THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Game Of The Year[/b]

WEEK 11
    Sunday, Nov. 19

Indianapolis at Dallas

You must be kidding....unless you just love seeing the Cowboys get their asses kicked!!!

• in the words of my boss ...

dog shit game.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Game Of The Year[/b]

WEEK 11
    Sunday, Nov. 19

Indianapolis at Dallas

You must be kidding....unless you just love seeing the Cowboys get their asses kicked!!!

This is a must win for Dallas and Indy's final statement game .....The Colts are tired of trying to prove to the world that they are for real ...They're 9-0 with a very tough schedule AGAIN and we still talk about the Bears,Denver and the Giants .....Fuckin New Orleans gets more shine than the Colts ....BUT ! for good reason ....This is still Tony Dungy ...This is still Peyton Manning ...and they still are one of the worst run defense teams in years ...Even after watching the Jets,Tenn,Denver and New England all get cute at the end of those games Buffalo got cute yesterday ....just because they can't stop the run does not mean stop throwing the ball down the field...Romo has balls (he basically said fuck Parcells yesterday) ...

I said all that to say ...Dallas will smash Indy ....yea i know...Pittsburgh was supposed to beat Oakland

Say Goodbye to the following teams:

New Orleans = No balls
    Atlanta = No coach
    Kansas City = No QB
    Cinncinati = No balance
    Pittsburgh= No +/- ratio
    Giants = No youth
    Jacksonville = No adjustment

HOW BOUT THEM DOLPHINS BATCHES !!

(he basically said fuck Parcells yesterday) ...

I said all that to say ...Dallas will smash Indy ....yea i know...Pittsburgh was supposed to beat Oakland

Do I smell a wager???

Do I smell a wager

The paypal booth is now open !

We don't accept vinyl at Ed's paypal deposit center, money only....and we'll be glad to take yours

Do I smell a wager

We don't accept vinyl at Ed's paypal deposit center, money only....and we'll be glad to take yours

Since my Mexi-Coke loss cost me about $25.00 let's go for that.

Do I smell a wager

cool

• Say Goodbye to the following teams:

New Orleans = No balls

Please. What the fuck are you even talking about?

Enjoy the few more meaningless wins YOUR team accrues.

Say Goodbye to the following teams:

New Orleans = No balls

Please. What the fuck are you even talking about?

Enjoy the few more meaningless wins YOUR team accrues.

You sound angry .....Did your team get their balls snatched off yesterday ?

You have to have balls to win big games ....like Carolina(LOSS) ,Baltimore(LOSS) and Pittsburgh(LOSS)..........Keep beating up on Tampa,Green Bay,Atlanta and Cleveland ........lol !!! The Saints aint shit

• Yes, at your complete lack of cogent commentary.

I like how you picked us to lose against ATL but now it's a no-big-deal win. We beat Philly too.

Let's see, no Joe Horn, minus one starting CB at the home of the defending SB champs after they've had to read their obituary for a week. And yet we were driving to tie until Horn's replacement (picked up after Final Cuts) fumbled after getting a first down near the Red Zone.

So, anyway, we'll at least make the playoffs w/out our balls while your coach rants and raves his way to another fantastic second-half surge to mediocrity.

Sit down son and let the grown folks discuss this sport. "No balls" would be losing 41-0 (like the Chiefs) after getting down 14-0. The Saints fought til the end. FUCK YO COUCH EDPOWERS!!!

Don't give me that bullshit about Joe Horn ....They dont need to score more goddamn points.... Colston carries that team anyway...Just like Antonio Gates,Brees finds a favorite and throws to him no matter what ....and that corner being out had nothing to do with the Parker running over that D-Line ....

Until The Saints beat an above average team they'll be The New Orleans Bengals

Wait,Polamalu and Townsend didn't even play ......lol !!! .....this is silly ........Can we discuss the Ravens or something ?

• Wait,Polamalu and Townsend didn't even play ......lol !!! .....this is silly ........Can we discuss the Ravens or something ?

The affrontery. THIS FROM A GUY WHO WANTS TO BIG UP THE FUCKING DOLPHINS.

• Don't give me that bullshit about Joe Horn ....They dont need to score more goddamn points.... Colston carries that team anyway...Just like Antonio Gates,Brees finds a favorite and throws to him no matter what ....and that corner being out had nothing to do with the Parker running over that D-Line ....

Until The Saints beat an above average team they'll be The New Orleans Bengals

Some supposedly "good" teams can't even beat the teams their supposed to beat. Jacksonville? New England? Atlanta? Dallas? The list goes on.

I see you fancy yourself as some sort of "expert" because you have four bookies' numbers on your speed-dial, but the truth is you're only adding Clone-esque samck talk and little analysis.

I expected the Saints to catch an "L" this week. Pitt had racked up 500 yards of offense on a good Denver D. I knew the Saints group of over-achievers would have their hands full and they did. I was impressed w/ the relative ease with whcih the Saints threw and ran on the Steeler's D. That team got worked at home the week prior. If they had any self-respect they had to win yesterday. Now, I'll agree that if the Saints were an elite team they would've stuck the sword in and finished off those busters.

If you'd actually watched the game you're spouting off about, you'dve seen that all of Parker's damage was on the outside. No containment from the LBs and yes, the absence of the Saint's tough, run-stopping CB Fred Thomas did not help this situation. The DL has been solid in stretches up the middle.

Can the Saints hang w/ the best of the best (i.e. top AFC teams)? Probably not. But they are good enough to beat most of these so-so NFC teams and maybe win a playoff game. Coming off a 3-13 year and supposedly in rebuilding mode, that makes this season a success.

OF COURSE NOTHING BEATS BEING PREDICTED TO REPRESENT YOUR CONFERENCE IN THE SUPERBOWL AND INSTEAD FINISHING BEHIND THE LIKES OF THE JETS IN YOUR DIVISION NOW DOES IT?

I see you fancy yourself as some sort of "expert"

No ...i just make predictions and discuss the games before and after

Seems like the majority around here like to be silent before the games and then blah,blah,blah,blah after .... thats kinda Kotex

i watched the game close enough to see Parker run for 150 yards on two carries

I have nothing against the Saints...they're fun to watch ....thats about it

by the way ...Are you The Cap City Mavs ?

• I see you fancy yourself as some sort of "expert"

No ...i just make predictions and discuss the games before and after

Seems like the majority around here like to be silent before the games and then blah,blah,blah,blah after .... thats kinda Kotex

i watched the game close enough to see Parker run for 150 yards on two carries

I have nothing against the Saints...they're fun to watch ....thats about it

by the way ...Are you The Cap City Mavs ?

I hear ya dood. Just think the Saints are somewhere in between "no balls shit team" and "elite". How about "pretty good and can maybe win a playoff game or two."? When your team's 40 year history includes exactly ONE of those, you root for what you can get.

And I am hurting from that loss. In the end, we gave it away. Say what you want about Joe Horn, but I wish he'da been in there on the last drive instead of a Cowboys' castoff.

Yeah, I'm CCMavs. We stink right now. And you stole Monta Ellis from me, ya bastage.

• EdPowers, can we at least get some love for Mr. 619? That TD on the reverse was on some Matrix shit.

How good is Drew Brees too? He was masterful yesterday. The talent on the Saints OL is mediocre at best, yet they lead the league having given up only 9 sacks. So much of that is due to Brees' moxie in the pocket and his ability to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. He is a true revelation and pretty much the anti-Aaron Brooks.

• EdPowers, can we at least get some love for Mr. 619? That TD on the reverse was on some Matrix shit.

:melt::melt::melt::melt::melt::melt::melt::melt:

that shit was stupendous.

but we know who really owns the 619

4tds? are you kidding me?

• Chargers definitely get the most props for the week.

How is LT not all over the media? He is absolutely dominant.

Is this the year MartyBall gets over? The world is not ready.

• foreals, i didnt know phillip rivers was gonna be that good. granted he has LT but besides Gates, his receivers are

as for LT not being in the media, that guy is like the consummate professional. after touchdowns, celebrates w/ his O-line and keeps it humble like he's been there before (like 15 times in the past 6 games or something ridiculous like that)

chargers are balling even after the merriman roids thing, after the steve foley fiasco and that thing w/ the safety shipping codeine across state lines.

just hope marty doesnt revert back to his old self.

cool
    We're on.....it's a win/win for me......as a Cowboy fan it will be worth $25.00 to beat the Colts.....as a realist I'll spend your $25.00 on beer when I go to the Cowboys-Saints game on Dec. 10th!!

• You gon' be wearing a Saints jersey tho, right R***??

You gon' be wearing a Saints jersey tho, right R***??

That's funny.....I'm going with Nawlin's S*o*t and he is bringing me a Saints jersey to wear to the game.

For years I sported a Kyle Turley jersey until he left the Saints.

The Cowboys and Saints are the only two teams I really root for.

I think my solution is gonna be to rep for my hometown Long Island dude and wear a Marques Colston Hofstra jersey.

That way the Cowboy fans won't be on my ass all game.

But I'm betting S*o*t will have some beer thrown his way in his Brees jersey, especially if the Saints blow 'em out.

Mr. 619?

Great open field runner..having obvious trouble adjusting to NFL speed at the line.....He's trying to Bounce outside way too much...i dont know if he's not seeing the holes or he thinks he still has a speed advantage....Someone suggested to me yesterday that he doesn't like straight up contact...i dunno

Brees is money .

• Mr. 619?

Great open field runner..having obvious trouble adjusting to NFL speed at the line.....He's trying to Bounce outside way too much...i dont know if he's not seeing the holes or he thinks he still has a speed advantage....Someone suggested to me yesterday that he doesn't like straight up contact...i dunno

Brees is money .

I don't know if I buy the "doesn't like contact" thing. Polamalu got his concussion crashing into him and later on he put out some other DB after running over him. I just think he lacks the feel for true NFL running at this point. The corner is not there for him at all.

He was much improved yesterday. He needs to get consistency. He's been real up and down so far. I'm looking to see him improve in the second half of the season.

• Mr. 619?

Brees is money .

I don't know if I buy the "doesn't like contact" thing. Polamalu got his concussion crashing into him and later on he put out some other DB after running over him. I just think he lacks the feel for true NFL running at this point. The corner is not there for him at all.

He was much improved yesterday. He needs to get consistency. He's been real up and down so far. I'm looking to see him improve in the second half of the season.

Some may remember this pearl of wisdom from the 1st page of this thread-

Reggie Bush will have some great highlights but will NOT have a rookie of the year season altogether... [/b]

I did slightly retract that prediction later, but I saw signs of just what we are seeing of Bush in the NFL back when he was at USC. Especially his virtual no-show in the Rose Bowl. Great when he's in space and can just run past people, but I don't see him being very elusive in tight spaces. Which doesn't bode well for him as a between-the-tackles NFL running back. Dude is still talented and does actually have a little bit of a power running game, so I think he'll do better with time. If he's really the dude that everybody said he was coming out of college, though, he should've already had at least one monster game for the Saints. That 11 for -5 game was seriously

• Week 11-[/b] seriously to even try picking games this year... i don't think there's ever been a more unpredictable season from week to week, with a lot of underdogs winning on the road and what have you. The gap between the haves and have nots in the NFL has closed to the point that the old "any given sunday" cliche is truer now than ever before. Still, f--k it... I ain't scared to try figurin' these batches out. Years past I'd tell you to bet the farm on these Soulman picks- don't do it this year if you care about your hogs and heifers.

Cowboys over Colts-[/b] I like Romo at home. Indy is ready to go DOWN
    Bengals over Saints-[/b] Cincy is due for a win, NO is due for a loss... simple as that
    Ravens over Falcons-[/b] Atlanta and Vick are just too hot and cold to have any faith in... B-more looks a lot more stable
    Panthers over Rams-[/b] In a normal year, this would be about the time where the contenders begin to distance themselves from the pretenders... although this is not a normal year, I will stick with that theory and bet against the pretenders (St. L), even though I'm not all that thrilled with the contenders (Carolina)
    Patriots over Packers-[/b] Favre has done well to have the Pack looking halfway respectable this season. Time to get a reality check, cheesedomes.
    Jets over Bears-[/b] Why not? Hard to imagine the Jets beating NE and da Bears back to back, but also hard for me to see Chicago beating both NYC teams in the Meadowlands back to back.
    Dolphins over Vikings-[/b] Both of these squads are beginning to look like we thought they'd look at the beginning of the year.
    49ers over Seahawks-[/b] UPSET SPECIAL
    Chargers over Broncos-[/b] DEFINITELY don't bet this one. There's no way that SD, without Lights Out and coming from a tough win on the east coast last week to a big game in that mile high atmosphere this week, should win this. I just think that the Chargers are the better team (very possibly the BEST team in the league), so I'm rolling with them.
    Jaguars over Giants-[/b] The G-men just have too many injuries... if they don't get well soon they might fall right off the NFC playoff map

I will NOT be surprised one iota if everyone of these picks is wrong... it's been that kind of year

• BTW, lets get some mo action up in this thread, soulstrut football fans... enough with threads about OJ's pitiful ass and lets talk about some REAL NFL SCHITT

• Bengals over Saints-[/b] Cincy is due for a win, NO is due for a loss... simple as that

Don't understand why that is necessarily the case bro. N.O. is 1-2 in its last 3 and coming back home after a two game roadie. The Dome is going to be bananas. Still Cinci's backs are against the wall. For the second straight week, the Saints face a team that is in "desperation mode". We need this win as bad as they do though, so that haters like Messrs. Powers and Most will get off our nuts. Cinci can't stop anybody. Horn and Thomas return from injury. Saints 38-Bungles 35.