We'll hook up in December.

• Jets over Bears-[/b] Why not? Hard to imagine the Jets beating NE and da Bears back to back, but also hard for me to see Chicago beating both NYC teams in the Meadowlands back to back.

nah dude ...aint happenin' ...The Jets have reached their peak...they'll be happy finishing 500% and beating the Patriots once...teams will actually prepare for The Jets now......... and after losing to The Dolphins, The Bears will take this game serious

You may be right, no doubt. From what I've seen, though (and I honestly haven't studied the Jets very closely), the NYJ's are a lot better than I thought and the Bears are damn close to being an outright fraud. Any team that can avoid turnovers on offense and produce an effective pass rush on defense can beat the Bears. The stinkin' Cardinals were kickin' their ass, until they let 'em off the hook (bitchslaps the podium to punctuate that statement). The half-dead Giants were sonnin' them too until they stopped blitzing for some strange reason. I'm just not sold on those dudes, mang.

• BTW, Bills fans (if there are any on here)... time for your team to end the JP Losman experiment. The boy's another Joey Harrington... I had hopes for the kid, but he ain't got it. Buffalo betta cut bait and move in another direction asap. They could be challenging for a playoff spot right now if they were at least competent at the qb position. They're not.

yes! bills fan right hurr! yeah i had some hopes of losman last season but he really regressed this year. maybe we can get in the running for troy smith or brady quinn, we just gotta stop winning games which shouldnt be too hard now that mcgahee is out w/ cracked ribs.

lets go bills! maybe we can string together another 4 straight superbowl losses!

• Asante Samuel and Eugene Wilson are both out for the Pats @ Green Bay...Don't like that one bit. If they lose three in a row...

75% of our starting defensive backfield is now out with injuries; which seems to happen every year. I don't know who is evaluating DBack talent for this team, but they gots to find some more durable dudes.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Asante Samuel and Eugene Wilson are both out for the Pats @ Green Bay...Don't like that one bit. If they lose three in a row...

yes! bills fan right hurr! yeah i had some hopes of losman last season but he really regressed this year. maybe we can get in the running for troy smith or brady quinn, we just gotta stop winning games which shouldnt be too hard now that mcgahee is out w/ cracked ribs.

lets go bills! maybe we can string together another 4 straight superbowl losses!

now ain't that about a b-word... figures, soon as i say Losman sucks he throws for 184 yards and 2 tds in the first 9 minutes against Houston. it's been that kinda year...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Chargers over Broncos-[/b]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Asante Samuel and Eugene Wilson are both out for the Pats @ Green Bay...Don't like that one bit. If they lose three in a row...

Let's not get carried away, now...

...and what up with that custom wheel, G?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Woah! Phill your Eagles looked deplorable! Steelers eek past the Browns.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Steelers eek past the Browns.

That Big Ben shovel pass with 30 seconds left was

• Woah! Phill your Eagles looked deplorable!

They stink, man. The coach stinks and too many of the players stink. McNabb's out for the season and probably a lot of next season too (torn ACL). Not much to look forward to anytime soon on the Philly sports scene.

Uhhhmmm... any chance we can we cancel that Xmas game bet, Rockadel???

• McNabb's out for the season and probably a lot of next season too (torn ACL).

Tony Romo, welcome to my starting lineup in fantasy.

• Asante Samuel and Eugene Wilson are both out for the Pats @ Green Bay...Don't like that one bit. If they lose three in a row...

Let's not get carried away, now...

...and what up with that custom wheel, G?

My concerns proved VERY unfounded...but, still concerned about the DBacks.

Very into the custom wheel. Should get the bike in the next week or so; I'll let you know, and we can meet up. It isn't going anywhere, right?

Damn this Indy - Dallas game is gonna be close.

Cowboys are doomed if it comes down to Mike Vanderjackass

EdPowers.....PM me your Paypal address

First time I ever enjoyed losing a bet.

• yes! buffalo wins! jp losman looks like a professional quarterback for once! lee evans goes for 260+ yards.

in other news, ladainian tomlinson goes for 4 touchdowns! are you insane! good god! whoever has him in their fantasy squads, he is single handedly carrying your squads.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Week 11-[/b] seriously to even try picking games this year...

with great power comes great responsibility

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    As a Chiefs fan I can't believe Aaron Brooks tried to squeak a pass in the endzone on first down. Throw the ball away and try on the next down. I"m glad he threw the pick but geez.....Jeff Garcia in philly????....#5 going down is a stinger...

• I'll take my medicine on the Saints. They're letting the fans down right now w/ deplorable secondary play and TOO MANY TURNOVERS on offense. 600+ yards of offense and only 16 points?

Oh well. Still control the destiny for the playoffs. Only one NFC loss and some winnable games ahead. Let's do this Saints.

Props on yr SF upset call, Philly Phil. Sorry bout yr Iggles.

Chargers are the lick right now.

I'll take my medicine on the Saints. They're letting the fans down right now w/ deplorable secondary play and TOO MANY TURNOVERS on offense. 600+ yards of offense and only 16 points?

Oh well. Still control the destiny for the playoffs. Only one NFC loss and some winnable games ahead. Let's do this Saints.

December 10th is looking sweet.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Woah! Phill your Eagles looked deplorable!

They stink, man. The coach stinks and too many of the players stink. McNabb's out for the season and probably a lot of next season too (torn ACL). Not much to look forward to anytime soon on the Philly sports scene.

I just read a puff piece about McNabb in Sports Illustrated about how the Eagles still are a force to be reckoned with, proving once again that S.I. can't get shit right about the N.F.L. -- they also predicted at the beginning of the season that Miami would play Carolina in the Super Bowl.

Ladanian Tomlonson (sp) ...

I never saw someone score touchdowns so casually.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Oh by the way... I'd like to thank Shaun Alexander for killing my fantasy football season....

• My boys are bout to turn this season the FUCK AROUND.

What's up NOW muthafuckahs!?!?