THE OFFICIAL NFL 2006 THREAD

Comments

• I wouldn't be surpised if Chicago catches one this Sunday

Please. They are at Arizona on Monday night.

I'll give you 9.5 points and I haven't even seen the line.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I wouldn't be surpised if Chicago catches one this Sunday

Please. They are at Arizona on Monday night.

I'll give you 9.5 points and I haven't even seen the line.

lemme think about it

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    WHAT IT IS FOR WEEK 6: [/b]

Ravens over Panthers-[/b] B-more has got to get that running game going. Both teams are kinda , but when in doubt go with the better defense.

Falcons over Giants-[/b] if John Abraham is back and healthy, Atlanta's D is gonna be scary. Could actually be a blowout.

Eagles over Saints-[/b] hard one to pick, though. Eagles are the better team, but I think the Saints are genuinely good this year. easy to see Philly coming up flat after the T.O. game last week, but I don't think McNabb and the vets on the team are gonna let that happen.

Rams over Seahawks-[/b] another tough pick, but St. Loo is looking good and at home, Seattle has a few injuries and other problems that still need worked out.

Redskins over Titans-[/b] don't be fooled by either of these teams' games last week.

Steelers over Chiefs-[/b] you just figure Pittsburgh isn't gonna go 1-4. But that Chiefs' D is MUCH improved this season. If they start getting to Crash Roethlisberger, who knows... i wouldn't be real surprised if KC scores an upset.

that's all I'm picking this week... the other games are either too easy or too insignificant

Ravens over Panthers-[/b]

Falcons over Giants-[/b]

Eagles over Saints-[/b]

me no agree

Rams over Seahawks-[/b]

Redskins over Titans-[/b]

Steelers over Chiefs-[/b]

me agree

daaaaaam... looks like i came with a lot of shaky picks today. Well, i only went for the tough ones, so i guess it's understandable

• Eagles over Saints-[/b] hard one to pick, though. Eagles are the better team, but I think the Saints are genuinely good this year. easy to see Philly coming up flat after the T.O. game last week, but I don't think McNabb and the vets on the team are gonna let that happen.

8.5 minute drive to kill the clock and win the game.

• debardebar 215 Posts

Steelers over Chiefs-[/b] you just figure Pittsburgh isn't gonna go 1-4. But that Chiefs' D is MUCH improved this season. If they start getting to Crash Roethlisberger, who knows... i wouldn't be real surprised if KC scores an upset.

So much for that improved D. This is embarassing. I need a beer.

Eagles over Saints-[/b] hard one to pick, though. Eagles are the better team, but I think the Saints are genuinely good this year. easy to see Philly coming up flat after the T.O. game last week, but I don't think McNabb and the vets on the team are gonna let that happen.

8.5 minute drive to kill the clock and win the game.

DISGUSTING. No way in hell the Eagles' D should've let that happen. Something about this guy Sean Payton, he's ALWAYS been able to outthink Jim Johnson's defense. Back when he was with the Giants, with Dallas and now with the Saints. Gotta tip my Kangol to New Orleans, they look like they're definitely the real deal. Reggie Bush gets a lot of pub, but Drew Brees is the guy that makes this a different team.
    I'm real disappointed in the Eagles' D, though. All these 27-24 type games is not the recipe for getting to the Super Bowl.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Yay.. Stillers finally woke up and molested them KC Chiefs. Now that the Benguls lost to Tampa Bay (!!??) and B-More got sonned, they are only a game out. This is the best NFL season, evar.

Yay.. Stillers finally woke up and molested them KC Chiefs. Now that the Benguls lost to Tampa Bay (!!??) and B-More got sonned, they are only a game out. This is the best NFL season, evar.

A game and a half behind B-more, but it doesn't matter- they'll surpass them eventually.
    Raj, how are you not an Eagles fan???

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Watching the Raiders is just so depressing. I don't even like them, but watching them just makes me sad for everyone involved in that team. How can they be so bad.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This is the best NFL season, evar.

Chargers taking it there. LT and Phil Rivers on fiyaaah.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    my team (KC) got served!!! That hurt to watch. At least Larry Johnson got some of Troy's hair as a memento. Now onto san diego and then Seattle...

Ravens over Panthers-[/b]

Falcons over Giants-[/b]

Eagles over Saints-[/b]

me no agree

Rams over Seahawks-[/b]

me agree

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hi Phil,

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Sports/?oid=oid%3A411312

Thanks for visiting,

A Saints fan

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    can't wait until the broncos offense finally decides to show up. 12 ppg average? terrible. good thing their defense is amazing or else they'd be 0-5

Hi Phill[/b],

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Sports/?oid=oid%3A411312

Thanks for visiting,

A Saints fan

I like what the Saints are doing down there, I can't front. I knew it was gonna be a tough game. Holding the ball for the last 8+ minutes =

The Eagles better shore up their pass D, or they're gonna have some big problems down the stretch. Michael Lewis is a BUM in pass coverage.

• I'm seriously bummed about the Bengals; that D can't stop anyone when they need to, and the offense has scored 13 in each of the last two games. Man, they're bumming me out.

Rams over Seahawks-[/b]

me agree

I wouldn't be surpised if Chicago catches one this Sunday Monday

Grossman, Grossman, Grossman... mark my words, as I've said before, he's a poor man's Brett Favre who will chuck it up without looking if he starts taking some hits.

I had a bad weekend prognosticating, but I think my analysis of Grossman and Da Bears is gonna turn out to be true, even beyond tonight's loss to Arizona. They're a good team, but all these tv commentators must be smokin' wet with Michael Irvin to compare them to the '85 Bears and call this year's team the best in the NFL. They're not that good- not yet anyway.

Grossman, Grossman, Grossman... mark my words, as I've said before, he's a poor man's Brett Favre who will chuck it up without looking if he starts taking some hits.

I had a bad weekend prognosticating, but I think my analysis of Grossman and Da Bears is gonna turn out to be true, even beyond tonight's loss to Arizona. They're a good team, but all these tv commentators must be smokin' wet with Michael Irvin to compare them to the '85 Bears and call this year's team the best in the NFL. They're not that good- not yet anyway.

Dude. Arizona's gonna blow it.

oops... may have spoken too soon. Arizona's trying to give this damn game away. Man, if they lose this schitt.... oh, man.

Dude. Arizona's gonna blow it.

Even if the Cards do blow it, come on... does Chicago look like the best team in the league to you? What is it, 4 ints for Grossman and coulda been like about 6??? I'm just sayin', they're not the powerhouse that everybody's making them out to be.

DAAAAAMMMM!!!! Can you believe this schitt???

FOCKIN' FOCK!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    DAAAAAMMMM!!!! Can you believe this schitt???

wow.

Defense and special teams: 21 points
    Offense: 3 points, 6 turnovers.

The Cardinals have a Ph.D. in blowing it.

Game's not over yet...

daaaaaaaam