THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    My boys are bout to turn this season the FUCK AROUND.

What's up NOW muthafuckahs!?!?

• Ladanian Tomlonson (sp) ...

I never saw someone score touchdowns so casually.

against a solid defense at that. I was expecting the dude to be a threat to the Donkeys but shit, I wasn't expecting all that.

Fastest first 100 TD's scored, ever.

• My boys are bout to turn this season the FUCK AROUND.

What's up NOW muthafuckahs!?!?

I'm gettin real tired of 49er fans runnin their mouths. You will NOT be in the playoffs. You're team is mediocre at best. We gave you 5 turnovers and you still couldn't route the Hawks. If Hasselbeck played we would have tapped that ass. Payback is gonna be a bitch in a couple weeks.

Yup. All the niner fans who have been in hidin the past 5 years blew me up yesterday.

• Look I never said shit about the playoffs.

We were having a SHIT season. We are now at .500, which is a respectable November record. That's all.

And while I can see how it may be annoying for friends to come out of the woodwork and start talking niners this niners that, plaese to believe that I always have and always will ride for my team.

We are turning our season around, plain and simple. It's real hard to come back from a deficit like we got, but fuck it we're doing what we can in Week 11.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    EdPowers.....please PM me your Paypal address so I can pay off my debt.

Don't want to leave this hangin'

• Oh by the way... I'd like to thank Shaun Alexander for killing my fantasy football season....

One guy ruined your fantasy season? Man, you want bad luck, this is bad luck. On one of my teams I was autodrafted Daunte Culpepper, LaMont Jordan, Chris Chambers, Santana Moss, Jerry Porter and Chad Pennington. You had one guy go down and the sky is falling? Fantasy football's all about working the waiver wire. I had all those bum players on my team and I'm 6-5 now, in a 3-way tie for 2nd best record in the league. Like I said, it's about working the waiver wire. On that team I managed to pick up Rex Grossman off waivers early in the year when it was clear Culpepper wasn't going to do anything, and then I snagged Tony Romo when he took over as starter for the Cowboys. I snagged Maurice Jones-Drew early and he's paid off. I grabbed Greg Jennings and he was productive when healthy. I just grabbed Reche Caldwell before last week's games and he put up good numbers.

In my other fantasy league I just lost McNabb for the year so that hurts, but that team already started with such useless sacks as LaMont Jordan (again), Reggie Bush, Ben Watson, Chris Simms, Vernand Morency, Dominic Rhodes and Travis Taylor. I'm currently contending with injuries to Willis McGahee and Bernard Berrian. In that league I also picked up Reche Caldwell, and I just picked up Jeff Garcia when McNabb went down, I grabbed Anthony Thomas when McGahee went down, and I picked up Berrian off waivers early in the season. Despite all that I'm in a 3-way tie for best record in the league, in 3rd place based on points.

So yeah, in fantasy football you really have to work the waiver wire hard. Injuries happen, almost every team deals with them, so you can't blame one guy going down for your team's total lack of success. And of course, you simply have to get lucky. I've won matchups some weeks when my team sucks rocks but my opponent's team simply sucked more. There's nothing much you can do about that. In one of my leagues my brother is in dead last place but has more total points than over half the teams in the league; he just had shitty luck and lost in weeks where he put up solid numbers because his opponent always had that one guy putting up career numbers. Ain't much you can do about that. Anybody playing against a team with LaDainian Tomlinson the last month can sympathize with that. But you can't blame your lack of success squarely on one guy going down.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• TV note: the open to the CBS game was the best part of the day...man, that was great.

Just curious - this is the first Chicago Bears game
    I've seen this season...do they always get their
    points as a result of total bullshit pass interference calls?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LT

nuff said

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    CHARGERS, BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASANTE SAMUEL, BATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

edge of your seat type game.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    giants =

• giants =

You're not kidding. Vince looked sharp. What a comeback.

Recognize!

"That's probably the hardest I've ever been hit in my life. I didn't see the guy coming," Roethlisberger said.

• giants =

They got Vince Younged like a muhf---a... that kid is far from being a great QB yet, but he has a way of making plays when they need to be made. With his legs AND with his arm. The Titans might upset a few more teams before this season is done.

Man, folls out here in Philly talkin' like the Eagles are gonna SHOCK THE WORLD against the Colts tonight. What in the hell is giving people this strange idea? I hope those optimistic fans are right, but I see no reason why Indy isn't gonna give it to us in blowout fashion. I see it geting SUPER UGLY in the RCA Dome... much to my chagrin.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The way how the Eagles are playing reminds me of the Rich Kotite era.

• The way how the Eagles are playing reminds me of the Rich Kotite era.

unfortuntely, I

• The Giants are so fucking unbelievably bad right now.
    Their collapse is just pitiful.
    Am I bugging or weren't they up 21-0 at the half???

All over.

Somebody please fire Coughlin already.

• The Giants are so fucking unbelievably bad right now.

son, they were up 21-0 with ten minutes to play in the game. and lost IN REGULATION. that's some hard schitt to do.
    i feel your pain... even when philly collapsed in the 4th against your boys in week 2 at least we didn't lose it until OT. that's the kind of loss that can destroy a team.
    i think we need to just concede the nfc east to the dallas romos right now... it's looking kinda inevitable

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

The Giants are so fucking unbelievably bad right now.

son, they were up 21-0 with ten minutes to play in the game. and lost IN REGULATION. that's some hard schitt to do.
    i feel your pain... even when philly collapsed in the 4th against your boys in week 2 at least we didn't lose it until OT. that's the kind of loss that can destroy a team.
    i think we need to just concede the nfc east to the dallas romos right now... it's looking kinda inevitable

The bitch-ass Cowboys look like the only NFC East team that isn't participating in the race to the bottom the other squads are having.

Baltimore effectively stuck a fork in my beloved Steelers today.

I hope this doesn't mean our bet is off

The response by the local sports media to Romo has been interesting...

First two weeks they were all predicting a crash and burn....

By the fourth week they all agreed he is the best we've had since Aikman.....but don't be surprised if he crashes and burns.

After the Indy and Turkey Day 5 TD game they are ready to crown him King

Parcells told them all to "put away their anointing oil".

• i think we need to just concede the nfc east to the dallas romos right now... it's looking kinda inevitable

I hope this doesn't mean our bet is off

i might as well just send you your drakes cakes or whatever it was you wanted right now... the eagles are HORRIBLE. we're gonna lose on x-mas as bad as we're losing tonight, or worse

One more thing....I've been wondering this all year....

Bill Parcells has a scheduled Press Conference EVERY DAY of the week.....all six off days and of course on Game Day.......EVERY FRIGGIN" DAY from Training Camp til the end of the season.

Is there any other coach anywhere that even comes close to this kind of media coverage.

Funny thing is he sounds likes he hates doing it every single day other than game day Wins.

Funny thing is he sounds likes he hates doing it every single day other than game day Wins.

We had Parcells in NE for years - this is his typical M.O.

He is a master of self-promotion and keeping himself in the
    spotlight, yet making it seem like hates it all and wants to
    be left alone.

We thought Parcells was a great coach - and he DID get us to
    the Superbowl - but then we got Belichick, and found out what
    a great coach REALLY is.

• Funny thing is he sounds likes he hates doing it every single day other than game day Wins.

We had Parcells in NE for years - this is his typical M.O.

He is a master of self-promotion and keeping himself in the
    spotlight, yet making it seem like hates it all and wants to
    be left alone.

We thought Parcells was a great coach - and he DID get us to
    the Superbowl - but then we got Belichick, and found out what
    a great coach REALLY is.

AND, BB doesn't do pressers on Tuesday and Saturday! Yeah!!!

Interesting game tonight between the Bears and Pats...as one writer said to me, " there's some great D going on out there. And, some bad O." Put that together, and you get a low scoring, 10 turnover game that comes down to the last 2 minutes.

Neither team looked great, but definitely an entertaining game between two Very Good teams.

• daaaaag... it snows in Seattle???????

• daaaaag... it snows in Seattle???????

Glad I'm in NY right now.Wish my team was playin better though. We really need to release Jeramy Stevens asap.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

"That's probably the hardest I've ever been hit in my life. I didn't see the guy coming," Roethlisberger said.

I was at the game Sunday and I actually thought Roethlisberger might be dead after that hit. We sacked his ass 9 fucking times. Can I just say...

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE

I am now 8-0 at M & T Bank Stadium going back to 2000.