Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    jump ball? come on
    ugh

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    My new label is called Zero Hustle.
    FEATURING GOOD LOOKS AND KICKOUTS.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    smush was like 3rd string on the pistons bench.

i always liked that oddly named basketball player... Why am i routing for the Lakers?

cause nash should not get MVP

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That was one of the best games of the playoffs so far. I think it will continue to cement Kobe's position as the greatest guard/forward since MJ.

Commentators always talk about trying to steal the ball in an inbounds before fouling, but I don't think I've ever seen it actually done. Smush gets big props for that play as well.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKIN' LAKER TEAM. what an emotional game for all of these players.....Kobe is leader.......i got teary-eyed watching that huddle at the end there......THAT'S LOVE.

Hell of a game. Kobe is da man PERIOD. Smush came up huge at the end, but Kobe both shots were amazing. Kobe is def... MVP. Damn this is the kind of game that can carry a team all the way to the finals. Remember D Fish (0.04) secs. in San Antonio carried them all the way to the finals against Detroit. Momentum is a mutha. LOL

And a far as Miami, this team is in the brink of a 1st round upset. Riley spectating while Wade, Payton & Walker go at it.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    spurs get blown out?!?!??!?!! no i dont feel so embaressed by the pistons performance sat.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yeah...I don't know if this was covered over the weekend but did anybody else catch this during the Clips/Nugs game?

Just keep your eye on Reggie Evans' left hand:

Dude was straight-up FISHING for a hot helping of

Yah it was talked about a little, Kaman shoved him back for it.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Just keep your eye on Reggie Evans' left hand:

Here's the scoop on the nutjob from the LA Times:

NBA Investigates Kaman Incident
    By Jason Reid, Times Staff Writer
    May 1, 2006

The NBA is investigating an incident in Saturday's 100-86 victory in Game 4 that led to center Chris Kaman's being assessed a flagrant foul.

The foul was called with 8 minutes 45 seconds remaining in the second quarter when Kaman shoved Denver forward Reggie Evans.

Kaman said he told referees that Evans grabbed his testicles and "pulled hard," and repeated his account in an interview Sunday with an NBA security official.

TV replays appeared to indicate Evans put his hand under Kaman's shorts as they battled for position near the basket.

"I told [the NBA] in complete detail what happened," Kaman said. "The three refs also knew what happened."

Kaman, who played despite being slowed by a viral illness, said he considered punching Evans.

"With what we're trying to do, I didn't want to get thrown out," he said. "I thought about it, but I knew what would happen.

"One of the refs said he would have knocked [him] out. It was crazy."

The Clippers were surprised by Evans' actions, to say the least.

"When I saw it on TV, it was like, 'Wow,' " 13-year veteran Sam Cassell said. "I asked the referees about it at halftime, and Jess Kersey, who has been in the league for [29] years, said he's never seen anything like it.

"You know what, Reggie is a good guy. I think he just lost it for a minute."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Kobe is def... MVP.

Cats gotta learn to separate the regular season from the PLAYOFFS. What anybody does in the Post-Season doesnt count when evaluating the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER of the 82 games.

Kobe has been brilliant.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Kobe is def... MVP.

Cats gotta learn to separate the regular season from the PLAYOFFS. What anybody does in the Post-Season doesnt count when evaluating the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER of the 82 games.

true...but kobe showed his leadership this year, getting his squad to the playoffs, co-existing with Phil, and dropping 81 points. nash is great, but there is no question who the mvp of the league is after last night's game. the difference between kobe and basically every other player in the nba is that you expect him to make that last second shot. also, have you ever seen someone go from hated to loved like kobe this year?

has anyone mentioned how difficult that layup was to put it into OT??

Kobe is def... MVP.

true...but kobe showed his leadership this year, getting his squad to the playoffs, co-existing with Phil, and dropping 81 points. nash is great, but there is no question who the mvp of the league is after last night's game.

LAST NIGHT'S GAME WAS A PLAYOFF GAME. Just separate the two accomplishments,Pleez!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Kobe is def... MVP.

true...but kobe showed his leadership this year, getting his squad to the playoffs, co-existing with Phil, and dropping 81 points. nash is great, but there is no question who the mvp of the league is after last night's game. the difference between kobe and basically every other player in the nba is that you expect him to make that last second shot. also, have you ever seen someone go from hated to loved like kobe this year?

Does anybody else almost feel bad for Nash? I mean, the dude didn't ask to be made MVP a second time--it's almost like dudes set him up for a sonning by Kobe.

Does anybody else almost feel bad for Nash?

Yes, but how far did he get in last year's playoff?

MVP award is overated.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

MVP award is overated.

Also: if word had filtered out that Kobe would be MVP, does anyone else think that Phoenix might actually be up 3-1 now?

MVP award is overated.

Also: if word had filtered out that Kobe would be MVP, does anyone else think that Phoenix might actually be up 3-1 now?

Conspiracy theory graemlin pleez.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    some of these seires are more interesting tha i thought they would be

payton arguing and fighting with wade is not a good look

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    A day after Game 4, and the aftershocks are still being felt in Los Angeles.

For LA, this is the biggest game since:

And a series that the Lakers were NOT supposed to win...........

i would presume:
    Approval Ratings for Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles (polled 5/1/06) = possible new all-time high

• In the after game interview it was priceless how kaman said, " He grabbed my nuts"

He was so in disbelief about it, it was incredibly funny. i am glad he didn't punch dude.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Not to sound gay or anything, but Chris Kaman would be hard to resist. He is one handsome chap -- with a really great head of hair too.

Reggie Evans is putting the back into basketball.

looks to me like desperate measuers in a losing game. lol

Not to sound gay or anything, but Chris Kaman would be hard to resist. He is one handsome chap -- with a really great head of hair too.

also, have you ever seen someone go from hated to loved like kobe this year?

yes; many.

has anyone mentioned how difficult that layup was to put it into OT??

yes; VERY difficult. Hesitation move past Bell, and baseline RAINBOW FLOATER over fully-extended Diaw listed at 6'8".

game 5, game 5

ugh

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    dude, it's over

move on

Last I heard the Suns are playing the Lakers in Phoenix on Tuesday. It'll be over when it's OVER dude.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Enough of the talk about the Lakers-Suns series. Can I get any comments on the Kings-Spurs series???? The Kings have been consistently outplaying the defending champs. The series victor is completely up in the air after the Kings got whupped in the first game.

The Kings are taking the Spurs apart with a great inside-outside combo, but not at the traditional positions and the Spurs have no answers. On the inside, the Kings are posting up Bonzi Wells at the 2, and posting and driving at the 3 with Artest. On the outside they have Bibby their PG and Miller their center. Not only that, but when they go to the bench they bring in Abdur Rahim who has been facing up Duncan and scoring almost at will against him. Bowen, the Spurs' best defender, looks defenceless against Wells and Artest.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Enough of the talk about the Lakers-Suns series. Can I get any comments on the Kings-Spurs series???? The Kings have been consistently outplaying the defending champs. The series victor is completely up in the air after the Kings got whupped in the first game.

The Kings are taking the Spurs apart with a great inside-outside combo, but not at the traditional positions and the Spurs have no answers. On the inside, the Kings are posting up Bonzi Wells at the 2, and posting and driving at the 3 with Artest. On the outside they have Bibby their PG and Miller their center. Not only that, but when they go to the bench they bring in Abdur Rahim who has been facing up Duncan and scoring almost at will against him. Bowen, the Spurs' best defender, looks defenceless against Wells and Artest.

Spurs look old, tired and unmotivated to me so far.....one more reason to believe this is the Mav's year.

Get out the brooms in Memphis...Mav's are about to sweep.

Mavs looking good, Rich. Agreed, I'd rather root for the Mavs over the Spurs this year.