THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Where my NFL'ers at?

Cutler is NOT the next Romo. Vanderjerk out, Gramatica IN. Bryant Gumble's Play by Play on the NFL Network perhaps WOAT. Grossman still the Bears QB at 10-2.

• Where my NFL'ers at?

Cutler is NOT the next Romo. Vanderjerk out, Gramatica IN. Bryant Gumble's Play by Play on the NFL Network perhaps WOAT. Grossman still the Bears QB at 10-2.

Great call on Gumble. HORRID. Collinsworth is equally as bad. Can't believe they picked those two douchebags.

Saints v. Cowboys this week is huge. Wish Joe Horn and Marques Colston weren't hurting for my Saints. Tough game...Cowboys are good right now.

Still not sold on Martyball going to the Superbowl.

Vince Young is the Truth!!!!

• Pats looked mighty suspect this weekend against Detroit. Can't get far if they keep playing like that. Did get to spend the game on the field, though, which was doooope.

That Dallas-Giants game was fun to watch.

Let's go Bengals- get that WC.

• Where my NFL'ers at?

Cutler is NOT the next Romo.

ahh don't judge a rookie by his first game man, there was a lot of pressure on him, plus, he did throw 2 TD passes and did what he had to do to tie the game up. He did make a couple mistakes, but they were rookie mistakes, rookies make mistakes. If anything, they scored their last one too quickly. I'd put it on our D for not stopping them on the return. If we held them better, they wouldn't necessarily have had the opportunity for that final FG. I'd say all in all, Cutler did a good job for his first game. He did better than Jake's been doing lately. Jake fucks up at the end of the game when it's the deciding factor of win or lose, Cutler fucked up early on and then got his shit together. I give him props for now and say to hell with the hatteurs and naysayers! Ha. We'll see what happens... Regardless, the Broncos reaqlly need to win again, this shit has really sucked the past month.

oh and edit: Cecil Sapp broke his leg and is out for the season, I didn't even notice that he got injured, yet it took 15 minutes to wheel Al Wilson off the field on a gurney and take him to the hospital, and he's fine. Go figure.

double edit ps - Did anybody catch that rediculous catch by Steve Smith last night? He got head dead on, in the air, and not only did he land perfectly steady on 2 feet running, the guy that hit him fucked himself out. Smith was the man of steel last night.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Collinsworth is equally as bad.

Collinsworth is one of the better announcers in the league...Gumble blows though... I still recovering from my Chiefs blowing it in Clevland....Hello??? How about blitzing a rookine qb relentlessly...Loved watching "Me"shawn Johnson cry after the Panthers got picked off to end the game...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    going down to miami for the pats/dolphins game with the fam this weekend. package deal. should be an interesting game.

• Collinsworth is equally as bad.

Collinsworth is one of the better announcers in the league...Gumble blows though... I still recovering from my Chiefs blowing it in Clevland....Hello??? How about blitzing a rookine qb relentlessly...Loved watching "Me"shawn Johnson cry after the Panthers got picked off to end the game...

Really? I think he's a tool. How about this gem from last week: with Baltimore down by 13 and starting to mount a semblance of a drive, they got to 3rd and 3 at about their own 42 with 2:00 or so left in the *3rd* quarter. CC starts going on about how this is "four down territory" for the Ravens. WHAT? That team has a good a chance to score on Defense as they do on offense, there is no way any coach would go for it on their own side of the Fifty in that situation.

There are many analysts and announcers I like (Gus Johnson anyone?). I'm not just hating. But I can't stand Collinsworth.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just watched the Colts-Titans replay on NFL network.

That game was cold

Those NFL Replay games are pretty cool, too.

I was feeling great and then remembered I had been
    looking at the upcoming Pats-Titans game as a cinch

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay[/b]
    Baltimore at Kansas City [/b]
    Indianapolis[/b] at Jacksonville
    Minnesota at Detroit[/b]
    New England[/b] at Miami
    N.Y. Giants at Carolina game of the week[/b]
    Oakland at Cincinnati[/b]
    Philadelphia at Washington[/b]
    Tennessee at Houston[/b]
    Green Bay at San Francisco[/b]
    Seattle[/b] at Arizona
    Buffalo at N.Y. Jets[/b]
    Denver[/b] at San Diego
    New Orleans[/b] at Dallas
    Chicago at St. Louis.........

New England[/b] at Miami

I'm nervous, to be honest.

• N.Y. Giants at Carolina game of the week[/b]

Chris Weinke will probably be starting for Carolina
    If NYG, even in their state of disarray, can't beat these toothless Panthers with Winky Dink at QB then they are a far sorrier bunch of batches than I thought they were. Both teams STINK regardless.... glad that this game will put one of them out of their misery for good.

There are a few nice matchups this weekend... NO vs. Dallas looks to be the one, though. GO SAINTS.

• New Orleans[/b] at Dallas

Whaaaaaaaaat? I'm mad nervous about this one EP, we're pretty banged up. What are you seeing?

Whaaaaaaaaat? I'm mad nervous about this one EP, we're pretty banged up. What are you seeing?

I see the Dallas secondary against a team that scores at will

I see Sean Payton wanting to kick Bill Parcell's ass

I see Dallas fast asleep

I see New Orleans beating at least one team over 500

I see Duece & Marques giving me fantasy points

New Orleans should win this game...but Dallas is going to the Super Bowl

Denver[/b] at San Diego

For the record ....I have no idea why i picked Denver.......... and Washington

• VINCE YOUNG = ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

New England[/b] at Miami

I'm nervous, to be honest.

I just KNEW it.

Patriots offense is looking like

• debardebar 215 Posts

It looks like the playoffs are out of reach now... Chiefs can't seem to play a complete game on either side of the ball.

• LaDANIAN TOMLINSON = MVP

Just put him in Canton right now, it doesn't even matter what he does from this point on. If he ain't the GOAT he's on a very short list of candidates for that title.

• REGGIE BUSH = ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

• Denver[/b] at San Diego

For the record ....I have no idea why i picked Denver.......... and Washington

Denver's been on a steady decline. They really pissed me off today... Oh well, end of season. We'll be back next year!

I'm for the Chargers though, they are killin' it right now. I'd like to see LT in the SB this year.

• Brees is single handedly carrying my fantasy team this week.

I wish I had held onto Bush, dude is

Atlanta at Tampa Bay[/b]
    Minnesota at Detroit[/b]
    New England[/b] at Miami
    Tennessee at Houston[/b]
    Seattle[/b] at Arizona
    Buffalo at N.Y. Jets[/b]
    Denver[/b] at San Diego

• Damn, how'd that taste, Cowboys fan????

Reggie is starting to get it. Drew Brees is playing QB better than anyone else in the league right now.

That shit was AWESOME!!!!

Most yards ever given up by a Parcells defense in a regular season game.

• Atlanta at Tampa Bay[/b]
    Minnesota at Detroit[/b]
    New England[/b] at Miami
    Tennessee at Houston[/b]
    Seattle[/b] at Arizona
    Buffalo at N.Y. Jets[/b]
    Denver[/b] at San Diego

holy shit! did you pitch a shutout??? wow. rare. though, the sting was probably lessened by the pounding your boys put on the Pats.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I have to say that the Saints have the most enthusiastic fans I've ever seen.

Even Whistle Monster was representing in Big D!!

Saints are fo real.......rest of the league better watch out.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay[/b]
    Minnesota at Detroit[/b]
    New England[/b] at Miami
    Tennessee at Houston[/b]
    Seattle[/b] at Arizona
    Buffalo at N.Y. Jets[/b]
    Denver[/b] at San Diego

holy shit! did you pitch a shutout??? wow. rare. though, the sting was probably lessened by the pounding your boys put on the Pats.

Damn near a shutout ...after the morning games i changed the Denver and San Fran picks on my pigskin pick em' challenge but still ....The Dolphins victory was kinda considering it makes no difference in the standings ......

Saints are fo real.......rest of the league better watch out.

Not really ...they'll get smashed in the first round

The Dolphins victory was kinda
    considering it makes no difference in the standings ......

Are you gonna say the image of me punching
    my car's dashboard and screaming in frustration
    when the Pats TD was called back on a flag
    doesn't bring you any pleasure whatsoever?

The Dolphins victory was kinda
    considering it makes no difference in the standings ......

Are you gonna say the image of me punching
    my car's dashboard and screaming in frustration
    when the Pats TD was called back on a flag
    doesn't bring you any pleasure whatsoever?

nah ....it was embarassing watching Joey and company celebrate like they actually accomplished something

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

nah ....it was embarassing watching Joey and company celebrate like they actually accomplished something

god almighty, you should have seen the local news coverage.