THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• Well, that's not my team so it's not worth my time really to go into super detail, but I think Minnie has a solid secondary w/ Winfield, Smoot and Sharper. Minnie was at home. they let Tommie Harris pretty much win that game when he forced that fumble. That's on them, bruh. Same w/ Zona.

Definitely have questions about that Bears' Offense now but I'm as sold as ever on that defense, it is the best in the league. Hester takes their ST to another level. He's Dante Hall-esque.

Last night just proved there is a lot of parity in the NFC and it may be the power conference this year. Whcih six teams are gonna make the playoffs out of:

PHI
    DAL
    NYG
    CHI
    NO
    CAR
    ATL
    SEA
    STL

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    it is the best in the league

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Which six teams are gonna make the playoffs out of:

PHI
    DAL
    NYG
    CHI
    NO
    CAR
    ATL
    SEA
    STL
    there you go.

• You think Dennis Green was pissed last night, you should have seen
    my girlfriend when they bumped The Bachelor in order to show the
    Bears MNFb on network TV.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Cards' Green fires offensive coordinator [/b]

NFL.com wire reports

TEMPE, Ariz. (Oct. 17, 2006) -- Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green fired offensive coordinator Keith Rowen and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Mike Kruczek.

The move came hours after the Cardinals blew a 20-point lead and lost to the Chicago Bears 24-23 on Monday Night Football.

"I've known Keith for a long time. I have the utmost respect for him," Green said. "We are not scoring enough points."

Kruczek becomes Green's third offensive coordinator in the coach's 2 1/2 seasons in Arizona.

Green said he was talking with Rowen about what other position he might take on the staff.

Kruczek has been quarterbacks coach since Green arrived.

"I think his close working relationship with Matt Leinart will give us a better chance," Green said.

• it is the best in the league

I feel ya. That's a good debate. They're killin it now on Defense. Champ Bailey has to be one of the early frontrunners for Defensive Player of the Year.

Denver's offense though.....ugh.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    The Bears defense is good but they have holes

Dennis Green ... got Edegerrin in the off-season when he should have picked up 2 o-linemen

That is EXACTLY what the Cards needed this off-season. I like Edge a lot, but I don't give a cotdamn if you go out and get a young Jim Brown and put him in a Arizona uniform, he ain't gonna do jack schitt behind that bum ass line they have down there. Those linemen on the Cardinals are stealing money, I swear. With a good line they probably could've just kept JJ Arrington as their halfback. But my god, 36 carries for 55 freakin' yards??? NO running back in the NFL is that damn bad by themselves, you GOTTA blame that schitt on the line. Like Urlacher said when he was commended on having a great game last night, and I paraphrase, "well,nobody blocked me!"

Chicago fans, you got a glimpse of your future last night. I think Da Bears are better than what edpowers is saying, but they are gonna get their asses served in the playoffs due to the weaknessses that edpowers mentioned and Rexy's turnover prone ways . 4 INTs and 2 fumbles??? He's probably not gonna be THAT bad again, but it still wasn't an abberation- I've been seeing dude just sling it up there all season, he's just been lucky up until last night. That kind of play kills you in January... you'll see, believe me.

36 carries for 55 freakin' yards

is that a record ?

That HAS to be a record

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

is that a record ?

That HAS to be a record

Yep, it is.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

is that a record ?

That HAS to be a record

Yep, it is.

James gained a grand total of 55 yards on 36 carries. No player in NFL history has rushed for fewer yards on that many carries.

(Source)

• autezautez 404 Posts
    IS TRENT GREEN GONNA BE OUT ALL SEASON?

fool was my #2 pick in fantasy football.. i have no QB now and i'm suffering. should i just drop him or hang on to him??

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    drop him....second pick of the draft?????? that was a reach...I'm pissed that I didn't trade Rex Grossman for steve smith or deon branch....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Damn....not a word from any of the pigskin headz this week....

Cowboys are about to prove whether or not they are the real thing or just another mediocre team.

Hope the Mexi-Coke tasted sweet as that 62 yarder was sailing through

• Damn....not a word from any of the pigskin headz this week....

Cowboys are about to prove whether or not they are the real thing or just another mediocre team.

Hope the Mexi-Coke tasted sweet as that 62 yarder was sailing through

few great games this weekend...Eagles-Bucs, Falcons-Steelers...

If I were a Panther fan, I'd be upset with my QB. Why did you throw that pass, Jake? Man...

Pretty pedestrian Pats game this weekend. Next Monday at Minne should be a good tilt.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Pretty pedestrian Pats game slaughter of the Buffalo Bills this weekend.

My biggest joy of the day was seeing Miami lose again, this time to the godawful Packers.
    Gotta love it!

• Pretty pedestrian Pats game slaughter of the Buffalo Bills this weekend.

My biggest joy of the day was seeing Miami lose again, this time to the godawful Packers.
    Gotta love it!

Joey Harrington threw the ball 62 times. 62!!! That is one awful team...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Gotta love it!

Its Goin Down !![/b]

Arizona at Green Bay [/b]....... Arizona[/b]....Green's last stand

Atlanta at Cincinnati[/b] ......... Cinncinnati[/b] ...."its goin down"

Baltimore at New Orleans[/b] ........... Baltimore[/b]...Every team in the league wants to play New Orleans and i'm not sure they can handle the pressure.....not to mention Billick has taken over the Ravens offense....and he's pissed

Houston at Tennessee[/b] ..........Houston[/b] ...You got your win Tennesee..now be gone

Jacksonville at Philadelphia[/b]........Philadelphia[/b] ...Philly will not lose 3 in a row

Seattle at Kansas City[/b] ........K.C.[/b]

San Francisco at Chicago[/b] .....Chi[/b]

Tampa Bay at N.Y. Giants[/b] .......Giants[/b]

St. Louis at San Diego[/b]..........St Louis[/b] ...71-67

Indianapolis at Denver[/b]......Indy[/b]...the yawn bowl

N.Y. Jets at Cleveland[/b]........Cleveland[/b]....The Browns have to beat somebody at home

Pittsburgh at Oakland[/b].........Oakland[/b]......Pittsburgh stinks and the problem is on defense.....Walters is ready and the Raiders have the #1 pass defense

Dallas at Carolina[/b] ......Carolina[/b] ...Besides all the Quarterback bullshit in Dallas last week ..did anyone else notice how Brandon Jacobs skeeted all over Dallas' defense ?

New England at Minnesota[/b] ....Minnesota[/b] .....The Vikings are good ....................i think

edpowers, i agree with your picks EXCEPT-

St. Louis at San Diego[/b]..........St Louis[/b]
    Naw, SD is not gonna lose 2 in a row. The Rams ain't that good.

Indianapolis at Denver[/b]......Indy[/b]
    Denver's D is gonna make Peyton cut that meat

Pittsburgh at Oakland[/b].........Oakland[/b]......Pittsburgh stinks and the problem is on defense.....Walters is ready and the Raiders have the #1 pass defense
    Pittsburgh would've won that game against Atlanta last week if not for turnovers by the offense... the D did look porous against Atlanta but i wouldn't blame the loss on them. Pittsburgh will be back in the hunt, mark my words. Oakland,on the other hand, really does stink. They can NOT beat the Steelers- bank on it.

Oh, and one you forgot...

Miami- BYE[/b]... I'll take the bye to win that one.

Denver can't score at all ....and Indy is guaranteed 3 touchdowns a game (they got cute with Tennesee) .....Unless Denver's defense can put up 2 touchdowns i dont see how they can win

MIAMI AT CHICAGO NEXT WEEK !!! LETS GO JOEY !!!!!

Denver can't score at all ....and Indy is guaranteed 3 touchdowns a game (they got cute with Tennesee) .....Unless Denver's defense can put up 2 touchdowns i dont see how they can win

San Diego & Pittsburgh last year and NE in previous playoff matches showed the world how to defeat Peyton and the Colts- get at the QB, rough his punk ass up, make him shaky and he's not nearly as effective. I honestly haven't looked closely at Denver this year, but I'm assuming they have the kind of defense that's capable of shutting the meat cutter down. Denver does need to score some points sooner or later, though.

Arizona at Green Bay [/b]....... Arizona[/b]

Houston at Tennessee[/b] ..........Houston[/b]

St. Louis at San Diego[/b]..........St Louis[/b]

New England at Minnesota[/b] ....Minnesota[/b]

Baltimore at New Orleans[/b] ........... Baltimore[/b]

N.Y. Jets at Cleveland[/b]........Cleveland[/b]

Pittsburgh at Oakland[/b].........Oakland[/b]

• Dag, where y'all Redskin fans at??? That game today against the Cowboys was like

Does everybody who thought the Bears were the King Kong of the NFL now realize that they are NOT that good? They're really not. They still could make the Super Bowl, but only because these other flops in the NFC are not stepping up and showing that they're the real deal. GUARANTEED if da Bears make the SB they are gonna get smoked by whoever is reppin' the AFC.

Watch out for Jacksonville... I been saying that they're a better team with Gerrard at QB than they are with Leftwich. I don't know how far they'll go, but they are dangerous as hell right now.

I think the Bengals are done.

The Chiefs... that's another team to be reckoned with. AFC West is putting 3 teams in the playoffs, write it down.

Colts vs. Patriots tonight... OH BOY. I'm seein' New England doing what they usually do to Manning in this one. If they don't do it tonight, they WILL do it in the playoffs, whether it's in Foxboro or the RCA Dome.

• GUARANTEED if da Bears make the SB they are gonna get smoked by whoever is reppin' the AFC.
    DENVER

• parenparen 537 Posts
    8-0.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

oh damn. i totally missed last nights game, but i can see from your reaction that i didnt miss much.

• oh damn. i totally missed last nights game, but i can see from your reaction that i didnt miss much.

bizarre game. manning looked great at times; brady looked awful, throwing four picks (a couple were tipped, tho) and some dreadful passes- screen passes right into the dirt. The Pats special teams got torched, they missed a 30-some yard FG, and Rodney Harrison missed most of the game with an arm injury...

Yet, they only lost by 7, and had the ball with 1:40 remaining and the ball at the 50 and a chance to tie. Sho nuff, Kevin Faulk let one through his hands, and that was the game. BUT, it was as weird a football game as I can remember.

Game Of The Year[/b]

WEEK 11
    Sunday, Nov. 19

Indianapolis at Dallas